Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided - When Harmony is Lost

GreyScholar

House Earthborn @@@Windbreaker

Excellent, another long march. Hundreds of miles on the blistering southern sun, swarmed by carrion birds and snared at by ugly mugged sergeants. Chafing armour and sore hooves, that’s the life of a Pony at Arms. You either get used to it or you’re in for one hell of a trip.

At least he had been fortunate enough to be greeted by a face he recognized. Poppyseed was it? It almost amused him at how she acted like her role was of the slightest importance. Any commander here would gladly stick you in front of a cannon to save their own necks, thinking otherwise was just delusional.

With little else to entertain himself, and the expectation of an agonising journey, Long Stride decided to try his luck in starting up another conversation. If he believed in anything right now he’d be praying to it.

“Poppyseed,” Long took a step forward, trotting side by side with the mare. “Nice to see a familiar face, or as familiar as it gets around here.”

House Stormwing @@

“Thank the gods.” Rainbow exhaled. “We still have a company it seems. Terra Lionmane, your involvement in the Ponyville campaign was most notable, along with your…  companion?” She guessed it was better to just drop at the moment. “Anyway, assuming this is our group we can get started with th-“

“Wait!”

All eyes suddenly turned towards what appeared to be a pegasus only just arriving. His robs were worn and grey, although it was apparent they were of noble origin. “Sorry commander, took a wrong turn and ended up on east side. I’m not too late am I?”

Rainbow rolled her eyes at his arrival, almost jokingly. “Well, if it isn’t our good friend from the senate itself. How’s politics treating you?”

“Is that what they’re calling it now?” The stallion chuckled at his attempt at a joke, promptly silencing himself and turning to face the others. “Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. Star Keeper, chronicler by profession. Not sure what use I’ll be here.”

Their conversation, however, was abruptly cut short by the sounding of horns in the breeze and thundering of hooves in the earth bellow.

“Earthborn, nobles by the look of their getup.” Scootaloo landed beside Rainbow Dash after having a closer look. “Too small for a war party, must be some kind of diplomatic move?”

Rainbow Dash reluctantly placed her helmet back on her head. “Uggh, alright I’ll deal with this. Scootaloo, fill them in on the task while I’m gone. Go to the bomb site and start examining the scene. You’re in charge till I return.”

Scootaloo wasn’t too happy with being the camp councillor for the day, but she didn’t exactly have much of a choice as Rainbow was already flying off to meet her own guard by the time she opened her mouth to speak. “Fine.”

@@The-Master, @Dez, House Stormwing

At the sound of Earthborn coming to the city of Cloudsdale Selune opened wide her eyes in surprise... What the hell are they doing here? What do they want? If they are not here to attack us... the situation was suspicious. She rubbed her horn a bit just to make sure it's okay... she hand't forgotten the last time she was under their capture, not their attempts to remove her horn. She was definately not afraid... simply disgusted enough that she didn't want any personal involvement with the Earthborn. There were far more important stuff to mention right here... and the fact that she wasn't known all that much could possibly cause some problems with the rest of her companions. She approached Star Keeper and offered her hoof smilling.

"I feel like i missed my introduction. In case you or my fellow warriors are wondering who i am the name is Selune Darkeye and i was stationed as Ground Guard togother with my friend Terra Lionmane here at Trottingham."

Terra nods in approval of Selune's gesture. But he knows that there are more to do and introductions will have to be done on the way. "There will be time for a more proper introduction on the way Selune... right now i am worried about the reason we were called here. Is the magnitude of this event "that" big? I kind of suspect that this won't be the first of attacks on Cloudsdale... it may as well be a reason to start conflict with the other Houses... someone wants to lure us out to war... and i don't like trotting into traps."

@@Tricksters Pride,@@AnonBrony,@@Steel Accord,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Current Locations of the Mentioned Players

A mailmare swoops by and drops two letters; one for Dorado and one for Steel Accord.  Both letters read:

To whom this may concern

The merchants, arcane, and artisan district are all experiencing a metal shortage. This is not gold or silver like you may think it is. It is the metal used to forge our weaponry, tools, and other appliances of various fields. In other words, metals like iron. There will be a reward of course for your efforts.

Meet us in the eastern military facility for more details. A gentlecolt will be there to guide you to our meeting place.

Eyes and ears, our shields and spears,

General Fancy-pants

P.S. Bring anypony you want on this mission with you, but it's safe to keep the numbers low.

@@AnonBrony

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle

"Geez, I really suck..." Star Rain muttered to herself(though she was also snickering because she almost shot Anon). So I was right to use intuition. I should probably use that more. Her intuition began to take charge, but it still needed some training, as all of her blasts hit at least a foot away from the targets.

@,

Cult of Laughter- Fillydelphia Hideout

Lila was about to cheer in an outburst of joy... that was until Wind kissed her which half-expected. Still, it annoyed Lila a little but she simply wiped her mouth with the back of her hoof before grabbing her saddlebag and Sprinting after Wind. After passing through the doors she turned to Wind jumping up in down. "This is so exciting! I can't believe they're actually letting me go! First I'm going to capture some ponies first because I first need to make a poisonous variant of the mix first!" she exclaimed, not noticing her repetition of "first". She then gave Wind a very -what would almost be comsidered cute- puppy dog face. "Wiiiiiiind, would you help me get a few ponies? It would be really fun!" she begged with a rather large smile, now standing on the tips of her hooves just from her giddiness that was pent up inside her.

