Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your opinion on the Call of Duty series?

Groo

You're opinion on the Call of Duty series?   

76 users have voted

1. 1. What is You're opinion on the Call of Duty series?

• Its amazing, I try to buy every game!
    • I own a couple, they are crazy fun!
    • a own one and its pretty good!
    • I do not own any but i plan on getting a copy.
    • I do not own any and dont plan on owning any.
    • Its the same dumb thing over and over.
    • KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Everything after Cod4 went down hill. MW2 was great though and Blops 1 is where the fun ended. Now its the same bull left and right.

I do play them as im a gamer and a good chunk of my friends get them, but i despise them quite a bit.

Maybe if they brought back Marathon ill somewhat like them more.

Rules of cod:

Everyone is a cutthroat 12 year old who has f*cked your mum

Everyone is already better than you

Only f*ggots use shot guns

All arguments are settled with 1v1 quickscopes

Everyone camps

Everyone is angry

99% of custom emblems are dicks

Every one lifts

This is true in every way.

Also, if anyone is better than you, they're a no life nerd. If they're worse than you, then theyre a noob.

Any gun that kills you is op.

Anything that doesn't kill for you is underpowered.

Your gun always shoots marshmellows compared to other people's.

Edited by Ditzy Haven Doo
  • Brohoof 3

I think CoD is a solid game series in comparison to some other shooters out there. The majority of the community are assholes however League of Legends is one of the most successful games of all time and that has a community far worse than CoD. As for the "same game" argument TF2 is guilty for this I would personally say more than CoD however that game doesn't get nearly as much grief in comparison to CoD. So overall I do like CoD as a series :)

You could say I'm something of a reformed CoD fan. I used to find it fun, but then I was getting fed up with all the bullshit campers and boosters. Though, I will say I was pretty decent at it, but I hated having like a 10 kill streak and then rounding the corner to a shotgun camper with a tactical insertion under his ass. My little brother got BO2 for christmas last year, and I played a bit of it with my friends on xbox live, never stayed out of a party though because I didn't feel like listening to little kids, their voices hurt my ears. Though, I will say, it was fun to run around with a knife only class and hack the shit out of everything they had placed down with these "black hat pda" things that would basically change the alignment of equipment on the field. Put on scavenger, the running perks, and the hacker perks that let you see equipment through walls, and you could rack up a kill streak without even using the knife because of how many people spammed bouncing betties and claymores. But I didn't like the fact that there wasn't a revolver in the game that wasn't a shotgun revolver. I wanted to play it like the spy in TF2 minus the cloak and disguise, backstab people when they aren't looking, put a revolver round in their heads when they are, sapping (controlling) enemy mines, and generally being stealthy like that.

While I will say that was fun, it is still a really shitty copy-paste game that really hasn't changed anything but cosmetics over the years and I'm not going to play any more of them, so hopefully Activision will stop publishing that trash. Which is likely to happen because from what I've heard, ghosts has so much less pre-orders than BO2 did.

I think CoD is a solid game series in comparison to some other shooters out there. The majority of the community are assholes however League of Legends is one of the most successful games of all time and that has a community far worse than CoD. As for the "same game" argument TF2 is guilty for this I would personally say more than CoD however that game doesn't get nearly as much grief in comparison to CoD. So overall I do like CoD as a series smile.png

Please, tell me how TF2 is the same game as TFC. TF2 is vastly different in terms of having more than one set of UNIQUE weapons per class, having more updates and free updates at that, whereas activision will nickel and dime you for every single fucking patch.

Edited by Suitaloo

(we'll have to wait and see if COD: Ghosts outdoes GTA: IV one released)

No way. Not only did Black Ops 2 (which held the record) had about $300,000,000 less on release, but they have said preorders are way down for Ghosts. They blame it on the Next-Gen consoles.

