Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided - When Harmony is Lost

GreyScholar

@@Snowy Storm,@@Spell Shock
Near the Lake of Old Ponyville

The grey unicorn would chuckle before asking as he saw Spell did not talk to him, "Ah, you're not even curious on how I know you Spell Shock, formerly of House Moon and Star but now member of the Guardians of Harmony. Also one time apprentice of a unicorn by the name of Silver Swirl, who you left behind on leaving." It was odd but it also seemed he wanted some sort of reaction from her, whether for her to question him or even get annoyed at him.

His words actually bring a look of clear surprise from Golden and the pegasus gave him a look before asking, "Mythos, what are you saying? I though you didn't want her to know."

Mythos smiled before saying, "Oh, that I happen to know Silver Swirl, my more serious of 'friends'?" The way he said friend would be considered odd as if he meant something else by it but didn't want to reveal just what, as if this was some sort of game. The stallion took a more serious expression before saying in a voice that Spell would recognize well, "Now Spell Shock be careful not to gain the attention of Archmagister Twilight, we don't want her learning about your uniqueness of magic."

Golden signed before saying, "I really wish you would be more serious, first you say you don't want Spell to know your connection to her and now your pretty much giving it away."

"All in do time and in the right place, I will leave you to answer any questions she may have. Just don't give away my identity, I will do so when it is time," the grey stallion says with a laugh before turning to Regal and offering, "I need to go, do as Golden Dawn says and don't get into too much trouble. Your skills will be helpful during the mission."

With such he had a hat appear in hoof and bows, looking as if he is considering leaving but waiting for a reply from the young mare that had been the focus of the conversation between Mythos and Golden, the pegasus having facehoofed in frustration.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Cult of Laughter- Whitegold Mercenary Camp

@

Tarot was unsure how to react. Family? Tarot didnt have very good experiences with that word, but here it sounded right. It felt as if it actually meant what it was supposed to mean. "You... you think I'm family?" She said, still quite shocked at the statement. "I... um. well thanks, I guess. I'm not really sure how all that family mushy gushy stuff works" She said, a little embarassed.

Just then a few more rounds flew over the cart, causing Tarot to duck down further. She didnt want to distract her mentor any further, but her curiousity got the better of her. "Um, who's Blackbird?" She asked, trying to get some sort of reading on her mentor, but she had found in the past weeks that her mentor was exceptional at hiding her past. The only thing she could ever read off her was nothing more than a few blurred colours.

The battle seemed to be falling out of hoof, causing quite a few more casualties than Tarot initially assumed. She couldnt shake this useless feeling away, even with the comfort of her mentor. She vowed to herself she would find a way to help the cult, but mostly Lemon Hearts

Edited by Grand_Finale

House Stormwing @

You’re lucky we have some small amount of restraint. Rainbow Dash was in no mood to be toyed with, let alone by the crooks and brigands from Earthborn. Alright, if she wants to talk diplomacy then we shall allow it. So long as she keeps her tongue in check.

“Fine then, you want me to be reasonable? I’ll be reasonable.” Rainbow Dash took of her helm and knocked it to the side, exposing her scarred face and allowing her mane to fall at her sides. “Two days ago Cloudsdale came under attack, a bomb detonating in the market square that killed nearly forty innocents and left many more injured.”

Dash began to pace around the clearing, her eye’s drifting between the pair. “Your kind are the only ones currently producing explosives en masse, aren’t you?” Her hoof gestured towards Applejack, a cynical tone in her voice. “Until we know who committed this act…   you won’t be stepping within ten miles of my city or its people. Not until justice has been dealt.”

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

Ponies at Arms weren’t well known for their long life expectancies, so for Long Stride to find a mare of his own age was nothing short of a revelation. Poppy Seed knew what it was like, she had experienced it first-hand. Loss, anger, regret. It may have been simply that Long Stride was better at hiding these, keeping his life a secret because he was ashamed.

He looked back over towards Poppy Seed, his grin from earlier all but gone. “How can we change when we never choose to leave our old selves behind?”