(Gah, I should see if I can enter in another OC cause one OC is kind of hard to cut it sometimes. Does anyone know if there's room left in Stormwing?)

@AnonBrony@@MagicalStarRain,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - District of Delights - La Casa del Dorado

(Dammit i'm going to miss the play. (Anon i'll chang it if its is wrong but i'm going to assume that Dorado went to answer the mail and opened the message, and Gear followed him upstairs and got curious.))

'Glances over Dorado's shoulder to view the message' "Hmm i have a better idea. How about we meet up at the Eastern Military Facility and you demonstrate on any more lively targets that we come upon, because i need to test my new design and i would like to ensure that a flow of metal is reestablished. I suppose that my portion of pay could go to you if you keep me safe during our excursion." She says as she reforms her metal over her right fore-leg, again in a manner similar to plate mail. "But i need to return home to do the finishing touches on my new Guardian Type so i suppose that i'll meet you there? 'Smiles politely. (Cutely too.)' Anyway its been a pleasure meeting you, I do look forward to seeing you in action." 'After all his sighting style will be most enlightening on how to create a ranged combatant.' With that she walks outside and says "Ironheart please take me home quickly, we have much to do in order to adapt you to your new chassis." and with those words Ironheart gently picks Gear up with his grasping hand, and allows her to get comfortable in his grasp. (Obviously not the first time that shes done this.) Before leaping onto the rooftops again and racing to Gear's lab with startling speed.

(Gear is at home and isn't likely to emerge till shes finished with her construct. (Don't worry she'll be there in time for the operation... With a very large and effective Guardian Type at her disposal.))

@,

Fillydelphia Hideout- Central Chamber

News that the High Prophet himself was going to appear... Lautrec carefully eased the tea tray off of his back so that he could make himself a cup of the stuff himself. It was only after he had had a sip and relaxed a little did he  nod his head to Lady Derpy's statement. "Indeed, that is a big deal. Big enough in fact that I am going to have to remind the driver of my latest war machine the importance of dodging anti-armor. It shouldn't be to big an issue because it sounds like we'll be paying Whitegold a visit, but a couple of solid hits from the big hitters they do have and it would be like hitting a crab with a sledgehammer. Very messy. While I'm sure that it would no doubt be destroyed if the engagement gets big enough because any pony in a position of power with half a brain will make it a high ranking target because it's both new and it's slaughtering a lot of ponies, I'm quite confident that it will put on a good show all the same."

Nodding his head politely at Black Frost as the necromancer helped themselves to a cup of tea, Lautrec blinked for a moment before turning his head towards the Harl-equine squad leader with a suddenly sheepish but still warm smile. "Feel free to join us if you wish my lady. I'm afraid I don't have enough cups or tea to go around for the rest of your squad through, since I was under the impression everyone would be busy preparing for the party but I think we have just about enough goodies here to go around if nopony is greedy." It may not have been the grandest of gestures, but it was the thought that counted.

House Earthborn - Fillydelphia-Appleloosa Line

@,

Braeburn listened intently to Blueprint's suggestions, but in the end gave a slight shrug "We'll see when we reach Appleloosa, Ah suppose, though I think y'all will agree when we reach the scene of the crime," he said.

He brought his hat's strap up and over his head before taking the hat off to hold it in his hooves as he entered the train "We've heard about such activities before, Mrs Blueprint, though given where we are it'd be much appreciated if y'all could keep it down a little. Don't want to go scarin' folk, now do we?" he smiled brightly again, a smile of unshakeable positivity despite the sinister undertones of the subject "Like Ah said, it's nothin' to worry about right now, though your concern has been noted. You seem like an honest mare who cares about our House, so Ah'll pass along your concern to the General Board."

He nodded solemnly when Blueprint expressed her distaste for the Princesses; there was a degree of sadness in his smile now "It's a true shame that we have to go warrin' and quarrelin' like this, but like you say, it's all for a better land for all us honest pony folk. We ain't gonna be ruled by tyrants and liars no more - the will of the people will be heard."

He looked at Blueprint silently for a long while before asking "How long you been a member of this House, miss?"

House Earthborn - Cloudsdale Outskirts

@@The-Master,

Applejack squinted her one eye in the glare as she stared up at the city "Come on, damn it, before mah hooves freeze to the floor and I have to watch you pansy pegasi preen all year round..."

However, moments after she said that there was movement up in the clouds above, and a flash of rainbow strip in the sky caused her breath to catch in her throat. It must have been loud since, her lead guardsman whipped his head round and asked in a concerned voice "Everything all right, Supreme Commander?"

Applejack, straining to control her pulse, which had suddenly shot far beyond the pony norm, nodded, and gave a slightly choked-sounding "Yes," in response.

"Well, won't this be fun," she thought to herself "A big happy friendly reunion. Ah'm simply beside myself with anticipation..."

@@EquestrianScholar,

Guardians of Harmony – Mountain Base near Old Ponyville

Spell would read the paper, as her expression went a little bit moody at best. That wasn’t the best outcome she could have hoped for. In fact it was rather bad.

