Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Winter

Flutter's lover <3

So, it actually snowed the other day, even though it melted shortly after, it made me realize that it's THAT time...I personally despise winter...snow, slush, shoveling...and the cold.

So, who here likes/dislikes winter?  And what do you do during the winter? Discuss!

220bb4ae9c6348f64fe9a133dc146e49.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely LOVE the Winter.

I love it mainly because of:

• Christmas
  • Snow
  • Cold Weather
  • Hot Chocolate, S'mores, and other hot drinks/foods
  • Scarves and heavy clothing

and quite a lot of other things.

I usually stay inside where it's nice and cozy. Curling up in a blanket while reading a good book is one of the best feelings to me. I also enjoy playing video games and pretty much everything else I do during any other season. 

• Brohoof 2

I love the cold wind in the air, and the nice warm fireplace during a great day of snow.

• Christmas
  • Hot Chocolate, and other treats
  • Video Games
  • Blankets
  • Snow
  • Christmas Tree
  • Friends & Family

Winter is awesome! :D

Well winter is honestly my least favorite of the seasons. I'm honestly more of a spring or summer person but there are still things I enjoy about winter
more breaks in school

Christmas and New Years with my family

Watching the snow fall from my house. It makes my yard like art

Sitting by the fire with a blanket on Christmas Eve watching Christmas specials

Dislikes

The ice. I hate slipping on ice. I had a bad experience a few years ago when my mom's car skidded off the road.

I don't want to go outside because it's too cold and icy.

Having to go out to the bus stop early in the morning when it's extra cold.

So yeah winter goes downhill for me after New Years. It was fun to play in the snow as a kid but now I prefer to be inside wrapped in a blanket.

i flipping love winter, snowboarding, skiing, hot chocolate, snow and the fact that my grandma has a four foot deep hole in her backyard that fills with snow and i can jump off her balcony, also @, i live about two hours north west(north north west?) of you

Meh. I've never liked winter.  Like you said, cold weather shoveling snow and icy ground,  Although I do like the scenery and Christmas is my favorite holiday, and staying inside where its warm with something hot is nice. It's miles better than the hot mugginess of Summer, that's for sure

I love winter. I hate the heat, humidity, sweating, and mosquitos. In the winter theres snow which is beautiful and you can do fun things like sledding, ice skating, etc. Plus, cold air is refreshing and its much easier to warm up then it is to cool off.

I absolutely love the winter! One of my favorite parts is staying up late at night and enjoying the cold, quiet stillness that only this time of year can provide. I also love running outside barefoot, breathing in the crisp, cool air, making snow forts, enjoying my birthday, enjoying a time without wasps, having an excuse to create a blanket poncho, and watching Doctor Who with my little brother. In my life, all good things come from the cold.

• Brohoof 2

Cold makes fibromyalgia pain worse. Also, OCD says wet is bad. Luckliy it doesn't get cold enough to snow here, but I actually prefer snow to rain, as it takes longer to get you wet, and you do have a chance to get snow off before it melts.

I also prefer spring and summer for several reasons:

-Baby animals

-Fresh fruit

-Longer days/shorter nights

-Summer travel

I like autumn, but it leads into winter, which makes me sad and kind of anxious.

Oh my gosh, I love winter! It's my favourite season! Sure it might be a bit cold, especially up here in the north, but I personally think it's a heck of a lot better than being hot! And for some reason I just don't feel as cold as most others seems to, like my mother/siblings could be complaining about how cold it is while they're wearing nice warm jackets, and I'll just be walking around in a hoodie going "Huh?". xD

Aside from that, here's my small list of things I love about winter: (May have forgotten a thing or two)

- Snow, snow, and moar snow!

- Christmas!

- The lack of bugs! (I freakin' despise bugs. >.<)

- The scenery!

- The grey, cloudy skies!

- The cool temperatures! (As I mentioned)

- Did I mention snow?

- The feel! You know, that feeling you get during the winter season? I don't know how to explain it right now, but it's awesome! xD

And more! e9FkmL5.png

Edited by Sir Appleshy
  • Brohoof 3

Winter is my favorite season! :P

-It's always dark.

-Snow storms biggrin.png

-Fluffy sheets

-Hot chocolate

-Christmas

-We visit the whole family

-Holidays, no school

And more epic things. e9FkmL5.png

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 1

Ahhh as for winter, I'm kind of for it.. and at the same time really don't want it..

I want it because in Kingman it gets soo damn hot! like 110.... yeah no fun then. I get to go on my walks, which is really nice! I love the cold nights! make me feel at home!

