Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Episodes where they didn't have to use the whole main six.

FNGRpony

I'm gonna defend these in a minute.

I'm talking about wonder bolts academy,

the last round up,

sweet and elite,

a canterlot wedding.

cause i know we've seen fans say with 22 mins we only have so much time to develop the main cast.  But i think there has been episodes where you could subbed in a different character and got to the same goal.

Did you really need the whole six in the last round up?  (case in point rarity being literally tossed aside and forgotten about and now i'm not rarity bashing, i'm just saying she didn't need to be there).

Now, I refuse to suggest no pinkie pie, cause she's just epic in this episode, some of thee best if not thee best pinkie pie in the show.

We could had apple bloom tag along.  "I'll get her, she's my sister and my responsibility." and naturally you could have had her cmc friends agree to tag along, pinkie agreeing to super vise and maybe even rain bow dash just cause she's kind of apple jacks BFF.  I mean honestly you didn't need twilight in that episode either.

Now i know in wonder bolts academy the main six are used as a story prop, but why couldn't rainbow have mad new friends there instead?  Seriously, surrounded by ponies who've dreamed about being wonder bolts their whole bucking life, yeah i'm sure rain bow dash would have nothing in common.

Lighten dust didn't have to go killer,

as so many of my pears will point out "this just isn't that kind of show."  Her being a a flank hole could have, and should have been enough to wear down rain bow dash to speak up on her principles.

Sweet and elite (I'd call this the best  rarity episode).  Did Raritys friends have to philly their way into this episode?  Imagine if they used sweetie bell, or had rarity be friends with derpy with her showing up.

I mean a bunch of rich dismissive jerks thumbing their nose at a kid or someone mentally handicapped.  You could had Rarity go off, and it would been awesome.

it's not just that but it sort bugs me that not only does rarirys friends have to show up but they have to be made to be as socially awkerd as possible.  I know it was twilight's birthday but twilight is cutting lose in this episode.  It's the only time she does this LOL. 

And a canterlot wedding.

You could have totally not needed the whole six for this one.  twilight could have met and made new friends at this bad boy.  If some new zanny pony would grabby twilight and used her as a Gatling gun the fans would have accepted her in a heart beat.,

I mean we could had bon bon doing it going "No body throws my candy in the trash!"  (sense i'm guessing she'd be doing the catering in stead of apple jack).

We could seen her snap on twilight when she accused candice going "Oh nice going Twilight."  and developed that bitchy personality of hers.

Edited by FNGRpony

yes thes are all vary valid but if you but if hasbro starts bashing ponys out the episodes it my show faritism of some sort you know anf then people that are rarity fans would be like "WTF NO RAIRTY"
you know and who cares its not like rarity being ther ruined the episde but yes in a lot of episodes ther were ponies that dident need to be ther you know it just how the show is made

yes thes are all vary valid but if you but if hasbro starts bashing ponys out the episodes it my show faritism of some sort you know anf then people that are rarity fans would be like "WTF NO RAIRTY"

you know and who cares its not like rarity being ther ruined the episde but yes in a lot of episodes ther were ponies that dident need to be ther you know it just how the show is made

Luna eclipsed.  no rarity ^ ~.  and no i don't dis like rarity.  Truth is i could see her having a melt down if she wasn't invited to a canterlot wedding,

honestly with less of the cast there she could got a bigger role maybe. 

I didn't really think that the rest of the Mane 6 were needed in Sweet and Elite, since that episode was solely focused on Rarity. Not really complaining about the episode as a whole.

Luna eclipsed.  no rarity ^ ~.  and no i don't dis like rarity.  Truth is i could see her having a melt down if she wasn't invited to a canterlot wedding,

honestly with less of the cast there she could got a bigger role maybe. 

Yes i cwould to seeing her creat a lot of drama over the weding but, she did server some what of a role in the episode but if you think about it rarity dosent have meny talking lines at all nerether dose applejack you know so i think thats why they cram all the ponies in the episodes you know?

I didn't really think that the rest of the Mane 6 were needed in Sweet and Elite, since that episode was solely focused on Rarity. Not really complaining about the episode as a whole.

pretty much this ^^.  I mean don't get me wrong I loved when rarity soaked her cat to try and shew the main six away lol.  That was awesome.

Yes i cwould to seeing her creat a lot of drama over the weding but, she did server some what of a role in the episode but if you think about it rarity dosent have meny talking lines at all nerether dose applejack you know so i think thats why they cram all the ponies in the episodes you know?