“I’ve lingered in the past most of my life, about what I could have done, what I should have done. It cost me my home, my family, everything. And I was too scared to do anything about it.” He looked off back towards the road ahead. “So here I am, and old fool still clinging onto his past. Sometimes a pony can be too stubborn for his own good.”

Edited by The-Master

House Earthborn

The answer did not give Poppy reason to hope. She expected as much, though. Hope left this world a long time ago. All that was left was hate, war, chaos and despair. Anything even resembling peace was just an illusion, all so fate can cruelly rip it away and leave naught but regret in its wake.

“Not much of a future for us, then.  Seems we’re both too stubborn to let go. But that’s not the whole story. How do you let go of fifteen years of hatred? When you’re so full of hatred that it’s the only thing that keeps you from being locked up, how do you let it go? To this day, I still don’t have an answer. I just keep on killing…”

A tear rolled down her cheek. She hadn’t cried in years.

“My parents would be ashamed of what I’ve become… A monster who gave away her soul…”

House Moon and Star - Hoofington

@, @@AnonBrony

Kinetic nodded. He would be very glad to leave, especially since he was now nervously glancing over his shoulder every time he heard laughter of any kind.

I was doing so well before, and now I’m finally going insane. Being scared by laughter. Laughter, of all things…’ He thought to himself. 'Drinking myself into a stupor isn't going to cut it now… Perhaps I have some kind of deadly poison back in the lab from one of my previous experiments. Actually, I think Grand Inquisitor Trixie took it back because of this very reason. The last time I was sane…'

@@Snowy Storm@@EquestrianScholar,

Spell would listen in half ear; actually she still was busy polishing the block of ice. When she would feel somewhat awkward silence she would look around and then look at him.

-“I always knew there was something wrong with your afflictions, “sir”” – she would replied, with a look of amusement on her face, was he trying to get a reaction out of her – “The whole, try not to get attention of Archmagister always kind of gave it all away.”

It wasn’t unreasonable to suspect what a high ranking anyone in the House Moon and Star who would hide things from Archmagister would be either to no good, or was working with someone else.

-“Also with all due respect, it’s Spell. Not Spell Shock. I’m Spell Shock not Spell Shock Shock” – she would reply, blinking and afterwards would continue to clean the shard of ice she was holding

The stone was now polished more like a cylinder or a round shape of sorts, it was kind of shiny due to being ice. It was most peculiar shaping pattern she was using.

@,

(OOC: Don't end it too soon! I want my players to get some action in!)

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Undercity - Southern Mercenary Camp

The mercenaries were beginning to get a tad bit too cocky now that it looked like they were going to win for sure.

The Whitegold militia was getting closer, a few letting out battle cries.

However, there was also movement to the east and west of the attacking Cult...

@@AnonBrony,@@Steel Accord, @@Tricksters Pride,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Military District - Janitor's Closet

Diamond Tiara took on a more dignified posture as she explained the metal shortage and the solution. "You will not be taking back large quantities of metal. As for why we have seen this drop, we're investigating the source right now. In the mean time, I want you to take care of the effects while we deal with the cause." She gave a brief smile and laugh(and also a mortified glance at Vickers). The true emotion behind it is unclear.

Fancypants took out his own manilla envelope and pressed the Wall's insignia(a coat of arms consisting of three swords crossed over a diamond, as if daring thieves to come in and steal it only to be slashed in the neck) that was keeping it sealed. He took out two maps : one of the Iron Spire Village and another one that depicted the mine's layout.

He pointed to two red circles that were drawn on the town map on two squares representing houses. "There used to be two spies stationed here who were researching the metal deposits. We lost all contact with them before they communicated their findings to us, so that's where you three come in." He paused to allow any questioning or commenting from the three temporary spies.

@@AnonBrony,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle

Star Rain decided to back Eternity up. "If we put all of our focus into making weapons, then it won't be very beneficial for achieving our goals. And this "Artificial Magic" whatever it is, I think it should be tested for uses other than weapons before we decide to weaponize it," she said, stuttering on a couple parts. "I mean, we've gotta start small, right?"

