Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided - When Harmony is Lost

GreyScholar

House Stormwing @

‘Applejack?!’

The commander’s eyes suddenly narrowed to pin pricks. Feelings of rage, anger and conflict began to build up within her. Here she was standing right before her. Looking back to her guard, Thunderlane motioned that if a fight was necessary then they were ready for it.

‘I have seen my share of death, both honorable and despicable, and yes, I know that war is a brutal, bloody business capable of bringing out the best and the worst in ponies. This is a harsh, dangerous world, with untold terrors lurking in the dark to devour us, but the minute we turn on our own kind and murder them; we might as well take a blade to our throats.’

Rainbow Dash thought hard on her next words, longer than she felt comfortable with. There was a dead silence following Applejack's own address, causing the tension to escalate. Finally, however, she began to speak.

“Leave…  now, and never think about showing your face here again.” Returning to her guards ranks, she followed up on her statement. “You shouldn't have come here Applejack, I have no reason to not have you killed on site.”

Edited by The-Master

FIllydelphia hideout. Da cult.

@@Marathon,

Wind's smile grew wider. "NO! AHAHAHAahaha...ha...haaa....." Her laugh faded slightly and she looked back at her squad, her smile widening and she raised an eyebrow, her teeth flashing evilly. The mares all quickly forced a laugh, making Wind's expression go back to its usual...less happy grin then it was when she looked back. "That was a jooooooke.......but Capturing ponies isn't my thing...as long as I can do something...to help...and maybe a small reward?" She asked, bumping her flank against Lila's.

@,

House Everfree. Near the ghastly gorge scout camp.

Violet raised an eyebrow...she had a funny feeling Eve was lying about not knowing, but Violet assumed that Eve had a good reason so she dropped it and looked ahead. "Whatever it is, I hope we end up doing something. Kinda wish I could get out a little more." She said, stretching her arms, waking Ariana up.
The boa hissed and slithered down Violets body to move off into the forest. Violet watched her go for a moment before looking ahead again, adjusting her leather jacket.

Freelance - The Lonely Road - Between Ponyville and Golden Pines

Crystal downed her slush tea thing before getting up quickly. She used her magic to put away anything she had out before putting out the fire and trotting over to Cascade. "I was gonna ask you the same thing. We should stick together for a bit, seems like we're in a bit of the same situation." She said, trotting down the road, the fireplace by the overgrown tracks smoking slightly.

Edited by ~Crystal Fire~

House Stormwing
@@The-Master
,Selune observed the area, her eyes looking around for something. Terra realised what she was after... remnants of the contraption that caused the explosion and soon what she said confirmed it.

"Has the scene been tampered with? It would be very helpful if it wasn't... if there are any remnants of whatever caused this to happen it would help us a lot. The manufacturer of it will not doubt have left a mark... especially if it's an industrial production." 

She then proceeded to scour the area for fragments. Her eyes had a slight magical swirl within them as she was scouting to find tracing of mana that the item would have left if it was a magical device. 

In the meantime Terra looked out for ponies still in the area. While Selune was concerned about the items, Terra was concerned about the witnesses... Star Keeper... a member of the political side of House Stormwing. Maybe he could ask a few questions... find out why someone would want to bomb this place. No action comes without cause... maybe someone was a target here.

"Mister Star Keeper... my name is Terra Lionmane. I understand you are part of the senate? Has there been any political gathering recently? Or perhaps something like this had been planned and cancelled due to the bombing? Oh and another note..." he turned towards Miss Scootaloo trying to speak with as much respect as possible. 

"Are there any survivors of the event? All witnesses will have to pass through some interrogation... information is the most important thing we need right now. I suspect transportation logs will be required too... unless the bombs were made in Cloudsdale, which i highly doubt... they must have been transported here."

@Dez "We'll need all the help we can get..." said Selune smilling at the pegasus that was with them.

Edited by nioniosbbbb

House Earthborn

Poppy's eyes narrowed. She was surprised that there was somepony with as unpleasant an attitude as hers, and that said pony was bothering  to converse with her. Her thoughts turned away from her bloodlust to intrigue. It had been a while since somepony returned her words in  kind. "I just don't like ponies getting my name wrong. Two words isn't so hard to remember."

She toned down her hostility enough for a civil conversation. It would be pointless to engage in an escalating battle of sarcasm and whatever passed for wit these days. Something about the way Long Stride spoke brought to mind her old Commanding Officer, though. She smirked at the thought of the old codger still serving in the Earthborn military. "You wouldn't happen to know a Pony-at-Arms named Blunt Force, would you?"

House Moon and Star - Train from Canterlot to Hoofington

"Ah. How interesting. The Long Technique, you say? Not many have mastered such a technique, though, I think Archmagister Sparkle is  among the masters, possibly the inventor thereof," Kinetic said, absent-mindedly inspecting the drinks for something that he liked. Upon discovering one of his favourites, he lifted the bottle for a closer look. "Ooh, I haven't had this one in ages. I think the last time was three years ago, for my birthday, I think."

He poured some into his glass and took a sip, drinking slowly so as to savour it. "Truly, the little things in life are what makes it fulfilling..."

