Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, Horn Question.

applejock

I just finished watching EQgirls for about the third time, and my love for it is growing each time! So Yay! Now that fan-glomp aside, why no Horns for Twi and Rari?

At the end of the film they do battle with the big bad, great sound in stereo by the way. And for the first time i noticed that in there Anthro forms neither have Horns? So i can understand the lack of tails, since there ponytails grew (ponytails..lol), but to see these two in what we can guess as "pony-human-highschool form..gogo ponyrangers) and the lack of Horns is just off putting.

I am tempted to go to the store and see if there merch has them. (just a series buyer havent evolved yet into buying the girls in human form..sure i will get there)

Thoughts?

(Last time I tried to answer this question, this box was filled up with the banner.  Weird.)

Anyways, I say the main reason they don't have horns is because EG was designed almost purely to sell toys, and they'd rather not sell toys with stabby bits on top.  Yes, I know that there is one on the ponies, but I personally find that in my limited experience with them, a quadruped is much less likely to fall on a little girl who's lying down, stroking its mane, and stab her eyes than a plasticky thigh-gapped biped.

This makes alot of sense, thank you, and while I agree it was made to sell toys/games/merch. I won't hate on it, i really enjoy the music and frankly I like the idea of what this was trying to be, besides a bridge to explain Twi's hard post-wing getting time pre S4 where im sure they wont go that deep into it. It also "I believe" is trying to give us more from the fans input level. I have read alot of fiction pre-eqgirls and there has been many anthro-type storys. Along with the creators and writers giving into our drewling love for more Derpy they also might be giving us this as well, just a thought.

Also animated shows in this art style (the human form) seem very popular today. But yes for those who hate my posts (you know who you are) it is all about the toys :Shrug: i still have my limited edition copy of the blue-ray so :P

Ponies come in many shapes and forms, some with broken wings or eyes, some with pot bellies or skinny legs, others with a human skin but big pony heart...hate what you will but this is about love and tolerance..do NOT make me go get Tom to smack you with!

:)

Personally, I just think it would look really weird for the human forms to have horns. Wings are just about acceptable, since angels are pretty common in western culture. In fact, horns on the head are more often associated with devils. So I think it was a design choice.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, besides, horns would look really weird...I mean, just think about it... besides, the magic of the horn is used as a replacement for hands for the most part, but as for the really powerful magic, in the human world, they only really use "the Magic of Friendship."

Horns would look pretty weird on humans, wings are acceptable but as for horns it looks pretty abnormal since humans don't know how to use any magic at all. Unless the merchandise sells, it would be something surprising if not it isn't needed.