I think taking them out of a couple episodes might force the writing staff to break down and use them, I mean really use them as apposed to "well there, there.  good enough."

• Brohoof 1

pretty much this ^^.  I mean don't get me wrong I loved when rarity soaked her cat to try and shew the main six away lol.  That was awesome.

I think taking them out of a couple episodes might force the writing staff to break down and use them, I mean really use them as apposed to "well there, there.  good enough."

You know what i think you may be on to something maby ther cwould work on adding more stuff to the ponies so they have more stuff to work whith

Like they did whith twilght

Edited by lawrence9021

And a canterlot wedding.

You could have totally not needed the whole six for this one.  twilight could have met and made new friends at this bad boy.  If some new zanny pony would grabby twilight and used her as a Gatling gun the fans would have accepted her in a heart beat.,

I mean we could had bon bon doing it going "No body throws my candy in the trash!"  (sense i'm guessing she'd be doing the catering in stead of apple jack).

We could seen her snap on twilight when she accused candice going "Oh nice going Twilight."  and developed that bitchy personality of hers.

I'm gonna call you up on this one. Only because all six needed to be present for the "Element Rush" that lead to the mane 6 slugging it out with the changing army. that part was awesome.

I mean a bunch of rich dismissive jerks thumbing their nose at a kid or someone mentally handicapped.  You could had Rarity go off, and it would been awesome.

This is actually something I've said Derpy could've been a great tool for if they're really insistent on her being handicapped. (I don't think she is in any way, just a silly pony thats also a serious clutz IMO. a real derp. I do admit the voice was excessive. But there was no need to straighten the eyes or remove her name!)

I could see a few approaches, but instead... delete, rename, and ignore the characters existence....

Hmm... I'll have to ponder this a bit... busy atm, and wanted to get that out before I forgot!

This is actually something I've said Derpy could've been a great tool for if they're really insistent on her being handicapped. (I don't think she is in any way, just a silly pony thats also a serious clutz IMO. a real derp. I do admit the voice was excessive. But there was no need to straighten the eyes or remove her name!)

I could see a few approaches, but instead... delete, rename, and ignore the characters existence....

Hmm... I'll have to ponder this a bit... busy atm, and wanted to get that out before I forgot!

I tend to think of derpy as Di di so to speak.  Kinda like timmy from south park, only not that bad.  She's a little slow.  The lovable town idiot, and yes every town has to have one.  I think she wasn't received well cause she was far to awkerd with rain bow dash.

Pinkie would been amazing with derpy but she's amazing with anything.

I think she wasn't received well cause she was far to awkerd with rain bow dash.

The official line was that the word/term "derp" is a slur against the mentally handicapped.. 

I've never heard it as such, but rather as a "doh", "duh", "doi", or "I can't believe I/you just did that!" term.

Well I do agree there are a few episodes that may not need all of the mane 6 in an episode or just use them for a few seconds and then just have them leave. Like Baby Cakes, had all the 6 in it, but they were only in it for a few seconds. But, I still think having the whole gang there is good.

Now, I refuse to suggest no pinkie pie, cause she's just epic in this episode, some of thee best if not thee best pinkie pie in the show. We could had apple bloom tag along.  "I'll get her, she's my sister and my responsibility." and naturally you could have had her cmc friends agree to tag along, pinkie agreeing to super vise and maybe even rain bow dash just cause she's kind of apple jacks BFF.  I mean honestly you didn't need twilight in that episode either.

I disagree with this idea. For one, why would it be the little sisters job? If anything Big Mac would be the better choice. Seeing as he is the big brother of the group. Give him the chances to shin. Making this a CMC episode just sounds bad, seeing as they would not be able to play out the episode the same way. Pinkie may have proved herself in the previous episode in taking care of Pound and Pumpkin, but have her watch the CMC would not be the best idea.

Besides the other were kinda need for this. Twilight was need seeing as she knows Canterlot well and would know where to go. Fluttershy and Rarity may have not been needed. O well.

Well I do agree there are a few episodes that may not need all of the mane 6 in an episode or just use them for a few seconds and then just have them leave. Like Baby Cakes, had all the 6 in it, but they were only in it for a few seconds. But, I still think having the whole gang there is good

I totally agree. I noticed this same principal in Babs Seed. Even with the whole Mane 6 standing out by the parade, they were in screen for only a little bit before cutting back to the CMC. There's nothing wrong with showing the whole main cast from time to time, revolving around them or not, but still, they can't all be in every episode.