House Stormwing @@

Scootaloo shook her head at Selune. “No, the market has been cordoned off by the Hoplite Guard as soon as we had the situation under control. A few other ponies have come in to identify bodies, but little else.”

Star Keeper, however, wasn’t expecting the questions to reach him at all. He failed to see how the senate would have any role to play in this, but cooperated with Terra none the less. “Yes, I’m part of the Council of the Areopagus. Our last gathering took place a week before the bombing and the next was to be held the day after. Obviously, due to these unexpected events, we had to call off the gathering. About seven of our own court died in the blast.”

Scootaloo stepped in when her name was called. “There were plenty of survivors, although many of them still bear the scars. Most of them are receiving treatment, but there should be some witnesses on sight. The guard were patrolling the market about the time the bomb was detonated, maybe they could help you.”

(At this point you basically have free reign in terms of evidence you collect and information you acquire. Once you feel you have enough you can make your claim and we can move on to the next stage.)

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

Her change of tone was…  unexpected, but not unpleasant. Long Stride kept silent and stoic till she inquired over a certain pony. “I’ve seen many ponies come and go, the name doesn’t ring a bell. Life expectancy here isn’t exactly very good, I’m surprised I’ve even lasted this long.”

Sucking up his pride, Long decided to make some amends for his earlier comments. “And I apologize for how I spoke to you before. Wasn’t my place to speak, and certainly not to a mare. You’re still some fifty miles from the nearest decent pony because it certainly ain’t me.”

@@Spell Shock

Guardians of Harmony – Mountain Base near Old Ponyville

"I could perhaps help disperse the storm," Golden Dawn offers the young filly after some consideration before asking her as he would any with more understanding of magic, "so what is it that I would need to do and what will we would need to get done?" After such questioning he would wave his wing for Spell Shock to follow him once she was finished getting what she need at her desk. He still needed to get some things of his own. Golden knew from her words that they would need to hurry if they were to get there in time.

Though it would seem they would need to wait a moment longer as it would seem Spell Nexus wished to see them off as he walked around and between the many ponies in the room. Once he was before then he would say, "I hope they'll be no issue, I understand it is short notice but as I'm sure you both understand such storms as this a very hard to come by." With such words he would offer both of them an amulet each, with the symbols of the celestial sisters over top of shield and says, "these should help you on your journey, help you move swiftly and safely to where need to go."

@,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Mercenary camp

The mercenaries scurried at the sight of the bombs and a couple were caught in the blast. After that(and I'm doing this assuming the bombs are regular explosives), a unicorn got an idea and began to use his gun and magic to herd the Laughing Dead into the fire left behind by the bombs. Other, mostly earthbound, mercenaries followed suit while fending off any zombie that got close, mainly aiming for the head.

While the griffons and the pegasi battled the Euphories above, a couple mercenaries who could fly sniped the Revelers from afar or flew straight in with their blades flashing. Another sniper(a unicorn who could use the Magic Missile spell), was focused on the Grinning Worm.

(OOC: Player CoL's turn!)

@,@,

(OOC: Epic said she was going to post after me, so I suggest editing your post. Epic, you'll have to reply to Myopia and not me.)

@@AnonBrony,

(OOC: To be honest, I don't have too many ideas for art spells other than camouflage and a barrier that, inside, looks like you're in a 2d collage world. I might just go to Scholar for some ideas.)

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle

actually had more to share, but alright. "Ok then, book work it is!" she said rather excitedly while tossing the stone away and probably hitting a passing mage in the head with it. A question then came to her head and she hesitated before asking it. "Out of curiosity, did you ever hear of a unicorn medic named Ginseng?" 

• Brohoof 1

@@AnonBrony,

((OOC: Deepest apologies for not posting. My new job took some getting used to and I've been busy with school and other family matters. Again so sorry.))

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. Dorado!" Steel returned his gesture by similarly removing his hat with a dramatic bow. "Steel Accord, freelance writer and swashbuckler for hire." Steel responded politely and rattled off his credentials while replacing his hat. "If you are referring to that letter with the job opportunity from General Fancypants, I do believe this slightly paranoid gentlecolt is indeed our contact." Steel indicated the stallion with a friendly chuckle.

Steel still tried to keep his voice low, but he didn't see why their would be any need to keep this meeting secret. The one just arriving seemed the amicable sort as well. Steel wondered if the two would be asked to work together. Steel felt like he would enjoy whatever this task was if that were the case. Marching off to war was always easier when one had a friend at their side.

@@EquestrianScholar

-“We do not need to disperse the storm per say, just the halt its core from creation. “ – she replied, considering all the possibilities  – “it’s a storm so big in potential, what its core is more like a core of a tornado then of a storm, this is what of interest for us. I think we will have to perform the project which I had in mind on a much smaller scale, this should halt the process for a few days.”

She would follow him swiftly, she was thinking if two of them could potentially concentrate the spell enough. Then they had to stop to talk to Spell Nexus she would nod.

-“Thank you, this is actually quite fortunate to be able to meet you” – she would say, levitating an amethyst she was working earlier on – “it is done. If it’s not much to ask, could someone keep it near an open window?”

As she looked over the amulet, she would probably put it on her neck, covering it slightly with her hair. It wouldn’t be a big issue for her to hide it in case of need and as is, she would prefer not to lose it in her pockets. 

