Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adventure

Hive King

"Fine, let us spar" Kel said, retracting his cables. "Let it be known that I could hold my own against Mist, while you were helpless against him" Kel boasted before firing off two weak beams form his eyes. It was just a test shot but even so, it had the power to knock out most ponies

Solstice disappeared and was behind him before he put a blade to Ke'ls neck. "You see...I thought ahead and knew to counter" He jumped back again. "Round two" He said as he casted another spell on himself. "See you need to think ahead before attacking, get into your opponents head, read what he does" He explained

Kel stretched out his arms, aiming to grab Solstice in a choke-slam. Just in case that didn't work, he had a mouth beam ready to go. He was still holding back but Solstice was making him sweat more than he thought. A powerful opponent, on the caliber that he'd never met before

He disappeared into mist and appeared in front of him with his guard up as he started chanting. "Reflect" A barrier came up to protect him. "This might backfire if I dont release the barrier for the splash damage to activate in time" He said to himself quietly

"GUYS!" Luminesca screamed. "Stop! You're all friends! Don't argue! Don't fight!"
She knew she sounded like a mom, but this was all just... 

"It's this place. It's giving you the urge to fight, you can't fight, just resist it! Come on!"
They all looked at her.

She sighed. "Guys. Look. just... calm down. I know I just woke up, but..."

((we are not in Equinox anymore Luminesca I kicked them out of that world...))

He didn't listen to Luminesca as he kept the barrier up. "Sorry...but look around Luminesca we are not in my world anymore..." He said as he grinned. "This is just a sparring session" He said

"By the way, what was happening with you back there?" Black Heart asked, curious about the earlier attack. 

"I could make her talk" Kel said, grinning maliciously. "Just joking" the demon said as Black Heart gave him a look. 

"Can we get info?" Black Heart said after calming Kel.

How about you leave her alone" Solstice said. "She hasn't done anything wrong at all alright" He glared at Kel. "As Black Heart said: Do you have any info you can tell us at all" He asked and sounded nicer instead of bombarding her with questions. "We would really like toknow"

Luminesca looked around in surprise.

Funny, a few seconds ago she was still in the Equinox.

She guessed that was what happened when you jump over dimensions.

She cleared her throat.

"Yeah, um, so it's really hard to explain..." They looked at her expectantly. "It all goes back to when that crystal thing fell from the sky. I was... holding it." The memories came back to her, crashing down hard like a waterfall. 

"The crystal... it corrupted me. Something, I think it was the spirit of the crystal or something, came out and took me over... That's why I became red. Like the crystal."
Unconciously, she glanced at her hooves, which were their normal color.

"So... So I-I attacked. I tried to fight it, but... Well, you know what happened."
Suddenly she felt guilty, as if it was her fault.

"At the very last moment, when you aimed that thing at me, I split- the spirit taking my form outside of my body, and me... well, yeah, about to die. But I'm alive, and that's what happened."
She looked around, and she could see many mixed emotions.

She turned to Solstice and beamed.

"Thanks for healing me, by the way," She said warmly. "I would've died without your help."

Edited by kmyong00

"It's no problem" He said. "Now here is my next question: Is this spirit dead or is it still alive and if it is alive how do we finish it off for good" He asked her before he looked at Kel and Black Heart. "Because I believe spirits are pure energy and its an evil spirit so there is only one problem" 

She shivered. "I... I'm not sure. That spirit is strong. I couldn't get my arrow into it..."
But she remembered something.

The creature... it's necklace.

Yes.

Luminesca raised a hoof to her neck, where there was a tiny jar of stardust on a cord. The creature had turned exactly the same as Luminesca- except for the necklace. Instead, there was a pendant of the same crystal the spirit was from.

"I think... the necklace. She has a necklace. If we manage to take it off somehow... she might be vulnerable!"

"That's a problem" Kel said, cables flicking in irritation. "I glassed the area around me, even spirits take a while to reform from that. It won't have a physical form for an hour or so" the demon, looking around for any trace of the necklace. 

"We could try draining its life force" Black Heart suggested, feeling somewhat hungry

"Find the necklace and destroy it...sounds like it's easier said then done" He said as he looked at Luminesca. "Kel, Black Heart look for it in two different areas I'll search around outer edge and Luminesca can search around in this area" He looked at them

Luminesca spread her wings and nodded, then flew off. She scanned the area and dove down, for she saw a glimmer of red.

