Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Robots and Foal-sitters (Comedy, SoL)

ReverieRiver

(( Link to OOC thread can be found here. This thread will be starting after Galatea has already been turned into a filly; it'd be kind of pointless to describe what's already been explained in the OOC thread, and I just want to get to the more interesting parts, hehe. ))

"Why are we out here again?" the little red filly asked in a complaining tone, her muzzle scrunching slightly as she looked up at the pony that the query had been directed at.

"I told you, Galatea, we're going to find somepony that might be able to help us with our problem," Nano responded calmly. The two were walking alongside one another out on the streets.

"But we don't need anypony helping us!" Galatea exclaimed. "I was this close to fixing that thing!" She stopped walking for a moment to raise her front hooves, holding them inches apart to emphasize her point.

"You were also that close to giving yourself a concussion," the robot stallion noted with a mildly concerned note in his metallic voice, as he recalled the last time Galatea tried to work on the experiment that had given her this new form. Stubbornly, she had refused any help, even when she was unable to reach her usual worktable. Instead she had opted to build a tower of books upon which she tried to climb, only to end up tumbling down along with the books when she'd lost balance. She'd hit her head, but thankfully it had only been a slight bump, nothing more - although Nano had suffered a few moments of panic for that.

Galatea huffed softly. "You just worry too much, Nano."

Nano made a sound like a sigh, turning his gaze skywards for a moment or two before looking down at the filly once more. "Of course I worry, I worry about you, especially with the way you are now..."

"And what's that supposed to mean?!" she demanded, her high voice pitching up even higher into a very fillyish squeak.

Oh Celestia, somepony please help me... Nano thought desperately. Never before had his creator, his mother, acted so difficult with him. But then again, he had never seen her as a filly before. At first, it had been fine, though Galatea was continually frustrated by the limitations of the more diminutive form. Then she started becoming more and more like a brattish filly as time went on. It didn't help him, knowing that he had next to no experience in dealing with fillies so young as Galatea was now physically.

The arguments, the tantrums... it may have appeared almost comical to others, but to Nano, it was simply stressful, almost overwhelming in that it was his first time dealing with anything like this.

(( Okay, 2,000+ characters! Wow. I've never quite written this much in a single post before. Now, everypony, have at it! ))

(( EDIT: Just now realized that I never actually linked to the OOC thread... Whoops. ))

Edited by Miss Reaper
  • Brohoof 1

Guardian Angel was out in a field doing his daily training session. He did flips, kicks, counters, jabs, and the whole nine yards. When his training came to an end. He did a spinning ax kick to a dead tree. The force of his kick was enough to shatter the tree into splinters. He wiped the sweat from his brow and sat down to catch his breath.

A few moments go by when a voice enters his ears. It sounded so very different from anything he has ever heard of. Curiously, he followed the sound until he saw a small red filly, and a large blue stallion. The stallion was like nothing he has ever laid eyes on. What he found very odd was the way it talked. It sounded so metallic.

Being a very kind stallion, he approached the two in a very friendly manner. "Good day you two, I was resting not too far from hear when I over heard some of your conversation. Is there anything that I may be of service to?" he said while bowing his head.

@@Miss Reaper,@,

Muddle always enjoyed days like this: Sunny skies, no clouds, and almost no pony outside to call her crazy or weird. Just the simple times where she could walk though a city's streets and just relax. "Wonderful isn't it Shadow?" She asked to the open air beside her. She had taken the train from Manehatten to this new town in order to take her mind off of a few things back home, and it was paying off.

Shadow however on the other hand was in a state of paranoia. "No, I'm not buying it." Muddle gave her shadow an inquisitive look, to show she had no idea about what it was talking about. "This month alone we have: been sent to an apocalyptic future, Got involved in some weird mystery, and worst of all... Turmoil." Muddle cringed, and hooves rose to her mouth as Shadow mention that last name. Clearly some horrible memory was tied to name Turmoil, but she would rather not remember. "You expect me to be calm while you go on another one of your little 'trips' out of town? Wake me up when the sun falls out of the sky."

