Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you going to college after high school?

jackleapp81

I plan on going to college after High School. I need to bring my grades up a bit more though since I'm getting "A's" and "B's". I'm not sure if money is an issue or not either. I guess it all just depends. I also need to pick a single job to have, at the moment I'm torn between therapist (most likely going to be one), lawyer, criminal psychologist, and Forensic Scientist. 

Well I'm trying to get to the university after high school. Trying to become a doctor, I really like helping people so thats why.smile.png

Dutch school system is somewhat different I think from American ones. But I hope it's clear.

Edited by Wayzer107
  • Brohoof 4

Well I'm trying to get to the university after high school. Trying to become a doctor, I really like helping people so thats why.img-2034685-1-smile.png

Dutch school system is somewhat different I think from American ones. But I hope it's clear.

DONT MESS UP YOUR PRE-MED REQUIREMENTS!!!  PLEASE!!  Get A's in Chemistry and molecular biology right off the bat.  It will take an ass-load of studying, but it's definitely worth it.  If you mess up, you're screwed.

But I too believe that college is worth the investment.  Its not only something that helps you find a job.  This may sound cheesy, but it actually makes you "smarter."  A liberal arts education will give you a new perspective on the world, make you delve into thoughts and ideas which you have never thought of before.

• Brohoof 2

DONT MESS UP YOUR PRE-MED REQUIREMENTS!!!  PLEASE!!  Get A's in Chemistry and molecular biology right off the bat.  It will take an ass-load of studying, but it's definitely worth it.  If you mess up, you're screwed.

Well here we just have normal Biology but I'm alright with those ones. Chemistry Biology and Physics are not that hard for me. I now have an 8 and an 8.5 for them, I think that would ranging from a A+ to A-, I'm more worried about Maths and Dutch, I have a 6 and a 7 for those that would be like C+ or something.

In the Netherlands our grades go from 1 to 10 with 10 being 0 mistakes

• Brohoof 1

I'm out of high school and in college. Made a few mistakes. Had to change my major due to money issues, but I am still glad I'm going.

Word of advice to you kids still in high school, don't waste your time there. Use your time to get a good idea of the road you want to have through life. Explore all kinds of career options through clubs and extracurricular and other activities. Make a solid plan B and C, too. It's a big leap to decide what you want to do after high school.

• Brohoof 1

In my country we don't have college, but we have university instead.

I don't know if I want to go to university yet, even though I could sharpen my knowledge on certain areas that I'm interested in such as literature and hopefully philosophy. Yet it depends on which career I’m going to take, since I don’t want to use too much of my time in university when I’m not really going to use it for anything.

Also you can choose in my country if you want to go to university or not, and whatever you choose it is free. 

I started going to college right after high school, I'm in my 4th year of college now. I think going to college is worth the investment, it's kind of hard to get a good job without a college degree.

And its just such a great way to experiences adult life without being thrown into it right away!

you also make some amazing freinds

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently in high school and college, only because the high school said they'd pay for it. Though afterwords I probably well, since only one year of college doesn't get you anywhere. If, however, I get a job that I deeply enjoy in that case I probably won't. The chances of that happening though, is slim to none.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

I attended 3 different colleges after I graduated high school. I dropped out of 2 before I settled on the third. I am now a college graduate with an Associate's degree. I am a veterinary technician.

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

Yeah, I did. And I’m still in college. I’ve had thoughts of dropping out cross my mind numerous times but everyone who’s ever dropped out has told me don’t do it because it’s the biggest thing they regret doing....

Well I'm going to a trade school studying IT

People from colleges told me and others that a company is more likely to hire a college grad

My Dad said that's bullshit, because half of his coworkers never went to college, some of their lead engineers didn't go. My Dad only went to community college. He said the sad truth is that companies will sooner fill starting positions with less experienced people because they don't have to pay them as much. So it's likely that I'll take the job opening from a IT degree holder because I'm just a little cheaper and have hands on experience

So I probably won't go to college

Edited by Altastrofae

• 2 weeks later...