She then decided to bring up Foaledo again. "And also, not only would there inevitably be rebellions, but there would also be your soldiers getting turned into zombies by the Cultists and even if you manage to annex it, they won't be giving up easily. I mean, isn't it true what THEY say about the Cult being like a disease?" It was unusual for her to be appealing to her House's goals.

(OOC: You should probably comment on who THEY are… or is.)

@@MagicalStarRain,

Twilight glared at Star. "Of course we won't only be using it for weaponry. We will definitely use it for research into magic and science.  With this knew technology we could do many things with. But why stop at only science? If his theory is true we could use Artificial magic to our advantage against the other houses in the meantime, AND use it towards ascension. Which I why I wish to begin right away on the project."

Eternity looked at Star. He was happy she was trying to help him but he knew it would be futile. Twilight will always get her way. No matter what you do.

Star then proceeded to begin talking about Foaledo and the Cult. "Disease?" Twilight responded. "More like a brain disorder. I know some knowledge on necromancy Star and in order to create undead you first need a corpse. And I hope my soldiers aren't going to die." She would of been more confident in her military, but based on what the Cult did to Hoofington a few years back, she wasn't sure if she could be more confident in them. "We will try to annex them peacefully first. If it fails we will take action. However, who did you mean when you said THEY? Who's been informing you about The Cult?"

@@MagicalStarRain, @@Tricksters Pride,  @@Steel Accord,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Military Facility

Dorado Looked disappointed. He was hoping they would steel some things, not be petty spies. Why can't he just get more spies to do it? "Oh... you want us to be spies... why us? Are there no more spies available? Or is it because it is too dangerous for normal spies? ... " Dorado thought for a moment. He glanced at the maps. Pueblo Iron Spire? ¿No es eso en Earthborn? "Iron Spire is in Earthborn si?" He turned his head to look at Gear. "Pero... Gear is a unicorn... that might cause problems... Muchos problemas..." 

Edited by AnonBrony

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

Long Stride never questioned where he was going, he never wondered what the future may hold. He hung his head low and refused to look ahead. There was a world out there, a million paths to take and a million sights to see. Yet here he was looking at the dirt under his hooves.

Had he truly given up his soul, or was it simply lost? Was there any retribution or redemption? He didn't have the answers and doubted he ever would. All they could do was stumble blindly through the dark. It wasn't a pleasant thought, but that was life he supposed. If was pitiful.

When he saw the faint glimmer of a tear on Poppy Seed’s cheek, Long Stride could only hang his head lower. A monster? He had never looked at it like that before, but the more he did the more he realized it was true.

“Poppy,” He began to speak, but his tone was far more hushed. “This doesn't have to be our future, you know that. All we need to do is take the first step.” His eyes darted around the ranks of soldiers surrounding them, all on their way to whatever slaughter lay ahead. “Earthborn has nothing left for us, not anymore.”

@@AnonBrony,

(OOC: I'll wait for the others to respond to my Whitegold post.)

Twilight's glare sent shivers down Star Rain's forelegs. She made the kind of sound that one gets when they're chilled. Oh buck, oh BUCK! I can't let out my secret now! Not when Eternity is around! Oh geez, what do I say?! …Well, tell some of the truth? I mean, it isn't like I told him anything about my father. I only mentioned a medic by name, that's all.

Star took a deep breath and said,"Well for one thing, I look at this map a lot in the library for research and art ideas. And for another, they, or rather he is dead." She took on a forlorn expression as she recalled the day she received the news, back when she had just turned 19. "He was quite the wise guy, had an open mind, and a fascination with other systems of belief, especially the one that talks about the 'middle path', so he taught me a lot." She stole a glance at Eternity, wondering if he was piecing anything together.  Part of her wished for others to know of her secret, but the other part wanted to keep it shut, probably because she didn't want pity.

