Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Robots and Foal-sitters (Comedy, SoL)

ReverieRiver

"Actually, The robot stallion was made by her. He was programmed with an advanced AI, And can do a multitude of emotions, To happy and sad, to mournful and exited. His name is nano, And he is SUPER AWESOME!"

Shardz knew the backstory of the robot, And she at least attempted to hold in her Squee.

'Galatea is adorable, but keep a straight face.'

She thought.

@, @, @, @,

Galatea was surprised to hear that the ponies believed her, and were willing to help on top of that! It made her smile as she said, "Thank you, everypony... The more help we have, the quicker we can get this problem solved, I'm sure of it!" Nano nodded in agreement, also appearing happy that the ponies were going to help.

Though, of course, she scrunched her muzzle when she was called adorable. But after a moment, she decided to let it go. Fillies were generally considered cute by most ponies, and whether she liked it or not, she had to face the fact that for the moment, she was indeed a filly - in physical form only, but still a filly nonetheless.

She had been about to say something to Cinder about her invention, but then she was given a cupcake. She examined it briefly before passing it to Nano. Nano gave her a look that said, What am I supposed to do with this? But then he simply stowed it away in one of his many hidden storage compartments, saving the treat in case it might be useful later.

"Anyway," Galatea said, returning her attention to Cinder, "I've been working in a lab that's not too far away from here. The device is there, along with the rest of my inventions. Nano and I can take you there."

When Shardz pointed out that Galatea had created Nano, she couldn't help but show her pride. She nodded once, saying, "That's right. Nano was created by my own hooves, and he is super awesome!"

Shardz heard Galatea's tone. She was proud.

"Here's a plus side of being a filly: You get to go places where no other can go. The smallest areas work, And since your an adult in a filly body, You get to be much more precice. "Shardz said, and smiled. Virvidian looked at the filly.

"How long did it take for you to create Nano?"

@, @@Rokkurin, @, @,

Galatea blinked, taking a moment to process Shardz's words. She then tilted her head slightly. "Huh... I hadn't thought about it like that," she said thoughtfully.

Then, when asked about how long it took to create Nano, the filly opened her mouth at once to respond, only to find that she didn't have an answer readily available. "I... My goodness, that was over ten years ago," she said, turning pensive as she remembered just how much time had passed since her greatest and most loved creation came to life.

She then thought back to when she had first started building Nano. It had been during a darker time in her life. Overcome with sorrow, she had thrown herself into her work, pouring all the energy she had into one ambitious project so she wouldn't have any more room in her head for all that she had lost. She stopped only rarely to eat or tend to other needs; she slept only when she collapsed from utter exhaustion, and she had lost almost all sense of time. She had no idea exactly how long she had worked until Nano first came to life.

After another moment, Galatea shook her head to clear her mind. Nano gave her a look of concern, but she reassured him with a smile before she looked to the pony that had asked her the question. "To be honest, I'm not really sure how long it took. My memory is... kind of fuzzy. But I do know that it was quite a long time. After all, such an advanced AI like his takes time to create."

@,@@Rokkurin, @@Miss Reaper, @,  

Sound Thought had been watching the group from the safely of a large bush. She had seen the robot pony and awed at it masterful design. She listened to the group speak, waiting, hoping to hear just one word of what made this master piece in metal form tick.

After all, such an advanced AI like his takes time to create.

"An advanced AI unit," She smiled and thought about everything she could do with an operating system like that, "One problem though... I have life." She looked at where she was right now, fawning over a 'technically' material object; and she took a moment to reflect on what she had said, "Maybe 'life' is a strong word. Never the less I want that AI system." Her hair started to frizzle slight in the back as she thought of the advanced machines she would make with that, "Although, I would have to get rid of that emotions simulator." She laughed, "I can't say there jobs will be happy." 

She continued to manically laugh and started to stand up in the bush, laughing even louder. She kept doing this until her laugh slowly faded away; and she was left with a confused look on her face, "What am I doing here again?"

~

Lost thought was standing in a bush out in the open when she saw a very interesting robot pony. She immediately ran over to it, and started to ask a million questions. "What is this, no who made it? What makes it tick, Oooooh I have to know!"

(Muddle)

Muddle cringed at the sight of a new pony, and this one seemed strange.

@, @,  @,

Both Nano and Galatea's eyes widened when the new pony approached them. Nano drew back slightly upon the mare's sudden approach, unsure how to react in this situation. Galatea seemed uncertain for several moments, torn between two instincts: the fillyish urge to hide herself behind Nano again; and her motherly instinct to protect Nano from this strange pony.

Ultimately, the latter won out. She jumped out in front of Nano, placing herself between the pony and Nano; unfortunately, she couldn't make herself seem all that intimidating due to the fact that she was so tiny in comparison to the mare at her current size. Still, she tried, narrowing her eyes in the fiercest glare she could manage.

"That's Nano," the filly said, "And I made him! What's it to you, whoever you are?"

