Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do fans want Luna to be evil?

pinkiefan1287

Lately I have been seeing a lot of topics based on, Luna turning back into Nightmare Moon or that she is still evil.

So I was just wondering, why do people want Luna to tune evil?

To me I just don't get why she would turn evil again. The elements redeemed her and things seem fine. Luna went to Nightmare Night and helped Scootaloo with her nightmare problem. And yes, I know all the different theories like, Luna is jealous of Twilight because her sister is trust her more than her. To me that one is pretty weak. Turing evil again for the same exact reason. Or the dumb idea that Luna is accurately Chrysalis. Not even going to get into that one.

So why do people want her to turn evil and for what reasons? Or am I looking to much into this?

People like villains, people like to adress Luna as a villain (or rather, her becoming or being a villain).

Just like people like Discord and others, they like Nightmare Moon... I prefer the nice Luna aswell.

• Brohoof 6

This is easy.post-20017-0-04689100-1382888671_thumb.jpg

They want her to be this. The big bad WITH the royal we and the canterlot voice, armour, the works. Now that Luna has some story to her, folks want her Nightmare Moon persona to get the same treatment.

I've seen that too. I guess it just because the villains make the plot of a story a lot more interesting. You get the mane 6 and all these other ponies that are good, then you suddenly have this one major antagonist come out of nowhere. It just makes everything a lot more interesting when you have this powerful opposing side get in the way of things. Look at Discord. He definitely was a great villain, one of my favorites in fact. I was a little disappointed to see his reformation come way too easily. Nonetheless he was a great example of a good villain in the story who really made the plot interesting.

However in my opinion, I prefer the nice Luna. I just think it's better that way so she can commit to her role as the bringer and ender of the night. Plus, she's like 10x more cuter and adorable than nightmare moon.(:

• Brohoof 3

I really hope that they don't actually make Luna back into NMM, and that the preview was just a flashback. 

It was obvious in the comics that NMM was actually a separate entity, and if that's canon I would be happy. 

I bet it's because NMM was a great villain, but I too prefer her as a goodie. Yeah, she is jealous of Twily but that's far from enough reason for her to turn evil again. She would have to go completely nuts.

She was already redeemed. Making her bad again would be bad for many reasons. Leave her the way she was, please.

• Brohoof 2

I think it adds to the excitement. It's clear that Luna is completely different from the other ponies, so having her become a villain is very easy. No one understands her and she is a social outcast. She wants to be like the others but the others don't really want her. She is perfect for a villain.

I don't wish to see her become NMM again, but I suppose anything is possible.  What have noticed is that she and Celestia often play the role of good cop, bad cop.  Celestia is unquestionably a benevolent person.  Much of Luna's personality is still a mystery.  I can see her playing the role of an anti-hero or in betweener not unlike Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh or Steve Austin in the WWE.  In this role, Luna could do a LOT of things to antagonize the good guys, including her own sister.  But when the chips are down, you know she'll have your back.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't think most fans want her to be a villain, alot of people including me like Luna in part because of her powerful redemption story. It is possible that Luna could backslide and turn to Nightmare Moon again, I get the feeling like she may have had some concerns about twilicorn and Celestia may not have taken them as seriously as she should have or Luna could have simply felt like her concerns were not addressed or it could be a different reason altogether. If the comics are any indication Nightmare Moon is a seperate being who fed on the inner darkness of Luna, so it is possible that Nightmare Moon could have lain dormant in Luna and fed off some of her remaining darkness biding her time while she continued to get stronger. For all we know she could end up being the ultimate villain of the whole series, she could just keep coming back again and again like Yami Bakura in Yugioh did.

They probably like her as a villain instead of a protagonist, because villains are something that you try to figure out their sole purpose and analyze on why they do what they do. I don't want the writers to make the same mistake they made with Nightmare Moon in the Friendship is Magic episode. She might even keep coming back, like a virus.

If I may O.P.

cause the most screen time luna ever had was when she was evil?

cause good guy luna only comes out at night,

nightmare moon comes out when ever she damn well wants to.

Lets put it like this.
Good guy luna
back ground pony and celestials little sister.

Evil Luna

"candidate for the devil" under equistrian mythos.

I mean seriously the shows about showing strong women.  who's more empowering than nightmare moon?

I mean it's the wrong kind lol indecency,

you gotta love her ghosto.

cause good guy luna only comes out at night,   nightmare moon comes out when ever she damn well wants to.  

Thats kinda not true. The only times Nightmare Moon came out was during the night also. In the first episode, it may have been like 4 or 5 in the morning, but the sun did not come up and it was still nighttime. So I think NMM comes out at night only to.

I don't like the idea of NMM coming back unless she completely splits off from Luna or something. I'd rather they not have her return at all.

We know NMM will feature in an episode in season 4. Whether it is as a flashback, as Luna herself, or a split-off is up for debate. But we will see her again.

That's what we know about NMM. It's a season 4 thing though, hence *spoiler*

We know NMM will feature in an episode in season 4. Whether it is as a flashback, as Luna herself, or a split-off is up for debate. But we will see her again.