-“Five days… five days is probably not enough. Too much preparation to do, the main crystal core is not ready; the travel time alone will take several days.”

She would look over her things, trying to figure out what to do; she had a need to spread out a dozen of crystals around the area which was not anywhere near possible on such a short notice. Then again, there were a few things she could do.

-“The latter talks about the storm, which is an unique event so to say”  - she would explain – “It’s natural, untouched by weather magic storm. As is, it’s one of the rarest sights one could find from the weather point of view probably in whole of Equestria, maybe not counting Stormwing parades.

As she was speaking she was reaching out for all sorts of gem, little bits of metal holders for them and other things.

-“The fact is, in all probability five days is not enough time to reach it and make all preparations. So I need to disperse a part of magic somewhere around it, which will halt its movement and condensation for a few days. It cannot move through leftover magic, which is why it’s going to appear probably somewhere close to Earthborn territories.”

(OOC: Posting from phone:)

HOUSE MOON AND STAR - TRAIN TO HOOFINGTON

@Windbreaker

@Anonbrony

Snowy Fields took his time to thank about the effects of annexing Foaledo. "Well, if we can annex Foaldo it would most likely be quite a boon to our cause. Because of Its location at the head of a river that runs through much of Earthborns territory, we could impose a toll or tariffs on all trade ships that use the river. By doing so we could generate a rather modest income for the House. "

LBesides it's use to control trade going to Earthborns we could also use it to stage assaults on Manehattan. All that we need to worry about would be Foaledo opting to join House Whitegold or House Earthborns. However if we can get them to join trough diplomacy that wouldn't matter."

"This is all assuming that what I know of Foaledo is correct. Now if I may, why do you ask Reverand? Have there been rumors that we are planning to annex Foaledo?" Snowy Fields turned his head away from the Reverand to observe the passing country side while he he listened.

Everfree Tribes - Old Moon Castle

Fluttershy's eyes widened as she regarded the map, and almost immediately went to examine it, only for Standoff to put it right away. She nodded thoughtfully, and held silence for a moment as her mind raced. After a minute, she looked back up at Standoff. "Do you know anything about the Fillydelphia Gem Mines? What about activity in the area between New Ponyville and Dragonpoint?" She paused, looking thoughtful. Everfree's been internal and isolated for too long. If the Gems don't help, maybe a renewed expansion will draw my Liege back...

Everfree Tribes - Ghastly Gorge - Fillydelphia Gem Mines

The young caller hesitated, then sighed. To give himself thinking time, he decided, "I have a name, you know. Hindsight, remember?" 

He then looked out towards the Mines, then back at the Earthborn official. "I don't have the numbers of the exact output of these mines, nor how much of that output Earthborn strictly needs, so feel free to negotiate. But..." Hindsight glanced out the window again, and said, "Perhaps... One-sixth of your output?"

He clenched his teeth, which had been filed to points, unsure whether he had bargained too much or too little.

Everfree Tribes - Everfree Forest - Near Ghastly Gorge Scout Camp

@Tricksters Pride

So much for trying to outrun a naga and a wraith... What had Eve expected? 

"Hey..." Eve responded a little dully. "It's no big deal, these things happen. I'm Evergreen, of the Old Oaks Tribe. I've studied with the Witches quite a bit too, though, so I owe them my allegiance too." Eve paused, debating what would be safe to say. She didn't want to give away how closely connected she was with Fluttershy. That, Fluttershy had said, was of utmost importance. "I don't know," Eve lied. "I heard rumors that there have been lots of scouting trips out towards the old Lake. Maybe we're finally expanding the forest again."

Freelance - The Lonely Road - Between Ponyville and Golden Pines

"Nothing much," Cascade noted looking restless. "Ponies been poking around the lake lately. Some of the savages from out west, and some ponies I'd swear were either rebels, pirates, or Whitegold Mercenaries." She shrugged and stood up. "There'll be better things to hear if we head into town. Thanks for the tea," she said, setting down the half-empty cup of tea down on the log upon which she sat, and turning towards town. "I expect we'll see each other again," she murmured, trotting towards the hills behind which the Town of Golden Pines lay. "Unless you want to come with."

Edited by Dez

@@Tricksters Pride@@MagicalStarRain,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - District of Delights - La Casa del Dorado

(Next time don't just assume I will do something and then make a post saying I did so without consulting me. I would appreciate it if you waited for me to post. Even if you were busy it really isn't fair. You are lucky that that was what I was going to make Dorado do. If it wasn't I would be angry and make you get rid of the whole post you made. Which would be a pain in the arse wouldn't it?)

"Why yes, I do have a target in mind." Dorado began to load the crossbow by inserting the bolt and turning the crank. "And that target is..." He pulled up the crossbow and pointed it at Gear. He was about to threaten her but then he paused. He heard something upstairs "Que?" It sounded like his mailbox opened. "Mail!? It must be those damn Flim Flam Brothers!" He immediately dropped the crossbow and ran upstairs to get the mail. It was a lone letter. As Dorado was reading it to himself unknowingly Gear read it over his shoulder. When she spoke it startled him a bit, but he smiled when he heard her proposition. "Si senorita, sure thing. I was going to invite you a long anyway. Meet you there." He takes off his hat and bows and then she left. Ella sin duda sería útil en la misión. Yo incluso estar recibiendo su paga. Dinero adicional de un trabajo es siempre una buena cosa.

