Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy being single?

Discolt

Eh, it honestly depends on the day.  Most days, yeah, I'm perfectly fine being single because it seems to give me a lot of free time.  I can't say from personal experience, but romantic relationships appear to require a lot of effort from both parties and I'm not sure if I'm mentally capable of holding up my end of the bargain at this point in my life.  It's a lot of stress that I really don't need while I'm in my last years of college.  There's the rare days where I wonder what it would be like, but those are few and far between enough that I can generally ignore them.

• Brohoof 2

I'm single,and I guess you could say that I'm happy that I don't have to go through all the troubles with having a relationship.

But,I still can't help but feel like I want a person to cuddle with. Not that my plushies are bad or anything. It's just that they're too tiny to cuddle.

Lately I really have been in the hating my single status phase frequently....I even get a sick feeling in my stomach when I hear girls in school talk about a couple they know or a guy they like. The only person who could love me nowadays would be a boyfriend, so not having one anymore sucks alot :( I want to feel accepted and loved for who I am as a person. I want to have someone I can trust with anything and talk to about any topic under the sun....I just want to be myself with someone again to the fullest extent.

That desire doesn't mean I'll get with the first guy who (miraculously) shows an interest in me :) I've definitely developed some trust issues due to my breakup so getting with me won't be easy at all. Just because I'm lonely doesn't mean I'm desperate. I want company sure, but a partner should be more than that, and that's something all you singles should keep in mind. Don't just be with someone because you want to have someone so badly the desire just eats at you. Be careful and think about what you're getting yourself into. There's a lesser chance of you hurting your partner that way ;)

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 1

Meh, I could take it or leave it. It's not that I'm happy about it and I do get lonely quite often, but I'm just not a big fan of people. I can't see myself being in a relationship with most girls so I guess I don't actively look for dates/relationships, but that's not to say I wouldn't ever at least try with somebody who I felt I'd get along with

(edited)

Not really sure, I was easily more happier when dating my gf but with how that turned out, I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to relationships (and people overall). I'm sure as hell not happy being single, but it's not the end of the world for me. It would be nice to have a gf though.

Really wish people would stop with that cruel as fuck saying "you can't love someone else until you love yourself uwu", nice job saying that someone doesn't deserve to feel love towards others just because they don't love themself.

Edited by Wheatley

• 5 years later...
(edited)

Yeah relationships kinda suck. I mean I like the closeness but not the needyness and the things that hold u down. Another is when u get to know someone well u also get to know their faults very very well ;P 

And also it makes it easier to shut out other ppl, but then again u can make friends through ur relationship too so ye

Edited by flurry

Oh, absolutely. It's very easy to think about and focus on myself and what I'm trying to accomplish. I still live with parents (I'm not old enough to live on my own) and I appreciate their company, so I'm not lonely and I have just enough of it.

(edited)

I am indeed happy being single. Will most likely be looking for a girlfriend in the coming months if not years though.

It won't be too long before I will be owning a house, and having kids at some point would be nice.

Edited by Yakamaru
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Yep and I’m happy with it. I’ll meet my person when the times right and I don’t need another person to feel validated. I’m happy with myself

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've been single for multiple years and it's only shown me how great it is to NOT have to make concessions for someone else, NOT change your lifestyle decisions or general sense of culture to fit someone else's comfort, to NOT be weighed down by someone else's insecurities, demands, and ultimately it protects you from being a toy merely used to project someone else's overblown ego. I would "someday" IF I found the right individual that is of my likeness or "similar culture"(goals/standards) I would allow them into my life and we could hopefully make each other happy without getting totally sick of each other, bc I am very serious about fidelity not just of the utmost importance of your partner but even your friends... happiness doesn't come from others and if you can't find love within yourself you will never truthfully be happy yourself, you will be masquerading a confident facade merely using others as props of self validation, when really you are miserable, the people you've surrounded yourself with are miserable, and you are using some kind of desperate man's mentality to give yourself validation by pathetically comparing yourself to someone that doesn't have to be completely fake and disingenuous to be happy, they found that happiness by BEING THEMSELVES. Don't "change" or bend over backwards to impress ANYONE, not even your own father.. let alone some hormonal bimbo that is just using you for her own corrupt subjective reasoning. You have to be logical and understanding when considering the type of "future" you will or more often WONT have with this temporary individual, shackling yourself to someone is admirable, when the two are admirable people... That say and do admirable things, that want to live an admirable life... But the petty behavior of some of these people with regret, repression, and an overall sense of "boredom" of the relationship, leads some people keeping what should be a dead relationship alive, at the expense of not just themselves but other people around them. ACCOUNTABILITY is the next most important thing in a serious relationship, and a lot of people just inherently do not possess this.. two desperate individuals just looking for social validation, just wanting to scream to the world "I succeeded" isn't happiness, I mean... I guess it could be worse, but it's not enviable by ANY measure by someone that isn't totally simping bc they are horny, or lonely, or don't want to look like some kind of "loser" for being alone. Nah bud, you aren't gonna "look" like anything by putting yourself in a losing situation to look like a winner, you are just going to objectively/subjectively lose yourself bc you weren't being yourself(or even worse you were) when you built up this desperate scramble for companionship that has ultimately betrayed you bc they weren't founded on genuine feelings of love, or a deep connection formed over a long period of time, nope just that lusty infatuation humans call "love".. "I'd sleep with her and she agrees with everything I say, what a keeper" nice to know you're an easy sell... Some of us are just not an easy sell, we want real companionship, real experiences we can remember forever with someone that wants the same thing, we want loyalty, compassion, understanding, accountability, as and MOST OF ALL "actual LOVE" it's not something you can have for non friends or non family, you can't see someone and "be in love" no you are ATTRACTED, it sometimes takes YEARS for ppl to realize their true feelings for each other, and these bonds formed from true friendship will lead you to the answers you are looking for about "who will best compliment my life, make me happy, support my decisions, keep me grounded from making terrible decisions, and most of ALL share something with me they can't/wouldn't with ANYONE else.

Edited by KingCorvus

I mean don't get me wrong. I could see myself mostly satisfied with life being single if everything else went right as desired.

I've just come to realize overtime l like I'll never be complete without a special someone. That "uncertainty" of "will I ever NOT be single" makes it hard to really come to closure with it too. Not that I want to be completely disfigured (or similar/worse) for me to really be convinced it'll be this way forever..

• Brohoof 1