Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Daylight Savings Time; Good or Bad?

Jon the VGNerd

• 2 months later...

I am feeling the effect of Daylight Saving the last weeks. My usual scheduled meetings are affected because there is one less hour. One more week, and I will also get Daylight Saving, and then we will be on the same "reality plane" again. Still, doesn't change the fact that I lose an hour and it will hurt! :BornAgainBrony:

It helps with schools so kids don't have to be outside in the dark while waiting for the bus, but it doesn't really serve any other meaningful purpose. I wouldn't mind if it was done away with. We have street lights now, after all.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

Daylight time is total BS.  I hate it.  It's scientifically improper, for starters.  Noon should coincide with the sun being highest in the sky.  But the most annoying part of it is that it puts us out of sync with online servers in other countries that don't recognize daylight time.  I play a mobile game with daily stuff that resets at 5am, but now it resets at 6am for me, even though the game still says it resets at 5, because the servers are in China.  It's f*ckin' annoying.  Moreover, there's no evidence that daylight time serves the intended purpose (to save energy).  It's a pointless, antiquated tradition.  I write congress annually, encouraging them to try to end it.  I suggest everyone do the same.

Daylight savings Time is total idiocy. It serves no purpose and pointlessly complicates things. In the summer, the last thing I want is an extra hour of sunlight in the evening when I’m hot and want to cool down. Summer nights are for stargazing but you can’t do that when you have to wait all night for the sun to disappear. And it sucks when I have to manually reset my watch and all my clocks. Dumb idea, very dumb. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

On 11/3/2013 at 8:15 AM, Jon the VGNerd said:

It's that time of year again; Daylight Savings Time ending, which means all timezones go back and hour. To me, I just think DST only serves as pure annoyance, since most medias are quite oblivious to the fact that DST ended and not bother to change time schedules. It mostly hinders with regularly scheduled programs, but that's just my opinion. What are your thoughts on DST and why you like it or hate it.

I just noticed that Avatar of yours. REDLINE's a good movie, man!

Onto the topic itself tho..

I find the time of Daylight Savings Time(henceforth will be shortened to DST) kinda stupid?

I mean, the idea was to originally save some energy/electricity or something when it was first concocted, and did its purpose at the time. Though today DST is more in the direction of not being needed as it's more a convenience nowadays.

• 2 years later...

All my clocks in my home depend on Daylight Savings, so I like it..... lol. No I don't like it, but it would screw up all my clocks, and I like my clocks.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...