Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

Being at peace with the world

Bastion

It may be a strange thing to discuss on the mlp forums but everyone has their way of reaching this level of harmony.

I ask out to you, how do you become at peace with the world around,

no matter how much you overlook doing so, it is still worth it.

If you are wondering about me, I will tell you mine.

Meditation, it is just the most perfect feeling in the world when you sit back and relax with only calming music to guide you, it is the one thing that really connects me to my own mind and doing so keeps me at peace. sleep.png

• Brohoof 1

I focus on what I can change and things I can do something about. I no longer concern myself with things beyond my control anymore.

Helped me beat my anxiety greatly and i too use music to get be back on track if the days get particularly tough. 

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

I actually become really calm and everything seems really clear when I can sit down with my friends in a dark room smoke a hookah (no drugs in it) and just enjoy talking to each other or listening to music or something like that. Those are my moments of clarity, when I reach my inner peace, so to say. My worries seem so distant then and I can really just focus on the moment and enjoy myself.

• Brohoof 1

I like music. I can't draw very well so I'll just grab a guitar and play anything.

If it would be too loud to play, then I'll put on my headphones and listen to music. I'll draw pictures in my mind. 

But I can do music at any time. You know what really brings me to peace with the world? 

Stargazing...

There's something about driving out to the middle of nowhere and looking at the stars. I think about them and how far they are away from me. I can't fathom it. I think about the universe and it's vastness. I think about life. Not my life, but the life around me. It's a miracle. I look at those stars at night. I could spend hours upon hours just looking at them. 

The universe is huge. I realize how tiny I really am. I realize how tiny my world is. Compared to the universe, it doesn't matter whether of not I have some problems. They're tiny and insignificant compared to the universe. 

That's how I can really empty my mind. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd stargaze more too but the light pollution makes the sky really really lame.

The Moon can still put on a show (like a boss) though its not all bad. especially in winter, the moon fills my whole bedroom with moonlight. very awesomesauce indeed.

• Brohoof 1

One of the biggest benefits of living in a small countryside town is the fact that there is so little light pollution and the fact I live on the outer area of town makes little to no light pollution.

Stargazing is one thing I forgot about but I can understand stargazing as well.

When I look up into the sky and see the bright stars, I can't help but think that there is something out there for myself and everyone that is beyond what we could possibly dream of, but its not within our own reach yet, time will allow us to discover it and we must be patient so for now on, stay loyal and focused; and one day you will become part of this great event in our existence, which will make us more than we are now and will ever be.

One other thing I did not mention was exploring and enjoying nature, I do this almost each day and it gives you a respect for what is around you each day as it is giving us the very air we breathe and keeps us alive and well, anyone who is unable to enjoy what beauty of nature there is left I genuinely feel saddened for and to those who would rather allow it to die rather than preserve or care I feel ashamed of, when I see hunters on my walks I get quite angry by the fact they exist and the bullet shells from their rifles stare back at me as they lay on the ground, it causes me to lose hope in my own species, but when you get to the patch of land that no one else has ruined or disrespected, you know that there is hope, and hope is what keeps myself and everyone else going in life...

I'm most in my element when I'm away from home and doing something different. This can be hiking/camping in a remote wilderness, exploring a foreign city aimlessly, or even meeting new people. Certain things, like pot, can really enhance an experience and make me more in-tune with myself and my surroundings. I guess I'd say I'm most at peace when I'm living life and not sitting in front of a monitor day in and day out for months on end. img-1975489-1-smile.png

...smoke a hookah (no drugs in it)

...How do you smoke a hookah with nothing in it? img-1975489-2-ohmy.png

Edited by K.K. Slider

For me, it's when I'm daydreaming. It's one of these occasions when I totally forget the "real word", and I'm lost in my head, building stories, imaginating stuff, thinking. It's epic.

Also when I'm listning to music, or driving. I can't drive a car yet, but driving a quad offroad is epic.

I do so by ignoring the world, through the internet, videogames, MLP, etc. The world seems so negative and obnoxious, while the internet is fun and happy most of the time, so long as you stick to the right areas.

When I listen to music or play video games, I feel all my troubles just melt away for a while. In that time, I feel inner peace and tranquility. It's a feeling I wish I could feel for the rest of my life, but unfortunately for me, reality doesn't like that.

When I feel like the world's got me down and I can't handle reality, I usually meditate or worship. I'm a pagan and talking with my gods and goddesses really help me deal with everyday life. 

Badges

• 6 years later...

I feel at peace with the world only when the weather allows me to be. I take priority if the weather makes me feel something, and try to be at peace, not necessary happy, but nostalgic about my life.

I watch ballet. There's nothing that renews my faith in humanity like ballet. Any world that can produce art of such a delicate and intricate nature can't be all that bad. It's pulled me out of some seriously dark moments in my life. 

• Brohoof 1