Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

All things truly wicked start from an innocence.

Deep in the shadows of Equestria stands a tall mountain surrounded by a deep forest.  This is a very special mountain.  This mountain is hollow.  Inside, there are rooms and rooms and rooms.  These rooms house a threat to Equestria.

Edited by Feather Gem

This sounds like an excellent idea!

The only problem I have is whether I want to apply as Sombra, Discord or an OC... Agh, the pressure!

How will ponies be assigned to villains? Will you choose and post it?

Edited by Cinderscribe

Hmm... This has piqued my interest, for sure. The only question is if I should apply as Nightmare Moon or my OC Ariel (whose profile is linked in my signature; I think it'd be interesting for her to be Sombra's pony). Decisions, decisions...

I'll edit this post with the link later ,but could you reserve me a spot for a new OF I'm making later, please? I don't mind which antagonist, by the way

This sounds like an excellent idea!

The only problem I have is whether I want to apply as Sombra, Discord or an OC... Agh, the pressure!

How will ponies be assigned to villains? Will you choose and post it?

Well, to apply as an antagonist, you'll have to give me a few small examples of how you'd portray the antagonist through a bit of roleplaying examples...

No, no.  You can choose who you want to be paired up with.

Hmm... This has piqued my interest, for sure. The only question is if I should apply as Nightmare Moon or my OC Ariel (whose profile is linked in my signature; I think it'd be interesting for her to be Sombra's pony). Decisions, decisions...

Well, to apply as an antagonist, you'll have to give me a few small examples of how you'd portray the antagonist through a bit of roleplaying examples...

I like your OC though.  Cx

I'll edit this post with the link later ,but could you reserve me a spot for a new OF I'm making later, please? I don't mind which antagonist, by the way

Huh, cool! Whichever one, here's a bit of something I threw together to show how I'd play them:

"Why, my dear, sweet Feather Gem... It was Feather Gem, right?" Drawled the Draconequus as if deeply offended: despite the leering smile that simply oozed mirth as if he were barely containing himself from bursting into laughter at any monent. "Ahem, whatever your name was: it sounds to me like you are trying to impose some kind of... some kind of quality control on your villains. So much as I applaud this bold venture, I..." He stopped abruptly - one eye swirling in place to settle on an armored grey unicorn. "...One momement please."

The unicorn blinked. It watched the comedic sociopath in silence until he was finally silent.

"What are you doing?" Sombra growled. "Don't grovel - command! It is pathetic and painful to watch: will you kiss their boots while you are at it?"

"Manners, my oafish friend!" Discord responded with a false grimace, a pair of spectacles appearing on his face as he did. "Manners cost nothing! Except when they do, in which case they tend to cost a lot!"

"Can we just get on with it? I have better things to do than sit and debate with the likes of you - I have a kingdom to reclaim, if your foolish mind can recall such simple information..." Sombra growled menacingly: eyes flashing a mad swirl of green and purple in the darkness at the memory of having his prize taken away from him. "Permanently..."

Edited by Cinderscribe

Well, this is interesting. I like it. I'll sign up with Demence, to be Nightmare Night's zebra. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Wow.  He seems absolutely insane.

This is going to be fun xD

Okay, I'll put you up!

Huh, cool! Whichever one, here's a bit of something I threw together to show how I'd play them:

"Why, my dear, sweet Feather Gem... It was Feather Gem, right?" Drawled the Draconequus as if deeply offended: despite the leering smile that simply oozed mirth as if he were barely containing himself from bursting into laughter at any monent. "Ahem, whatever your name was: it sounds to me like you are trying to impose some kind of... some kind of quality control on your villains. So much as I applaud this bold venture, I..." He stopped abruptly - one eye swirling in place to settle on an armored grey unicorn. "...One momement please."

The unicorn blinked. It watched the comedic sociopath in silence until he was finally silent.

"What are you doing?" Sombra growled. "Don't grovel - command! It is pathetic and painful to watch: will you kiss their boots while you are at it?"