Muddle gave her shadow an inquisitive look, "Why would the sun do that." Shadow didn't waste it's time to look at Muddle as it yawned, "I'm sure you'll find a way."

Muddle continued walking. She just thought her shadow was being over dramatic, and paid it's words little to no attention. As she continued to walk down the street, she saw: a stallion, a filly, and what looked like a robotic pony. She jumped as her shadow appeared beside her and said. "You want to go see the robotic pony don't you?"

"N-no, what ever gave you that idea?"

Shadow raised a hoof to it's head in disappointment and said, "Just go."

Edited by danzxc123

@@,

Galatea was the first to spot the approaching stallion. She felt a strong pang of self-consciousness - she didn't want anypony else seeing her like this! - and tried to hide herself behind Nano's legs before he fully stopped in his stride. As a result, Nano stumbled slightly over the small filly, which elicited a yelp from Galatea before she quickly moved to hide herself behind him once more. "Galatea, please... Stop with this irrational behavior," he said to the filly pleadingly before noticing the stallion that had approached them.

"Ah, greetings, sir. Pardon us if we disturbed you," the robot stallion said politely. His blue eyes automatically glanced down at the filly still hiding when the other stallion asked if there was anything he may be of service to. "I'd hate to be a burden, but there is a little problem. You see, this filly here... Er, she's been more of a hoofful than I find myself able to handle." For a few moments, Nano deliberated on elaborating upon his explanation before deciding that that was all that needed to be said for the moment.

Meanwhile, Galatea poked her head out from behind Nano's legs when she noticed a certain mare. It seemed for a minute that said mare was talking to herself... but the filly was quickly distracted from those thoughts, instead going back to hiding the moment the mare looked their way. It was embarrassing to Galatea, others seeing her in this more vulnerable form; but naturally, her behavior would likely be interpreted as that of a shy filly that's timid around strangers.

@@Miss Reaper,

Muddle slowly approached the three... two ponies that were standing around talking to each.

She approached the group and meant to tell them all hi, but the filly she saw glancing at her from the side of the robots hoof was just to cute. She lowered herself to the fillys' height and said, "Hello," softly. 

Edited by danzxc123

Guardian watched as the little filly hid behind the stallions leg. He inwardly Awwww'ed at the sight. If there is one thing that no pony knows is that he has a soft spot for anything cute. The cuteness he was witnessing was actually overloading his brain and he just promptly, and comically, passed out from overdose of adorable cuteness.

(((HA owned)))

• Brohoof 1

Eavesdropping was something of a speciality of Cinders.

Of course, it wasn't something that she had ever been proud of, or wanted to be good at even. She was simply too curious for her own good. Every little sound could easily be a new idea or invention just waiting to be created and so she found her ears flicking to the sounds of whispers, shouts and private conversations more often than what might be good for her.

'A problem...?'

Problems were another speciality of hers: or so she would tell anypony that would listen. It wasn't far from the truth: she did indeed tend to be good at solving problems. Unfortunately, this tended to involve causing a number of new ones in the process of doing so... unintentionally of course!

She approached the cluster of ponies, addressing the interesting looking one who she had overheard as she stepped carefully over the body on the ground - far more interested in whatever this 'problem' might be than why the colt was sleeping in the street.

@@Miss Reaper,

"Uhm, excuse me! Can I help?" She asked cheerfully. "I'm good with... uh... some things!"

Some things... She could successfully build, fix, invent or improvise just about anything... given enough time and a liberal interpretation of the word 'successfully'. She knew that - whatever the problem was - there would be some way she could help!

@@, @,

Nano stepped towards the fainted stallion, his expression one of concern. "My goodness! Sir, are you alright? Sir?" he asked worriedly, uncertain of what had caused the stallion to faint in the first place.