Edited by MagicalStarRain

@MagicalStarRain, @AnonBrony, @Steel Accord,

"Dorado it is likely that infiltrators cannot handle as much heavy combat as you and Accord and are unsuitable for this. I know that your marksponyship is definitely worth having on a covert operation, and i myself have witnessed Accord's far above average skill in a melee. You two make for a perfect covert team in combined skill if you can get along and avoid standing out."

Gear then glances up at her horn and then at Fancypants with a raised eyebrow "I suppose that i could perform an illusion spell if i was shown how it worked, i'm quite familiar with the theory but i would need a live example to perfect it as i never saw a need to use one myself." 'After all it isn't much different than hiding my soul signatures from normal view, so i should be able to use this spell easily.' Then Gear frowns and states "Though wouldn't it be easier to siphon iron from the Salt Rock mines because of our tunnel system? Assuming that your not already doing so of course. Why the Iron Spire mines in particular, other than the obvious that it has more to take even though its far less convenient? Perhaps you wish to acquire another mine to siphon from in order to obtain further resources, maybe even establish a tunnel system to the Iron Spire mines as well?"

Edited by Tricksters Pride
  • Brohoof 1

,@@EquestrianScholar,  @@Spell Shock
"I will try not to cause to much trouble" Regal  said with a bow. "I would hope my talents and magic can be of use to all of you" i He really hoped to be of use to them and not be dead weight for them to carry around. -Maybe I can try to pick up some real sword skills, instead of just rapiers-

He listened as the Unicorn who's name was apparently complicated, Spell shock, and from the House of Moon and Stars. -I wonder if she is mentally stable- Regal made a point to remember that. When the name of her house came up he began to wonder how they would deal with the houses. All were to big to fight head on and with armies to great. House Moon and Stars was one he won't want to fight or stand against.

"So Golden Dawn, if I may ask what are we going to do?" To see Spell Shock still polishing the ice finally got to him, he had to ask about it.

"What are you doing with that ice? It seems like it means something to you or your just really bored" Usually the magic a unicorn used is related to there names, He could see where Ice would fit in to her name.

Edited by Snowy Storm

@@Tricksters Pride, @@AnonBrony, @@MagicalStarRain,

Steel rubbed his chin in thought.

"I see. Then I suppose you want us to locate your erstwhile informants, extract them if captured, and retrieve their findings be they dead or alive?" Steel asked.

He agreed with Dorado that this wouldn't be easy infiltrating the Earthborn's territory with a unicorn in tow, but Gear seemed confidant she could disguise her nature.

"Why thank you my lady. Swordplay IS half of my special talent after all." He said indicating his cutie-mark.

While Steel didn't have the burning hatred for House Earthborn the way he did for Star and Moon's bloated, aristocratic, slave driven hegemony, he was still wary of the ranks of Applejack, the Ever-Vigilant. Conscription, though still a debated issue in Whitegold and one Steel was thoroughly against, was all but indoctrinated under Earthborn. It was for from the only thing that was too! Hatred toward unicorns, family and community before the individual, all of it smacked with a cult of personality vibe to it that Steel found both hypocritical and thoroughly unsettling.

• Brohoof 1

@@Spell Shock, @@Snowy Storm

"Yes, well then Spell Shock I will make sure to tell your mentor this when I see him," Mythos says with a laugh before turning to Golden and saying, "I hope you all have fun." With such he teleports in a flash of purple light and the hat falling to the ground before fading as the magic wore off.

The pegasus shook his head muttering to himself about irresponsibility and showing off before turning to Regal and saying, "We have a storm to catch, and it would seem slow its growth so Spell Shock can properly prepare for it coming. We will be heading to an area between Earthborn and Everfree where the storm will be forming." The stallion turns towards the young unicorn for confirmation, as though he knew where they were going he was not quite sure how the unicorn was going to do.

One Regal's question he to considered the now round ice that the young mare had been molding and asks, "yes what are you doing Spell Shock, will this help with the mission?" He wasn't sure what she was doing but he knew asking would likely give him answer.

@@MagicalStarRain@@Tricksters Pride, @@Steel Accord,  

Dorado was flattered by her comment about them. "Why gracias senorita. I am a pretty good markspony. But I think everypony here knew that. Considering I am a very good fighter I would be better than a simple spy."

