Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like or dislike fedoras? Why?

Emperor Posh

119 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like fedoras?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Neutral!

Do you like or dislike fedoras? Why? Just a question because I am interested as to why some bronies like or dislike them.

img-1964203-1-hFS4Glt.png

For those who may not know what a fedora is click here!

Ok so fixed the poll, though I cannot fix the amounts.

Old amounts:

Yes!: 9

No!:7

Nuetral!:3

Edited by Xelphos
  • Brohoof 2

Doing damage control for the debacle I accidentally started? By the way, Im really sorry about that. I had no idea a simple question would snowball like that. And on my first original post ever!

But to stay on topic, I personally dont think that fedoras are a good fashion statement, and dont look good on anyone, even Brad Pitt. Lets keep em in the forties everyone! smile.png

Edited by MissDashie
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Doing damage control for the debacle I accidentally started? By the way, Im really sorry about that. I had no idea a simple question would snowball like that. And on my first original post ever!

But to stay on topic, I personally dont think that fedoras are a good fashion statement, and dont look good on anyone, even Brad Pitt. Lets keep em in the forties everyone! smile.png

No worries, it is more my fault if anything that your thread turned into a giant argument. So no need to be sorry as you had no way of knowing that your thread was going to turn into a giant argument.

I like fedoras because they make me feel secluded from everyone else, don't ask me why cause I don't know tongue.png. I do like feeling separated from the public as I do not like busy places. So I wear it whenever I go out to busy areas.

EDITED: Removed "man" :P

Edited by Xelphos
  • Brohoof 1

No worries man, it is more my fault if anything that your thread turned into a giant argument. So no need to be sorry as you had no way of knowing that your thread was going to turn into a giant argument.

Well, Im not a man, and Im not a fan of being called 'man' or 'dude' but thats totally off topic and I dont begrudge you it, considering most people on here are guys after all. And you did the right thing just bailing out from that thread! laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I dislike them. I'm not a fan of hats in the first place, but fedoras just look really ugly to me. I don't really think they look good on anyone.

• Brohoof 1

I'm neutral, I probably wouldn't wear one myself but if you can pull it off go for it. I'm just more of a cap or stocking hat person myself(and I have a weakness for cowboy hats and this thing with is like a leather fishing hat):

1390505_743309462352922_1702025206_n.jpg

Do you like or dislike fedoras? Why? Just a question because I am interested as to why some people like or dislike them.

For those who may not know what a fedora is click here!

Before a Moderator slaps me in the face, this is a different thread than "Bronies and Fedoras". As the post was not inherently asking if people liked the hat or not, it was asking why bronies wear them.

Dunno, man...it would take some kind of super-villain to don a fedora and inflict it upon one of our most beloved heroes...

Oh wait...

I might have...

TROLLOLOLOLLOLOL!!!!!

DSCN0512_zps7f4fb4a1.jpg

It's all subjective.  Anybody whining to the contrary is just piling onto the hilarity of this argument.

• Brohoof 2

Fedora i though that was the hat the hebrew wear?

I have a silly hat fixation.  ^^.  the wilder and bolder the hate the more i like it.

I find baseball caps to normal but everything else gets at least a passing grade.

If you can pull it off and you're at least in semi-formal attire, I have no objections with the donning of a fedora or any other kind of hat for that matter. It just looks really off to me when I see it mismatched. I like the hat itself, but under certain circumstances.

Edited by Celtore

Personally, I have no problem with them. I dont wear them, but I certainly dont go around and judge someone based on their choice of hat. For example, I wear baseball caps. Not snap backs, but regular fitted 59Fifty/other brand on field caps. I wear them usually backwards (but not so much anymore) when I just want to go out and not have to worry about my hair. Also to baseball games if Im playing in them or just watching. I dont see it as a defining aspect of my personality, and I hope nobody gives any judgement towards it. So, no problem with any kind of hat for me. Except being a Twins fan, for which I really hate the Tiger's and Yankee's cap :P

• Brohoof 1

I despise fedoras because they are the headwear of choice for neckbeards, losers who think they're cool, or just douchebags in general. The only way to make a fedora look classy is to wear it with a suit, which no one does anymore.post-14803-0-99544100-1383020283.jpg

Edited by Derpius
  • Brohoof 10

I can see how they don't look good on some people, but others just have that fedora feel. My brother, for example, isn't one of those others. All my relatives just aren't hat people in general, I guess. But, my crush... Ah, the fedora he wears is just perfect... :3 So, yeah, I like fedoras. Somewhat.