Rules of cod:

Everyone is a cutthroat 12 year old who has f*cked your mum

Everyone is already better than you

Only f*ggots use shot guns

All arguments are settled with 1v1 quickscopes

Everyone camps

Everyone is angry

99% of custom emblems are dicks

Every one lifts

All of these are 100% true to a lot of CoD players. Only thing is, while a lot of people like to think that every lobby is 12 year olds going against 12 year olds, It's actually not as bad as everyone makes it seem.

Please, tell me how TF2 is the same game as TFC. TF2 is vastly different in terms of having more than one set of UNIQUE weapons per class, having more updates and free updates at that, whereas activision will nickel and dime you for every single fucking patch.

First of all would it be ok if you mention what TFC is? I'm not very good with acronyms :P Obviously this is just my opinion and everyone's is different, I don't hate TF2 either and it is different to CoD in the way it plays with the classes and the more tactical side to it. However I just don't enjoy the class system as much as you do. As for the updates most of the ones for TF2 are for cosmetic patches where more items are introduced whilst in my opinion patches for new maps are not as many. Again cosmetics are something I just don't care about in a game like an fps where I see the character for all of 1 second before I'm in a first person perspective. As for activision asking for money the keys (if your into them) add up if you buy enough to them and it is only for cosmetic items, which again I don't care for.

And again I don't hate TF2 as a game but for a preferred shooter I prefer CoD. Hope this clears things up a it more :)

It's actually an alright game but it's far too overrated and really unimaginative. There are a lot of other great FPSs out there and people don't realise that.

The CoD single player is actually pretty mediocre in my opinion and the multiplayer is standard (except zombies) the only thing that makes it great online is that there's always someone to play.

Also the developers get nominated for a bunch of awards they don't deserve, as well as the series itself.

• Brohoof 1

needs a couple better options.

You literally go from "Its good" to "Its terrible!"

where is the "meh It's alright" or "its getting old, needs something fresh" options?

While the series is/was good, its stagnated into just being repetitively the same over and over since MW. Tripping over each of its iterations.

And the P2P matchmaking thing making it to the PC was a sales driving point easily (P2P goes almost dead upon release of new version, forcing many to give up and get the new game)

Its still a good game in its own right though tbh. But Treyarch still blows at map designs, and IW's incapable of adding new things since Activision wants quick/easy sales over innovative new games sad.png

For SP

Treyarch had a great game with BO1's campaign though (rather original take on things that hadn't really been seen before) where IW kept repeating the same formula there over and over sad.png

Each game since MW just being the same thing, and little or no change. With the same twists and turns :/

BO2... I had to force myself through that one. It bored the hell out of me, and was so random and messed up, most of it didn't even make sense or tie together very well.

But haven't even been tempted to touch the MP much since MW2 disappointed so badly sad.png

Even BF3's CQ maps felt more intense by that point. And being able to actually blast the walls added to that fun...

(not saying BF>CoD, just my opinion of the MP right now. CoD still kicks BF's ass in SP by a long shot, even if the SP in BO2 was dull....... Just realize though, in BF's favor they don't need new games each year, just an expansion or two...hmmmm)

Just hope to hear Ghosts does something NEW and actually interesting.

BF4 has collapsing massive buildings the player can crush (and die under... Flipping fun knocking the building down and watching people run to the edges and jump! lol!) with the return of the commander mode among other things.

So come on ghosts! give me some fun! (Why do i get the feeling Ghosts is ragging on the Ghost Recon games at this point? tongue.png )

Edited by GrimCW

They're not so bad. I couldn't play COD every day, but every once in a while is fun. I just love customizing my guns, and I had way too much fun making Rainbow Dash guns in Black ops 2.

I've only ever played WaW (only 5 or 6 matches), MW2 (again, only 5 or 6 matches), Black Ops, MW3, and Black Ops 2 online before. My opinion of them is that I liked a few of them. I absolutely loved WaW, and Black ops 2. I could actually get kills on these games, and I could finally manage to get killstreaks. MW2 was fun for the few matches I played it. I sucked at Black ops and MW3 and I didn't really have much fun with them to be honest.