Gear then continued to talk. Dorado wondered about this illusion spell. He wasn't really fond of magic, but if a spell can disguise them he would like that. Then she began to talk about the mine itself. Dorado proceeded to chuckle. "Obviously they don't have all the info to decide anything like that Gear. Otherwise they wouldn't want us to do research on the mine." Dorado still wasn't please with that. But as long as he was getting paid it didn't matter.

@@MagicalStarRain

Twilight was very intrigued by what Star had just said. She pieced it together to see who she was talking about. She then realized she was probably talking about an older relative since it didn't seem like she was talking about a peer. Especially since she probably didn't know many at the time. Quite possibly she was talking about her father. Of course she knows hes dead... I don't think she knows why he died though. Interesting for her to bring it up here. And it almost seems like she doesn't wish to speak about it. 

"Oh so I'm guessing a late family member told you all that? Your father, if I remember right?" Twilight said.

Eternity perked his head up in surprise. Late family member? Her father? She lost her dad? ...Another thing we have in common then I suppose. I wonder why she never spoke of him before.

"Oh quite sorry." Twilight continued "I shouldn't have brought it up. Again apologies but, if you were concerned about the Cult being in Foaledo, I don't think you need too. Anyway. We all have things to do. Am I right Eternity?"

Eternity surprised again at Twilight mentioning him, quickly jerked his head to look at her. "Oh Uhh right! I have to work on the project. A-and be your new assistant right?"

Twilight smiled. "Yes indeed. But I'm not going to give you any work to do. Prepare to start constructing and experimenting. I believe you still remember where the... 'lab' is right? Scientists and mages from all over the House should be there to assist. They should be all there within a few hours. You could meet with them now or maybe get ready first."

"I think I'm going to get prepared first. Come on Star. Let's go." Eternity got out of his seat and began to head for the door when he spoke again. "Wait, Archmagister... should I bring Star with me?"

Twilight glanced at her. She was unsure. On one hoof she may be getting too much info. On the other hoof she did say she should trust her pupils more. "Hmmm I'l leave that up to you Eternity. And up to her if she wants to go."

(I'll actually really leave that up to you whether you want Star to go and see all the 'experiments' of The House yet. I don't think it will make her want to leave right away, It certainly hasn't to Eternity. But again I'll leave it up to you. If Star doesn't have anymore things to say to Twilight then we left the room and are in the hallway. Feel free to ask Eternity any questions. Especially if she is curious on the whole Artificial Magic thing. 

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

@@EquestrianScholar@@Snowy Storm,

“It’s a weapon I’ll use to stab the next person who says Spell Shock instead of Spell. Right in the eye” she replied, her voice was sounding generally annoyed “Does anyone here fancy tasting it? High velocity eye destruction, always fun”.

She generally disliked being called Spell Shock, just Spell would do – yet people always continued to call her by full name and surname, which was stupid and ridiculous in her eyes. Through sometimes also amusing, but not at the moment.

-“But really, it’s going to be a giant focusing iris for my spell, since I can’t get a hold of a diamond at the moment, it will have to do. That’s why it should be polished perfectly. So, I hope you find this answer satisfying. “

She would almost finish polishing it; she almost certainly placed some kind of spell too, to prevent melting for a moment. It looked sturdy, but still icy. It would be a good reflector mirror at this point, actually – which was the target all along.

(Don't call her Spell Shock, she hates it x3)

@@Spell Shock

Golden was confused by this saying, "but you said... as you wish Spell. I will make sure to tell Mythos next time I see him of the mistake." The pegasus considered Spells second answer before, considering why she didn't get a diamond before they left but perhaps she hadn't thought of it at the time.

He admitted her work was impressive, and it was creative to use a block of ice to make the jewel needed for her spell though on thinking on it he did wonder how she planned on keeping it frozen and asks. "How do you plan on keeping the ice crystal frozen Spell?"

