Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bright Colors or Dark Colors?

Smarts

Bright or Dark?  

105 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Bright colors
    • Dark colors

As the title suggests, do you prefer bright colors or dark colors? I am quite curious about what you guys like better, so I decided to make this thread to find out.

I am a fan of dark colors. I find it easier on the eyes and it doesn't give me a headache when I look at it. Dark colors also have a bit of mystery to it that draws me in and intrigues me.

• Brohoof 2

It totally depends on what the colors are for. My favorite color is

Unnl9vd.png

But that doesn't mean that the color fit with everything. I like different colors for different things. But I like both. The good with dark colors is that it's more relaxing for the eye to look at.

• Brohoof 3

Bright colors are okay, but I still prefer darker colors. I believe colors look better when they're darker. Dark colors also remind me of how dark I can be sometimes.

Edit: Dark colors also don't hurt my eyes.

Edited by Bearsharktopus
  • Brohoof 2

I like bright colors over dark colors most of the time. Dark colors can look cool at times, but it can also look kind of boring in some cases. Bright colors are just prettier to me than dark colors, and I like them more.

• Brohoof 4

I prefer Dark colors over Bright colors since Dark colors makes me more interested in deep things. And besides, darker colors are cool and stuff.

Edited by Demirari
  • Brohoof 2

Dark colors tend to be more subdued and interesting to me compared to bright colors whose only purpose half the time is to stand out and draw your eyes towards it. Not to say that such colors don`t have their place, but darker colors just feel more natural in most situations.

• Brohoof 3

I have to go with brighter colors just because they sorta make me feel happy, because I like to be happy :P

This is my favorite color has to be cyan, a brighter version of turquoise, or the color of Dash's coat, hehe.

• Brohoof 1

I voted for dark but it really depends on what kind of art you're going to make. For example, if you were going to make art for Cupcakes you wouldn't use bright colors, you would use black and some other shaded colors. 

If you were going to make ponies jumping everywhere having fun you would use vivid colors. 

It all depends. 

• Brohoof 1

Dark colouurrsss!  (But I also like 'bright' colours that are pale..)

Most of the times, I wear black or dark coloured clothes. -notgothoranything-   Such a bottle when you've a basketful of laundry, and you're in a rush, and almost everything in the basket is black! @-@

I don't mind bright coloured socks though. c:

The crazier, the better.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer dark colors, but to each their own. I love bright colors since blue is my favorite light color, I just think that dark colors do not give you a headache when you look at it for too long.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a very strange person, I like bright colors, but for dark subject.
For exemple, a bright colored Cupcake / Rainbow Factory artwork will make my day. ohmy.png 

(As you can see, It's not surprising that I like Grimdark fanfics of bright things, like MLP)

Edited by Shadling
  • Brohoof 2

i prefer bright colors, with high saturation! However, i also include "highly saturated" dark colors with that, which are kinda bright in a dark way. Dark colors next to bright colors look freaking epic! Bright near-neon colors next to dark colors create a slightly deranged vibe.

I guess its just a stylistic choice kind of thing for me. Low saturation is lameeee and boring, as such i'm not a fan of pastels. The more eyestrain, the better! img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 4

Mostly darker colors. They are a lot less intrusive on the eyes. I like a few brighter variations of colors but dark is usually what I go with. Either that or a mix of some brights and darks. Like a brighter blue with a darker blue. Or a normal blue and black. I like those combinations.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite color is deep purple. I love the color purple so it has to be dark colors for me. Though bright colors can work really well, I like dark colors more because bright colors can really mess with my eyes and they make me feel sick sometimes.

Plus, dark colors are used in grimdark far more often, and I love grimdark.

• Brohoof 2

bright!!!!!! like NEON RAINBOW BRIGHT.

neon orange, lime green, hot pink, electric blue etc.

i'm the master of bright and happy things.