She gingerly pushed aside the charred grass and- 
"Dang it."
It was an aluminum can.
She didn't even know how it had gotten there and survived the explosion, but...

Ugh, ponies these days.

Then she felt a cold sensation, like a flow of icy water being dumped over her. She shivered uncontrollably, and she could hear a maniacal laughter in the back of her head...

her eyesight flickered red, but she blinked and it went back to normal.

The spirit wasn't all gone, or at least not gone yet.

She closed her eyes and clutched her head in her hooves.

"Get... Out..."She mumbled, trembling in the burnt greenery.
She opened her eyes and gasped.

The entire landscape was littered with red pendant necklaces. She groaned in exasperation.

Kel's scanners beeped rapidly as Luninesca clutched her head. 

"The spirit hasn't left her yet" Kel called, getting into a fighting stance. Black Heart joined him, snarling angrily. 

"I knew something was off about her" the Jersey Devil hissed angrily, teeth bared

"Think of a better way instead of fighting all the time" Solstice said as he put a hoof on Luminesca's head and started chanting. When he stopped a black ring appeared above her head. "If you try to attack us this will paralyze you for enough amount of time so you can gain control again" He said

Sweat covered her fur as she fought to gain control.

The red vanished.

She shook her head wildly, clearing her thoughts, noticing the black halo.

"Ugh." She panted. Honestly, why did this particular spirit have to drain all her energy?
Luminesca grabbed Solstice's hoof and straightened herself. "Thanks. Again."
She smiled, but then her smile wavered.

There was a lot of work ahead of them.

"Let's get back to work, then, shall we?"She managed a weak grin, and spread her wings again.

"Hmph, too bad" Kel muttered, retracting his tentacles. Black Heart nodded with him, both having been wanting to fight Luminesca. 

"Hey, you up for a sparring match?" Black Heart questioned Luminesca, tongue flicking. The Jersey Devil bounced around, excited for the fight

"We need to worry about something else then fighting" Solstice said as he casted a spell to track down the energy of the necklace but instead got a few of the same energy readings. "Luminesca...does the necklace have various copies" He asked her as the multiple reading were odd

She gestured to the duplicates of the necklace around her.

"Apparently," She said sullenly. "But we'll probably know it's the one when we find it."
They looked at her quizically, for more information.

"You know, big scary voice, voodoo body controlling magic, creepy sensations, red fur... Yeah."

She pawed (hooved, whatever) at the ground, emerging with a crystal on her hoof.

"See, it looks like this. Only not this - Ah!"
She could feel the spirit trying to get back at her again, fighting the edge of her mind, trying to break the barrier...

but the spell Solstice had cast prevented it. It shrunk into her skull, driving away the spirit like a mental shield, and expanded outwards again, forming another halo.

she dropped the crystal to the ground.

"Yeah. I... i think I should sit down for a second."

Solstice crushed the fake. "Okay..but stilll these things can have the sae effect so it's better to find the real one and fast" He said as his spell took effect on Luminesca. "I knew it was a smart idea to cast that...question is, how long will it last" He asked him self

(sorry I was away for so long, we had auditions for Into The Woods)

She shivered. "Hopefully, a long time. It is tiring to keep it at bay without your spell."

She thought a bit, and recalled something special about the necklace the spirit had wore.

"I know how to tell the fakes apart, though. The necklace... it was red, but if you look closely enough you could see something light blue, like my eyes, glowing inside it, trapped within the rock. She must have imprisoned me, the real me, inside it... and when you fired at her, me..." She looked at Black heart. "You put a small crack. Part of me seeped out, and I regained control. But she's still alive, and she still has the rest of me. But I'm not strong enough to fight her without the rest," She said to everyone else. 

"Hmph, it would be a matter of ease to kill this prankster" Kel boasted, flexing his metal hand. "I nearly killed him once, I can do it again" the metal creature laughed. "Not if I kill the demon first" Black Heart snarled, getting in Kel's face. Both wanted glory

His eyes glowed. "Thanks for the info...now if I can sense that bit of you inside the real necklace we can break it" Solstice said as he stood for a while then smirked. "Found it" He started running and jumping over stuff and stopped wen he saw the necklace. "Well hello there..." He held the necklace