Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background Ponies in the Spotlight?

Sig Hoovestrong

27 users have voted

1. 1. How would like to see in Spotlight

• Ditzy Doo (also known as Derpy Hooves)
    • DJ Pon-3 (also known as Vinyl Scratch)
    • Octavia Melody
    • Berryshine (also known as Berry Punch)
    • Snowflake
    • Time Turner (also known as Dr'Hooves)
    • Ace
    • Lily Valley
    • Rose
    • Screw Loose
    • Screwball
    • Steamer
    • Sweetie Drops (also known as Bon Bon)
    • Vigilance
    • Mr. Zippy
    • Surprise
    • Wave Chill
    • Silver Lining
    • Crescent Moon
    • Rainbow Strike (also known as RD dad)
    • Raindrops
    • Thunderlane
    • Wild Fire
    • Fleur Dis Lee (also known as trophy wife)
    • Lyra Heartstrings
    • Button Mash
    • Other

I thought this for while now, would it not be fun see some of favorite background ponies, come into spotlight? Like for example playing minor roll our even made main part of the story? I would like hear your thought abut the subject, and hear vise background ponies you would like see going in the spotlight and gating a roll to play in a story.

• Brohoof 1

Lyria^^.

I would totally like to see her in a episode.  Even with out any human stuff.  I can't help liking her lol.

I mean practically i should picked bon bon cause there's more to her,

• Brohoof 1

I think an episode about the background ponies could be a lot of fun. Either them getting one or two episodes where we focus on them instead of the mane six or one (maybe more) which is about one specific background pony. It would feel a bit like, okay a lot like, fan pandering but really who doesn't want to see an episode about Derpy or Doctor Whooeves or [insert your favorite background previously not mentioned pony here] biggrin.png!

Also some of them getting a bigger role in the main plot of the episode could be fun to see.

Edited by Armchair Adventurer
  • Brohoof 3

I think an episode about the background ponies could be a lot of fun. Either them getting one or two episodes where we focus on them instead of the mane six or one (maybe more) which is about one specific background pony. It would feel a bit like, okay a lot like, fan pandering but really who doesn't want to see an episode about Derpy or Doctor Whooeves or [insert your favorite background previously not mentioned pony here] biggrin.png!

Also some of them getting a bigger role in the main plot of the episode could be fun to see.

I've yet to see definitive proof fan pandering sucks.

I think it's this boogie man the conservatives in the fan base wheel out everytime they wanna scare someone like bush did with terrorists.

I noticed someone voted for rain bows dad,

um should they do a family episode?

Like one for each of the main six?

is aj's parents offically dead or is that theory?

• Brohoof 1

I think it's this boogie man the conservatives in the fan base wheel out everytime they wanna scare someone like bush did with terrorists.

Actually, that's true. I don't know why many people feel like the concept is a bad thing. I didn't mean to imply that in my previous post but I guess the word "fan pandering" does have a negative meaning to it. It doesn't really bother me, it made Equestria Girls a lot more fun to me to be honest.

I would actually really like and episode about the mane six's families. Especially, some clarity on the parents of AJ would be nice. 

• Brohoof 1

Actually, that's true. I don't know why many people feel like the concept is a bad thing. I didn't mean to imply that in my previous post but I guess the word "fan pandering" does have a negative meaning to it. It doesn't really bother me, it made Equestria Girls a lot more fun to me to be honest.

I would actually really like and episode about the mane six's families. Especially, some clarity on the parents of AJ would be nice. 

I don't care our have any thought on fan pandering what's so ever. I say people should not be shy and just state there thought here abut vise characters would like too see, our dream of seeing on screen.  But if want hear what i think abut it, well think something like fan pandering can go both ways, either the results will be bad, our it will be good.

Sig, out. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png *Squee*

• Brohoof 1

If it were to be a background character then I think it should be some of the lesser known ones like Cresent Moon because if it were to be one of the more popular ones like Derpy & Doctor Whooves; it would feel more like fan pandering than anything else.

I don't know, I've always wanted to keep the more popular background ponies a bit more secluded because they get way more attention than the other background ponies.

• Brohoof 1

well unless i totally mis under stood,

(And knowing me that's not impossible)

Snow flake is getting a voice actor in season 4.

NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS!  Hell I've never even seen is suggested. 
(I know it was mentioned in a spoiler on E.D. about a voice actor, the name wasn't snow flake but some kind of muscle pony name).

If it were to be a background character then I think it should be some of the lesser known ones like Cresent Moon because if it were to be one of the more popular ones like Derpy & Doctor Whooves; it would feel more like fan pandering than anything else.

I don't know, I've always wanted to keep the more popular background ponies a bit more secluded because they get way more attention than the other background ponies.

I think put Cresent Moon in vote list. And yea would be interesting see one background pony see lest often get some Spotlight, and give them some chance develop some character.

I honestly don't see the appeal of personality-less background ponies with no character development, so it's hard to vote. The only background pony I'm attracted to is Vinyl, so I guess her. 

