Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP is not about sexuality

~Fluttershy~

@@Dark Qiviut

I don't wish to argue. In the least, and especially because I don't have the post count to continue following my threads into the Debate Section. But unfortunately I do not believe in the least I'll be able to explain myself to the exacting standards someone of your caliber no doubt expects. You've not only confused me for someone who advocates "Brony" as a blanket term, but you've completely twisted what I said around twice now into some sort of insane justification of bullying. For the third, and I assure you final time I'm going to explain it.

When I mention masculinity, I did not:

Under any circumstances, value of x, in any other language, syntax or archaic spelling compare masculinity to femininity.

Bolded for emphasis, because clearly there's a disgusting school of thought that automatically equates a lack of masculinity with an increase in femininity or vice versa.

Your previous post and last paragraph in particular implies that the brony haters are justified to bully bronies simply for watching a pro-feminist, family-family product with a past of poor quality by masking it as "attacking 'faux-masculinity'" via anti-LGBT garbage, and though your long-winded answer, you continued the transparent justification here:

I do not like assumptions being made of me. I enjoy accusations even less. Stubborn refusal to step down off the soapbox and explore the crowd is downright intolerable, especially considering I can tell you're incredibly passionate about LGBT rights. As I've said, I've spent more time than the last two and a half generations of My Little Pony working to advance the basic right for myself and the rest of the LGBTalphabetsoup in no less than four different groups. But...

Let it be known that to continue to suggest otherwise will be regarded and responded to as character attacks.

Yeah, I see that from time to time... never happens to me though. I avoid the places where people say that sort of stuff, first off. Secondly, I'm not a male. So I mean, you can call me a lesbian for liking MLP. But you'd only be half-right.  ;)

Anyway, this whole macho thing that society makes guys have is utterly ridiculous to me. As well as the fact that gay men are so belittled for it, whilst lesbians can get away scotch free because it's "hot." If that makes you feel bad, being called gay for liking MLP, I can understand why. I won't tell you to not let it bother you, because I blame our society, not the poor victims of it. Society instills males just with this... insatiable desire to be "manly" at all times and makes them out as lesser people if they don't fit up to the standard.

Just remember this; there's nothing inherently wrong with being gay. It doesn't mean anything, it doesn't mean a lack of masculinity or more femininity or whatever. It just means a different kind of love. If you're called it for liking MLP, just try to regard it as a neutral thing. Nether bad or good. It just IS. Like if somebody called you a potato, it'd be silly to be insulted by it. Because it doesn't mean anything. A potato just IS.

Liking a silly cartoon show really doesn't say much about your sexuality anyway, but more about your overall personality and interests. You could like it 'cause you like cartoons in general, because you like anime and it reminds you of it, because the show's saccharine cuteness is refreshing to you in media that is dominated primarily by cynicism, or maybe even just because you like the way the ponies look. There's a myriad of reasons. And hell, one of those could even be because you prefer girlier things. But that also doesn't indicate anything.

The sooner society can get over its silly stigma of homosexual males and lack of masculinity, the happier we'll all be, I think.

Ahh the insults from people trying to beat down a person... 

When someone is encountered with this kind of thing it is best to just brush of the comments others make. Just because you enjoy something, whatever it may be , does not make you something that you are not. When people say stuff like this, they want to get underneath your skin and get a reaction out of you. And those who enjoy trying to make others feel bad about themselves are just mean hearted people in general.

There is nothing wrong with people being gay or anything of that sort you chose to be happy in your life disregarding what others think.

Let's keep our focus on the issues up for discussion, and not on what a particular stance on the issue reveals about another's character. Some of these posts are veering away from the topic at hand. 

• 7 years later...