@@MagicalStarRain,

Eternity looked at her, curious, as he flipped through the pages of a book. "A pony named Ginseng? Who was a Medic for the house?" Eternity thought for a moment. Putting his hoof to his chin. He could remember somepony by that name, but it was faint. "Uhh the name seems familiar... though I think I heard it a long time ago. I don't really know who that pony is. Sorry, I don't think I can help you." He flipped through the book again, but then he started to wonder why she would be looking for a pony of that name. It was very odd. "Why do you ask?" He said to her.

(Once you reply I will time skip. I want us to meet with Twilight soon. Unless Star has more to ask Eternity.)

@@Steel Accord, @@MagicalStarRain,  @@Tricksters Pride,  

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Millitary Facility

"Ah I see, you are a mercenary as well? Fantástico." He didn't yell. But it wasn't a whisper neither. On the inside however, Dorado wasn't really excited about having yet another partner on this mission. On one hoof it makes the job easier, however, e is probably going to want pay, unlike Gear who said she didn't need payment if Dorado protected her. Dorado doesn't like splitting the pay. He'd rather kill the other pony then let him have his money. "Take us to the employer fine stallion so that we may know our mission. And Also, I have a pony coming to join me here soon. She is a bit late. She had something to get." He said to their contact. 

@@Windbreaker

House Moon and Star - Train from Canterlot to Hoofington

"Yes it its true." Crucible responded. "Not many have Mastered it. However, not even The Archmagister has. She does not need to. She wasn't even the creator of the technique. It called the Long technique because it created by a psychologist working for the Inquisition by the name of Professor Long Fang. You are familiar with it right? How it is used to hypnotize ponies with ease. Allow us to gain control over them, and even get them to tell the truth. Trixie herself is well versed in it, but she still prefers the more traditional way. More satisfying she says haha! She does have a point though. Who wouldn't want to see a damned heretic be punished by the fullest extent of Celestia's wrath am I right?" He then poured another drink for himself. 

(If anyone got that reference in there. You win the Internet.)

Edited by AnonBrony

@@Spell Shock,

Golden Dawn gave Spell Shock a nod before turning to the one coming towards them, not having any time to say more. Spell Nexus consider the filly she put on the amulet and gave him the crystal, before the former headmaster Princess Celestia School for Gifted Unicorns says, "yes I do and make sure the crystal is placed somewhere open to the outside."

With such the old stallion would ask, "Please be careful, as I cannot help but worry about you Spell Shock as I would my daughter."

With such Mr. Nexus would turn to Golden Dawn and say, "you keep each other safe."

With such he would turn around and leave to check on other researchers, not turning his face back to the filly given a mission when he left and understanding she could very well be annoyed at the sentiment and him then telling the stallion next to Spell shock to protect her essentially.

Golden Dawn would then turn back to Spell and say, "let's go."

((A mountain base likely wouldn't have any windows really.))

Edited by EquestrianScholar

@@AnonBrony,@@Steel Accord,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Military Facility 

The pony looked indifferent to everything the two stallions were saying, though he would've preferred to bring them in one by one without attracting so much attention. He coughed to get their attention and asked Dorado,"Who did you adore the most?" 

@@AnonBrony,

Star Rain was disappointed, unsurprised, and relieved at the same time. Well of course he wouldn't know why you asked! You never even speak of your father, you idiot! "Well, I heard he got mauled to death by Earthborn soldiers while out on some mission. Rumors say that his family didn't do so well after it and the mother went mad with grief. I wonder what happened to his kid," she said matter-of-factly, trying to disguise it as a news story she heard a little over a year ago. "It's just a memory that came to mind. Let's start," Star said quickly.

It had hurt her to lie about her own background, especially to Eternity. It was semi-clear that she was hiding something.

• Brohoof 1

@@AnonBrony, @@Steel Accord,  @@MagicalStarRain,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Military Facility

Almost immediately after the contact finishes speaking Gear rounds the corner with Vickers who appears to be carrying some kind of pack. She starts to speak but as soon as she notices the contact she stops and gets closer before speaking in a quieter tone. "Sorry i'm a bit late Dorado, it took longer to adapt Ice to his matrix than i had thought it would. So i had to take a few extra minuets to sync him before i had him and Ironheart take a more discreet route, their nearby but they will accompany us without attracting undue attention." 'looks at all present' (From here on is just thoughts.) 'Looks like Fancypants is making use of Whitegold's spies, good they will no doubt do him good. This one in particular looks a bit skilled but its hard to tell with those in the covert business.' (Glances at The other mercenary.) 'Oh its that stallion from the riot. He was rather impressive with his blades he brought those gang members down pretty much by himself allot of them at once too, i never heard his name though. That was a good riot lots of bad ponies where put down, it was probably one of the best clean up's that i ever helped with.'

@@

House Everfree - Near the ghastly gorge scout camp

Shadow had long ago given up hunting and had switched to following the mares while keeping an eye out for trouble. (Force of habit.) Sadly he noticed that they where nearly there so he decided to make his presence known. (Politely this time.) So after Violet focused her attention forward Shadow dropped from his hidden path in the high branches. When he landed behind Evergreen on the opposite side of Violet he politely made a little noise as he padded alongside to her and respectfully said. "Where nearly there boss so ill just follow your lead." After which he fell in beside and slightly behind Evergreen.