• Brohoof 1

https://www.google.ca/search?q=fedora+neckbeard&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IDhvUvv2I-jSiAKK2YAw&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=979#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=fedora%20nerd&revid=1353747328&safe=off&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

Show's over, folks. Go back to your homes. Nothing else to be seen here.

The fedora is the flagship hat of most "intelligent", atheist, hover-handing, self-inserting, bad-'Shopping, euphoric wastes of oxygen. 'Nuff said.

• Brohoof 4

I sorta wish that hats in general were still de rigueur, TBH. That said, I find fedoras (or trilbies actually) as they're currently worn to be kind of repulsive. :/ Mainly because they've become too closely associated with a... certain type of person.

A proper fedora, though, worn with a sharp suit (or a bomber jacket if you're an archaeologist wink.png  ) generally gets a big hell yeah from me.

sinatra_zpseb229e90.jpg

• Brohoof 5

I despise fedoras because they are the headwear of choice for neckbeards, losers who think they're cool, or just douchebags in general. The only way to make a fedora look classy is to wear it with a suit, which no one does anymore.attachicon.gifimages (1).jpg

Come on, buddy, how could you let what other people do make you hate a piece of attire?

Oh well, I guess I kind of understand that, but it still seems a bit harsh.

Myself... I don't really like them either, actually. I just think they don't look all that good in any situation.

Snapbacks > Fedoras

• Brohoof 1

, since this thread is just a discussion of a piece of clothing and has nothing to do with the brony fandom, it has been moved to the General Discussion subforum. Just letting you know smile.png

All good by my standards, thanks for letting me know, it is very much appreciated. I do enjoy communication between staff and members very much. =D

• Brohoof 1

Stetson hats is a lot better img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

As many have said before me, fashion stuff is very much subjective (unless you're talking about wearing the entrails of your enemies). Personally I don't see what's so interesting with fedoras that everyone keep talking about them.

I'm not into fashion myself, but I will agree that Fedoras look pretty fancy :3 I don't see a reason for myself to dislike it either. I think it would go well with a nice suit when you're going to a meeting for a formal party. 

But I kind of agree with Pulcinella's look good only to some people, I can't really describe what kind of person, but you can just tell by looks if the person is a good fit to wear a fedora or not. xP But either way, I still like Fedoras.

• Brohoof 1

Fedoras only go with suits. If you don't wear a suit, you don't wear a fedora. Unless you're into old-fashioned clothing. Maybe, and just maybe, you could wear one. Otherwise? No. Just don't. Only tall thin men look good in suits in my opinion, and they don't wear fedoras.

Anyway, I hate hats. There are only a few times when headwear can be pulled off well and is appropriate. Sadly, many people don't know that time.

Besides that, I'd rather look at someone's entire face than a face with something sitting on top of his/her head. It's annoying, it's distracting. Especially if I'm taller than the other, which is often the case.

Fedora's do not look good for starters, I don't think any hats do, but fedora's just instantly scream "neckbeard" to me and however horrible it sounds, I probably would avoid people wearing them due to the connotations they have.

Don't wear hats, show off your gorgeous hair :3 And if you have no hair, then bald people are still sexy! (Karl Pilkington, for example, is absolutely gorgeous and I actually mean that)

• Brohoof 3

While I've noticed quite a few people can't seem to tell the difference between a Fedora and a Trilby (Luna is wearing a Trilby in that picture), I don't see the point in shaming a hat. If you're wearing something that goes with the hat, then go ahead and wear it if you want.