Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Helpppp~

Raay Marie Stone

I wanna turn one of my favorite OC's into a pony but I don't know how!!!!!!!!! I know am envisioning what she would look like but I can't draw it! Help~

Well, asking someone to do it is usually a good idea. And giving a clear and detailed explanation of what she would look like would allow someone to decide if they would want to do it.

• Brohoof 2

Hm, have you tried doing some rough guidelines as to what they would look like? From my point of view, doing piece by piece helps; if you just do the head and facial features first, and toggle it until you're perfectly happy with it, and then the torso, legs, possible accessories following the same process, it may help you out. Also, from a personal experience, it may be best to design the mane and tail separately, if they are an issue. I know you said you're wanting to turn one of your OC's into a pony, meaning you have an idea as to what they look like anyway, but it may just help you. 

The only other thing I can say, is not to rush; if you have absolutely no idea right now, then don't force yourself to draw it. Wait a while - something will come to you, if it isn't there now. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well, asking someone to do it is usually a good idea. And giving a clear and detailed explanation of what she would look like would allow someone to decide if they would want to do it.

I really wanna draw it but I can't draw ponies!!!! And it upsets me alot because I love to draw and I have wanted to turn my character Raaya into a pony but my skills will not allow me too :(

Hm, have you tried doing some rough guidelines as to what they would look like? From my point of view, doing piece by piece helps; if you just do the head and facial features first, and toggle it until you're perfectly happy with it, and then the torso, legs, possible accessories following the same process, it may help you out. Also, from a personal experience, it may be best to design the mane and tail separately, if they are an issue. I know you said you're wanting to turn one of your OC's into a pony, meaning you have an idea as to what they look like anyway, but it may just help you. 

The only other thing I can say, is not to rush; if you have absolutely no idea right now, then don't force yourself to draw it. Wait a while - something will come to you, if it isn't there now. smile.png

It's not that I am having trouble with ideas, I just can't draw ponies and trust me I have tried for years

Use a pony creator to help get the general feel of the colors and then ask for a request. :) there is a useful one on deviantart called Gen zoi's pony creator. I think he made a new one recently with more posing options. C:

• Brohoof 1

I really wanna draw it but I can't draw ponies!!!! And it upsets me alot because I love to draw and I have wanted to turn my character Raaya into a pony but my skills will not allow me too sad.png

It's not that I am having trouble with ideas, I just can't draw ponies and trust me I have tried for years

There's always the pony creator, it's a flash thing that will let you get a concept idea for your pony very easily, it has a nice interface. You can find it here: http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904

After that, you can probably find an artist willing to draw your pony who has better skills than you.

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps you could get somebody to draw it for you then - if you were to give somebody a picture of you OC, and have them turn it into a pony, then you would have your OC. Plus, you could copy from their original piece, and eventually get better. 

If I may ask, what is it that you find so difficult about drawing ponies??

• Brohoof 1

Use a pony creator to help get the general feel of the colors and then ask for a request. smile.png there is a useful one on deviantart called Gen zoi's pony creator. I think he made a new one recently with more posing options. C:

There's always the pony creator, it's a flash thing that will let you get a concept idea for your pony very easily, it has a nice interface. You can find it here: http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904

After that, you can probably find an artist willing to draw your pony who has better skills than you.

Perhaps you could get somebody to draw it for you then - if you were to give somebody a picture of you OC, and have them turn it into a pony, then you would have your OC. Plus, you could copy from their original piece, and eventually get better. 

If I may ask, what is it that you find so difficult about drawing ponies??

I never thought to use an animator and the oly person I know who does good horses does not attend my school anymore.

And as for drawing I have never been good at drawing ponies. I am really only good at drawing people :(

I really wanna draw it but I can't draw ponies!!!! And it upsets me alot because I love to draw and I have wanted to turn my character Raaya into a pony but my skills will not allow me too sad.png

I'm sure if you keep practicing with tracing and such you'll be able to do it soon! Just never give up and keep trying, you'll be able to do it eventually.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure if you keep practicing with tracing and such you'll be able to do it soon! Just never give up and keep trying, you'll be able to do it eventually.

Thank you that was very sweet and did make me smile a lil bit. I needed that alot. I'm not going to give up, I'm going to keep trying!

• Brohoof 1

Would it benefit you to look up people drawing them, and explaining how to do it AS they draw it?  I know it sounds dumb, but it benefits sometimes! ^^

I suggest that you look up drawing guides, they help a lot. 

Here's Equestria Daily's list of guides/tutorials.

Other than that, you can look up General Zoi's pony creator, it is very useful. 

I'll think about it and I wanna think you for trying to help me :) It has cheered me up a good bit :) So thank you very much

• Brohoof 1