I don't want it because... it gets like 30-40 at night.... during the day its like 50-60... which is nice... the wind picks up and makes it even colder! I lose hours at work because of this damn cold, top of all that if it snows... everyone in Kingman loses their mind... and its just a bucking war down here... because of some snow..

Winter is fine and all, but I really don't like the cold weather. I really don't like the snow (it's too cold), and plus; the area I live in rarely gets snow; it usually just gets cold winds which I also don't like.

However, I love Christmas time, and I love staying indoors during the winter cuddled up in front of a fireplace. It's so nice. Espesically with a good book. I also love spending time with all of my family during Christmas time. So, other than the actual weather part, I like Winter.

• Brohoof 2

Cold? Nah, not for this guy over here. Sure I can tolerate the cold and not wear a coat/even change my attire for the season of winter (That'll show the pesky season it has no effect on the master. Lil' bastard...)

So yeah, the only really inconvenient things about winter are: cold, snow, holidays, ice n' shit, and some other minor crap. But it's really no matter to me if it doesn't rain/snow/sleet/anything that can fuck up the immaculate cleanliness of my automobiles.

Seriously. I don't really care if it's overcast or a little chilly as long as it doesn't get my car dirty. Sure i'd prefer it to be sunny and 75 so I can do whatever the hell I want outside without not wanting to be outside because it's just obnoxious out there.

That pretty much sums it up. 

Recap:

-Clean car

-Warm

-Holidays are bad

-Saltine Crackers

• Brohoof 1

i flipping love winter, snowboarding, skiing, hot chocolate, snow and the fact that my grandma has a four foot deep hole in her backyard that fills with snow and i can jump off her balcony, also @, i live about two hours north west(north north west?) of you

I'm guessing you live in Sudbury or Barrie or something?

The only time I really like winter, is when I don't have to outside. lol. snow can come for Christmas, then it can bugger off. Makes me wish I lived in California or BC or something...

Me?  I'm a Michigan man, so I love fall and winter.  I love when the leaves start to change, the air starts getting nippier, and I have to start wearing layers of clothing and jackets, gloves, and ear muffs outside!  Not a big fan of cold rains, but when the first snows start to hit it's awesome.  Yeah once we get enough you have to be careful driving on the roads, but it's also really beautiful and pretty amazing seeing how it transforms the whole area!  Long live winter, I say! derpy_emoticon1.png  

Edited by Batbrony

I'm guessing you live in Sudbury or Barrie or something?

The only time I really like winter, is when I don't have to outside. lol. snow can come for Christmas, then it can bugger off. Makes me wish I lived in California or BC or something...

no i live in collingwood, it's near wasaga beach and blue mountain,

i do like winter but not when it's really cold, and it was hailing the last three days and i was wearing shorts, t-shirt and an over shirt unbuttoned short sleeved 

tfw living in Southern California

Seriously winter here is slightly cold, the temperature almost never drops below freezing.

What's the snow like? Seriously I've never been in the snow. The concept of a snowy day is completely alien to me.

i do like winter but not when it's really cold, and it was hailing the last three days and i was wearing shorts, t-shirt and an over shirt unbuttoned short sleeved 

It rarely hails here too  :/ Earthquakes on the other hand... those get old after a while.  

I'll appreciate winter more when I move out of Alaska. We have two seasons here: spring and winter. Winter lasts longer. KUbAnTY.png  I don't mind snow but I get cold easily. Can't wait to move!

I love Winter. I like how body temperature is easier to regulate, hot chocolate (I do not in any way shape or form encourage adding Irish cream, which is absolutely disgusting anywayimg-1956224-1-wink.png ), fires, snow, the colour of the sky and the frost on the trees. It is a beautiful season, a time of rest and rejuvenation, yet still full of life. I like how snow molds itself around bare feet, offering a perfectly shaped and soft cushion. Most people call me crazy for this, but I enjoy shoveling. I enjoy the calm and the rhythm, allowing the mind to wander. I enjoy the movement, doing something with my hands, it is rewarding. I even shovel the sidewalks of the adjacent houses for the enjoyment of it. Every season has something to offer, and I love them all, but winter holds a special place in my heart.

Something I felt the need to add: I love light snowfalls in the morning, when all is quiet, the air is crisp, and the sky bright, and the ground covered in a soft blanket. It is so calm, and in times such as this, one feels the need to put on something warm and meditate over such pure, unbroken calm. Such perfect days are rare.

Edited by Frith is Magik
  • Brohoof 2

I hope winter is coming, but we haven't really had one the last two years... Or who am I kidding? Where I live we don't really ever have winters.

Still, I'd love to have a winter with total snowfall ranges above one inch again... The year before the last couple of winters (where we only had one inch) had like 30 inches. We need that again.