Edited by Tricksters Pride
  • Brohoof 1

House Earthborn

@@The-Master

“Don’t worry about it. You’re better than half this lot. You had the guts to insult me upfront, rather than behind my back like some others who are missing a few teeth. You’re alright by me, Long Stride,” Poppy said, flashing a quick smile before returning to her usual seriousness. She was starting to like this pony, a rare thing for her these days. “You remind me of my old CO. That’d be Blunt Force, and he really was blunt.”

House Moon and Star – Train from Canterlot to Hoofington

@@AnonBrony,

“I’ve tried my hoof at it. It was the basis for one of my devices, maybe the one we currently use to keep the slaves in line. I don’t remember too well, since we’ve replaced it with a newer and better model a few times since then,” Kinetic said, leaning back in his seat and giving off an entirely different impression of himself.

“Heretics are not evil. They’ve just lost their way. The Long Technique is the best and most difficult way to make them see the truth, am I right? However, my views are both radical and different, and could have me branded a heretic myself.” 

@@EquestrianScholar

She would blink in a sense of a little disturbance, it was not often someone was worried for her per say and it disturbed her a little bit. Maybe not even disturbed per say, but it made her blink awkwardly. She would make a little nod and wouldn’t say anything else; she was respectful of Spell Nexus, even if he had some weird quirks around her to say from time to time.

“We should. So, Broadsword. Do you have any idea where to start with searching for him?” – She asked – “A third person would be most helpful, though we might need to postpone searching for him. It all depends on how on the way he will be in theory”

After they would be a little bit ways away she would ask:

-“Do I really still look like a total filly? I’m almost a mare already” – while maybe she wasn’t mare yet, she was certainly getting closer to look like one. She appreciated ponies beings worried about her, but she couldn’t help but feel a little bit let down on the fact everyone thinks she can’t handle herself.

((In a research facility without specific vents you do need to have a window. In case of acidic gas or something, it’s vital.))

@@Tricksters Pride,

Steel, ever being the gentlecolt, would be remiss not to introduce himself to a mare when she arrived.

"Hello my lady." Steel said with a bow. "It seems you are already acquainted with Senor Dorado. Allow me to introduce myself. Steel Accord, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I look forward to working with you if that be the case."

Steel was rather taken by this mare. He knew right away when he would like somepony and she fit the category. Very pretty, clearly knowledgeable, and possessed of a kind of reserved grace that he couldn't quite put his feather on but was present none the less.

She also had an interesting cutie-mark, (though out of respect, Steel kept his gaze abreast of that area beyond a cursory glance), a gear with a will o' whisp at it's center. If his class on cutie-mark interpretation at college taught him anything, it's that her cutie-mark was a dual meaning emblem. Not unlike his own, a sword crossed with a pen. What he couldn't quite divine was it's meaning beyond that. The gear could mean a talent for machinery, but the whisp at it's center was a mystery. 

• Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain,

(~Tiiiime Skiiiip~)

Eternity was walking down the corridor of the castle with Star nearby. It was close to non by now, and The Archmagister for them so that they can have their luncheon together. Eternity was nervous. He wasn't sure what the Archmagister wanted to say to them? Was it because he was teaching Star? Was it because she didn't want them meeting because she was ignorant about the House and he wasn't? Was it because he decided to help her? She was never kind enough to allow him to dine with her. She was never even kind at all... Something was amiss...

"Hey Star..." he whispered over to her "Why do you think the Archmagister wanted us to meet with her?" 

@@Tricksters Pride, @@Steel Accord,  @@MagicalStarRain,

Dorado looked at the pony, his contact, with anger. "How would you know that eh? Ehh oh right... your a damned spy... knowing my personal family life!" He was beginning to raise his voice. He was angry because this pony knew of his personal life, meaning he probably knew more. "Hmph. Mi Hermana. My Sister. That is the answer to you question. Now may we go see our-" he then noticed Gear walking up on the scene, with only her servant automaton with her. "Oh Gear nice for you to finally come. She was the one I mentioned before. Now that she is here may we go see our employer?" Dorado was a bit agitated.

@@Windbreaker,

House Moon and Star - Hoofington

Crucible gave a scowl.  "'All Heretics aren't evil' and 'they've just lost their way' you say? Maybe. But some refuse to even return to the right path, some choose to willingly betray Celestia, and other's aren't even worthy of Celestia's light! Like those damned Earthborn! Those heretics deserve punishment. Only those who confess their crimes are the ones willing to return and accept reconciliation, but those who don't, will never accept the way of the Sister's and deserved to get what is coming to them." There was a pause, and the Train began to slow down. They have arrived. Crucible looked outside before saying. "We are here. Let's go." He got off the train and onto the boarding platform at the trainstation. There were plenty of ponies around getting off, and others getting on. Crucible adjusted his hat and tilted it down a bit. He looked at the papers who were given to him and began to walk into town. 

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain,

(~Tiiiime Skiiiip~)

Eternity was walking down the corridor of the castle with Star nearby. It was close to non by now, and The Archmagister for them so that they can have their luncheon together. Eternity was nervous. He wasn't sure what the Archmagister wanted to say to them? Was it because he was teaching Star? Was it because she didn't want them meeting because she was ignorant about the House and he wasn't? Was it because he decided to help her? She was never kind enough to allow him to dine with her. She was never even kind at all... Something was amiss...