Turning to Regal brought by the frustrating grey unicorn that had just left the large stallion asks, "so what skills do you posses that will be helpful to our mission Regal? Why did Mythos bring you here of all ponies?" He was honestly curious as while he trusted the judgement of the enigmatic... friend, though he questioned both the use of the word friend and whether he fully trusted him, the choices were not always obvious at first.

@@EquestrianScholar,

She would look at him and giggle.

-“Magic?” she asked “Ever heard of it? It’s the new things for unicorns on the go, quite useful.”

The nature of the question was particularly hilarious for her, since she’s the one who made the crystal by freezing some water, so assuming she wouldn’t be able to reproduce the chilling effect was all kinds of hilarious.

-“But yeah, maybe you should ask better question, like for example shouldn’t we probably cook up some supplies? I know how to cook only basics of foods"

Looking around she would then put the shard of ice into a small little piece of velvet she had on her.

It was very important for her to keep it safe now, as a lot of work went into it, as well as some magic. She empowered it partially, which would also help it stay frozen for a long period of time. Around a day maybe.

-If we make haste, we can reach the place quite soonish, though I guess we need some rest too. – she would say, looking at them both – Oh and, you know… hi. (She would say to other pony)

(Sorry had limited time for those last few posts, also that's the last one for me for today probably)

Edited by Spell Shock

@@EquestrianScholar,
"If you were expecting a combative unicorn then I'm not what you want. I do have some training with arquebus and rapiers, but nothing impressive about that" He wished he had some impressive magic to show them. He pulled out his rapier the symbols were more then just for design, they were runes to channel his magic effectively. Regal's horn began to glow, and in a flash of light, Regal was gone and in his place was a second Golden Dawn. The Golden Dawn before them quickly disappeared and a second Spell shock stood before them, his colors faded back to normal.
"My talent in magic are colors, I can change my colors and my environment to any color I want. I could also change you colors as well, if we need to enter a place that you couldn't enter because of who we are, now you can." he said putting his rapier away.
"My rapier has runes that allow me to easily channel my magic. Another skill I also posses is writing. I have been away to another places and learned a little about runes on my travels. So I can use a little of rune magic, not as an expert though" He took a pause and started again. "Speaking should be a problem either, I know a few runes, once written on the body, can change our voice, for a limited time"

@@Snowy Storm, @@Spell Shock,

Golden gives Spell an annoyed look but shrugs as he admits to himself that perhaps he walked into that one. Though in his defense he did not see Spell change water into ice so he wouldn't have known the young mare could do that. On hearing Regal's words and seeing for himself what he could do with changing his appearance and his statement that he could do the same with them, the pegasus facehoofs before laughing as he says, "I should have known Mythos would pull something like this, changing appearances and keeping a disguise... in his eyes the most useful of skills."

Turning back to Spell the stallion says, "We can travel for a bit longer, perhaps a couple of hours, before setting up camp and settling for the night. I hope you can handle a brisk march," turning to Regal he adds, "both of you." Thus with a sigh he looks to where Mythos had disappeared before shaking his head and finishing with the question, "So, do either of you have a question? If not we will be heading towards the refugee camps to make our way to the Ghastly Gorge, though we likely wont make it there before nightfall."

@@Steel Accord,@@AnonBrony, @@Tricksters Pride,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Military Facility - Janitor's closet

Fancypants regarded Gear with a look of admiration. "I see some pony has studied the map of Equestria! Well, there are already two spies investigating there and they have been keeping us updated, so the Salt Rocks are taken care of. But why send you to Iron Spire? Well, the spies stationed there have gone MIA as I have explained, but there's also the fact that my wife and the spy network are tied up with something at the moment, which I will not disclose to you for obvious reasons" he explained. Plus a mysterious female voice in my head saying that these two are the only "players" who can go… he mentally added.

Fancypants turned to answer Steel, but Diamond Tiara beat him to it. "We want you to focus solely on the metal mission. Finding the spies will be an optional thing to do, so just think of it as bonus points if you bring back any word of their condition," she said slightly tauntingly while casually waving a hoof in front of them. It was the same kind of movement one would make with a pouch of gold to tempt mercenaries into doing their work, or with a treat to get dogs to perform tricks. She only stopped with a sharp glare from Fancypants. 

