Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lady Rarity Pony

• 4 years later...

I think my biggest collection is all of my books, I've never really counted them but I think I have anywhere from 200 to 400 so far?  I need another bookshelf, that much is certain!!

I have Star Wars toys. LOTS of Star Wars toys. The action figures alone are up to 1,014 at present count, with literally hundreds of posters, books and other toys of every description. 

I have quite a few movies too, thousands of them. 

Two largest are my MLP collection and my collection of Heroclix figures. The Clix figures probably win out, as I have hundreds of them, some really good super rares as well. Love the sculpt quality on those. My MLP collection is a bunch of different things. Lot's of posters, figures, plushies and other random bits and bobs. Tins and collectible cards as well.

MUSIC.
:pinkie:

I have always been a HUGE fan of music, and have endeavored to collect it whenever I can.

During my time on the dirt ball, I have (at one point in time or another) owned:  [Totals are at highest counts]

Vinyl Records: 520
8-Track Tapes: 74
Cassette Tapes: @ 4,000
Compact Discs: 850
Songs transferred to my XBOX: 1,840
Songs transferred to my XBOX 360: 3,150
Songs on my current cellphone's SD Card: 2,557 
Spiral notebooks filled with nothing but handwritten lists of songs & artists: 12

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In 2015, I just kind of said screw it and legitimately started collecting woodwind and brass instruments even if I had no intention of actually learning them. My previous posts only included the instruments I got that I played or had intended to play. I know that doesn't reflect well on me, either. =P

So, here's my collection now:

Woodwinds:

• Two Flutes
  • A Native American Flute
  • A historical Flute (that is supposedly from the 19th century)
  • Two modern Oboes and another one that I can't date but could be from the late 19th century
  • Two Bb Clarinets
  • A Tenor Recorder
  • An Alto Saxophone
  • A Tenor Saxophone
  • A Bass Clarinet
  • A Bassoon

(Technically I have an Alto Clarinet, too, but I found it made into a decoration, so it's a decoration)

Brass:

• Two Trumpets
  • A Cornet
  • A French Horn (which doesn't work, but has very unique mechanisms. I got it for cheap!)
  • A Trombone

I know... My brass collection is quite lacking! But working horns, euphoniums, and tubas don't come cheap, and my preference for spending big on instruments would be woodwinds at this point, ones I'd actually play for real like an English Horn. And more recorders. And some Medieval/Renaissance winds!

Non-Winds:

• A keyboard

Yup, that's it. I think.

• Brohoof 1

That would be my MLP and EQG merch collection. I have so much ponies and EQG dolls they're taking up multiple containers in my closet. :-D

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Many collection of things that I don’t need and eventually collecting dust but is worth buying.

Uhm, well would you call a melange of unused issued Army gear a collection? Because if so, I've got a LOT of that stuff.

If not, then I think it'd be my quarter collection. I used to collect quarters a lot when I was a kid, and even though I've stopped, I still have a lot of them. Maybe sometime in the future I can sell that and get some money for it, I dunno. >.>;

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

That would definitely be my MLP merch collection. I have a number of plushies, Pony figures, EQG dolls, and even shirts that I acquired over my years of loving pony. :D

On 1/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, Randimaxis said:

MUSIC.
:pinkie:

I have always been a HUGE fan of music, and have endeavored to collect it whenever I can.

During my time on the dirt ball, I have (at one point in time or another) owned:  [Totals are at highest counts]

Vinyl Records: 520
8-Track Tapes: 74
Cassette Tapes: @ 4,000
Compact Discs: 850
Songs transferred to my XBOX: 1,840
Songs transferred to my XBOX 360: 3,150
Songs on my current cellphone's SD Card: 2,557 
Spiral notebooks filled with nothing but handwritten lists of songs & artists: 12

My "pretend" ex-dad (mom's ex-husband) also collected music. He had so many Vinyl Records and all that stuff. Then he had a lot of Audio CDs. When the mp3 technology came, he started transferring all his music to mp3s.... Let's just say, that was his mistake. He now has the largest collection of 128 kbps........ *dies*

He did this after the divorce though. I would have stopped him (even as a kid) if I was still part of his life. You don't store music that way.... ArrrggghhH!!! If I only had gotten his CDs. CD quality is my thing, even if (44100 Hz is a little bit on the low size)!

-------

I think my largest collection is my MLP G1 toys, being 350+ ponies on display in my living room.

Edited by Splashee
  • Brohoof 3