"Hey Star..." he whispered over to her "Why do you think the Archmagister wanted us to meet with her?" 

@@Tricksters Pride, @@Steel Accord,  @@MagicalStarRain,

Dorado looked at the pony, his contact, with anger. "How would you know that eh? Ehh oh right... your a damned spy... knowing my personal family life!" He was beginning to raise his voice. He was angry because this pony knew of his personal life, meaning he probably knew more. "Hmph. Mi Hermana. My Sister. That is the answer to you question. Now may we go see our-" he then noticed Gear walking up on the scene, with only her servant automaton with her. "Oh Gear nice for you to finally come. She was the one I mentioned before. Now that she is here may we go see our employer?" Dorado was a bit agitated.

@@Windbreaker,

Crucible gave a scowl.  "'All Heretics aren't evil' and 'they've just lost their way' you say? Maybe. But some refuse to even return to the right path, some choose to willingly betray Celestia, and other's aren't even worthy of Celestia's light! Like those damned Earthborn! Those heretics deserve punishment. Only those who confess their crimes are the ones willing to return and accept reconciliation, but those who don't, will never accept the way of the Sister's and deserved to get what is coming to them." There was a pause, and the Train began to slow down. They have arrived. Crucible looked outside before saying. "We are here. Let's go." He got off the train and onto the boarding platform at the trainstation. There were plenty of ponies around getting off, and others getting on. Crucible adjusted his hat and tilted it down a bit. He looked at the papers who were given to him and began to walk into town.

"Peace friend. I'm sure he meant no harm. He asked me where I was born, another highly personal question. He's just trying to make good conversation. I'm sure we weren't the only ones hired. We probably just have to wait for the other applicants to arrive." Steel then noticed the blue unicorn approach. "See? Here's one now."

[see Gear's post, then followed by my cordial introduction to her.]

Steel was intrigued by this stallion named Dorado. He was familiar with the accent, but unable to pin down exactly where he may have been from. He also had the feeling he was a Pony of Fortune like himself. Probably due to the amount of personal expression in his wares.

It would seem General Fancypants still preferred the private sector to make his primary dealings. Good on him! Steel knew Fancypants was too smart to rely on the corrupt nobility and their circle of decadence.

((This conversation sounds like it's going to get pretty complicated really quickly. Just from the amount if ponies involved and the posting rate. My apologies ahead of time for possibly contributing to that. :( ))

@@Steel Accord

>Anything in this is a mental command to one of her constructs.<

At the mention of Accord's name Gear freezes for a few seconds, visibly falters, backed up a few steps, and sat down almost like a foal confronted with a bad memory. Even Vickers suddenly looked allot less friendly and the usually friendly servant moved kinda in front of Gear in a protective manner, eyes narrowing suspiciously. (If you listen very closely you may have herd a very faint click when he did so.) A loud Screech could be hard from nearby too, like a blade being dragged across a rooftop and it didn't sound like the rooftop was on the winning end of things. When Gear regained her composure (and stopped looking like a frightened child.) she shakily replied "O-oh could i just call you Accord i don't like the first part." After which she gives a small smile "A-anyway i'm Twisted Gear and this is Vickers." 'looks at Vickers' >Vickers stand down he seems nice, i'm sure that he wont hurt us.< "He's usually very nice but hes a bit protective so hes probably not giving the best first impression..." (She drew out the last six words.) At this Vickers returns to his usually friendly self but his left eye still flickers occasionally. 

Edited by Tricksters Pride
  • Brohoof 1

@@

Was this really it? Rainbow Dash had promised a company of experts to deal with this threat and this is all she send for. A scholar, an earth pony, a unicorn and a dusty old commander. Not even one griffon to be seen. Attempting to hide her obvious pout, Scootaloo pressed on with Rainbow Dash’s command.

“Alright then, enough of the introductions. We’ve wasted enough time already.” She signalled them to start following her out of the courtyard and onto the city streets. “Dash called you all here because she believes there’s a threat to this Houses security and seems to think that you’re capable enough to deal with it. Hopefully she’s right.”

They took a turn towards the city centre, nearing the market place. The area was under strict guard, barricades set up at all entrances to restrict entry. “We’re getting close now. This is where the bomb went off. We don’t know how or why it happened, just that too many innocents died because of it. This is where we come in.”

The guard gave the company a nod and allowed them to pass into the scene. All across the blackened cobblestone bits of rubble and debris remained from the blast, evidence of the shops and stalls that used to stand on this ground. It was like stepping into another world.

“The attack happened two days ago; forty dead and nearly seventy wounded. It happened too fast for anypony to even react.” Scootaloo turned back to face the group. “Rainbow Dash seems to think you can find the ones responsible for this. I hope she isn’t lying.”