Call of Duty can be fun, but...It's no fun dying repeatedly, then being cursed out very aggressively by some 11 year old about how much I effing suck.

I'll probably end up getting Ghosts. As epic as Battlefield 4 looks, I always like having a second multiplayer game to play every so often just for the hell of it, or for when I want to take a break from the first.

Oh! I forgot. Zombies. I absolutely love Zombies. Well, WaW and BO zombies. I could never really get into BO2 Zombies.

Edited by Seibutsu Akuma

Call of Duty can be fun, but...It's no fun dying repeatedly, then being cursed out very aggressively by some 11 year old about how much I effing suck.

I actually find plenty of fun in that smile.png

Namely by sucking on purpose, they can't kick people in the P2P design, so it only gets better tongue.png

Topping that, its not a hack or bannable offense soooo....

Just suck hard, or distract the person in question enough they rage quit smile.png

I've even gone so far as to playing with the gamepad on the PC, and announcing it in game, just to agitate these kids smile.png

Trolling the trolls.. always fun. 

Edit: Just to clarify, I wouldn't do this on all occasions, just when some rank little snot gets cocky and happens to be on my team.

I really don't play for competition, or score. So the more fun, the better. But I'd never cheat to achieve that.

Edited by GrimCW

COD 4: Good MP and story

COD WaW: Awesome co-op and singlplayer and all the zombie maps were fun

MW2: The opposite of Halo 2;the storyline was horrible the multiplayer was horrible (Spawns were predictable on every map and title updates did nothing) and the DLC was too expensive. 

BO: This one made me stop playing MP on COD and the zombie maps were the only good thing in this game,but playing  zombies single handedly is harder on B.O then WaW

MW3: Played it once hated it and I stopped playing COD all together

In all: COD is an overrated series where online play should be avoided. The only thing COD did right, and it was only for 2 games, was zombies.

Edited by COBLoneWolf
  • Brohoof 1

GrimCW, on 07 Oct 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

I actually find plenty of fun in that smile.png

Namely by sucking on purpose, they can't kick people in the P2P design, so it only gets better tongue.png

Topping that, its not a hack or bannable offense soooo....

Just suck hard, or distract the person in question enough they rage quit smile.png

I've even gone so far as to playing with the gamepad on the PC, and announcing it in game, just to agitate these kids smile.png

Trolling the trolls.. always fun. 

Edit: Just to clarify, I wouldn't do this on all occasions, just when some rank little snot gets cocky and happens to be on my team.

I really don't play for competition, or score. So the more fun, the better. But I'd never cheat to achieve that.

Trolling others is always fun! :)

Making others rage Is one of the most enjoyable parts of Call of Duty...well, that and Zombies. I had way too much fun with the riot shield thing in Black Ops 2. Oh boy, the reactions I got by using that thing were priceless. I loved going into a room of like 3 bad guys and killing them all with it. I always got called hacker by the raging people who I just killed. I can't wait to buy Ghosts and troll others. Hell, I could even wear my Homestuck Troll horns while I do it. Trolololol! laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Trolling others is always fun! smile.png

Making others rage Is one of the most enjoyable parts of Call of Duty...well, that and Zombies. I had way too much fun with the riot shield thing in Black Ops 2. Oh boy, the reactions I got by using that thing were priceless. I loved going into a room of like 3 bad guys and killing them all with it. I always got called hacker by the raging people who I just killed. I can't wait to buy Ghosts and troll others. Hell, I could even wear my Homestuck Troll horns while I do it. Trolololol! laugh.png

Well.. trolling trolls is fun tongue.png Or using legitimate tactics (no matter how "cheap") is fun too when people get worked up over something they could just as easily do themselves! tongue.png

but trolling just to be a troll.. thats bad... I think so anywho.

If its winning for your team though, thats just good play IMO. Even if it peeves me off, I'll always acknowledge a legitimate tactic for what it is.

