Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hawk Moth

I got Borderlands on PC a few days ago, and I absolutely love it! Games are always great when they're deep and expansive along with being humorous. My only gripe is Scythids... *shudders*

• Brohoof 1

The borderlands series is great! I myself prefer the second game as it feels a little less repetitive than the first. It's a decent game with the perfect blend of humor, and action. I never got around the beating the first game, but I did beat the second game several times alongside it's dlc. The second game has this really fun DLC where Tiny Tina (such a badass character) basically is the dungeon master, and you're the player in her D&D game. Ahh, good times! smile.png

The Borderlands games are pretty entertaining, and are fun to play with friends. I feel that they should make a 3rd Borderlands game that is loyal to the source material and continuity from the first two games while adding more guns.

i do think borderlands is a great series and the dlc just adds to it and 87 bazillion guns cant get any more awesome than that huh i recoment getting borderlands 2 though as it is less repetitive and the play area is huge compared to the first game they also have more than just sand in borderlands 2 :) .

As much as wastelands have been done into the ground with video games and science fiction in general, Borderlands has an interesting take on the whole post-apocalyptic genre. For one, I like how there was no apocalypse, and the closest thing to one on Pandora was the Dahl corporation leaving. If anyone has seen the anime "Trigun", it reminds me a lot of Pandora. The idea that the ruin on Pandora is just garbage as opposed to wreckage makes the series stand out in my mind as well.

BL1.. tbh I found it had its moments, but it was mostly bland and horribly boring...

Claptraps robot revolution was a blast from the start though.

BL2, now that games got some good times in it from beginning to end!

And it only gets better with friends.

but yeeeah.. BL1 was a bore fest IMO.. never understood why people enjoyed it so much outside of screwing around in co op (which is always fun regardless.. I wish I could get somepony to co op a few other older games... from back when they ALL had co op.... Namely Quake 2 though..) But as a stand alone game BL1 was very bland most of the time.

I haven't played any coop yet. I feel like it will just be a huge clusterfuck of kill stealing and loot managing. I'd have to play with a friend instead of some greedy stranger I can't trust.

I haven't played any coop yet. I feel like it will just be a huge clusterfuck of kill stealing and loot managing. I'd have to play with a friend instead of some greedy stranger I can't trust.

loot can be jacked.. but XP/Kills are pretty much shared regardless. 

It really toughens up the game and gets better loot to drop (many things that won't playing solo too)

getting a good team and working together can make a huge difference too..

BL 1 and BL2 I like them both in fact I had to buy two copies of Borderlands 2 one for the Ultimate Loot Collector's for PS3; and then a playing version for the 360.

Borderlands 1 has more of an implicit story--where you have to end up finding the story within the game. Where Borderlands 2 story is more explicit and it doesn't take much to learn the story. Borderlands' story is found within different audio logs and while the same can be said for BL2, it's different. Borderlands you find out HOW the world of Pandora fell to Atlas' control and what happened in the process--so that's why some people seem to like BL1 more--but BL2 has the best bad guy character (Handsome Jack) and some great characters. The good thing is that you don't need to say "Oh great I played BL2, now I can't play 1 anymore" you can easily go back to 1.