Meanwhile, Galatea, left without a hiding spot the moment Nano moved away, looked at him pleadingly. "Nano..." she whined quietly, wishing him to return simply so she could hide behind him again. Then she looked up at the mare that now spoke to her, her ears folding down and her large honey-colored eyes beginning to glimmer with the onset of tears as she was reminded just how small she was compared to most every other pony now. "H-Hi," she managed to respond after a few moments.

Nano looked up from the stallion on the ground when the other mare approached asking if she could help. "It's kind of you to offer, miss," he said, once more polite. "Er, I just have a small problem relating to this filly over here. I hate to burden you with my troubles, but I do not know what else to do."

@@Miss Reaper,

Soon enough, Guardian regained his unconsciousness just in time to see the little filly's ears fold back and her eyes glisten with tears. This simple feat was enough to cause his brain to overload from cuteness. He foamed from the mouth as inside his mind the same phrase repeated, 'overload, overload, overload, cuteness level is OVER 9000!' and once again, he passed out.

@@Miss Reaper,

"Oh?" Cinder answered, a little disappointed that the problem didn't involve anything relating to her particular talents. Still, she wasn't the type to back out of helping however she could. "Well... I used to foalsit for my neighbours. They fired me but... that was about something else. Freak accident - not my fault in any way, shape or form!"

Looking down at the little brown filly, she gave her friendliest smile - one that she reserved for children, strangers who were particularly kind and her sister when she was being particularly ditzy.

"Oh hey there!" She exclaimed in an overdramatised voice that matched the smile perfectly. "I'm Cinder, what's your name?"

Virvidian was napping, in a tree when he heard a commotion.

"Whu- whoah!" He said as he fell, and hit the dirt. "Ouch..."

He looked to the area where the commotion is.

It looked like nano, was looking over what seemed to be a filly galatea.

"Shardz? You wanna go come and see whats up?"

Virvidian asked.

"Why not. I might as well."

She said.

@@Miss Reaper,@,@,

Muddle was happy to see the filly speaking to her, but she just couldn't think of what to say. She was just amazed by how cute the pony looked, until she noticed the stallion faint. That drew her attention away from the child for a moment. It turns out while she was distracted a mare had started talking to the robotic pony, seeing the stallion and the mare she assumed they were the filly's parents. She took another look at the stallion, and assumed the worst.

Muddle spoke in a worried voice, "Oh no!" She turned towards the filly and spoke in a very poor attempt at a reassuring voice, "Don't worry I'll save daddy." She quickly ran over and started to try to revive the pony, hoping that the filly wouldn't have to witness her father's death.

Edited by danzxc123

@@, @, @,

"Uh... sir?" Nano said, now with more concern than before. Hesitantly, the robot pony gently prodded the fainted stallion with his hoof, hoping futilely to stir him. Nano's ears folded down for a moment before he looked to Cinder. "I am glad to hear that, I suppose. I have no experience whatsoever with fillies..."

Galatea mentally cringed when she heard the overly friendly voice directed towards her. It reminded her all the more of the young body she was unfortunately trapped in, which only embarrassed and upset her even more; she was now barely holding onto the last traces of the self-control she had as a grown mare. In spite of that, though, she managed to answer, "Galatea..."

She then looked over at Muddle as the mare rushed over to Guardian after saying something about saving "daddy." The filly let out a confused noise, and had been about to say something until she noticed that even more ponies had taken notice of them. She couldn't take it; she hadn't really expected anypony to see her like this, let alone so many! "N-Nano!" she cried, her voice breaking as if she were about to burst into tears.

Nano went to her at once upon hearing her. "Galatea, what is wrong?" Without responding, Galatea promptly hid herself behind Nano again, trying her best to make sure she was completely out of sight. At that, Nano noted, "You know you cannot simply continue to hide like this..."

"Shut up!"

Guardian shot upwards into a sitting position. His eyes glazed over, and the foam gone. He looked around frantically, as if trying to find somepony. His ocean blue eyes landed on the mare that was trying to help him. He looked deep inter her eyes, "WHAT YEAR IS IT?!?" he shouted.