"Manners, my oafish friend!" Discord responded with a false grimace, a pair of spectacles appearing on his face as he did. "Manners cost nothing! Except when they do, in which case they tend to cost a lot!"

"Can we just get on with it? I have better things to do than sit and debate with the likes of you - I have a kingdom to reclaim, if your foolish mind can recall such simple information..." Sombra growled menacingly: eyes flashing a mad swirl of green and purple in the darkness at the memory of having his prize taken away from him. "Permanently..."

Personally, I think you did very well at portraying them both. 

Discord can be a hard character to roleplay, so I'm a bit worried others that want to play him wouldn't be able to do it as well as you.

This may simply be because I really like Discord.  Cx 

But anyway, you can have either.  It's up to you.

Until you decide, I'll hold both positions for you.

I would love to join with Fire Sharp :http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/fire-sharp-r4122 and can I maybe have her as the one King Sombra goes after? 

And I'm sure to keep up with the posts, as long as there pretty much isn't 30 posts between the time I go to bed then wake up, I'm never able to keep up with those kind of rps. 

I would love to join with Fire Sharp :http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/fire-sharp-r4122 and can I maybe have her as the one King Sombra goes after? 

And I'm sure to keep up with the posts, as long as there pretty much isn't 30 posts between the time I go to bed then wake up, I'm never able to keep up with those kind of rps. 

Okay. 

And don't worry.  If there are too many posts, I don't mind if someone just flips through them instead of really reading them.  Just as long as you know where you're supposed to be and all that, it's fine.

Heh, thanks. I guess I'll go for Discord then!

Unless someone more capable comes along and wants to take him, in which case I don't mind playing Sombra - He needs more personality that 'Rage! Angst!' that I'd quite like to explore.

That would be fine.

Hah, truth be told, I don't want to quite write a sample proper for Nightmare Moon... And either way, I think I'd rather stick with Ariel. So put her in, possibly as Sombra's pony? (I'd really like to see how these two would interact.)

EDIT: In the case that my OC cannot be put in as Sombra's pony (seeing as how someone else has asked for the very same position), I shall go ahead and write a sample for Nightmare Moon. I'll write an imagined interaction between NMM and Ariel (namely, NMM scaring the wits out of my poor OC). Also, you'll have to excuse me for not putting it in a spoiler tag, but I haven't figured out how to do that as of yet. ^^;

Nightmare Moon smirked as she looked down upon the unicorn mare before her. She could see the gradual realization and the fear that shortly followed within the unicorn's mismatched gaze, and it delighted her. The dark mare moved closer to Ariel, stepping with the deliberate grace that her wings and horn combined demanded of her; after all, an alicorn should be expected to be both powerful and graceful, elegant and strong.

A low chuckle escaped Nightmare Moon when she saw Ariel backing away. "Do you fear me, little pony?" she asked with a sneer, continuing to prowl towards the unicorn.

Ariel defiantly shook her head, despite being frightened to the point of speechlessness. This only brought another dark laugh from Nightmare Moon. Her magical mist of a mane reached out towards Ariel, curling around the unicorn's own mane before pulling her towards the ex-princess with a painful yank. Nightmare Moon's smile was vicious, as dark as the eternal night she forever craved.

"Oh, but it's only natural for you to be afraid," Nightmare Moon cooed, locking her eyes onto Ariel's. "After all, I am the embodiment of all that you fear." Her smile only grew as her bright turquoise eyes gleamed maliciously. "I am your nightmares come to life!"

EDIT: I've now put a proper spoiler tag in place. And thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. happy.png

Edited by Miss Reaper

Hah, truth be told, I don't want to quite write a sample proper for Nightmare Moon... And either way, I think I'd rather stick with Ariel. So put her in, possibly as Sombra's pony? (I'd really like to see how these two would interact.)

