Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bright Colors or Dark Colors?

Smarts

Bright or Dark?  

105 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Bright colors
    • Dark colors

Darker colors, without a doubt. Some of my favorite colors include: Black, Grey, Dark Red, Dark Purple, Dark Blue, etc...

Dark colors just look a lot nicer than bright colors to me...and most bright colors can give me a headache easily.

• Brohoof 2

Personally for me, it'd have to be bright colours, they pop out more, and just get my attention, dark colours just seem a bit plain for my liking.

But when I say bright, I don't mean EFHduinwiasuibngryuzwehgweisboniewbusdnofewbsofewbnfuewbobuibdfe I'm blind bright, I just mean moderate.

Well then, that became.. o.o

• Brohoof 1

Given the choice between the two, dark is always my pick. I love the deep and the dark. Bright is hard on my eyes, but I do admire it's beauty at times. I never wear anything brighter than a navy blue or maybe a black with a splash of red. I'm the man in black more than 90% of the time.

• Brohoof 1

It depends, though in most cases I tend to like bright, vibrant, or even pastel colors over dark colors. But dark colors also tend to be easier on the eyes depending on how they're used, so again, it depends I guess.

• Brohoof 1

To much bright colors can make me sick, they are not that bad, when i work in PS i prefer to use darker colors but its nice to switch it up and go back and forth. Also i prefer to wear darker colors, i think they make things pop, plus i have darker brown eyes & hair so i think it looks better on me to. 

• Brohoof 1

Ehh I can't really decide rally. It's like deciding between Ying or Yang, You can't have one without the other.

In many artworks they're a combination I see often and it's always amazing to see their one of them.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really it depends entirely on what the color will be used on, However i do tend to like more darker versions of colors.

My favorite color is more of a grassy green if that gives you any insight into my color tastes ;p.(No, i do not taste colors silly ;p.)

• Brohoof 2

Earth tones are my favorite, which can come in dark to moderate levels of brightness. I like dark browns, tan, and many kinds of green, from moss to emerald. Those colors favoring the darker side are my preference. Suits my personality too as a fairly laid-back guy.

Green is my favorite color; have a look at the range of greens and greenish-yellows in this picture. That should give you a good idea of what I like, so there I think I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to a preference of bright or dark.

• Brohoof 2

I generally prefer brighter colors due to the fact that they do better on layouts and aren't... so drab and dreary. Also, they tend to go better with other colors. Like white. White goes well with everything. (Minus yellow. @_@) Black? It can look absolutely foul if you use it incorrectly. It makes too many things stand out like a train wreck.

But it can depend on the situation, to be honest. I like different colors for different situations. Too much of bright or dark is bad either way. It hurts my eyes or makes me feel blah. 

• Brohoof 2

Bright colours.

Even though dark colours are easier on the ol' eyes, you can't beat obscene colours like neon green or baby blue. Or a bright scarlet red. There's something about brighter colours which just lifts my spirits, for some reason.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind bright colors, as one of my favorite colors is red and used to use a lot of bright colors when I used to draw, I prefer darker colors, as like another poster said, they're easier on the eyes, and look a bit more professional in a workplace setting!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I'm not going to vote in the poll, because I'm a little convoluted. I generally prefer dark colours, like navy blue, grey and black, but my favourite colour is red, and the brighter of that, the better.

I like neon colors paired with black

Black and neon green is probably my absolute favorite

I really love pastels too

I'm pretty much a color fan in general, I guess ^^

(edited)

My favorite colors are blue, grey, black and white.

So, I guess you could say I like the darker colors?

post-14906-0-73055500-1397036829_thumb.jpg

Edited by Samurott77

I like both, but I just prefer darker colours as looking at bright colours (depending on what it is, e.g neon.) can give me a headache.