House Stormwing - Cloudsdale - Site of the Bombing

Buried as he was in his maps, North didn't really notice a lot of what was going on as a few other ponies showed up. He barely spared a glance. There was a scholar he had worked briefly with before, a unicorn and an earth pony. He was lucky he noticed them getting up and moving to the bomb site. Here, North actually showed a bit of interest in what the others had to say. While they were waffling about survivors, North Arrow was looking around at the buildings and cloudscape surrounding the bombed site. Plenty of tall buildings and vantage points for a bomb to be hurled, or a spell to be cast. 

He glanced at the map he carried, which showed a topographical map of Cloudsdale. He then directed his attention to an apartment complex that seemed slightly taller than the others, inspecting it closely. The map seemed to credit it with being the home of several of the merchants who had worked in the square. "That building. Were there any complaints or reports of unusual behaviour from the residents within a fortnight of the attack? Perhaps some unusual ponies, strangers, poking their noses in?" He asked a guard calmly.

House Everfree - Fillydelphia Gem Mines - Hindsight's Tale

The young Caller nodded eagerly. "I'm glad we could make a deal. I guess I'll be returning to the forest with the crates, then." He nodded politely to the old Earthborn dude, then strode outside and whistled. 

Four timberwolves leapt into the Camp, clear over the tall natural fences of rock that bordered the mines, rather alarming some of the workers and guards. They must have approached quietly, without notice, somehow. The Caller smiled at them, and with instructions that needed no words, each seized two boxes of gems each and turned to bound out of the camp the way they had come. 

((I could see this being majorly misinterpreted...))

HOUSE EVERFREE, EVERFREE FOREST SOUTHERN QUADRANT, 0938 HOURS, STANDOFF

"Well, New Ponyville's been the subject of a couple of attacks, mostly by House forces, but I've heard worrying things said about the presence of marauders in that area as well. A friend of mine told me that Dragonpoint's not incredibly well-defended, I'm guessing because it's a big mountain, but since there are some good climbers here, it could be your big mountain by the end of the week. Expanding in between the two would be tough. I'm betting you'd see an immediate crackdown from at least two houses, maybe more." Standoff paused, coughed, and continued. "Now, the Fillydelphia mines are a bit of a blank spot in my knowledge. That said, I know where they are, and it'd be a minimum of effort to take them over and hold them down. Not sure why you would want to, but whatever. You're the one dangling my life on a string in front of me, right? Anyway. One thing you could use the mine for is a bartering foothold with the Diamond Dogs. They like all sorts of gems, not just diamonds, and a permit to use the tunnels would be fairly useful in your situation."

Fluttershy chuckled. "We haven't worried about Diamond Dogs in ages. They used to crop up in this area all the time, but they either got washed away or moved to other parts of Equestria. We used to get a lot of our news from them, but since they've stopped turning up, I'm guessing these tunnels around us are abandoned." She paused, thoughtfully. "Even if they're not abandoned, I'm sure we could make a deal with the dogs easily. Those tunnels can be used well."

"Oh, and don't worry about having that string severed. We'll need you and your eyes outside the forest." Fluttershy's eyes seemed to radiate a bit. "After all, Everfree's been looking inward for too long. It's time to look back out at Equestria again." Returning her attention to Standoff, she said, "Travel north. Near Froggy Bottom Bog is a city in the tops of the trees. Look up. You can't miss it. Ask for Granddruidess Roseluck. She'll point you to your new home." Fluttershy smiled. "The Children of the Forest is the youngest tribe, and it's ponies are the least wild. They might be of some use for our little spy ring, don't you think?"

.@,

House Everfree. Near the ghastly gorge scout camp.

Violet raised an eyebrow...she had a funny feeling Eve was lying about not knowing, but Violet assumed that Eve had a good reason so she dropped it and looked ahead. "Whatever it is, I hope we end up doing something. Kinda wish I could get out a little more." She said, stretching her arms, waking Ariana up.

The boa hissed and slithered down Violets body to move off into the forest. Violet watched her go for a moment before looking ahead again, adjusting her leather jacket.

Everfree Tribes - Ghastly Gorge Scout Camp

@Tricksters Pride

"Don't be silly," Eve said, this time noticing the wraith before he spoke. She was glad he'd been considerate enough to alert her of his presence, although that was unusual of a wraith. Maybe he was one of those high-functioning ones, like Flitter. "I'm not the boss. They are."

As they walked and talked,  the camp loomed into view, with the Treewatches all quivering and buzzing with activity. All around were Callers dealing with timberwolves and parasprites and Rooters apparently coaxing some of the scorpion-like Spider Blossoms into groups. It looked like they were preparing to mob somewhere. Eve shrugged. "To the middle?" She said, gesturing at the tallest of the Treewatches. "I guess that's where we'll get our orders."

Freelance - The Lonely Road - Between Ponyville and Golden Pines

Crystal downed her slush tea thing before getting up quickly. She used her magic to put away anything she had out before putting out the fire and trotting over to Cascade. "I was gonna ask you the same thing. We should stick together for a bit, seems like we're in a bit of the same situation." She said, trotting down the road, the fireplace by the overgrown tracks smoking slightly.

Freelance - The Lonely Road - Between Ponyville and Golden Pines

Cascade shrugged. Well, she supposed, there was nothing to lose by venturing into town with this pony by her side. "Sounds fine by me," she mumbled.