Nano was wanting to pull Galatea away from the pony, if only for the sake of keeping her away from someone that could potentially be dangerous. But, he knew that she would only protest; she was so stubborn, even more so as of late, it seemed.

@@Miss Reaper,

Lost Thought was taken aback by the filly's statement. "You made this? Well what wouldn't it be to me!" She turned her head for a moment to think, "It's seems like that cutie mark school actually is teaching our youth... Who would have guessed? I can't shake the feeling there was something important I was suppose to do about that robot though..."

She turned toward Galatea again and bowed her head, "Where are my manners. I'm Lost Thought, and I'm an inventor... I think." 

Edited by danzxc123

Cinder watched on - listening. The robot had of course interested her to begin with - if she hadn't gotten distracted with the filly then it would have been her top priority to try and find out how it worked without exploding. As things were - she had something to do first.

"So... uhm... Oh! I know!" she declared - raising a hoof into the air and turning to rummage in her saddlebags before looking back with a spanner in her mouth and an oily smear across her muzzle. "Whereth the labth? I'll ficth thith!" The mare just about managed to say.

Of course, finding out exactly what had done this was the first step: but whatever happened was sure to be interesting!

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@,  @,

"The name's Galatea," the filly replied. "I'm an engineer, but one of my experiments went wrong, and... Well. I think you can see what happened." She raised one of her little hooves as she briefly looked down at it before looking at Lost Thought once more.

"I need some help to get myself out of this predicament... Maybe you could help, too?" She tilted her head slightly, inadvertently making herself look cute again as she looked up at the mare with her large honey-colored eyes.

She then turned to look at Cinder, her ears twitching slightly. "Oh yeah, the lab. It's not that far from here. Just follow me and Nano." Galatea then glanced back at Lost Thought, wondering if she too would follow as the filly slowly started to head in the direction of the lab with Nano following close behind.

@@Miss Reaper,@, @,

Lost's could feel her heart slowly melting, the filly's large yellow eyes made the shiny metal on Nano look amazing. Although, she thought of something that could make it better. She stepped a little to her right and could no longer see Galatea's reflection.

Maybe you could help, too?

She snapped out of her daze. "Right! yeah, sure. Just tell me how I may be of assistance." She kept looking at nano and couldn't shake this feeling though, so she decided to wait a moment. "Can I get second though?"

Edited by danzxc123

@, @, @,

"Uh, sure," Galatea said somewhat dismissively to Lost Thought's latter question, thinking more on her answer to the statement preceding it. "Well, if you have any knowledge on mechanical engineering, perhaps you could help me find out just what went wrong with my experiment." She added under her breath, "Even though I've already looked over nearly every wire and component in the stupid thing..." With that, she continued on towards the lab with Nano close behind, expecting the others to follow her.

The lab itself was a rather nondescript building. Nothing about it revealed its intended nature; no signs or anything of the sort to designate the building for what it was. There were windows, but the blinds behind them were closed, obscuring any view into the place. This building clearly did not look like much - but that was precisely the point. It was meant to not draw attention to itself, so as not to lure any curious ponies in.

"Lets go Virvi!" Shardz said, and followed. 

"We need to figure out a way to make Galatea an adult. This may be a tricky thing to do." Virvidian thought, as he looked at the lab.

"Hrm.. This sure is a medical mystery." Shardz said as even her was perplexed.

"Hey, Gala? Have you tried going to Zecora's?" Virvidian asked.

Muddle had started to follow behind them all at the first chance she could get. She knew she couldn't really relieve herself of the problem she now faced. The others would soon be at the lab as well if they were coming. It wasn't a permanent solution; but getting a head start on the others and, getting herself some air to breathe, would make her feel better.

~

@,

Lost tried to remember something she had forgotten, but just couldn't place her hoof on what it was. "Clearly there's something I'm missing here." She dug around in her bag to look for something, "Ah, here it is. Oh wait..." It was a small book, unfortunately it had gotten s tuck under one of her portable inventions. No matter how much she tugged and pulled it wouldn't come out without her removing the invention.

She turned towards the pony closet to her and asked, "Do you think you can hold something for me?"  

@,

"Wha, ee?" Cinder just about managed to ask past the spanner, before thinking about the problem with speaking. Of course, the spanner in her mouth might be the cause of the problem - but that was easily solved.

Dropping it into a hoof and slipping it into one of the cotton bands wrapped around her foreleg, she looked back up to the pony that had spoken to her with a sheepish expression. "Uh, I mean sure!"

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,

Lost smiled at the pony the pony and said, "Thanks." She pulled out a small brown, spherical device. Lost picked it up and placed it in the mares hoof. It had started to beep the moment it made contact. "That freed up my book!" She turned towards the mare again and said, "Oh, and please don't: drop that." She pulled and quial out of her bag and was about to write. Then she remembered something else about the object and decided to warn the mare again, "And don't move," She took a moment to think. Then told her something she should have mentioned at the beginning. "Actually... I wouldn't advise holding that... I'll be moment."

She went back to her writing.

(don't worry, it won't explode if you don't want it too. It's a flash bomb anyways.)