Once he was alone, he went into his kitchen and grabbed a loaf of bread. He ate the bread as he went upstairs to grab  a cape. He took some time deciding which one and continued to eat the bread. When he was satisfied and went downstairs to get his equipment. He finished the bread and took out the light gilded armor from the case. He then put the cape over it and flew up a picked out a nice medium sized crossbow along with a smaller crossbow similar to Isabella and put them on his back along with a quiver full of different bolts. He adjusted his hat, fixed his goatee and flew out to the Wall. "Hora ir buscar algo dinero!"

@@MagicalStarRain,

Eternity was quite surprised with Star's near success. "Wow! That was... actually impressive. You didn't hit them but you did get close. I was never able to get that close that quick. You really are something aren't you Star? Well since we have a meeting with Sparkle I didn't have any other activities planned. But we do have some time to kill don't we?" Eternity thought for a second remembering how he said they should focus on Star's art ability. "Hey, do you mind if you sow me a demonstration of what you can do? In terms of Art magic that is. If you show me some of your art magic again, I may have a better understanding on how we can help you specializing like I mentioned before." Eternity lay down on the grass with a notebook and pencil ready.

@@SilverHeart@@Windbreaker,

House Moon and Star - Train from Canterlot to Hoofington

(Silver may I suggest you look at the map again for Equestria Divided...)

The Reverend raised an eyebrow at Snowy. "Foaledo isn't near Earthborn territory. The river it is on run's through our territory. They are close to Whitegold, but I think they are too far away from Manehatten for Whitegold to want to be a protectorate of it. I suppose it could help our economy, but it might anger the citizens. Especially since I think there are non-unicorns living there." He thought for a minute as to why e thought of the question. "I am actually not sure as to why I asked. I might of overheard a rumor or something like that. But again I'm not entirely sure."

Edited by AnonBrony

@,

Braeburn listened intently to Blueprint's suggestions, but in the end gave a slight shrug "We'll see when we reach Appleloosa, Ah suppose, though I think y'all will agree when we reach the scene of the crime," he said.

He brought his hat's strap up and over his head before taking the hat off to hold it in his hooves as he entered the train "We've heard about such activities before, Mrs Blueprint, though given where we are it'd be much appreciated if y'all could keep it down a little. Don't want to go scarin' folk, now do we?" he smiled brightly again, a smile of unshakeable positivity despite the sinister undertones of the subject "Like Ah said, it's nothin' to worry about right now, though your concern has been noted. You seem like an honest mare who cares about our House, so Ah'll pass along your concern to the General Board."

He nodded solemnly when Blueprint expressed her distaste for the Princesses; there was a degree of sadness in his smile now "It's a true shame that we have to go warrin' and quarrelin' like this, but like you say, it's all for a better land for all us honest pony folk. We ain't gonna be ruled by tyrants and liars no more - the will of the people will be heard."

He looked at Blueprint silently for a long while before asking "How long you been a member of this House, miss?"

@,

"Of course, all of us could hope that this conflict can come to an end. I had expected the issue to last for a month. Instead it lengthened for more than a decade. The population would be worn out and tired at this rate," Blueprint sighed. "But then again, the other houses would have experienced the same outcome. Maybe the fight would end soon, and things would return to its initial state."

Blueprint knew, of course, that this was patently not the case. The unicorns and the earth ponies have been so divided that negotiations and diplomacy was impossible. The town Ponyville was virtually flooded - its previous beautifulness can only now be observed in the pages of a book - and several other towns and cities had suffered the unfortunate fate of demolishment.

"I've been the member of the Earthborn since the secession, General Braeburn," Blueprint responded. "I lived in the old city, Fillydelphia, ever since I graduated from law school. Even before I lived near the Crossroads, not far from New Ponyville and the lake. The law school I graduated from was in Manehatten, however. Whitegold territory now."

Blueprint looked past her seat at the hallway. "When's the food cart going to come..." she muttered audibly. "I haven't eaten my own morning meal yet. I used to remember when I sat on a train before -" she smiled slightly "- there was this train cook that moved around the train with his cart. The frequent passengers used to call him 'Donut'; or that was probably his name, I don't know. Not too certain where he is now. Sure wish he could be here."

@@MagicalStarRain

Steel's heart leapt in his chest at the site of the signature. Fancypants was his hero; a self-made stallion and a true gentlecolt! Steel had to contain himself from squeeing with glee, but he managed to reserve that for home.

Soon, he soared over the facility the letter directed him too. He wore his usual attire of hat and vest, but he took the time to clean and press them. His feathers were preened, his goatee and mustache were trimmed, and Donkey Jote, his twin swords, rested polished and shined in their scabbards at his side. He wanted to look his best for his idol after all.

Though a part of him wondered what Fancypants hoped to accomplish by summoning him. Steel was no metallurgist . . . ironically. His knowledge of crafting such materials only extended to some very basics and he didn't know where one would find them. Nevertheless, he knew Fancypants wouldn't send for him on pure speculation, and he was honored his hero even knew who he was.

Steel landed and approached the one he assumed was his host.

"Good day to you." Steel said, taking his hat off and bowing. "Steel Accord, swashbuckler for hire, I believe the General has sent for me." Steel continued as he rose back up and replaced his hat on his head.

