Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any stupid or pointless fears?

Pink Anarchy

This is probably going to sound really stupid to everyone reading this, but my biggest secret is I have a HUGE fear of balloons! You know what's ironic about that? Pinkie Pie is my favorite MLP character (and Fluttershy is my favorite too..). Pinkie's cutie mark is balloons and I'm afraid of balloons!img-1977820-1-dry.png  Weird right? 

Lately I have been trying to get over my ridiculous fear of balloons.. 

Does anyone else have a stupid or pointless fear??? img-1977820-2-biggrin.png post-20623-0-65534700-1383508149_thumb.png

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

It's not that stupid, or stupid at all, really. I've heard of people having a phobia of balloons. Nothing you can control, really.

As for me, I'm nearly fearless. I am a bit unsettled by anonymity, and the unknown. If there's something that's just impossible to explain by anyone, it freaks me out.

Stupid or pointless fear?

Yeahh. It's stupid, not pointless.

I'm horribly afraid of cats. Like, I tense up and a start backing away whenever one is around.

However, I'm deathly allergic to them, and I had a 4 day stint in the hospital because of how badly I reacted to being scratched by one. Also, I know whenever one is around, even without seeing it, because I sneeze a lot and my nose starts running, even if it's not within my line of sight.

It's funny, because Rarity, who's my favorite pony by a landslide, has a pet cat...biggrin.png

But still. I HATE cats.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

Can't say I do have a stupid or pointless fear, I do however have a slight fear of grounds. Not heights, because it's not being high up that kills, it's hitting the ground.

Stupid or pointless fear?

Yeahh. It's stupid, not pointless.

I'm horribly afraid of cats. Like, I tense up and a start backing away whenever one is around.

However, I'm deathly allergic to them, and I had a 4 day stint in the hospital because of how badly I reacted to being scratched by one. Also, I know whenever one is around, even without seeing it, because I sneeze a lot and my nose starts running, even if it's not within my line of sight.

It's funny, because Rarity, who's my favorite pony by a landslide, has a pet cat...biggrin.png

But still. I HATE cats.

?As a cat lover... I can sympathize. Allergies are bad enough, plus having been scratched... I wouldn't even say it's stupid. Cats can be very scary.

carry pins around at all times its all the illuminati they send out balloon spy's pop them when you see them. but in all seriosness its not that stupid i have trypeaphobia a fear of holes that probably more stupid

Trypophobia? Oh, I forgot that I have that too. I'm not really afraid of holes, it's just that certain patterns such as honeycombs will highly unsettle me.

The topic of this thread seems to be about stupid/pointless fears; the only relation to MLP:FiM is an allusion to Pinkie Pie's cutie mark. As such, I have moved it over to General Discussion, and altered the title to better highlight the topic of the thread - just to let you know. smile.png

Edited by Flipturn

I wish I could be fearless :P Like I said I really want to get over my balloon fear. I once had a friend at my old school who was DEATHLY afraid of spoons... I never could understand what was so scary about a spoon.. Hahahalaugh.png  

Fun fact: the fear of balloons is called globophobia according to Google

My only really big fear is of bugs / insects / spiders I'm putting those in the same catagory because all of them are creepy and my cat will kill them all for me

@@Pink Anarchy,

Wait is this thread about your biggest secret or about pointless and stupid fears? I'm confused. eitherwaywealreadyhavetopicsaboutbothofthosethings

Anyways I don't have any stupid/pointless fears and my biggest secret... I don't have one. tongue.png

Edited by Jokuc

Trypophobia? Oh, I forgot that I have that too. I'm not really afraid of holes, it's just that certain patterns such as honeycombs will highly unsettle me.

dont get me started i cant even think abour honeycombs or anything with a similar pattern it once drove me to tears i hate it, its like a curse

A stupid fear of mine is deep water. It just scares me is all. Feels like something will grab me at any moment. I avoid deep water like the plague. I am so pathetic, right? Scared of water...

I'm deathly afraid of clowns and have been ever since I was little, but I know a lot of people with the same fear; so I'm not as embarrassed about it. However, I'm also really afraid of moths and I'm not sure why. I can look at them and I think they're beautiful in photographs, but when I'm near them my heart starts racing and I just get really scared for what seems like no reason whatsoever blush.png

The topic of this thread seems to be about stupid/pointless fears; the only relation to MLP:FiM is an allusion to Pinkie Pie's cutie mark. As such, I have moved it over to General Discussion, and altered the title to better highlight the topic of the thread - just to let you know. smile.png

I am very sorry, still don't understand the whole where to post what.. I hope I can figure it out soon, I will try to not let this happen again. 