Bad trolling BTW is, IMO, deliberately screwing with your own team for no reason other than to do so. I can see (and do) going after someone thats just being an ignorant dick, but leave the rest of the team out of it! angry.png

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

GrimCW, on 07 Oct 2013 - 1:00 PM, said:GrimCW, on 07 Oct 2013 - 1:00 PM, said:GrimCW, on 07 Oct 2013 - 1:00 PM, said:GrimCW, on 07 Oct 2013 - 1:00 PM, said:

Well.. trolling trolls is fun tongue.png Or using legitimate tactics (no matter how "cheap") is fun too when people get worked up over something they could just as easily do themselves! tongue.png

but trolling just to be a troll.. thats bad... I think so anywho.

If its winning for your team though, thats just good play IMO. Even if it peeves me off, I'll always acknowledge a legitimate tactic for what it is.

In Black Ops 2, I could actually help my team, whilst trolling at the same time. Trolling just for the hell of it can get old. I like to troll while helping my team, that way I'm not just dragging them down. I've seen Troll youtube videos where the guy trolling has 0 kills, 10 deaths, and is on the bottom of the scoreboard. I'm not saying K/D ratio is that important, but in the same video I'm referring to the guy didn't even try for the objective. He was just trying to piss off his own teammates. That's hurting your team more than helping it, so I don't see the point of the trolling there. I love being near the top of the scoreboard, after I just trolled a little bit. It's satisfying to know you helped your team, while having a little bit of additional fun. I don't troll the whole game, per se. That would get boring. I play the objective, but every so often I'll sneak in something Troll-like, just for fun. smile.png

Edited by Seibutsu Akuma
  • Brohoof 1

That's hurting your team more than helping it, so I don't see the point of the trolling there. I love being near the top of the scoreboard, after I just trolled a little bit. It's satisfying to know you helped your team, while having a little bit of additional fun.

lol Ended up getting it before i amended my other post to add what i call bad trolling :P

But yep, thats about the gist of it right there!.

• Brohoof 1

First of all would it be ok if you mention what TFC is? I'm not very good with acronyms tongue.png Obviously this is just my opinion and everyone's is different, I don't hate TF2 either and it is different to CoD in the way it plays with the classes and the more tactical side to it. However I just don't enjoy the class system as much as you do. As for the updates most of the ones for TF2 are for cosmetic patches where more items are introduced whilst in my opinion patches for new maps are not as many. Again cosmetics are something I just don't care about in a game like an fps where I see the character for all of 1 second before I'm in a first person perspective. As for activision asking for money the keys (if your into them) add up if you buy enough to them and it is only for cosmetic items, which again I don't care for.

And again I don't hate TF2 as a game but for a preferred shooter I prefer CoD. Hope this clears things up a it more smile.png

I see your point, however, there is a reason new maps and weapons take longer, they have more thought put in to them than just altering the damage and magazine size a bit. And in the case of keys, those are completely optional, if you want to play all the new maps for CoD, you are required to pay, whereas in TF2, new maps and weapons (weapons generally come with either a big game release or around christmas time) are completely free.

MW2 was that last one I really got into. That game was loads of fun, if you knew how to play it. Protip: always carry a stinger missile on-hand. It can take down most killstreaks in seconds.

Past that, Black Ops was crap, MW3 was only saved by its co-op, and BO2 didn't really have anything to offer besides an interesting Bond-esque branching storyline.

As for Ghosts, it looks okay. Squads mode looks like a breath of fresh air, if nothing else. I think I'll wait 'till the price drops though. I don't play nearly enough multiplayer these days to make the game worth $60, but the campaign looks like it could be pretty interesting.

No way. Not only did Black Ops 2 (which held the record) had about $300,000,000 less on release, but they have said preorders are way down for Ghosts. They blame it on the Next-Gen consoles.

Yeah I read about that. Gamestop claimed to be on the way to record breaking pre-order number whereas (i think it was) someone from Activision said it was selling slower but at the predicted because of people not know which console to pre-order it for. I guess we'll have to see. 1 Billion dollars in 3 days is very impressive, especially when you consider it had no PC release and didn't launch with online mutliplayer.