House Earthborn

If there was one thing Poppy hated, it was marching. But she chose this life and it wouldn't do to turn back now. She just kept marching, the thought of crushing Unicorn skulls with every blow keeping her spirits up. Then she noticed Long Stride approach her again.

'He's back... Ugh, how irritating...'

"It's Poppy Seed. Two seperate names. Need me to write it down for you? Shall I do a little dance and sing it for you, too? What do you want anyway?" She asked, showing off the abrasive personality she had developed during her time in the military. But she figured that he wasn't going to go away this time.

'Well, it's not like what he does matters much to me anyway...'

"May inquire about yourself, Reverend? How did you come to be in the Inquisition?" Kinetic asked, the fearful edge removed from his voice, though he still wasn't sure what caused his change in mood.

He felt a smile creep onto his face as his panic faded into a dull tingling sensation in the back of his skull and his crestfallen attitude gave way to a slow trickling of enthusiasm. He was excited to meet this Astrolabe and just what kind of a scientist she was.

Edited by Windbreaker

@MagicalStarRain,

House Whitegold - Arcane Distract - Twisted Gear's Private Quarters

(Note that Gear's Private Quarters are in the Living Section of the house, are separate form the Lab/Workshop Section, and is one of the few parts that dose not have any traps. (Its next to impossible to access without detection or decapitation anyway.))

"Vickers you have the materials for our excursion don't you?" Vickers nods in response which Gear seems slightly amused by, and as she shakes her head she smiles and says "Then i trust that we are ready to go?" and at this Vickers nods, tucks the case under his right arm, and politely opens the door "Thank you Vickers." Gear then makes for the front entrance.

House Whitegold - Arcane Distract - Twisted Gear's Front Entrance

If one closely inspected the front entrance one might notice that the room was oversized and had very large doors. (Almost gates.) There was a reason for this as the right wall was false and could be lifted from the other side if extreme force was used, this was not a problem for Gear's newest creation. The several meter tall behemoth would tower over even an Earthborn Juggernaut  being over twice the size of an average pony with a pair of metal columns for legs and supports branching out at its knees giving it two stable platforms for each leg, a large rectangular (Towering up.) core with a box-like head on top (Swivel mounted), to finish it off it had two limbs that ended in a four inch thick and two meter tall steel shield that was angled for deflection on the left and a oversized war-hammer with a wicked metal pikehead on top on the right. (Not to mention it had so much armor that it looked like it could survive a few hits from a cannon.) Surprisingly it wasn't as slow as it looked, it certainly wouldn't be doing back-flips anytime soon but it could keep up with most troops. All in all it was Gear's first true Battle-Ready Construct, not an Ambusher like Ironheart or a Servant like Vickers. Anyway Gear approached the newly activated construct with Vickers following (Ironheart watching carefully as usual.) and cheerfully says (The neural link isn't finalized yet this is just a test run and its not at full capacity.) "Come on Ice we have to test your capabilities today." 'Ice' proceeds to follow directly behind Vickers and Gear while they make for the meeting place, Ironheart following from his hiding places all the while.

(I'll show up in a bit don't worry Ice will be a good addition to the offense or defense of our party, even though he isn't at full capacity yet. (Gear's creation's need some time to 'warm up' before they're at their best.))

Edited by Tricksters Pride

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

Rest assured that Long Stride wasn't in the greatest mood after that, in fact he was quite cross. Had he come across hostile at all? Not the last time he checked. This mare’s reaction was completely unjustified and overblown. Any other pony would have ended there, but Long Stride was far more stubborn.

“I came to pass the time, Miss Poppy Seed. Now are you going to run your mouth through the dirt again or are we going to act civil for once?”

House Stormwing @,

Rainbow Dash didn’t trust Earthborn, their practices and ideals controversial to say the least. All previous attempts at diplomacy had been short lived with both parties to blame. After the recent events there was also a great deal of political uncertainty, Stormwing was in no position to go around making alliances.

She tasked Master Guardian Thunderlane with gathering her Honorguard, thirty Royal Lancers armed and ready for battle. Nothing was to be left to chance. Thunderlane was given the duty of bearing the Standard of House Stormwing, a flag woven with precious metals and decorated with gems.

They departed for the fields, preferring to meet their enemy a safe distance from the city rather than risk any unnecessary casualties. Signalling the company to descend, Dash came to a halt before the Earthborn ranks with only twenty yards separating them. The Lancers formed a solid phalanx of razor sharp spears, prepared to strike at any moment while the commander stepped forward. 'Now's when things get interesting.'

“Scions of Earthborn!” Rainbow addressed them. “Why have you come to our doorstep? Let your leader speak!”

@@

Was this really it? Rainbow Dash had promised a company of experts to deal with this threat and this is all she send for. A scholar, an earth pony, a unicorn and a dusty old commander. Not even one griffon to be seen. Attempting to hide her obvious pout, Scootaloo pressed on with Rainbow Dash’s command.

“Alright then, enough of the introductions. We’ve wasted enough time already.” She signalled them to start following her out of the courtyard and onto the city streets. “Dash called you all here because she believes there’s a threat to this Houses security and seems to think that you’re capable enough to deal with it. Hopefully she’s right.”