(OOC: I could've done better, but hey. Also, I'll give you a ton of cake if you can figure out who the mysterious female voice belongs to! Hint: Many members of a group are under her control as well as three others, but she herself is not a character in the story.)

@@AnonBrony,

Star froze when she put the pieces together and spelled it out clear as day for Eternity. She mouthed a cuss word at the fact that her secret is now exposed and looked at Twilight with a pleading look. "Don't go telling every pony, alright? Seriously." Although she felt a little better when it was said out loud.

(OOC: This is when they're out in the hallway.)

"So what is this "artificial magic"?" she asked, desperate to leave him without a chance to question her on her dead fr- oh I won't hide now -  father.

@

@EpicHarmony,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Artisan District - Performance Hall

"Yes, thank you," Sweetie Belle said, nodding her head to both him and the guard. She then turned back to the stage with a relieved look. Step one is done...

As the guard was leading the two to the medical bay, she casually asked,"So who's that you're carrying? Is she your fillyfriend?" Anypony could tell that she was quite the dreamer.

(OOC: *evil laugh*)

Edited by MagicalStarRain

House Earthborn

@@The-Master,

Poppy gave a small smile at Long Stride’s words. The future they were being herded to was one where nothing changed. Just more bloodshed until the world itself lost what little soul it had left. But perhaps there would be a chance at redemption. Even for Poppy and Long Stride. It was a long shot, but maybe… maybe it was worth the risk. The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to go for it. To take her chances at a better life. It wouldn’t be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

“We’ll need to be careful about it, though. Earthborn isn’t gonna let us just walk away so easy. But anything is better than watching ponies be sent to die because five friends don’t get along anymore.” Poppy said in equally hushed tones.

This is a strange turn for me… Almost the complete opposite of myself, but I want to do something more with my life. Earthborn used to be about trust, honour and duty. I guess those ideals got lost in the war… just like I did.

She looked up at the sky and wondered how long it had been since she stopped and took time to think for herself. 

@@MagicalStarRain, @Steel Accord,@AnonBrony,

(I like to think that i know a little more than average.  ^_^ )

Gear waits until after she Fancypants and the 'Merchant' (Feel free to read 'Merchant' with disgust.) before addressing the others. 'Glances at Dorado' "Dorado you are not a 'pretty good markspony' you are a crackshot, so yes you will be of far more use than a simple spy. Though you may want to leave the golden armor behind it will not help you pick of targets that we will likely have to remove silently in order to obtain those spies, after all 'glances at Fancypants' if we manage to get ahold of them alive it will likely mean a fair reward due to how important their information may be." After which she looks at Accord next "Also Accord there are many ponies who have marks in swordplay nowadays and they excel in it, you do not just excel in swordplay you excel in combat which takes more practice and talent than simple swordplay and is far harder to achieve or come by. So don't sell yourself short a cutie mark is not the only thing that makes a pony, and your swords are not only what makes you good at what you do." 

After addressing her companions she turns her attention to Fancypants and smirks at him   'Oh don't worry i am quite aware of the networks troubles and their severity.'   "Not to mention that it would be far better to use mercenaries and a 'rouge researcher' as you could deny involvement if we fail?" she says innocently before returning to her normal manner of speaking "If the spies condition is optional then i assume that we will be well rewarded for the genuine articles, Say a significant boost in metal set aside for a certain member of the arcane division? Not to mention a substantial reward for those who would like a reward of a more... Monetary value?" After which she says teasingly "Of course as this is optional it would be supplement to the price for our actual mission."

(Yah she can be as devious as any in Whitegold when it involves her talent. (She did grow up here...))

Edited by Tricksters Pride
  • Brohoof 1

@@Windbreaker, @@AnonBrony

"So it's the Cult you fear?" Astrolabe responded, following the more "formal" stallion (Crucible) to the train station. It was a few miles away; she might as well pass the time with some conversation. "I can comprehend your fear now. They're unpredictable, have little value for their life because they worship one of their own gods, presumably, and most likely lost any trace of their sanity."

