Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mermaids

Fluttershyfan94

Mermaids

So I found this:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/mermaids/videos/camera-captures-mermaid-on-diving-vessel.htm

In that video it seems like there is a mermaid there or that's what they're calling it. It's something alright, I'm pretty sure it's fake but whether it's fake or not. Do you believe this could be mermaids or aliens? Or is it just fake, it's probably fake.

Whether this is real or not.. I'm just going to say this.. Aliens.

aliens_zps16982ddb.png

I'm pretty sure it's fake, but it's still an interesting video.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

It is an interesting video, but at the same time, you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt. People have been finding human made horrors such as Nessie and Big Foot for years. It's fun to watch, but I feel inclined to call BS

• Brohoof 1

I think it's fake, but the video is pretty interesting when it is trying to answer if mermaids are real. Sadly, myths and legends will always have a question on their origin.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'll be the first to say I believe the video might be faked, but that mermaids are real... I'm not crazy! Just think about this, how does almost every civilization that's near the ocean have a legend about fish people? Even some that have never come into contact with other cultures until recently. Not to mention humans as a whole haven't even explored 1/4 of the ocean in total. So I say it's completely possible.

• Brohoof 3

It's fake, it was for that Mermaid special they air on the Animal Channel every so often. I won't hold you to it though, apparently they did fool quite a large amount of people the first time they aired that special.

Aliens though? yeah, I might be a bit more inclined to believe in those myself.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'll be the first to say I believe the video might be faked, but that mermaids are real... I'm not crazy! Just think about this, how does almost every civilization that's near the ocean have a legend about fish people? Even some that have never come into contact with other cultures until recently. Not to mention humans as a whole haven't even explored 1/4 of the ocean in total. So I say it's completely possible.

It's the same thing for most other stories relating to the supernatural. Almost every civilization has stories to do with the undead, vampires, different interpretations of heaven, ghosts and spirits, and so on, long before they came in contact with each other. It makes one wonder if stories relating to vampires and indeed mermaids don't have a hint of truth to them.

In this kind of situation, it's quite difficult.

The mermaid is a mythological creature, known by everyone, so everyone is sceptical. Maybe it's true, maybe it's video editing.

Only the guys who were in the submarine know the truth, sadly.

But well, the oceans are still vast and unexplored, so it's probable I guess. But it is indeed interesting.

It makes one wonder if stories relating to vampires and indeed mermaids don't have a hint of truth to them.

Every lies are based on truth, so why not?

Edited by GhostPony750

It's fake, it was for that Mermaid special they air on the Animal Channel every so often. I won't hold you to it though, apparently they did fool quite a large amount of people the first time they aired that special.

Aliens though? yeah, I might be a bit more inclined to believe in those myself.

Actually I said it was most likely fake, at least I'm pretty sure. So it's not like I thought it was real, I just wanted to make a thread about it. Also, had to add the aliens guy there.. Since it was a perfect fit for this thread.

Every lies are based on truth, so why not?

Indeed. And as Tyrion Lannister used to say, the best lies have a taste of truth to them. Much as I dislike the books, there are gems of wisdom in them xD