They took a turn towards the city centre, nearing the market place. The area was under strict guard, barricades set up at all entrances to restrict entry. “We’re getting close now. This is where the bomb went off. We don’t know how or why it happened, just that too many innocents died because of it. This is where we come in.”

The guard gave the company a nod and allowed them to pass into the scene. All across the blackened cobblestone bits of rubble and debris remained from the blast, evidence of the shops and stalls that used to stand on this ground. It was like stepping into another world.

“The attack happened two days ago; forty dead and nearly seventy wounded. It happened too fast for anypony to even react.” Scootaloo turned back to face the group. “Rainbow Dash seems to think you can find the ones responsible for this. I hope she isn’t lying.”

Edited by The-Master

@@Marathon@,@,

The Harlequine smiled, revealing pointed teeth, and came over to join them. She just enough treats for her squad, then retreated to the other members, passing the pastries around the squad. Derpy watched them a bit before shrugging and turning back to Lautrec.

"While I see your point, I'm more worried about the Earthborn. I haven't seen one of their patrols yet that comes without a large cannon of some sort." She sighed. "But that shouldn't happen. The route that takes us to Manehattan drives us right by Ponyville... or, rather, what used to be Ponyville." She was silent for a few seconds. "It has plenty of corpses. Although it would be disrespecting the rest due to the ones that died to the cruel Archmagister's manipulation, the Laughing Mare will forgive us if we must do it only in self defense."

@@Grand_Finale,

Southern Mercenary Camp

She looked over and pulled a half-scary, playing around face, raising her hooves as if pretending to pounce on you. "Oh, no, she didn't get it on the first try. Grrr..." She burst out laughing- an honest laugh, not one of the insane laughs of the ponies surrounding her. She shook her head. "Oh, well. You seem to think that you need to succeed at everything the first time! It took me at least ten times before I could even get a corpse to stand by itself, let alone shamble along." She shrugs. "Well, I honestly think that practice is the best medicine. You are an earth pony, after all. Magic comes less naturally to you."

@@MagicalStarRain

As the force surged into the wall, the Jesters threw large bombs amongst the camp, while the party cannon took aim and fired, eviscerating a mercenary into a pile of guts and meat- albeit with a fun sound and confetti. everywhere. The Laughing Dead formed a meat shield between the Revelers, who mauled anyone the zombies left alive. Euphories dueled above with griffons above, their wingblades flashing in the moonlight, and the Grinning Worm pulled into it's box anypony it could grab ahold of...

((Your turn.))

@@AnonBrony,

"Well, thank you!" Star Rain saw his request as a sign to take her blindfold off and so she did. "Art magic? Well, I mainly use it to edit my pictures if something goes wrong. I suppose I can use my spells to make fake objects," she said as she levitated a rock over. With her magic, she changed its color to a light blue color, changed its luster, and she changed its texture. The ordinary piece of granite looked like turquoise now.

"I use this series of techniques for collages. I can make things look like something else, but I can't change the shape. Also, it only changes the exterior, not the interior. Meaning if you break this stone apart, you'll see the granite underneath." She paused just in case Eternity needed to catch up.

"Also, this is just a work in progress, but I recently found a way to change the color of my spells. My horn still glows blue when casting, but I can make that magic blast of mine come out green like your's," she added, before getting an exasperated look on her face. "It still blows up in my face sometimes though."

@@Steel Accord

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Millitary Facility

(OOC: Steel, can you type up where your character is at the moment in grey letters like I did? I'll be able to keep track of you better.)

The host glanced up and held his hoof up as a signal for silence. He glanced around to make sure nobody(there was a griffon and zebra or two here) was watching and whispered,"Where were you born?"

• Brohoof 1

@,

"True enough Lady Derpy. I admit that my next creation would be more up to the task of dealing with the forces of the Earthborn. We just need some sharks, some gorillas and a couple of gems that can produce strong enough lazes from its eyes to metal steel." Lautrec explained with a completely serious look on his face before taking a sip of his tea.

At the mention of Ponyville, Lautrec stopped smiling. In fact, he out right frowned as he joined the Lady in her moment of silence. "With all due respect my lady, I would only touch those bodies if it was do or die. And even then..." He seemed to wince a little at the idea of disturbing the flooded city, moving closer to Derpy and whispering his next words into her ear because of how secretive it was "Ponyville got flooded long before I even knew it existed, but... she mentioned it once years ago. It's the one day a year that we don't talk. Instead, she just cries and I listen and be there for her the best that I can." He wouldn't have told that to just any pony, since it was a very personal thing between himself and his wife. But Derpy was one of her closest friends and had lived in Ponyville with her. If anypony could understand the pain she was going through and knew how to keep it to themselves, it would be Derpy.

"So, shall we start getting underway or are we waiting for the High Prophet to arrive first?" Lautrec asked aloud, moving back to where he had been before.

@,

House Whitegold - Artisan District - Just outside the Performance Hall

Having located the mare he was looking for and getting no response from her, Myopia took a moment to check if she was alright. She was clearly still breathing which he considered a promising start and by pressing his ear against her chest she clearly had a pretty solid sounding heart beat. Assured that the mare was still alive, he softly began to shake her by pressing a hoof on her shoulder. " Ms, are you alright?" he asked, trying to bring her back to the land of the waking.