Again I'm very sorry sad.png

• Brohoof 1

dont get me started i cant even think abour honeycombs or anything with a similar pattern it once drove me to tears i hate it, its like a curse

You definitely have it worst then me. Most I'll do when I see/think of similar honeycomb patterns is ecch internally. The things I'm fearful of never get the best of me. I'm pretty chill with most things.

I could say that clowns upset me, but I also love them at the same time, so it's kinda hard...

Your fear isn't stupid; just unusual.

Anyway, I suppose you could say I have a stupid/pointless fear. I'm afraid of food and I hate food. I've felt this way since I was 3. I can't sit near people with food comfortably, and I only eat like 5 different foods myself. I'll actually gag if someone comes near me with food. Don't ask why, because I don't know. So yeah my fear is pretty extreme I guess...

Oh wow. You just read my thoughts. :P

Well, I'm afraid of insects. The flying ones, actually. Even in a 1000 people crowd, they always aim for me. Actually, they always aim for my face. :/

And it's very frustrating when I'm chilling somewhere and a wild flying insect appears. It pumps adrenaline in me (which isn't exactly pleasant) and makes me get the hell out of there as fast as I can.

Oh wow. You just read my thoughts. tongue.png

Well, I'm afraid of insects. The flying ones, actually. Even in a 1000 people crowd, they always aim for me. Actually, they always aim for my face. :/

And it's very frustrating when I'm chilling somewhere and a wild flying insect appears. It pumps adrenaline in me (which isn't exactly pleasant) and makes me get the hell out of there as fast as I can.

i kinda have the same thing im not exactly scared unless its a jenylongleg but if a fly is around i grab hairspray and ruin their 24 hour lifespan

I tend to think my fear of spiders is kinda silly. Like, I sorta wish spiders could talk. If I could talk to them I'm sure I'd be a whole lot less afraid of them. If they could, I think finding a spider in the shower might go a little something like this:

Spider: "Whoa! Hey, I'm in here. Don't step on me!"
Me: "Oh, cool. Thanks for the heads up."
"My bad, man."
"Nah, we're cool. You mind chilling out on the counter over there for like ten minutes? I'm about to use the shower and I don't want to drown you. I'm pretty sure you've got like 500 kids to feed."
He mutters, "Well actually it's like 447...but who's counting?" The spider briskly crawls to the counter. "Oh, you wouldn't believe it. My wife nags me because I'm not catching enough flies lately. Economy's been pretty bad. Might lose my job, man."
"Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. You know, if you need a place to stay, I'll let you chill out here for a while as long as you guys don't get in the way." 
"Really? That'd be sweet!"
"Yeah, it's no problem. Well I better get out of here and go to class. We still cool?"
"Yeah, we cool. Pound it, bro."
"I would, but you're a spider. I don't wanna squish you. But we'll chat later, alright?"

And thus begins my friendship with the spiders! 

But I'm just afraid of what I don't know. And I don't know how to distinguish a friendly spider that eats pests from a spider that's gonna bite me and give me a nasty case of necrosis if I just look at it the wrong way...so...yeah...

Edited by ThatOneBrony
  • Brohoof 2

I'm afraid of... Wait for it...

slugs

oh and also

glass snails

But mostly the first one...

Oh and death by falling... falling in general or the sensation one feels when falling (like on a roller coaster)

I am deathly afraid of bugs,  mostly spiders and anything that bites. However, I am especially afraid of centipedes, Just the way they move how quick they are and their general experience creeps me out.  

This is silly, but the really weird looking sea creatures freak me out. Eels, anglerfish, sharks in general. So bad that in underwater levels in games, I have to have someone else play them for me. Kind of rediculous, and I know it's irrational, which is the hardest part for me to reconcile.

I have a serious fear of Shia LeBeouf, the actual cannibal. His very name strikes fear into the hearts of all who dread the day of his return D:

Although I do not find him as unbearable as a others seem to that was really funny biggrin.png.

As for fears well it's not exactly pointless but I'm really afraid of knives. I don't have much problem using one to eat and all but in any other context I just hate seeing them. Somebody holding a knife seriously makes me shudder.

Edited by Armchair Adventurer
  • Brohoof 1