Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Derp -> First Time Vector Art

CT-1138

My first vector job with a pony (have done other, lesser, vectors before), so I'm really open to comments and criticism here. Image vectored from: images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__c… and made in GIMPshop.

uhm did you say in your deviant art description that it was made in GIMPshop ?

if that is the case it is sadly not a vector

a vector is a image  is made through programs like photoshop , inkscape / ponyscape ( user made version) , and adobe illustrator with formats such as .psd .svg .svgz ( compressed svg) or .ai

i believe that the image you have created to be a raster image in the pony art style.

if gimpshop does not support these file types that sadly the images is only a raster

how ever this image has been well done it looks show quality but you forgot the nostrils wich is quite bad

but overlooking that it pretty good

Edited by HunterScars
  • Brohoof 2

Well if you were trying to match the style of the show, you hit it spot on! Except for the nostrils which I didn't notice until others pointed it out. I also noticed a tiny bit of green bleeding out at the tip of the tail, but other than that, great job!

(edited)

Thanks for the info, @HunterScars! To everybody, I'll go back and add the nostrils a some point, no sure when exactly, but thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

I don't think you do know what a vector is...

A vector is - "is the use of geometrical primitives such as points, lines, curves, and shapes or polygon(s), which are all based on mathematical expressions, to represent images in computer graphics." (from wikipedia)

Cutting out a character from a show screenshot is NOT vectoring. Maybe you really vectored the picture perfectly and I'm wrong, but I highly doubt it. You can still see a little green on her tail from where you cut it out.

Otherwise, nice cut out. Was kinda expecting a real vector though. xP

Yeah, I thought a vector wa a type of image that doesnt have a background. Whoops.

Few more leters to make the post interesting.