Edited by Myopia Oncler
  • Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain,

((OOC: Oh, so sorry. I was excited was all.))

House Whitegold - The Wall - Secret meeting point 

Steel was taken aback somewhat by the odd and off putting question. "I . . . was born in Canterlot. My family moved here when Star and Moon took over." Steel explained.

It was true. Steel was born in Canterlot, at that time, a shining metropolis and testament to everything that was great about Equestria. His father was a doctor and his mother a gardener. However, when it was clear a unicorn with an earth pony wife and pegasus son would no longer be welcomed there, they made a long and difficult transition that eventually ended up in Manehatten. Steel had no spent the majority of his young adult life here, and considered it home.

"If I may ask good sir, why the clandestine nature of this meeting? Surely the General wouldn't have called out for me had he not trusted that I would accept his quest." Steel whispered out of respect for his contact's wishes, but had a growing feeling of discomfort. He was never comfortable with deception, being a very sincere and straightforward pony.

HOUSE EVERFREE, EVERFREE FOREST SOUTHERN QUADRANT, 0938 HOURS, STANDOFF

"Well, New Ponyville's been the subject of a couple of attacks, mostly by House forces, but I've heard worrying things said about the presence of marauders in that area as well. A friend of mine told me that Dragonpoint's not incredibly well-defended, I'm guessing because it's a big mountain, but since there are some good climbers here, it could be your big mountain by the end of the week. Expanding in between the two would be tough. I'm betting you'd see an immediate crackdown from at least two houses, maybe more." Standoff paused, coughed, and continued. "Now, the Fillydelphia mines are a bit of a blank spot in my knowledge. That said, I know where they are, and it'd be a minimum of effort to take them over and hold them down. Not sure why you would want to, but whatever. You're the one dangling my life on a string in front of me, right? Anyway. One thing you could use the mine for is a bartering foothold with the Diamond Dogs. They like all sorts of gems, not just diamonds, and a permit to use the tunnels would be fairly useful in your situation."

Edited by Monsieur Buttmad

@,

Braeburn's smile turned sorrowful again as Blueprint expressed her optimism for the end of the war "We can only hope, Mrs Blueprint. With any luck, the Supreme Commander'll knock the other Houses into the dirt with whatever she's got planned, and then we'll finally be free."

The Ranger raised an eyebrow when he heard of Blueprint's long membership in the House "From the very beginning, eh?" he began "Seems we could have used you in the past, miss. Ain't you never considered registered service before?"

House Earthborn - Ghastly Gorge - Fillydelphia Gem Mines

@,

The captain chose to ignore the Caller's trivial statements and instead went straight to business, staring into space as he considered the offer "One-sixth..." he said without any particular tone, then looked back to Hindsight "You drive a fair bargain, though you're lucky I've been given full authority over tis section of mine. Otherwise I'd have to call General Smart Flank down here and you'd be waiting for quite some time."

The captain stepped out of the small shack in which negotiations had taken place and led the Caller over to a store room full of glimmering gems "This is last weeks yield, awaiting shipment. You'll want to take, oh, around eight crates of assorted gems. I'll send a latter to the General Board informing them of this deal. However, if I hear about a single Everfree raider around this timber you speak of," he drew his sword and looked it over slowly "Well, let's just say my sword hasn't been blooded in a while..."

House Earthborn - Cloudsdale Outskirts

@@The-Master,

The Supreme Commander watched with equal feelings of anxiety and anticipation as the Stormwing honour guard began their descent from the clouds above.

"Make ready, stallions," she said, though she did not yet draw her own weapon, as it would not be conducive to negotiations if she had naked steel in her hooves.

With hard eyes she watched their descent to ground level, and brought her thundering heart under control as one of her five mortal foes set down just a few yards away behind another wall of shields.

Ah am the will of the ponies, she thought to herself Ah will do what is best for mah people, no matter what may happen. Ah am part of Equestria's beatin' heart, a torch that stands against the darkness of lies and deception. Ah am Applejack the Ever-Vigilant and the voice of Equestria. Ah will not fear and Ah will not falter.

In response to Commander Rainbow Dash's challenge, she gave a measured reply "Ah am no scion, only one of the first among equals. But nevertheless, Ah have come to parley with you, in the hope that both of our honourable Houses might come to an agreement that might benefit both our peoples."

@@MagicalStarRain,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle - Courtyard

Eternity was fascinated by what Star did to that rock. It was as if it was a transformation spell, yet it wasn't. "That is very intriguing . Maybe you will be able to change other things. Maybe even yourself? Be great for disguises." Eternity was starting to write down some notes. Mainly idea on how to improve her skills and idea on what she could be good at. "Changing the color of your aura is very interesting though. I never really thought a unicorn could do that.  It seem their aura always seemed to match their cutiemark color or their eye color. I wonder why that is. Anyway, is that all art spells you could do? Thought you knew more stuff. Hmmm... none the less, now's time for my favorite part!" Eternity lit up like a light bulb, as he rummaged though his bags and too out a very large and heavy textbook. "BOOK WORK!! Now if you may, turn to page 136 and we'll get started!"

(Timey Wimey skip past boring textbook stuff?)