That's what we know about NMM. It's a season 4 thing though, hence *spoiler*

Yeah I know and I don't mind it at that because she's not really there. If it is a flashback then that's good because Twilight gets to see how it all happened. 

If it's not a flashback I think Luna might be a villain for the rest of the series which I don't want.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I know and I don't mind it at that because she's not really there. If it is a flashback then that's good because Twilight gets to see how it all happened. 

If it's not a flashback I think Luna might be a villain for the rest of the series which I don't want.

Maybe she wouldn't really be a villain. Maybe it would just be the largest case of this:

tumblr_lkhm9n69wO1qhejp9o1_500.png

EVER. At least that's my current headcanon.

And even if such weren't the case, and Luna were actually evil, I highly doubt it would end with her being evil. Almost certainly it would end with her being truly cleansed of her sins. Remember, kids show= happy ending for everypony.

To me I just don't get why she would turn evil again. The elements redeemed her and things seem fine.

If the elements truly redeemed her, then why didn't they turn her back to good 1000 yrs ago? If they didn't work then, why would they now? The elements may have stripped Luna of her nightmare powers, but the choices she made are still her own. In Luna's mind, what she did was justified. She's doing whatever she has to in order to feel appreciated and noticed as princess of the night. Even worse, during those 1000 yrs, Celestia did Luna's job for her, showing that Luna isn't necessary. She has no real purpose in Equestria.   

The pilot episdoes never really fix this. They just put Luna back to square one. What is she supposed to do now? There is no real use for her as a protagonist. She has more complexity as a villain. A decent but wronged pony doing whatever it takes to have her existence and purpose in life justified, even if it means waging war on her own country.

Call me shallow but I just like the look and demeanour of Nightmare Moon better. I would like to see Luna remain good, but still look and behave like NMM. Kind of like the way she was in the beginning of the Nightmare Night episode. I always wondered, if Luna and Celestia are supposed to be sharing ruler ship of Equestria as equals, why doesn't Luna match Celestia in size and power?

In summary, Nightmare Moon is way cooler.

Call me shallow but I just like the look and demeanour of Nightmare Moon better. I would like to see Luna remain good, but still look and behave like NMM. Kind of like the way she was in the beginning of the Nightmare Night episode. I always wondered, if Luna and Celestia are supposed to be sharing ruler ship of Equestria as equals, why doesn't Luna match Celestia in size and power?

In summary, Nightmare Moon is way cooler.

I've suggested they run nightmare moon like it's a multiple personalty disorder,

so we could have both,

when ever luna gets angry nightmare moon could creep out.

maybe when overly happy she could magically puff into her younger self.

so you'd get ultra evil and adorable all in the same character ^^.

the only down side being she would straight up up stage the living hell out of celestial.

Heh so there is no down side.

If the elements truly redeemed her, then why didn't they turn her back to good 1000 yrs ago? If they didn't work then, why would they now? The elements may have stripped Luna of her nightmare powers, but the choices she made are still her own. In Luna's mind, what she did was justified. She's doing whatever she has to in order to feel appreciated and noticed as princess of the night. Even worse, during those 1000 yrs, Celestia did Luna's job for her, showing that Luna isn't necessary. She has no real purpose in Equestria.   

The pilot episdoes never really fix this. They just put Luna back to square one. What is she supposed to do now? There is no real use for her as a protagonist. She has more complexity as a villain. A decent but wronged pony doing whatever it takes to have her existence and purpose in life justified, even if it means waging war on her own country.

There are many different theories on why the elements didn't work the first time. Like Celestia only having the power to seal her. Still, why did the elements not just seal again if she was truly still evil? We don't really know much about Nightmare Moon. To what the comics have told us, NMM is a sprite that has the power to take over anyponies body and corrupt them. So it could be Luna went evil, because of this spirt.

Well true, Celesita did take Luna's job, but she couldn't just leave the world in a eternal day. Besides maybe there are a few things only Luna can do at night, that Celestia can't do. 

Maybe it was really taxing for Celestia to do both jobs but she was just putting up a brave front so that her people wouldn't get worried. Maybe she needed Luna to come back or Equestria would have eventually baked in eternal day. If Nightmare Moon ever comes back I would want it to be because Luna was feeling threatened and felt she needed to prove her strength since Celestia was able to do both jobs for so long. And I would like it if the only thing that would make Luna turn good again was Celestia admitting that taking care of the night is actually quite challenging. This would also be a game changing bit of Celestia's character development as she is basically a god, and her inability to consistently control all heavenly bodies would be a significant imperfection. How weird would it be to have an imperfect god? That's not very common in most religions.

Personally, I think it would be cool if she went evil again, and then somehow was re-rehabilitated, like in the Discord episode.

However, this has already happened, and already done with Discord - so I don't know how the writers would pull that off.

I wouldn't want Princess Luna to go evil forever. sad.png

I believe it is relevant to post the luna emote: vsTALhM.png