Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP is not about sexuality

~Fluttershy~

I've been gay long before MLP:FiM was around.Though I've had the odd hater comment saying "You like ponies? Are you gay?" Like the troll I can be,I say "Yea, so what?"This is mostly online for Xbox too. Otherwise, I don't really get any hate about it.

Yes I'm gay, Yes I'm a brony. so what? What's it to you?People that comment on you have to be gay to like MLP, must be insecure about their masculinity....(as it's mostly/usually guys saying this sort of stuff)

That doesn't really help our case here though, it kind of gives them ammo to fire at us. Nothing wrong with being gay, just saying. Off topic, your profile pic scares me.

We can keep telling haters and trolls this until we are blue in the face and it won't make a difference, some of them just use it as a cheap insult and some are dumb enough to actually believe it and none of them are worth listening to. If bronies are gay than how in the hell does that explain cloppers? Sure not every brony is a clopper but there are a lot more of them than are actually to admit to it. We all know this argument is ridiculous but haters and trolls don't respond to logic or anything for that matter with anything other than just more trolling.

Well, I'm gay, and I like MLP, but the two are completely unrelated. My attraction to men has nothing to do with my love for ponies, and vice versa. The people who make these kind of assumptions tend to be ignorant jerks anyway, so it's really no use paying any attention to them in the first place. *shrug*

I'm straight, and I love MLP.

People who say things are gay when they don't like them generally don't know what they're talking about.

Just like people who say MLP is gay have never watched the show.

Just think about all of the converted haters out there.

I always wondered about the haters. They brand male fans of MLP:FIM as gay, but not male fans of professional wrestling. Don't take this the wrong way, but how come they think watching sweaty muscular scantily clad men groping each other isn't gay, but watching MLP is?

(Just trying to lighten things up!)

• Brohoof 2

Unfortunately, our society is and always will be dictated by stereotypes. There is no doubt that despite Lauren Faust, the other writers and staffs' intentions and goals, MLP:FiM was and still is a show heavily and largely largely marketed towards younger girls and their parents. Because of the connotation that MLP:FiM is a "girl's show" and thus feminine, the norms of our society tell us that males who watch it are very possibly gay, bisexual or not "manly."

This is far from the 1st time these silly and outdated offensive stereotypes applied. Not too long ago men who enjoyed cooking, poetry and gardening, and wearing pink or doing "women's activities" like shopping were considered girly, gay or even weak. On a similar tangent, smart book focused men were considered antisocial, awkward, weak and unfavorable. Don't believe me? Watch every other Big Bang Theory episode. Its a great show but the stereotypes can really be overdone. 

On the other spectrum somehow girls that get involved in more athletic sports and activities like MMA and basketball are often considered less attractive. Moreover those that engage in "male activities" are considered either tomboys and gay like a certain pegasus we all know. dry.png No really, as much as we may dislike being stereotyped and hated, we do it just as often as the rest of society does.

When was the last time Rainbow Dash WAS NOT in a lesbian shipfic?  Who was the last STALLION she was actually shipped with? In fact if anything in her biggest episode Sonic Rainboom the 1 scene that would indicate her sexuality would indicate she's straight:

And I can't overemphasize how redundant it is that every other fic out there straight out assumes that Lyra & Bon Bon and Vinyl & Octavia are somehow intimate lesbian lovers. Don't get me wrong I support gay equality and don't mind the ships as anyone else, but why does every time 2 same sex individuals hang out frequently together or share a living space are automatically gay? Does that mean that Charlie and Alan in Two and a Half Men are secret passionate gay lovers? 

We stereotype ourselves as much as others do to us. Sadly there will always be narrow minded folks who view shows and genres like MLP:FiM through a narrow view.  Please go outside the box that some ficwriters or artists on 4chan and Youtube spread across the web in their videos and fanfics and think for yourselves beyond the stereotypes. 

This show deserves better and so does its fans. It is so much more than the cheap stereotypes and marketing that its made to out to be.

I think calling someone gay for watching mlp is probably one of the most ignorant things you could do, this also relates to the whole society and gender role thing.

A gender role is "a theoretical construct in the social sciences and humanities that refers to a set of social and behavioral norms that, within a specific culture, are widely considered to be socially appropriate for individuals of a specific sex. Socially accepted gender roles differ widely between different cultures." 

