Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Winter

Flutter's lover <3

Not a fan of the cold, mornings are especially bad since I have do a good bit of walking while the sun hasn't risen yet. Snow isn't too bad but I prefer rain. I do enjoy the holidays though: all the get togethers and merry-making. In the end, I give Winter a passing grade but it's definitely not my favorite season.

I live in a tropical island xD I have NEVER felt or experienced snow in my whole life (does the frost in my fridge count?). Stupid tropics....having only two kinds of weather. Really HOT or really WET.

I used to be in a similar situation (lived in south Florida for most of my life), but then I went to school up north and saw some snow. At first it was magical, but eventually it became kind of normal and a wee bit annoying.

Several kindred people in here, I see. Can't think of anything I don't like about winter. Shoveling snow, the snow itself (appearance, feel, etc), the unique taste of cold air, sitting comfortably with a cup of coffee by the window with the knowledge of how much nicer it is inside than out... everything about winter is delightful. Yes, I like shoveling snow. It's no more laborious than the games people play or the yard work they do during the summer. img-2003989-1-tongue.png

Snowfall can even have a soothing sound as relaxing to me as that of a thunderstorm. More pleasant to watch too. The necessity of travel in snow and ice isn't so great though. It's terribly inconvenient and people can be pretty stupid on the road even in good weather. At least that's a human failing and not a problem with the season itself. img-2003989-2-dry.png

I now claim you as my long lost brother. Winter is awesome and I don't mind shoveling snow either, it adds this feeling to winter, though I don't know what to call this feeling but I like it. I would gladly move further up north if I had the money. Last year was awesome, it was -40 Celsius and I was out in nothing but a hoodie and geans. But there are those times I freeze my ass off and then it is no fun because it hurts. Once it gets really cold I will start my early morning walks to Tim Horton's. Can't wait! laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

How can one possibly dislike winter? lol Actually I understand if you live in an area where it snows all the time. I have a German friends who hates winter with a blue-blooded passion because it snows and rains all the time in Germany (according to her). In Oklahoma, we're in the middle of a drought and the winter has been too warm lately for snow except last year. It snowed 6 inches in one day. I put on my insulated boots and ran around in the snow, kicking it everywhere I went. People probably looked out their windows and thought "Who is this mental guy running in circles in the snow?!" biggrin.png

I love winter. Slick roads make it interesting to drive. My car is a little scarier to drive and it forces you to pay attention to what you're doing. Same thing with walking on ice. It's something I've learned to do since I first busted my ass on the street when I was 10 years old. 

I've always been more of a cold weather person. It's 55 degrees today and that's amazing weather to me. Everyone who walked to campus today was wearing coats and boots. I was rocking the t-shirt, gym shorts, and flip flops. Classy look, I know lol I'll still walk to class without a coat in temperatures as low as 35 degrees. Cold doesn't bother me nearly as bad as hot. It's just my luck that our winters are generally mild and our summers are frickin hot lol

Plus, hugs are better in big coats :)

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 1

How can one possibly dislike winter? lol Actually I understand if you live in an area where it snows all the time. I have a German friends who hates winter with a blue-blooded passion because it snows and rains all the time in Germany (according to her).

This so much. This is why I detest British winters in particular. It barely snows, and when it does, it's not long before the snow goes black. You're also stuck in one spot because trains won't run properly if at all, and it rains ALL THE TIME. That is not something one should find enjoyable under normal circumstances. I might look nicer in the US, but definitely not here.

I don't really hate or like winter....it just....happens.  I mean, I just see some things as "that's part of life, no matter what I say, it's not going to change" kind of thing. I could say I hate winter, but that won't make it go away. I could move, but then, I'd miss the snow since it is a very familar thing.  I could say I love winter, but that won't stop me from overtly fretting over whether or not my husband makes it safetly to work in a blizzard (we also get very bad snow drifting) because he works an hour away.  I look at it like something I just have to deal with, and pray to God every day that my husband gets to and from work safely.  If it's cold, I layer up. With summer, you can only strip so much, before it's considered public indecency, and you're still left frying like an egg on the road.  But in winter, you can move around (to warm up),drink hot chocolate, and layer so much you feel like you're covered in bubble wrap. 

This so much. This is why I detest British winters in particular. It barely snows, and when it does, it's not long before the snow goes black. You're also stuck in one spot because trains won't run properly if at all, and it rains ALL THE TIME. That is not something one should find enjoyable under normal circumstances. I might look nicer in the US, but definitely not here.

Well I live in west central Oklahoma along Interstate 40. The winter here is so mild that it doesn't snow much. And when it does, it's gone in sixty seconds lol 

But while it lasts, at least it stays white. Black snow just sounds...unappealing. 