-Time Skip-

Freelance - The Town of Golden Pines

(I totally almost just called you Magos Ampharos)

Cascade led the unicorn mare into the town just as the sun began to rise. Not far from Whitetail Wood, the Town of Golden Pines was named after the type of tree that was scattered about the town. Golden pine trees, so unlike those found in the nearby Whitetail Woods, were everywhere, their yellow needles and small, prickly cones dotting the landscape. The town was rather small, and seemed rather uninteresting so early in the morning - almost as if it were dead - but a tavern stood open, bathing the street in front of it with bright light from its open doors, and with laughter and drunken merriment from inside. Cascade gestured at the place. "Shall we?" She asked Crystal.

Edited by Dez
  • Brohoof 1

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

Long Stride found it rather difficult to hold back a small chuckle. "I never would have guessed." This was... nice, a way to take your mind off the coming battle and just relax a bit. It seems these moments come in fewer moments these days. "I had a friends like you, years ago however. She was rather stubborn, impatient, but her heart and mind were in the right place. Quite a team we turned out to be. But that was a long time ago." He looked back to Poppy with a slightly concerning gaze. "What became of Blunt Force?"

House Stormwing @@

The Hoplite let his guard fall for the mean time, allowing the chance for him to answer the commander's questions. "As far as we know, there has been no strange activity from that building. Many of those staying were tradesponies selling their goods in the market place before the winter season. The information surrendered by the owners has been filled into a report. Feel free to examine it for anything you may find helpful."

The guard pulled out a collection of papers with bold letters spelling Classified on the front and bound with string.

Daily Entry’s: Page 219

Entry 125/365

The recent influx of merchants and traders arriving in Cloudsdale has provided a decent boon coming into the next winter season. One of tenants was reported for loud banging within her apartment, further investigation found however that it had been a simple cooking malfunction.

The tenant, however, was still issued with a warning for disruption. This is the second warning this week, anymore and that guy’s getting booted.

Entry 126/365

One of the tenants, a local merchant selling their wares at the Agora, has turned up missing today. His mail hasn’t been collected in five days and family have called wondering where they can find her. A couple of the Royal Hoplites turned up at our office today for information on the missing pony. To be quite honest, I don’t even remember what she looks like.

Entry 127/365

Not much to report. Hoplites came back asking more questions and taking a few papers. They weren’t important, just payment receipts. Another tenant has booked in with us for a month, a fellow down from Trottingham. Seems like a nice enough fellow, but he didn’t strike me as a tradespony.

Entry 128/365

Good news, the mare reported missing has turned up at the steps of the barracks safe and sound. Apparently she took a small tumble from the cloud layer after hitting her head, lucky to be alive. She seemed a bit confused upon her arrival, but as far as I can tell she’ll be fine in the morning.

Entry 129/365

Very slow day. Just been catching up with a few late payers and the sort. I decided to let the other mare off due to her traumatic experience. Clarity was it? Either way, she hasn’t been coming out of her apartment much since the accident, only to collect her mail. She received plenty of packages over the last few days, but it’s not my place to be snooping in my tenant’s private lives.

One of our newest tenants has packed up and left unexpectedly, something about finally seeing his family again. I wished him the best and sent him on his way.

Entry 130/365

We’ve had another two tenants hand back their keys today, neither gave any good reasons why. It’s not my place but I can’t help but find it a bit odd. They seemed in quite a rush. Then there was

-Entry Unfinished-

Payment Record 125

-Serein Clearsky - β150.00

-Robin Featherhead - β178.00 + β80.00 (for damages to property)

Payment Record 126

-Heraldine Airy - β155.00

Payment Record 127

-Gono Leaf - β300.00 (admission fee)

Payment Record 128

-no payments made

Payment Record 129

-Vera Tinder - β145.00

-Clarity Firewing  - β160.00 (excused)

-Swift Talon - β150.00 (unable to pay, check up later)

-Sandy Brightstar - β146.00 + β50.00 (departure fee)

Payment Record 130

-no payments made

Official Warning:

Dear Robin Featherhead,

It has come to this facilities attention that your conduct within the premise has been causing further disruption to your fellow residents. You’ve assured us that the loud banging was simply due to an accident while preparing a meal, but under code we are still forced to issue you with a further warning.

A fee of β80.00 has been added to your regular rates. Appeals will not be accepted.

Signed: Mr Boffer Dill

Boffer D

*I am fully aware that β actually means Beta. I needed a way of showing the currency of bits without looking like an idiot.

Edited by The-Master

House Earthborn - Fillydelphia-Appleloosa Line

@

Braeburn was entirely unsure how to react to Blueprint's jaded outburst. As a stallion who always tried to make the best of things no matter what, such talk was utterly alien to him, and his mind struggled to formulate a reply.

"Look here, miss," he said after a long while "Ah ain't gonna punish y'all fer tellin' me what you think. Ah don't like it, but Ah ain't gonna do a thing about it neither. But if Ah might say somethin', remember this; as long as there's people you care about in the world, and as long as there's tyranny and oppression and deception, there'll always be a cause to strive or fight for. Never lose heart, stand your ground, and do what's right, damn it - that's the best any of us can hope to do."

House Earthborn - Ghastly Gorge - Fillydelphia Gem Mines

@,

Iron Anvil inclined his head slightly as a sign of respect "Same to you," he said.