(((please, someone get the reference)))

@@Miss Reaper,

Cinders jaw dropped for the briefest of moments at hearing the sweet little filly give the order to 'shut up'. Kneeling down to look her in the eye, the dusty earth mare gave her a disappointed shake of the head. "Galatea! As much as that's a very pretty name, that's not a very nice thing to say, is it? Who taught you to say things like that?" She lectured. "Don't you think you should say you're sorry?"

Her lecture was cut short by the dramatised display from the colt in the ground, who she promptly took a step away from - not wanting to risk catching whatever form of 'crazy' was effecting him. She had seen enough crazy already without picking up any more from strangers.

"Oh... My.. gosh.. You are so CUTE!" Virvidian said, while looking at filly Galetea.

"Waitaminute, Nano, what happened?"

Shardz asked. "Im gonna guess this, but i think thats a time clone of galetea."

She made a wild guess out of the blue.

(Gettit? Out of the blue? The text is blue? LOL!)

"I dont care! Shes the cutest little filly i've seen!"

@@@@,

Galatea narrowed her eyes and scrunched her muzzle, giving an expression that showed she clearly was not in the mood for a lecture. She didn't want to hear any of it, especially since she wasn't (in mind) a filly that needed to be lectured. It only irked her further.

With the stallion's outburst, Nano immediately picked Galatea up to hold her protectively in his arms, scooting a couple of paces away. It was a reflexive action, stemming from his instinct to protect his creator. However, Galatea didn't take to being handled in such a way so kindly. She started kicking and flailing her small hooves, complaining, "Put me down, put me down!" This only caused Nano to hold onto her a little tighter, not wanting to let her near the stallion until he was a bit more certain about said stallion's mental state.

When Shardz and Virvidian approached him, fawning over the young Galatea and asking what had happened, Nano started to reply, "Well, er, you see -"

"Too tight!" Galatea suddenly whined, cutting the robot pony off as she squirmed in his embrace. Apparently, he had tightened his grasp a little too much as the other two ponies had approached.

"M-My apologies, Galatea..." Nano said as he loosened his embrace slightly.

The moment he did so, the little red filly wriggled free from his grasp, which ended up in her falling the relatively short distance to the ground and landing flat on her belly. She groaned, dazed for a moment as she stood back up and shook her head.

"Oh, dear! Galatea, are you alright?" Nano asked, seeming concerned.

"I'm fine, Nano," she answered, still conveying a fairly annoyed tone. Again, she thought of how Nano really did worry too much, especially since she accidentally turned herself into a filly. He panicked over every little thing, much like a certain timid yellow pegasus he knew. Hmph, if I'd known he would have spent so much time around someone so... easily scared, I would have done everything in my power to prevent it, she thought, keeping the words to herself for the moment.

Virvidian Smiled, and said.

"Nano, Is it alright if i give her a cupcake from Sugar Cube Corner?" He flew upwards.

"Excuse my friend. He really does mean well. Hes just a wee bit.. Insane on a safe level." Shardz said, and looked at the little galatea. "Okay. So. Please tell me what happened please."

Snapping out of his daze, Guardian's face grows bright red as he realizes just how much of a creep he made himself look. He mentally scolded himself. "I am terribly sorry for the way I acted earlier," he said getting up and rubbing the back of his neck, "When I see something cute, I tend to....overreact." he finished with a blush from embarrassment.

Muddle let go of the stallion as he got up. She was relieved to see that he was alright. "That was too~" Her sentence was cut short by counting... her shadow's counting. "Three... Four... Five... the robot six. Six." She scratched her head wondering what her shadow meant. "What?" She accidentally said out loud. "Your talking to six ponies." She shook her head to deny the obvious mistake her shadow had made. "No I'm not." Her shadow started to cry tears of fake joy when it said, "Yes you are... Two more showed up when you were talking care of the stallion." It sniffled, "And I thought you were some socially awkward freak." 

Muddles eyes widened with fear, as she tried to calmly back away from the group. Only to be pushed forward by her shadow. "Nope you still are." It smiled as it said, "Back in you go."

