Emperor Posh

119 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like fedoras?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Neutral!

Only cool people can wear them. M'lady.

b98c4a8fcaa400047b76acee68100bed13981463

Seriously though, I don't know. I can't say I'm neutral because I like looking up "fedora cringe" vids on YouTube

• Brohoof 3

Ah, fedoras! So utterly stylish and classic. I can't pull them off most of the time, but I used to have an Indiana Jones-style fedora that I wore for hiking and camping, and that wasn't so bad. Then I outgrew it. :( Oh, well.

I love Fedora's, very classy hats. Wouldn't really wear one out in public though just because they don't really go with any kind of casual clothing I'd wear. They're more for shows or formal-ish parties or whatever.

Fedoras are done for now. Wait for it to skip a generation, then you can gift yours to your great grandkids. I'm not biased against them; there are outfits with which they work, but unless you know for sure you're in one of them, I'd leave the hat at home. They're certainly not a fashion necessity. I like jeans and a fancier shirt, like a button down with or without french cuffs. And I like 3/4 coats. Oh, and some decent shoes. I don't think I've ever owned a pair of sneakers.

• Brohoof 1

I dont like them. People that wear them just cant rock the style. they think it makes them look classy if theyre wearing it with blue jeans and their nerdy reference t shirt, but it doesnt. Its a hat that only works with well tailored clothing and especially formal wear, its not necesarily (hnng spelling) a casual hat.

And not to mention its accumulated a reputation for being used pretentiously. Like "ooh look at me im a true gentleman!". you may not be that way but its still infamous for that kind of attitude.

If you wanna try it, rock the style and dont half ass it.

• Brohoof 1

Yes and No:

I think young people such as teenagers and young adults look really silly in fedoras.

But I do think older people over 40 can look quite classy in a fedora or a hat that has a similar sort of shape like bowler hats.

I think young people look better in flat caps: there fashionable but classless like Converse shoes.

I despise fedoras because they are the headwear of choice for neckbeards, losers who think they're cool, or just douchebags in general. The only way to make a fedora look classy is to wear it with a suit, which no one does anymore.attachicon.gifimages (1).jpg

*standing Ovation* you, yes, you, are awesome~! this is all i have seen as well that wear them

I'd like to find out why everything is small now. Our jeans and ties are "skinny" and fedoras are smaller and have tiny brims.

I like fedoras without tiny brims. 

• Brohoof 1

I normally couldn't care less about style. If you like the style, wear it.

But nowadays I've started to tie fedoras into a negative group. You see, there are some people on the internet (commonly addressed as "neck-beards") who love fedoras. They think they look great in them. Now, whether or not that's true, it's not my place to say. Most of these "neck-beards" have views that don't necessarily agree with my "don't be a jerk" policy. They tend to be incredibly smug, full of themselves, misogynistic/sexist under a "nice guy" persona, believe in the "Friend Zone," and those who are atheists like to bash on others' beliefs (I'm not sure if it goes the other way, but I wouldn't be surprised). These people are often portrayed wearing fedoras, and I guess that's how I started disliking fedoras. It's a real shame.

To be clear, I'm not saying all people with neck beards are like this. It's just this group^ that I really dislike. I guess you can put me under neutral.

I'm pretty sure the best way to sum up my feeling on this matter in the most concise way I can is that I sometimes think to myself, "man, that person is such a fedora" and that isn't a compliment.

The Linux distro is also pretty bad. GNOME 3 is stupid.