However, then four timberwolves came leaping out of nowhere, sending workers and soldiers alike into panic. Swords and spears were drawn, pikes were levelled... And then the wolves were gone, along with eight boxes of gems.

Iron Anvil sighed. For a moment there he thought that Everfree might have acquired some kind of civil attitude, but apparently not. "Bloody savages..." he muttered to himself, as he trotted off to his office to write a letter back to general Smart Flank about their new resources to the north.

House Earthborn - Cloudsdale Outskirts

@@The-Master

Applejack couldn't help but grin sardonically at Rainbow's reply. It seemed that little had changed in fifteen years; back before the war, Rainbow Dash's solution to any problem she couldn't race or kick into submission had been to ignore it. 

However, that was then and this was now, and though Dash may still be the same stubborn mare in some respects, she had doubtless also become more ruthless and prideful. The Supreme Commander would have to watch her step.

"Drop the shield wall for a moment," she commanded her guard "Be ready fer an attack, nevertheless."

She stepped forward out of the ring of shields and spears. If Rainbow decided to attack, she would be almost completely open to attack, but she was confident that her foe did not seek her death so soon in negotiations.

"Ah ain't leavin', Rainbow," she began "Not until you hear what Ah have to say." She stopped, then added "Face to face, Ah mean. None of this shoutin' and yellin'. Diplomacy, open and honest, as befits ponies of our calibre."

Edited by Archi the Sandworm
  • Brohoof 2

House Earthborn @

The Element of Honesty, a truly fitting title for a mare of Applejack's calibre. Just like her to drip honey onto the tongues of her enemies, her true agenda hidden behind good intentions. They talk of diplomacy and return only with smoke and gunpowder. This did not change Rainbow's obligation to her House and her citizens.

Dash eyes down the Earthborn ranks as they lowered their guard, she could already see them luring her into a false sense of security. "Accidenti a loro." She took a brief pause to compose herself, lifting her head high to enforce her superiority. "I will make this clear for you, Applejack. I do not trust you, no more than the filth that crawls out of Manehattan. Your ideals are distorted and your methods border on insanity."

Taking a breath Rainbow pressed on. "If you truly mean to talk diplomacy, then it will only be under my terms. Any trickery or deceit then I will bring this to a swift conclusion. And don't get me wrong; we. are not. friends." The spite in her tone had become obvious by this point, all formality abandoned so that Dash may clearly show who is in control. She raised her hoof in command and all at once her Royal Lancers broke phalanx, but still at the ready should the need arise.

"And it was such a wonderful conversation, too..." Kinetic deadpanned. The religious fervor of Moon and Star did nothing for him, especially since they constantly reminded him of his parents, whom he despised entirely. He set aside his drink as he rose from his seat. Sadly, he would be forced to abandon it this time, since he wouldn't want to be drunk. He stepped onto the platform looked around. It was no different now than it had been during his last visit. Less bloodstains, mad cultists and horrific abominations, though.

House Earthborn

"I don't know. Haven't seen him in a few years. Hope the old codger's still alive, 'cause I still owe him a drink," Poppy said, trying to hold back a smile with extreme difficulty. After a minute, she gave up and let it shine. What was with her today? Not ten minutes ago, she was thinking about ten different ways to kill a Unicorn and now, her mind had drifted to thinking of Blunt Force and the other recruits she trained with. "I last saw him at a bar in...Appleloosa, I think. Got into a bar fight with a smart-mouth Ranger, then got into trouble. Blunt Force bailed me out, and that's how come I owe him a drink."

@

Braeburn was entirely unsure how to react to Blueprint's jaded outburst. As a stallion who always tried to make the best of things no matter what, such talk was utterly alien to him, and his mind struggled to formulate a reply.

"Look here, miss," he said after a long while "Ah ain't gonna punish y'all fer tellin' me what you think. Ah don't like it, but Ah ain't gonna do a thing about it neither. But if Ah might say somethin', remember this; as long as there's people you care about in the world, and as long as there's tyranny and oppression and deception, there'll always be a cause to strive or fight for. Never lose heart, stand your ground, and do what's right, damn it - that's the best any of us can hope to do."

@,

((If you don't mind, I'm going to time skip a bit.))

Not much communication had been exchanged between the two ponies during the remainder of the trip. Blueprint ordered some sliced apples - one of the main products from the Earthborn's food industry - along with a slice of wheat bread and fritters. She didn't eat much; Blueprint felt like her stomach can take less and less every day.

After a few hours, Blueprint glanced out her window. The ground had become dry and arid, the vegetation reduced to a number of hardy plants and cacti. The only thing that didn't fit was the apple trees. They seemed to be modified, almost if magic existed in the earth ponies themselves, to resist this kind of environment.

Blueprint suddenly said as Appleoosa appeared from the endless stretch of desert land, "I have an old friend who's not in this house. Saying stuff what I said now would probably get her killed. She's well-intentioned; she didn't like what they were doing; at least that's what she said to me. Our relation severed, however. Her views are controversial and I don't approve of them, and most of all, she worked for the enemy. I don't understand why..."

Blueprint immediately changed the subject as the train was slowing down. "So, now that we're here, can you give me more of the facts? Real ones. Any evidence, any hoofprint, any mark left stray?"