Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy being single?

Discolt

I'm single but sometimes I get the feeling of longing for a relationship, then I think about how much time and effort it would take and the possibility of it not working out. I'm happy most of all as long as I don't think about it too much. Solitude is a great thing to me and I usually worry about what others think of me. Also, my confidence isn't great because I view most people as better than I am. Lots of people my age are out holding hands, kissing, laughing, which makes me envious but I also value a quality relationship, not just a date thrown together without a thought. I'm waiting until I'm 25, which isn't long, to date older people.

Edited by Agent Luna
  • Brohoof 1

I'm largely happy being single, though I wouldn't say no to a relationship with a significant other if I felt it could work out. :)

I'm largely happy being single, though I wouldn't say no to a relationship with a significant other if I felt it could work out. :)

i feel the same way, though i wish i could speak without stumbling over my own words.

• Brohoof 1

i feel the same way, though i wish i could speak without stumbling over my own words.

Ah, I'm guilty of the same thing some times. It could be worse though, I suppose. ^^

While it would be nice to have a partner, I don't feel that I'm ready for another partner at the moment.  I need to work on myself a bit more before seeking another relationship.  Besides, I don't think anyone would be interested in the first place, nothing wrong with that though.

Edited by Anishna

Yep! Being single isn't a huge deal to me or anything. I'm happy single, and I'd bet I'd be happy in a relationship. Either way is a ok to me!

• Brohoof 2

I've been happy both in and out of relationships. For various reasons. 

Some people, just flat out, do function better being with someone. Some function better all on their own without the need for a love like that.

I can do both, I prefer the former, solely because I am a hopeless romantic. I take "romanticizing romance" to a whole new level.

Being single is literally the only part of my life that I'm not happy with. It's like walking into a new hotel room, everything looks all nice and clean... but then the door squeaks behind you when you close it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm single, and yes I'm happy being single. I do not know exactly where my life is going to take me, and I am not financially or mentally prepared to start a family. I currently do not have the time to devote to a girlfriend (or a social life). Perhaps in a few years.

Single and would like a reationship, but in the end i'd rather be happy and single then with one of the judgmental, gold diggers at my sixth form!

I don't expect to ever not be single, but I don't let it bother me. While it'd be nice and all, I'm perfectly happy being on my own. :)

In the end, I think I'd rather be on my own anyways. Social interactions are usually fairly stressful for me, I mean I can hardly keep in touch with my current friends, just imagine how stressful it would be for me to try and maintain a relationship. x_x

• Brohoof 1

I'm taking this slowly instead of being desperate because I've just figured out the type of girl(s) I prefer being around (Aspergers, HFA, remind me of people who understood and helped me with my problems) and waiting for one I connect with the most. I just know at least one of these types exist around the area I live in because I'm not pessimistic. While it can be easy to be desperate for a relationship, I have to know and connect with one another before going romantic. So yes, I'm fine with being single at the moment for now since I haven't been meeting much people around my age let along get past acquaintance stage.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

No I'm not happy being single  -_-. But it really doesn't bother me that much  :)

Edited by JonasDarkmane

I'm not single, and I was always somewhat unhappy about being single. Usually I'd be happy enough and content with being left to my own devices, but I did feel a pervading loneliness that fluctuated in intensity.

Now that I'm in a relationship I feel much less lonely, but there are times when I still feel lonely for reasons that are difficult to explain. My guess is that this is the sort of loneliness that stems from deep issues within myself that I can only fix internally.

I do feel happier in a relationship, but it also has its own unique set of stresses and concerns that are pretty hard to avoid when you really care about someone. The thing is, I feel a very similar set of stresses with regular friends, albeit in a slightly different way. That being said, I aim to minimize that negativity, and my negativity in general, as I continue to grow as a person. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm married to myself. so happy.

Yes I am single, and I'm happy.

if I ever met someone I liked who wanted to date me, I might change my mind about that.

Edited by Lucky Star
  • Brohoof 1

I would be lying if I said I wasn't longing for a relationship. I do wish that I had a nice girl to drink tea, play games, cuddle with, etc. but I realize me being single is probably what's best.

Pretty much for the reasons stated by the OP. It's a lot of work I'm not willing to put in just yet.  I enjoy my solitude when I can get it. I'm not a very social person. I also miss subtle social cues integral to most relationships. I'm just more alright being on my own then being with friends or people in general. Maybe if I spend enough time alone, I'll actually want to go out and socialize. But with living with my family and working around a lot of people most days, it likely isn't' happening anytime soon. 

I just haven't had enough time to feel alone yet.