@@Windbreaker@@SilverHeart,

Crucible was somewhat surprised by the sudden question. He was more surprised it came from Kinetic since seemed to be really worried a moment ago. "Oh well, I became a priest soon after the Regal Sister's left us. Which is why they call me Reverend. I was a priest for a while but I always helped the Inquisition by telling them who possible heretics were. A few years back they asked me if I wanted to join. I was glad they asked me so. So yes, I actually haven't been in the Inquisition for as long as you two've been but they say my skills are good. They say I'm great at making the blasphemers return to way's of Celestia. (Otherwise known as making them confess) I've even mastered the 'Long technique'."

@@Steel Accord, @@MagicalStarRain,  @@Tricksters Pride,  

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Millitary Facility

Dorado flew to the location that was mentioned on the letter. Once he landed he noticed two ponies nearby. One of them was a pegasus and seemed to be a pony of fortune too just like him. He walked up to them and introduced himself.

"¡Saludos! ¡Soy El Dorado!" he took off his hat, bowed his head then put it back on. He walked up to them and whispered. "I am meeting somepony here, would you two happened to know them?" It wasn't really a good question, but he knew not to be so loud or to ask if they were his contractors. What if they weren't? He would of just revealed the secret then. He also knew his contractor would probably know who he is or at least knew that he would be a pony looking for them. If they were just random ponies, they would react differently than if he was speaking to the one he was meeting.

• Brohoof 1

Cult of Laughter- Mercenary Camp

@

Tarot smiled, grateful that everything went well. "Yeah, its habit Ive developed. I'll keep trying though" She said sincerely, truly wanting to do what she could for her mentor. She was incredibly conflicted, she wanted to be a good student and help her teacher, whom she believed was one of the few sane ponies around, but at the same time, as she watched the chaos and destruction happen around her, she didnt want any part in creating this violence.

Tarot watched what was happening all around her, both to help her learn as much as she could, and simply because she couldnt turn away from the gruesome scene. Ponies were dieing left and right in agonizing and terrible ways. Something in Tarot told her she needed to help those poor ponies, but she knew she would be a traitor if she did such a thing. She was already a traitor of one house, she didnt need to betray the Cult as well.

She turned to her mentor, watching her perform the necromancing spells with ease. She studied the way she looked, the way she created the spark. As much as she wanted to leave this battle, Tarot wanted to help. She had felt useless for far too long.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Braeburn's smile turned sorrowful again as Blueprint expressed her optimism for the end of the war "We can only hope, Mrs Blueprint. With any luck, the Supreme Commander'll knock the other Houses into the dirt with whatever she's got planned, and then we'll finally be free."

The Ranger raised an eyebrow when he heard of Blueprint's long membership in the House "From the very beginning, eh?" he began "Seems we could have used you in the past, miss. Ain't you never considered registered service before?"

@,

The train sped out of the bustling city of Fillydelphia, entering the rural countryside. The tall skyscrapers and the industrialized factories were replaced with wooden houses and cottages (which were four-story tall at the most), which dotted the landscape in a scattered manner. Stone or dirt roads connected the residencies. Occasionally there would be towns with small clusters of buildings, lampposts, and organized checkerboard roads, which showed that even in the rural world, some ponies kept up with the times.

The train had recently passed through Frontiersville, a town in the outer regions of frontier which began to show its distinctive appearance that could be compared to several previous "boom-towns" that had prevailed even since the pioneers had arrived. That was when Braeburn replied, which again disturbed her. Blueprint shook her head, and rejoined, "That was not what I was thinking of General Braeburn. If the fight lasted for a decade in a stalemate, what is it to say that it won't last for another? We could keep on fighting, and fighting, and fighting, until we fall into the dirt ourselves to succumb to death. The purpose we're fighting for is disappearing.

"And even if we win, the other Houses might not give up so easily. We can beat them down many times, but they'll get up just as much." Blueprint wondered what she was saying was tactful, though she didn't really care; she was hired into the job, and they couldn't slap it out of her hooves now. "This conflict is destructing all of us. The only way to truly solve a problem is to take care of the root. I'm not a political pony, but I think that diplomacy might be more useful than rivalry. Possibly an alliance, if we're lucky enough."

"All these years," Blueprint explained, "I had a family to deal with myself. Probably the only few things today that make me happy, and forget everything that happened. Back then, I was uncertain what should I do, who should I side with. I developed a hatred for the Princesses, practicing book burnings and trying to lose my memories of when they existed, these deceitful tricksters. But it still didn't pleasure me.

"Eventually I had no choice. There was nowhere I can go to, and I decided to wholeheartedly dedicate myself to Earthborn. While I don't like what I do, it's all for a better world, or at least I believe it is. Maybe we can unify ourselves again, like the how the pony tribes merged after the windigo blizzard." Blueprint bit her lip. "But how can unification happen when we are all so different? Enslavement of our race is a crime against ponykind; manipulative lying is not a tolerance in our homeland; barbarism doesn't remain in our bloodlines. 

"I had once heard that the Supreme Commander and the other House leaders were once the Elements of Harmony," Blueprint laughed. "How ironic. They also mentioned how friendship could solve everything, but alas, that was also a lie, a lie fabricated by the Princesses themselves. I don't believe in anything anymore..." She looked away, covering her face with her hat.

I look so pathetic, she thought. But what I'm saying is the truth, nothing but the truth. They haven't realized it yet.