Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy being single?

Discolt

I can't say being single bothers me, it's definitely my preference. Being in a relationship hasn't really been a priority, either. I'm just not really interested. Sure, if for some reason some woman was interested in me, I doubt I'd say no, it would be worth a shot.

This might change at some point, but for now I'm content. 

No.

Oh my life is going great! I've got nothing to complain about. I'm living in perfect contentment. Sure I could do more exercise, but aside from that I'm pretty good.

Doesn't mean I'm happy with my single status. I know I'd be much happier in a relationship because I'd have another person to share something precious with. Something you can't have by yourself or platonically. 

I'm neither happy nor sad. I'm just living my life and surviving college. A relationship sounds nice but friendship first please. Love is complex. If it finds me again, I'll be sure to treat it with patience and delicacy.

I'm neither happy nor sad. I'm just living my life and surviving college. A relationship sounds nice but friendship first please. Love is complex. If it finds me again, I'll be sure to treat it with patience and delicacy.

Sounds nice? :(

Anyways as for me I'm pretty downright miserable at the moment, but I know that while I will be very lonely in the future once I move, finally having things to distract me will help me alot and I'm sure to have the same attitude towards being single as I did before :)

I won't persue love or search for it. If it comes to me great! If not, meh ^_^

Of course! I work much better when I'm alone. Sure, having somebody that loves you is great and all, but I don't think it's a big deal if I don't ever find love. If I do find love, then that isn't a big deal either.

• Brohoof 1

Meh it's doesn't bother me as much as it did in the beginnin'. When you've been single most of your life, you tend to get used to it.  ^_^  That doesn't go without sayin', that I wouldn't mind changin' it if the opportunity presented itself.

Am I single yes... but that was not by my choosing, nor was it hers. She passed away. Do I like it. being single again socially awkward, browsing for single ladies and getting nowhere... NO! I've never liked it... With her that whole song n dance was over I never had to worry about that again... Fate had other plans.

Pros of being in a relationship with a woman... Happiness, companionship, a hug when you feel down, love, a love only a woman could provide, kisses, human interaction, somebody to love and be loved in return, intimate love making, she is like the light after a lifetime of darkness to you. To you, you were dead before she met you and brought life to you again.

Cons of being in a relationship with a woman... She's a lady. She has them "lady troubles" the o... She's sometimes moody and sad sometimes angry because of it. Be patient with her during those dark days. You'll probably be broke a lot? She nags, she asks you to do a lot of things for her (maybe things you don't wanna do?) and yes it is often lots of work to just even please her and keep her satisfied.

Pros of being single... Happiness, self worth, independence, no worries, no cares, you can do whatever you wish with your money. You may not be broke? and there is some peace is solitude. 

Cons of being single... Loneliness, dreary looming madness, depression, a need for human interaction, joyless pleasures, darkness, a hole in your heart that only she could fill, you wonder if you can still feel anything anymore?

Sure relationships will fail if it doesn't work out shouldn't be reason to not do anything. Maybe more will fail than succeed? but there are plenty of fish in the sea and life is nothing if not a series of trial and error, but you should not give up on something so fun, exciting and scary than a relationship is without even trying. You have hope yet. But all the work that is too much and not worth the effort. I say that when you put in the work and make an effort that makes all that work very much worth it. 

My name is Jeremy and I believe there is someone out there for everybody. Solitary confinement should be enjoyed but in moderation... Sure the bliss of being alone is nice, it gives one time to reflect but sooner or later the hunger sets in and there's nothing wrong with peace and quiet. However when loneliness sits well with you, that hunger takes you. The need for human interaction, somebody to talk to, anybody. How can you hug someone when you're by yourself? You can't. I am single but always hopeful that I will meet someone who will love me again. She will love me and I will love her. We'll work with each other and lift each other up thru trouble and hardship. Also the romantic dreams will come true too B)

Single happiness can't be a fate that's a good idea. A life without love is no life at all.

Being "single" is part of my life. I am not fond of it and I would prefer it to change however, it is not something I hold sway over. Not really anyway. Of course, I amuse myself with certain trifles, seeking attention so I continue to hope yet again in changing it. But that is only so I can feel better. So, I am not happy about it. Loneliness is not a happy thing from my point of view.

Everyday I wake up to the same routine,
I get up
I put on pants
I eat
I watch TV/Go online
I do Brony stuff
I eat
I do more Brony Stuff
I take the selfie
I play my Trombone
I eat
Then I stay up all night online...doing Brony stuff on here.

I am 19 years old and single.
I have no job
and I only smile because of my colorful horses.

I want to share my colorful horses with a girl.

So to answer your question.
No, I am not happy.

I haven't been truly happy in about a year,
the only thing I seem to have in my life
are my ponies
and my friends
this is why I keep my friends really close
because although being single does suck
but being single without the magic of friendship sucks even more...
so at least I have my friends.

• Brohoof 1

I'm single and happy. I have some pretty bad luck in all my relationships turning out horrible, so right now I prefer being single.

Edited by Flitter

After reading on the Valentines thread and just posts in general of people complaining about being single, I'm kind of surprised how many say they're happy with it on this thread..

I felt like one of the few that really didn't care at all about being single, and never have. I like being free of romantic relationships, I've never had one but I've seen how they take time and responsibility and I don't need it distracting me from school. I already have trouble keeping up with friends, whoever I spend extra time with to be dating is extremely special. So yeah, I'm happy single, never been otherwise.

I don't know... I've never been in a relationship before so I can't compare.

But I'm so used to being single and "free"... Even at 19 years old, I still don't think I want to be with someone else. Maybe I'll be single forever. :P

I don't know... I've never been in a relationship before so I can't compare.

But I'm so used to being single and "free"... Even at 19 years old, I still don't think I want to be with someone else. Maybe I'll be single forever. :P

I would say the same thing (I am 19 also)

but...idk after going through a 2 year relationship

after I lost her.

I felt lost

and Idk how to be single XD

Though it gets lonely from time to time, I'm happy being single, as I don't see myself in a working relationship.

Life's enough of a challenge without having to rediscover that you just aren't gonna mesh with anyone else! So much effort for little to no gain is just a waste of time and emotions in my book!

I'm single, and I'm not very happy, but I'm not sure the two are related.

I've never been in a relationship so I don't really know what it's like, but I'd like to think that I'd be happier in one. I've seen quite a few people say that a relationship is a lot of work, but I don't think that's how it should be... It should be invigorating to be together, or at least you should be able to 'chill' or something... I feel like a relationship should be able to help relieve stress not add on more...

or maybe that's all just me speaking from inexperience and wishful thinking ^^;;

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've always been single so I wouldn't really know if a relationship would make me happy. I kinda doubt it, but I've been wrong before. 

As for being single, its meh. You can do whatever, but loneliness usually follows. 

Maybe not happy, content is a better word to describe it, at least in my case. My life wasn't easy for the last few years and I feel that I shouldn't be in any relationship, because it would end up being toxic for me and my potential partner. Right now I should focus on myself, my emotions, my education, my future and relationships I already have with my family and friends. I don't even have time for romance. I want to be happy with myself first and then with someone else. 

I'm single, and I've no interest in dating atm.

Got too much to deal with, paying bills, working, etc, I don't think I could fit a GF in right now :P