Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy being single?

Discolt

Seeing as you have a couple questions here..  Yes, I am currently single.  Yes, I am happy being single.  Would I say no to a friends with benefits arrangement?  No (well, maybe --I have a thing about filth), but I do enjoy my personal space; the ability to return to my residence to find everything where I left it in the state I left it.  The ability to grab a beer and relax on my own accord.  The ability to throw on some soft music and not have to deal with the drama that comes with having people around.

Oh, how I miss those days.  They make me almost wish to return to my rural hometown, despite I would be jobless in a jobless market...  The ability to relax in my house all to myself again... mmm...

I will not rule out I might feel lonely later, but right now, I plan to stay single, I have many unfufilled needs I plan to do after I stop living with my parents, and having a couple will only be an obstacle for it

Generally, I am happy being single since I don't need to spend time with another person and spend that with myself (I know that sounds rather selfish). That said, I would like to have a partner, and the thought crosses my mind sometimes, but not too much. The only real irritating thing about being single is when people would keep pestering me about being single, that would get on my nerves. Still though, I am generally okay with myself being single right now since this is what I want, that makes me feel content.

I want to say yes and I want to say no at the same time but I can't say either or. I would be too much of an introvert to start and keep a conversation going.  Also I just don't think I'm a keeper but more of a creeper. Also I just can't get the hint of when a girl is trying to flirt with me or that she's interested in me.

So lets just say that I'm content with my current relationship status.

Single right here! I never had a boyfriend in my entire life sadly. Hopefully I get to be in a relationship someday.

I just want to have someone to share my deep secrets, to go to when I'm down, to enjoy life with. I mean yeah I have my friends to do that, but I want a significant other to share it with.

Edited by MissPurpleBookworm
  • Brohoof 2

I am single and there are times which I really enjoy it, however, being in a relationship - eventually - is where I see myself. I was in a major relationship once (of course other minor relationships too throughout my life), been single for about a year now, been enjoying it but there are times when I feel lonely, I miss the human intimacy. I'm waiting for the right one to come around, I've learned not to settle, being patient really pays off!

In retrospect Ive really been able to develop who I am and have done so much with regaurds to my life goals that I would have never been able to do if I had not left my old relationship. Both sides of the coin have their pros and cons you could say.

I am VERY happy being single, most girls in my area are smokers, drunks and quite slutty... So me being single is a good thing, and I mostly don't care for a relationship (Mostly) but still, mind a little bit that I am single, but meh, the world keeps turning, I keep moving eh?

Single right here! I never had a boyfriend in my entire life sadly. Hopefully I get to be in a relationship someday.

I just want to have someone to share my deep secrets, to go to when I'm down, to enjoy life with. I mean yeah I have my friends to do that, but I want a significant other to share it with.

I know how you feel. I've only been in a couple relationships which didn't even last for more than a few weeks. The majority of the conversations that were exchanged between me and my old partners took place online. None of them felt real and it sucks knowing that at the age of 19, I have yet to tangibly experience a relationship. 

I'd imagine that it would be a wonderful experience to be within close proximity with your partner, looking into his or her eyes knowing that at this moment in time you two are within the same physical plane of existence, and feeling the adrenaline, dopamine, and serotonin coursing through your veins as you two hug and kiss. It may seem like a dream now, but who knows what's to come in the future. Patience can be a nuisance but it's the only hope we have at the moment.

Good luck with your romantic endeavors, the same goes to anyone who is currently single right now and reading this. 

• Brohoof 2

Am I single? Yeah.

Am I happy about it? yes and no.

I've only dated twice (two guys) and so far, it's never ended well for me. You see, I'm the type of girl who loves my alone time (It's my time to be creative with my writing, drawing, cosplay, etc...) and it didn't help that the two guys I dated were both really good friends of mine; and they both dated at least one friend of mine prior to us dating (God, the high school years are so bizarre) 

It's odd considering I'm the type of girl who gets really lonely, but once I get close to someone (romantically speaking) I get scared of screwing up and end up isolating myself from everyone and then we end things (This is exactly what happened in my last relationship to be completely honest) 

So yeah, I'm happy because I get all my alone time, but miserable because I do get lonely too, but don't really bother trying to find somepony because I fear messing up and end up panicking and messing everything up in the end... :sunny:

I'm single, but I'd much rather be in a relationship.

I'd rather be single than be in a bad relationship though, like I could get back with my ex right now if I wanted to, but I'd rather stay single.

The problem with me is I get asked out a lot but I'm very introverted and don't like 'putting myself out there', I also very much enjoy my own space, but at the same time I would like to be in a relationship :P I'm weird.

• Brohoof 2

Single again and I'm quite sad :( As much as I don't want to get my heart broken again.....it hurts to know I may have lost the wonderful love I once felt forever -_- What sucks is my first and only relationship was online and didn't have the strength to hang on till it could become tangible :(

So whenever the girls in school ask if I've had a boyfriend or like someone.....it's tough :( I lie and say I've never had a boyfriend and try to smile, but when they turn their heads I can't help but get a sad look on my face as I remember the past :(

Yes, I am single, have been all my life. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm sort of free. Free from lots of things that could or will happen that I may have to look out for, such as the drama/heartbreak of potential fighting or cheating, the control/obligations a partner may have, etc. I can't list all the things, or even the most important things, I'm free from since I've never been in a relationship. There's also things I'm free/am more able to do when single, such as traveling/pursing hobbies/careers more, being able to "know myself more", etc. Plenty of freedoms when single. But for now... I can't experience much of that when I'm under the roof of overprotective parents coupled with the fact that I'm under 18.

But on the other hand, I feel like I'm missing out. I've seen plenty of people in a happy relationship, just... having something special that I can't describe simply. As someone who is bored of life and can get lonely, I feel that if I can get a long-term relationship with someone I love, I may... have that emotional emptiness inside me filled... or something. That I'd finally have purpose or feel like there's purpose in my life. I can't describe well how I feel like I'm missing out. I... just feel like I am.

Edited by Blixhauq
  • Brohoof 2

Don't worry you're not crazy.  Society just has this absurd obsession that everyone needs to be paired off with someone else.

It's not society's expectations for people to be in relationships that is the problem; the problem is that the pursuit of love and dating has become more difficult of a task than it was for our previous generations. The average age for men to get married is roughly 26 years old according to recent statistics. People of this generation are straying further away from the idea of marriage and committed relationships; I personally blame consumerism and the change in our culture's attitude (e.g., "it's all about me," "no rush to grow up," "I have to go to college for 4-5 years, get a B.A., and then land a corporate job before I can even begin to think about getting into a committed relationship" are just a few examples of this change in attitude). It's quite sad to see this decline occur within our society. It's no wonder why people are feeling more lonely and desperate these days.

Rant over.

• Brohoof 4