With no means of escape, and a situation that may get awkward if she spoke while she was this nervous. Muddle tried to concentrate her thought on what the ponies were saying, rather than them being there. "I... will" She thought, but last part of her sentence accidentally came out as a low mumble, "Murder... you..."

She hoped no one had heard and continued listening to the conversation.

@,@,@@Miss Reaper,

((In hindsight, perhaps I shouldn't have let so many into the thread... Welp, there's nothing that can be done about it now! derpy_emoticon1.png ))

Nano looked over at Guardian, eyeing him for a moment. "That is... fine, I suppose," he responded to the stallion's apology, while Galatea couldn't help but sulk at the fact that she was inherently cute enough to bring about such a reaction from the stallion. I'm not supposed to be cute! was all she could think. I'm not supposed to be a filly to begin with!

For a moment, Nano perked his ears as he thought he heard something a little... out of place in the current conversation. But he soon dismissed it, presuming it to be nothing but his own over-active CPU; just like any pony mind, sometimes his processor played tricks on him. He then looked up curiously at Virvidian as the pegasus flew up, his ears swiveling towards Shardz at the same time. "Er... Okay," was all he said in reply.

Galatea looked up at Shardz when she asked her to tell what had happened. After a few moments, the filly sighed and started to explain. "Alright... First off, I should say that I am an engineer. I design mechanical tools, devices, things like that. But one day, one of my experiments went wrong. It backfired! And now... Now I'm stuck in the body of a stupid! Little! Filly!" Getting frustrated, she stamped one of her small hooves to punctuate the last few words, emphasizing her feelings about the situation. Her voice had also cracked, for she was on the verge of crying from the sheer frustration and embarrassment of this entire ordeal; it took every last ounce of her willpower and determination to hold on to her self-control - the only traces of the grown mare she was that now remained - to keep herself from completely breaking down.

She didn't even know if any of the ponies there would believe her. For all she knew, they might interpret her tale as the vivid imaginings of a bright young filly. But either way, she got to tell her story at last, and maybe, just maybe, one of the ponies here would be able to help her with this predicament.

Edited by Miss Reaper

@@Miss Reaper,

Guardians ever present smile faded and his face became neutral. Whenever someone needed help he would always get serious, no matter the story. "If what you are saying is true, I will help you. I never turn down a request for help." he said in a serious tone. If anypony knew Guardian, they would think this one is an impostor. He may be one to always wear a smile, but when it came right down to it, he can be very serious.

@@Miss Reaper

"Well Muddle, you know a few things about mistakes." Her shadow said in a mocking tone, "Certainly not fixing them, but if you were turned into a baby too we could see what happened." Muddle shook her head, now desperately wanting to leave. Unfortunately this problem had caught her shadows' interest.

After barrage of threats from her Shadow, and a matter of seconds, Muddle was forced to stammer, "L-let e... try n help... 2."   

"Oooh! This got me interested! Im gonna help." Shardz said, As virvidian landed.

"Here you go Galatea! One chocolate cupcake.."

He said, giving it to the filly.

Shardz facehoofed, then bonked him on the head.

"He's such an IDIOT! Ugh. What sucks is that we are cousins."

She muttered, Barely audiable.

"Anywhoo.. He can help, Hes somewhat good with basic tech.

She said, and virvidian nodded.

"Might as well! Maybe i will finally get that dang cutie mark." Virvidian said.

Cinders eyes widened as she listened. She started to respond but then the tiny filly stomped one of her tiny hooves and...

"Oh! Well that makes perfect se... D'aww! Lookathertinylittlehooves!" She squealed.

Shaking her head a little, she tried to force her mind back on track - only half succeeding.

"Sorry, but you are adorable." She apologised. "So what went wrong? Can I see whatever it was you built? I might be able to fix it!" She said excitedly - Two inventions to tinker with? This was fantastic! She pulled her goggles down from her head onto her eyes in anticipation.