I do not despise winter, but I definitely do not like winter. I hate the cold, I would much prefer to sit in a 100 degree(Fahrenheit) car with a trench coat on(I have actually done thisderpy_emoticon2.png ). I don't mind the snow so much, as long as it doesn't get in my shoes or down my back. And I enjoy skiing as long as I have the proper protection(I hate it when my hands and toes are numb and everywhere else on my body is sweatingKUbAnTY.png ). 

My mom likes winter though because as she says, you can keep piling on clothes to keep warm.

But once a part of you does get cold, it stays with you long after you enter a warm room, whereas if you are sweltering hot, all you have to do is walk into an air-conditioned room and you are instantly relieved.biggrin.png

In California, it never snows (at least not where I live) but I like snow, so that sucks. But I hate cold weather, so I don't like winter that much. I guess I'm lucky it doesn't get super freezing here though.

Here in Ireland, it never snows! Last time it snowed here at Christmas was 2004, and I hardly remember that day. But, I like snow. To me, it adds to the whole Christmas spirit. But I fucking hate the sub-zero temperatures. It was -10 degrees celsius last year!

Well I live in west central Oklahoma along Interstate 40. The winter here is so mild that it doesn't snow much. And when it does, it's gone in sixty seconds lol 

But while it lasts, at least it stays white. Black snow just sounds...unappealing. 

Well, the snow is white when it falls, obviously, but it soon turns black due to road usage. You can expect that from big cities. Where you are kinda sounds like where I'm from. It doesn't snow much in Sicily either, but when it does it lasts for a short while. But at least there's no constant rain and the cold is actually comforting rather than biting. Even I could get used to that.

I dislike winter.  It always seems to be when bad things happen.  (That and I get sick of shoveling snow)

Snowed on Monday... what happens today?  

THIS

I shot this myself this morning.... I'm still in shock that this has happened.  

My sister, who will be 25 on Nov 24th's job that she's had since she was 16 1/2 just burnt down.  (still standing but complete loss)   I called her about 5:45 telling her the news then went and picked her up... we watched from when it was like in this video, all in the ceiling/roof to downstairs/dining area... them ripping the roof off part-way... everything.

I'm in tears, this Culver's isn't just any ol Culver's... the workers are like family to each other, granted dirtiest-minded people, but they are awesome and always so great to everyone.   We are a rural area for the most part so everyone knows someone related to this fire.   She loved her job, she worked full time & just seemed at a loss today.  Luckily my fiancee was along so he drove home.

It always seems like THIS time of bad stuff happens in winter or getting close to winter/holiday times.   Besides this bad Mojo.... shoveling... and the people who don't know how to drive in snow.

Edited by Dekanogi'a

It's winter eight months of the year where I live, so of course I think it's absolutely fabulous. I love the cold and I turn into a little kid when I'm in the snow, LOL. It really is beautiful when it snows~

• Brohoof 1

One of the few reasons why I like winter would be that you can enjoy warmth, since it's cold! img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I think that sleeping in a heated place with good blankets feels very comfortable (during winter). laugh.png

I live in Finland, where winters last anywhere from five to six months, perpetual darkness is guaranteed, and temperatures can drop as low as -35 degrees celsius. I'm not big fan of winter, to be honest. Why?

Well, *YOU* try living through 19 Fennoscandian winters in a row, and THEN come back and ask me that question again.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

• 7 years later...

I love winter. Landscape full of snow, colder temperatures and the whole feeling. Of course winter can be quite bothersome when trying to get work or to a destination in general. Still I love snowy landscapes. Sadly where I live winter it's rather the exception than the rule. If I lucky temperatures there is 4 or 5 mm snow for 2 or three days. Winter used to be quite different when I was younger.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like winter ... if we would have one. Since 2014, the most winter were mild, gray and rainy. Snow was a rarity and so was frost. Especially the christmas time is often really warm ( I remember one year where we had almost 20°C). And when we have snow, it is usually only for a few days. Last winter, we had a little bit more snow than the winters before, but when I think on some winter in my childhood, that was no comparison. I mean, in winter 2010/11, we had snow and frost from the end of febraury until the beginning of january (the whole december, even on christmas). In winter 2019/20, we only had one day with wet snow.

My favorite activities in winter is the same like in all the other seasons. It is Hiking. But Hhiking throuigh a snowy land is my favorite hiking after hiking through a autumn forest. The only thing I don't like in winter is driving at the morning to the work/University while snow falls. Because here in the western parts of germany, when we have snow, people on the streets goes crazy. And that can be really stressful. But besides this, I like winter. Sleeping is also nicer because it is cool, good air and no mosquitos (well, except the last years where winter was to mild). 

• 1 year later...