The others have been turned into ugly beasts by this fandom.

Button mash! I'd love to see an episode where him and Sweetie bell have a milk shake drinking contest. It'd be even cooler if that guy who does the youtube videos with Button/Mutton would voice him in the actual show.

Wait, hold on. I thought this thread was about background ponies, not OCs with voices akin to nails on a chalkboard.

I guess I was sadly mistaken.

Wait, hold on. I thought this thread was about background ponies, not OCs with voices akin to nails on a chalkboard.

Botton Mash do apper in show, You can see him in song The Perfect Stallion. siting at game machine

He appears abut 23 seconds in

Botton Mash do apper in show, You can see him in song The Perfect Stallion. siting at game machine

He appears abut 23 seconds in

Ahhh. My bad. Didn't see that. I've just seen him turned into one of the most irritating things I've ever had the displeasure to listen to, and wrongfully assumed he was an OC.

Still though, other than the god-awful personality he was given by fans, he doesn't have a canon personality, and only appeared for a short time, and does not deserve an episode devoted to him in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Ahhh. My bad. Didn't see that. I've just seen him turned into one of the most irritating things I've ever had the displeasure to listen to, and wrongfully assumed he was an OC.

Still though, other than the god-awful personality he was given by fans, he doesn't have a canon personality, and only appeared for a short time, and does not deserve an episode devoted to him in my opinion.

I like original Botton Mash video. But I can see what mean, the parody's and other stuff done of him are little bit like, hu, why? Was this supposed to be funny? But we not hear to much abut characters we wouldn't want to see. But dos we would like to see our have hope of seeing in further episode. But keep the thoughts coming, i am liking what read.

Sig, out. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png *Squee*

thumb.png

Anyways, I'm sorry you don't like ShadyVox's voice acting for Button Mash but I personally do. I found his pilot episode for Button Mash kind of cute...that's just my opinion though. 

Edited by Seibutsu Akuma
  • Brohoof 1

thumb.png

Anyways, I'm sorry you don't like ShadyVox's voice acting for Button Mash but I personally do. I found his pilot episode for Button Mash cute as hell. That's just my opinion though.

I do admit that I forgot about his split-second appearance. I tend to miss small details others seem to go crazy about.

Anyway, his character design is canon, but his personality is not. He's just some pony that exists only for a song, just like most of the other stallions that appeared in that song.

I think his concept is pretty cool, but the execution is terrible.

• Brohoof 2

I do admit that I forgot about his split-second appearance. I tend to miss small details others seem to go crazy about.

Anyway, his character design is canon, but his personality is not. He's just some pony that exists only for a song, just like most of the other stallions that appeared in that song.

I think his concept is pretty cool, but the execution is terrible.

It's okay, I miss those little details too. I actually had to google what episode he appeared in, because I knew he made a brief appearance but I had no clue when.  

I wouldn't mind Hasbro making him interact with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I'm sure they'd give him a fine voice, and a decent personality. This probably won't happen though, oh well. 

I'm just curious about Season 4, I read somewhere that some "new" characters will sing for the first time, some of the possibly being background ponies. This should be interesting. 

• Brohoof 1

It's okay, I miss those little details too. I actually had to google what episode he appeared in, because I knew he made a brief appearance but I had no clue when.  

I wouldn't mind Hasbro making him interact with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I'm sure they'd give him a fine voice, and a decent personality. This probably won't happen though, oh well. 

I'm just curious about Season 4, I read somewhere that some "new" characters will sing for the first time, some of the possibly being background ponies. This should be interesting. 

I heard that Pinkie's sister visits Ponyville, and they'd have some sort of musical number in that episode. I can't really tell if this was a dream, or just false information, but it's interesting.

• Brohoof 2

Yea abut that. Wouldn't he go same school as the Cutie Mark Crusaders? Our is Botton Mash just bad colt stay home sick when his not, just making excuses staying home to play video game, hehe. Any how do think would appear some time during school hours either begin in class room our out on school yard. And also how many class rooms do they have? I can't see all fills and colt fitting in same room. And do we have more teachers then Cheerilee working there. Our is there just more then one school house in ponyville? This rise allot of questions, this is exiting! biggrin.png 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, i would love see them using any one of there background ponies for story, our playing a part in story. And on the subject of the mine six parents. Yea, i think they probably going get some story's too.

And also wasn't in a spoiler that Pinkie Pie might meet her family on that rode trip?

Edited by Sig Hoovestrong

Can i take place in it please? I never took place in anything but i would like to besides what do the ponies have to do in background ponies in spotlights? ^^

Can i take place in it please? I never took place in anything but i would like to besides what do the ponies have to do in background ponies in spotlights? ^^

Well, we just discussing vise MLP background ponies we would love to see in upcoming season 4 you see. Please feel free take part. :)

Sweet ^^ i really want to be Dj Pon-3 but I'm really not sure yer cause there so much characters to choose and i really like button mash but I'm not sure yet so i'll let you know which character i pick ^^

• Brohoof 1