Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy being single?

Discolt

I've come to realize that being single is what is best for me for now. I realize now that I'm simply not ready to pursue any serious relationship and I need to build more of my own character before I can be mentally mature enough for such commitment. Desperately chasing love in order to find your own self-worth is only going to bring you more headaches and heartaches than satisfaction. Although I have yet to experience this firsthand, throughout these past several years, I've witnessed love find some of my closest friends from high school in moments they would not have seen coming for miles. These friends of mine have been a great influence for me since the day I first met them. They were great, high-minded, and inspiring people with very productive and interesting lives; when they found love, I could just tell that their hearts and minds were ready for the romantic chapter. So, what I have observed, learned, and took note of in my vicarious experience through these friends of mine over the years is this: love is most likely to find you when you are doing your best in life; when you finally discover you deep passions and core values that make you you and when you aim to always accomplish something new and daunting each day—that is when the opportunity for your someday-partner to join you on your journey opens.

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 3

love is most likely to find you when you are doing your best in life; when you finally discover you deep passions and core values that make you you and when you aim to always accomplish something new and daunting each day—that is when the opportunity for your someday-partner to join you on your journey opens.

That'd sure be nice.  I mean, I've never doubted that, but it doesn't bring much consolation when you're 30, never been on a date, lonely, miserable, and feel like love and companionship is what you need to be happy.  Over and over again people say that love will only happen when you're completely happy and content with your life.  Like, when everything is perfect, then love will strike and just be the icing on the cake.  But that advice just doesn't hold up when you feel like you can't be truly happy without a special somepony.  It's what I need, and I resent being told that I can or should be happy alone.  (I'm not saying that you said that, Dsanders, this is just in general.)  It's just a vicious circle.  Can't find love until I'm happy, but I can't be happy until I find love.  Sorry, but that's just how it is.

• Brohoof 4

I've come to realize that being single is what is best for me for now. I realize now that I'm simply not ready to pursue any serious relationship and I need to build more of my own character before I can be mentally mature enough for such commitment. Desperately chasing love in order to find your own self-worth is only going to bring you more headaches and heartaches than satisfaction. Although I have yet to experience this firsthand, throughout these past several years, I've witnessed love find some of my closest friends from high school in moments they would not have seen coming for miles. These friends of mine have been a great influence for me since the day I first met them. They were great, high-minded, and inspiring people with very productive and interesting lives; when they found love, I could just tell that their hearts and minds were ready for the romantic chapter. So, what I have observed, learned, and took note of in my vicarious experience through these friends of mine over the years is this: love is most likely to find you when you are doing your best in life; when you finally discover you deep passions and core values that make you you and when you aim to always accomplish something new and daunting each day—that is when the opportunity for your someday-partner to join you on your journey opens.

Since you know me so well I'm curious to know when you think such a time could come for me :) As my cousins have so openly expressed going to acting school is stupid and pointless so I might as well throw that out the window -_- So.....what else can I do? :( That was my passion....and they said it's useless because if I seriously believe I'm gonna make a career out of that then I'm stupid and need to grow up :(

So when can I find that time when I'm really good at something? They won't let me take graphic design classes here, I'm gonna graduate two years late.....I don't know what to do :(

I just wish I had friends like yours -_-

Oh my god, YES!?!

The way people talk about relationships and behave around me when I tell them I'm not in one, it makes me feel almost abnormal. But I love being single. I love having a whole house to myself, full of my stuff. I love being able to unwind in my own space, spend my time the way want to. (Within reason; I still have to work.)

Relationships require a lot of time, dedication, and the willingness to share ones own personal space and life with another. I don't want that. Certainly not now, and probably not for a long while. Right now, I'm happy living my own life. I want to build a life for myself which is secure, comfortable and happy... and then, maybe, I'll consider sharing it with another person.

• Brohoof 2

You know, I've never really been in an actual relationship. I was technically in one for 3 days over the summer, but I got sucked into that because I was foolish and did not put a foot down and say no. I did not really have feelings for her and should not have given her a false hope.

Edit: I failed to answer the original question. Sure single is being fine, but I don't really have much of anything to compare it to. I'm also sure a genuine relationship is just as good as being single if not better in some instances.

• Brohoof 2

I very much enjoy being single. Being able to spend my free time how I want is fantastic.

My past relationships were not that good, and they make me enjoy being single even more.

• Brohoof 2

Lol wowee, I'm such an awkward person. I mean im fine being single; I have been for like 2 1/2 years...but jeez whenever I get a crush i squash it immediately cause I get so dang nervous.

Like right now I still sorta like this guy in a couple of my classes. But every single time he talks to me I start to sweat and my hands get clammy. :(

Bleh, I'll probably stay single until I gain some confidence :muffins:

Edited by Cupcakes14

im happy i am now a bit sad i had to break up becouse of no appartment and hardly any money and no job but other then that im glad i went single and i will be like that for a long time but for internet dating...maybe but just want to focus on what i want to do for now.

Since you know me so well I'm curious to know when you think such a time could come for me :) As my cousins have so openly expressed going to acting school is stupid and pointless so I might as well throw that out the window -_- So.....what else can I do? :( That was my passion....and they said it's useless because if I seriously believe I'm gonna make a career out of that then I'm stupid and need to grow up :(

So when can I find that time when I'm really good at something? They won't let me take graphic design classes here, I'm gonna graduate two years late.....I don't know what to do :(

I just wish I had friends like yours -_-

You can try to not listen to your cousins and use all the money you have saved up to move out or go to some acting school over there in your country, if they have any. You could try to do research on what jobs are in highest demand and see if you like any of them. That's all the advice I can give you for now. Good luck.

You can try to not listen to your cousins and use all the money you have saved up to move out or go to some acting school over there in your country, if they have any. You could try to do research on what jobs are in highest demand and see if you like any of them. That's all the advice I can give you for now. Good luck.

Dude honestly I think you're insane for even suggesting that I move out while I'm still here ^_^ That's signing my death sentence, you know how dangerous it is here :okiedokielokie: And there is no such thing as acting school here, so pretty much if I'm not able to leave the country I'll be stuck here with no future -_- I'll be an adult working a boring operator job (since that's honestly what I'm most qualified for here) still living with the family, single and friendless ^_^ Some life -_-

I don't like being single... there's someone in my school I really like but they probably don't like me.

I know that feel. I've known that feel all too well.

There were times during my teenage years where I would have said I was happy being single. In fact, I even would have gone as far as to say I never wanted it any other way... I was just being dramatic...

Not for even a single minute in the last seven years have I ever been happy being single (when I have been so, of course). Although I know that under my circumstances it is as it should be. It would be so selfish of me to be in a relationship. But I am so weak, so wanting for one, that I would probably take it if I could... I need that immature dramatic teenager mindset back, right now! lol

There were times during my teenage years where I would have said I was happy being single. In fact, I even would have gone as far as to say I never wanted it any other way... I was just being dramatic...

Not for even a single minute in the last seven years have I ever been happy being single (when I have been so, of course). Although I know that under my circumstances it is as it should be. It would be so selfish of me to be in a relationship. But I am so weak, so wanting for one, that I would probably take it if I could... I need that immature dramatic teenager mindset back, right now! lol

I used to be the exact same way. I've dated so many people in my life because I felt like I "needed" someone. All you ever need is yourself though! Trust me, don't jump into a relationship unless you're sure the person is good for you. I've had so many broken heart moments due to my immaturity.