EDIT: In the case that my OC cannot be put in as Sombra's pony (seeing as how someone else has asked for the very same position), I shall go ahead and write a sample for Nightmare Moon. I'll write an imagined interaction between NMM and Ariel (namely, NMM scaring the wits out of my poor OC). Also, you'll have to excuse me for not putting it in a spoiler tag, but I haven't figured out how to do that as of yet. ^^;

Nightmare Moon smirked as she looked down upon the unicorn mare before her. She could see the gradual realization and the fear that shortly followed within the unicorn's mismatched gaze, and it delighted her. The dark mare moved closer to Ariel, stepping with the deliberate grace that her wings and horn combined demanded of her; after all, an alicorn should be expected to be both powerful and graceful, elegant and strong.

A low chuckle escaped Nightmare Moon when she saw Ariel backing away. "Do you fear me, little pony?" she asked with a sneer, continuing to prowl towards the unicorn.

Ariel defiantly shook her head, despite being frightened to the point of speechlessness. This only brought another dark laugh from Nightmare Moon. Her magical mist of a mane reached out towards Ariel, curling around the unicorn's own mane before pulling her towards the ex-princess with a painful yank. Nightmare Moon's smile was vicious, as dark as the eternal night she forever craved.

"Oh, but it's only natural for you to be afraid," Nightmare Moon cooed, locking her eyes onto Ariel's. "After all, I am the embodiment of all that you fear." Her smile only grew as her bright turquoise eyes gleamed maliciously. "I am your nightmares come to life!"

EDIT: I've now put a proper spoiler tag in place. And thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. img-1981949-1-happy.png

Wow.

xD My gosh, how am I possibly going to compare to any of you?

Well, I think you've got that part, hooves down.

I might take Sombra's place in this RP...I don't know I just have a good idea for him.  Not sure if It will work though or how to work it in.

same here, those Rp types are hard to deal with

I might take Sombra's place in this RP...I don't know I just have a good idea for him.  Not sure if It will work though or how to work it in.

same here, those Rp types are hard to deal with

I'll try.

As the armored, dark unicorn stared at his victim from the shadows of the large, murky chamber; he decided it was time to begin, 'Time to fuel the fire.' Thought the tyrannical being. Fading in from the darkness, the large unicorn appeared no more than 5 feet away from his prisoner; Sombra's face was as emotionless as can be but he also had tad of curiosity in there, thinking of how far he can get this pony to break. "Why so reserved, GloomFury," asked the king, his voice oily but firm and demanding, "Your temper could be used for great things, that fuse of yours would be useful. You do not know of the power that you wield, your anger is the key and if it is strong enough; that fuse of yours will dissipate and you would become very, very powerful." He paused for a bit , observing weather he got a reaction or not, then he tried something that was guaranteed to work. "What about little Elly? With the power you have, you could bring her back..."

How wAs that?

Edited by Midnight-Inferno
  • Brohoof 1

I'll try.

As the armored, dark unicorn stared at his victim from the shadows of the large, murky chamber; he decided it was time to begin, 'Time to fuel the fire.' Thought the tyrannical being. Fading in from the darkness, the large unicorn appeared no more than 5 feet away from his prisoner; Sombra's face was as emotionless as can be but he also had tad of curiosity in there, thinking of how far he can get this pony to break. "Why so reserved, GloomFury," asked the king, his voice oily but firm and demanding, "Your temper could be used for great things, that fuse of yours would be useful. You do not know of the power that you wield, your anger is the key and if it is strong enough; that fuse of yours will dissipate and you would become very, very powerful." He paused for a bit , observing weather he got a reaction or not, then he tried something that was guaranteed to work. "What about little Elly? With the power you have, you could bring her back..."

How wAs that?

Interesting...

I'll take you as Sombra.  Cx

It'll be a pleasure to have you.

Do try to post on weekdays if you can though.  I guess if school is in the way, I can understand.  But do note that if you haven't posted in a while, it isn't an excuse to not post at all.

Roleplays so easily die.  I hope this one doesn't.  xD