"Speaking of the cult," she added, "strangely, they don't appear as much anymore. I doubt they had simply surrendered or disappeared. They still ambush in the night for unfortunate night-dwellers, however. Mainly the reason why we have a curfew in this neighborhood now." 

Astrolabe didn't mean to say that much information in front of Kinetic. "So, what happened on that 'insurrection' you mentioned previously? Suicide cult members? Insane serial killers? Or just a group of worshipers demolishing things around town?"

House Earthborn - Appleloosa

@,

When Blueprint walked in the simple dirt roads of Appleoosa, several eyes were staring at her. It was a relatively small town – Blueprint estimated that it had about a hundred or so buildings. The ponies appeared like country folk indeed, wearing their old-fashioned hats and having tired looking faces covered with dirt, their coats and hooves hardened by the scorching sun and hours on the apple farmland. 

"Well, it all boils down to the scene, General Braeburn," Blueprint agreed. "Do we have any – " Blueprint hesitated, staring at a house covered in yellow tape, reading the words "DO NOT CROSS". "...suspects," Blueprint finished. 

Blueprint looked inside. The law enforcement officers at first stopped her, though when they saw her walking with Braeburn, they immediately cut loose the tape, almost as if they had been expected her. The scene was as Braeburn described it, having an unusually large amount of blood on the walls and ground. The corpse was placed to the side, covered by a white cloth, though it was drenched in a scarlet red color. An white chalk outline of where the corpse once lay was near the center of the blood puddle. There was also a stiletto dagger placed on a clean white table – it seemed like it was brought inside.

Blueprint's first action was to examine the weapon. The tip was covered with blood, and Blueprint, careful not to accidentally tamper with the evidence, held it light with gloves. She dusted it at first, though, as they said, there was no hoofprint. "It's not enough to conclude anything," she muttered, then began to ask a barrage of questions. "What was the cause of death? When did the victim, General Steel Shield die? And lastly, may I see the body?"

@@@AnonBrony,

Kinetic gave a half-hearted grin. “The Battle of Hoofington… It’s the reason I can barely stand this city. And why I’m considerably jumpier, messier and less rational than usual. I’ll admit that’s the real reason I wanted to be gone from here so quickly. This place is full of bad memories…”

His ear twitched as he talked. He stopped and took a few deep, slow breaths, then continued. “I was a field scientist at the time, but I don’t really remember much of that day. It’s mostly just a blur punctuated by bloodstains and screaming. I remember being separated from the soldiers ordered to protect me, and seeing a Smiling Doll. It still haunts my nightmares… But I ran from it. I was just a scientist with no combat experience, but somehow I managed to escape. Everything else is just a blank after that. Since then, I swore never to set hoof back into Hoofington. Sadly, I didn’t realize that fate had such a cruel sense of humour, because here I am. Back in Hoofington, slowly going clinically insane just by being here.”

Kinetic sighed. He tried his best not to let his fear return, but he felt he wasn’t doing a very good job. “I shouldn’t act like a coward in front of a mare…” He mumbled to himself.

@@EquestrianScholar,
"Go ahead, I can keep going" Regal lied, he wasn't going to hold them back. Though he was a little tired, his time and training from the House of WhiteGold had shown him how to keep a straight face. Still this reminded him of his time away from Equestria, when he had to be on the move most of the time. Listening to Golden Dawn he thought about what to ask. So many questions he had. He decided to only ask two for the time being, so not to rock the boat too much.
"Yes I do have a question. What are we doing heading towards the refugee camps? I have a feeling that your not going there just to help them" He hoped he didn't sounded rude or doubtful of what they were planning, but couldn't find any other way to say it.
"While I agreed to joined to fight for my dream, I would like to know who I am fighting with, It is easier to give my life for another when I can trust them" Regal wasn't going to lie to himself. The odds of him surviving this war fighting against the Five Houses and the Cult are rather bleak, he wanted to at least know the ponies who he works for and, should the day come, die for.