Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why isn't Twilight Sparkle's human self in the alternate universe?

RainDancer

Okaaay. So when I watched "Equestria Girls", I was really confused about this. Why didn't Twilight find herself in the alternate universe?huh.png  Did Twilight's presence on "Earth" affect that? I have no idea. Thanks for your thoughts and answers.laugh.png post-20658-0-25058100-1383779397_thumb.png

If you listen to a certain part where Pinkie is asking Twilight a question, you'll here her ask if Twilight has a twin in the big city that looks exactly like her and has a dog that looks like the one she has now, Spike. So, there would have been no point in trying to find the alternate Twilight because she was in a different city and the whole deal of Sunset Shimmer had nothing to do with her.

Edit: And Normal Twilight was on a very tight time limit.

Edited by Pinkamena Dianne Pie
  • Brohoof 8

If you listen to a certain part where Pinkie is asking Twilight a question, you'll here her ask if Twilight has a twin in the big city that looks exactly like her and has a dog that looks like the one she has now, Spike. So, there would have been no point in trying to find the alternate Twilight because she was in a different city and the whole deal of Sunset Shimmer had nothing to do with her.

Edit: And Normal Twilight was on a very tight time limit.

Haha, that makes more sense..derpy_emoticon2.png  I heard that, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!laugh.png  But I want to know. Why was the alternate Twilight in the big city? They should make an ep. in season 4 to tribute to that.

Haha, that makes more sense..derpy_emoticon2.png  I heard that, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!laugh.png  But I want to know. Why was the alternate Twilight in the big city? They should make an ep. in season 4 to tribute to that.

I think the reason she was in the city was, unlike in the show, she didn't need to learn the lesson of friendship, so she never got sent to "Ponyville" from her studies and life in "Canterlot".

• Brohoof 4

I think the reason she was in the city was, unlike in the show, she didn't need to learn the lesson of friendship, so she never got sent to "Ponyville" from her studies and life in "Canterlot".

well, maybe, or she just might not have been sent to (ponyville? canterlot high?) yet. as if the alternate world was a few months late or something.

I think the human Twilight exists, as Pinkie said, and it seems likely that the human world is several years behind the pony world and Twilight hasn't arrived from the "big city". This creates a few ideas: 1. human Twilight would have brought the girls together in time, 2. they would have worked out the problems themselves prior to her arrival, 3. she'll never meet her friends and finally 4. Sunset Shimmer will replace Twilight, since they promised Princess Twilight they would watch out for her and teach her about friendship.

• 4 weeks later...

There might be another explanation, Twilight as we all know is extremely book-smart, so maybe the actual alternate universe Twilight was so book-smart that she's probably already in college?

There might be another explanation, Twilight as we all know is extremely book-smart, so maybe the actual alternate universe Twilight was so book-smart that she's probably already in college?

Interesting point...

My theory is that the alternate world was as it would have been in the pony world before twilight arrived...

Interesting point...

My theory is that the alternate world was as it would have been in the pony world before twilight arrived...

I agree and I have the feeling the human Twilight would have shown up at some point. Now Princess Twilight showing up might have wrecked that timeline, but it would be interesting to see what would happen next. Does human Twilight arrive or does Sunset Shimmer take her place?

Hmmmm, that has been baffling me for some time, but here's my theory. Who here remembers the last few episodes of FMA (Original 2003 edition because that one is awesome imo) where Edward was scent to our world? Well my theory is human twilight was in Equestria Girls, but Twilight from the pony verse took over human Twilights mind, and spike took over the mind of her dog. So with that, I would think that if the human's went through the portal, they would take over the minds of their pony counterparts, and the dogs would take over their dragon counterparts. 

Edited by jish55

I think at one point Pinkie said that there was a girl who looked just like her who also had a pet dog named Spike and used to go there, so I assume that she probably moved.

(Which sort of makes since since pony Twi moved to Ponyville from Canterlot.)

Pinkie Pie said that Twilight had a twin that went to Canterlot High, she also had a pet dog named Spike, and also used to go to the school.

It reminds me of when Twilight from the Equestria canon universe, came from Canterlot and moved to Ponyville.

Hmmmm, that has been baffling me for some time, but here's my theory. Who here remembers the last few episodes of FMA (Original 2003 edition because that one is awesome imo) where Edward was scent to our world? Well my theory is human twilight was in Equestria Girls, but Twilight from the pony verse took over human Twilights mind, and spike took over the mind of her dog. So with that, I would think that if the human's went through the portal, they would take over the minds of their pony counterparts, and the dogs would take over their dragon counterparts. 

I'd like your theory to explain the part where Twilight and Spike physically went through the portal. And the part where she even tested it early on by sticking part of her arm in it, seeing a hoof inside the portal.

And to everyone, I'll also add this exact line from human Pinkie Pie:

"Do you have a twin sister who lives in the city, has a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one?"

She only referenced where human Twilight may be living and her dog. Did not mention school.

Edited by DBG
  • Brohoof 1

Well, Twilight didn't meet her pony friends in Ponyville until later on in life, so maybe the same goes for the Twilight in the human world.

Or, it's just a huge plot hole that the writers left in because fuck it.

We know the answer, but it's not a very deep answer. As several people said, Pinkie asked Princess Twilight if she had a twin sister who lived in a different city and had a dog just like Spike. The point is human Twilight hasn't meet her friends yet, so the human world seems a step or two behind Equestria. I think this question is settled, but it raises a few problems. Two quick ones.

1. We never learn the name of the town the mane 5 live in, but in many cases the high school is named after the town. Canterlot High would suggest the town is named Canterlot, which is Twilight's home town. Yet we know she is in another unarmed big city.

2. If Celestia is the principle than who sends Twilight to "make some friends" in a new town? Something else would have to have sent her to meet her friends.

Edited by Nature's Spell

2. If Celestia is the principle than who sends Twilight to "make some friends" in a new town? Something else would have to have sent her to meet her friends.

Possibly her parents moving or something. This is going a lot off-cannon though. I doubt that the writers though that far through though. It is just a gap in the story, it was not really important.

Possibly her parents moving or something. This is going a lot off-cannon though. I doubt that the writers though that far through though. It is just a gap in the story, it was not really important.

It's only important if they make another movie and have to figure out how to introduce the Mane 5 to human Twilight. My guess is it would happen in college. The Mane 5 are likely seniors and given it's the Fall Formal it doesn't leave a lot of time for Human Twilight to transfer to the school and make friends.

• 1 month later...

Maybe Twilight did go to Canterlot high, but because she was so well studied graduated ahead of her class and the rest of the mane 5. And even if she did go to school with them, Twilight still wouldn't have been pushed by Celestia out of her asocial bookworm mentality, so her and the mane 5 may never have reason to cross paths anyways. 

• 1 year later...