Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy being single?

Discolt

A simple question that I'd figured I'd ask everypony.

Are you currently single, and are you happy being single?

A difficult question for many, but at least I know I can say that, yes, I am single, and yes, I am quite content with it. Not to say that relationships don't work/they're all bad/women are bitches/they only go after jerks/etc, but it's just...

Relationships are a lot of work. They require time and effort, and as a person that does not enjoy long phone conversations and as an artist who cherishes his solitude, (this is the time when I think, write, create, imagine and draw, so I prize it quite a BIT) having a girlfriend seems like more than it's worth. Not to say that people out there don't have happy relationships; I'm sure plenty of you do.

Maybe it's that I'm not in a rush to go get another girlfriend like I see many of my friends doing. I don't "need" to have a girl, per say. There are many more important things in life, I think, but then again, maybe I'm crazy.

But enough of my drama. Are you happy being single, and if so, why? And if you're in a relationship, why is it just so much better than being single?

• Brohoof 6

Single. Who needs girls?

Me. That's who. :(

Yes.

Hell no.

Wow. That surprises me that so many of you colts seem to need a special somepony in your lives. Maybe I really do represent a minority and maybe I AM crazy. O_o

Edited by Discolt

Is it just me, or is there a lot of "relationship" threads lately?

Anyhow, I'm single and that status will not change for quite some time. So, I'd love to find my second half when I get a bit more older.

A simple question that I'd figured I'd ask everypony.

Are you currently single, and are you happy being single?

A difficult question for many, but at least I know I can say that, yes, I am single, and yes, I am quite content with it. Not to say that relationships don't work/they're all bad/women are bitches/they only go after jerks/etc, but it's just...

Relationships are a lot of work. They require time and effort, and as a person that does not enjoy long phone conversations and as an artist who cherishes his solitude, (this is the time when I think, write, create, imagine and draw, so I prize it quite a BIT) having a girlfriend seems like more than it's worth. Not to say that people out there don't have happy relationships; I'm sure plenty of you do.

Maybe it's that I'm not in a rush to go get another girlfriend like I see many of my friends doing. I don't "need" to have a girl, per say. There are many more important things in life, I think, but then again, maybe I'm crazy.

But enough of my drama. Are you happy being single, and if so, why? And if you're in a relationship, why is it just so much better than being single?

But have you had a girlfriend before?

It's just that I too hated phone conversations. Then I got a girlfriend and still hated for a while, but then I completely fell in love and then I loved talking to her on the phone.

If you say that relationships are "a lot of work" it sounds like if you just were doing it for the status, and not because you actually love the girl. If you did, then you would never think it's a lot of work. You'd be happy! You shouldn't be with someone you don't love.

Then the girl of course dumped me... But I miss her, and I miss women in general! I want to fall in love again. Oh and this girl is currently begging me to take her back, so I'm considering it, but I'm not gonna just say yes inmeadiatly, because I don't feel like I love her anymore (And that would be really pathetic)

• Brohoof 1

I'm single and my wallet is very happy about it! :P

Honestly though, it's been a while since my last girlfriend and I would kinda like to be in a relationship again.

But yeah, both sides have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm not happy about being single, but I'm not sad about it either. I guess I'm kinda in between.

• Brohoof 1

I've never been in a relationship and I'm not actively seeking to be in one. I can't say I'm happy, because I don't know exactly what I'm missing out on, but I know I'm not unhappy about it. From what I hear, it can be draining in many ways (financially, emotionally, temporally), but rewarding as well.

Is it just me or are there tons of threads along the same line as this one