Or in other words, guys can only act like guys, and girls can only act like girls which, is completely stupid in a modern society if you'd ask me. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how we can have a legitimate discussion about this when the op is so poorly writtern and frankly dumb. Of course there's plenty of straight ppl who love MLP. I do think it's extremely silly for anyone to be a homophobe and like MLP however.

Being offended by being called gay just adds to the trolls ammo.

but im stright, i like my women alot. well woman. anyway.. I understand why people say if guys watch MLP, that their gay.. since well MLP FIM is targeted towards little girls, believe it or not.. ever notice there arent as many males as females? anywho, point is, dont talk about MLP outside the fandom, unless you feel compelled to get targeted tongue.png

you know, I'd think watching a show with 90% females seems more like something men would watch.I mean, think about it.

I always wondered about the haters. They brand male fans of MLP:FIM as gay, but not male fans of professional wrestling. Don't take this the wrong way, but how come they think watching sweaty muscular scantily clad men groping each other isn't gay, but watching MLP is?

(Just trying to lighten things up!)

Well for more of what you said first off, I was a HUGE hater. Though my past reasons weren't very good. I can explain why I hated it.

• Brohoof 1

Takes a fair ammount of suffering and experience to really understand in depth most of the messages within MLP. Many of them are related with traits people usually tend to forget along they keep growing, or just they are lacking of. Which is why MLP is teaching young ones.
Many of the messages inside this show, you won't be able to understand unless you happened to live through many difficulties along life.

Most people just talk about MLP, without even knowing a single thing about it. Others just take the pain they carry inside and spread it around in form of hate, throught physical violence, sexual acts or psychological aggression, 'cause they can't keep with it anymore.
Most of them just talk what they have inside, many other are incapable, yet, of feeling certain emotional patterns, wich come along lfe, with particular life experiences, mostly related with suffering. The same way some humans don't value what they have, until it's lost.

So, you shouldn't be angry at them, but feel pity and compassion for their lifes instead. At the end, that means they'll have to suffer throught a lot a things in order to grow up, in this life, the next one or the next after.

Back in time, some great being, which died hanging with his hands and feets nailed into a cross, gave a message no one was able to understand, not even their followers. The people was looking for salvation, without have even known hell yet. He gave a message to help them become better persons. And that was, "Carry on with your pain along the way, don't let it behind or take it agaisnt your brohers either. By doing that, you won't learn anything"

So, when the wolves come looking for you, just turn the other cheek instead of hitting them back. It's the only way out of this place, otherwise, you'll continue to born into this world, over and over again, until you've understood the reason why humans have came first into this place. And the pain is gonna increase drastically like happened with the ones who turned their backs on Mikael, and then died by the hands of the swastika cross. Forced to accept the only way out of this place. Unfortunately, there is no other way to make transcend a soul.

I know it's hard to understand. It sounds borderline insane, and I'm sorry, but hear me out this time, please. So you'll be able grow up into a better human being.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I could never understand why people would say that about a show . People mock what they don't understand, they don't understand FIM, so they make ridiculous accusations about it. And lets say the rule 34 stuff might not be helping. You see all this stuff on google, but even than you never really see male ponies. And this show mostly features girls , so therefore I have come to the realization that FIM is manly. ;)

I've liked girls way before I started liking ponies, although I suppose this topic is more for the male bronies of the forums, but I just want to say how frustrating and annoying it is that people throw around "gay" like it's some sort of insult. I know it's talked about a lot, but c'mon.

Liking a show shouldn't define you of your sexuality. 

Also after hearing Toys R US. getting rid of their boy/girl toy aisles, it's cool. Showing that you don't have to conform to what society wants you to be. I see girls playing video games like Call Of Duty all the time. and I treat them like any other player.

42997061.jpg

Liked boys long before ponies ever become apart of anything relating to my interests img-1990566-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, the show isn't why I'm pansexual.

I'm pansexual because I appreciate everyone's booty.

So.

Really, it's just picking on the people that are easily upset because for some reason people think gay is insulting.

Just ignore them or say "yes, it makes me very happy".

Because I bet 99.9% of those trolls don't even know that it has a dual-meaning.

Edit:

Made a grammar error.

Edited by Queenie

To be fair, we are watching a show targeted towards little girls. :P

But it's not really a determination of someone's sexuality. There are plenty of straight people who are fans of the show, even though I think we have more homosexual people in our fanbase than the average one. Not that it really matters anyway, what most trolls don't understand is that being gay shouldn't be used as an insult. It's your sexuality, not your character.

• Brohoof 1