Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided - When Harmony is Lost

GreyScholar

House Stormwing @@

Pilot Light began to look back towards the entrance to her tent as if she expected somepony to spring out at any second. She collected up the remaining documents and placed them all in one file. Stamping it with the seal of her division she handed it back to Terra. "Rainbow Dash doesn't want a motive, she wants somepony to blame. She'll take whatever you have and that's the end of it." She seemed to keep her tone low and her voiced hushed. What secret was there to keep.

"We need to move somewhere else, maybe-"

A Hoplite appeared in the tent entrance, weapon drawn and all. "Don't be alarmed. The company is report its findings to the Commanding Officer immediately. Rainbow Dash has sent back orders from the ground, we require you to come with us."

Pilot ducked back behind the desk, sinking into the background once again. The Guard left the tent and was instead replaced by a familiar stallion with a dark blue mane. "Sorry about that, it seems we're out of time." Star Keeper tried to keep a positive tone to his words, but realized there weren't many other ways to go about it. "Rainbow Dash want's us to report to her. The only problem is that she's still talking with some kind of Earthborn dignitary. We'll be heading down to ground as soon as we rejoin the guard it seems. After that I'm not so sure what will happen. You have the findings I hope? Stormwing wont be happy until it gets to point its hoof at somepony."

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker 

Long Stride couldn't hold back his amusement at the thought. "I used to carve a little when I was young, I could pass it off." By this point he was chuckling to himself. "Its a nice thought I guess."

It was very thin ground Poppy was treading on. The name Celestia had itself become a curse in these parts of the world. "If only we knew maybe this war might have never started. There's no way of getting around it; they're gone and the sun continues to rise and set. Take that as you will but I fear we may never know the truth."

@@The-Master@,
House Stormwing(Only has two Roleplayers but is STILL gonna kick your ass)

Terra, Selune, North Arrow, Pilot and Star Keeper were all interupted by the coming of a hoplite. Just as Selune was ready to comment on the guard's drawn weapon by raising her hoof a bit the hoplite readily responded before she even had the chance to open her mouth.

"Oookay..." 

Terra on the other hand was not happy to hear the blaming tactics of House Stormwing. House Stormwing was at least effective to adhere to justice. This was not something he would debate either... but pointing hoofs at nowhere would not be something he would do... just another reason to find the culprit behind all of this and smash him. Doubtful he would survive... having killed so many only the death penalty would await.

"*Sigh* I suppose i won't be satisfied either until the culprit is... and i guess we need to update the commander for our work."

Selune realising that they were getting ready to leave turned the other way and happily waved at Pilot Light.

"Bye Pilot! Stay safe out there will you? I hope we meet again!"

They all joined in as they prepared to follow in order to descend upon the ground where Rainbow Dash was waiting for them.

Edited by nioniosbbbb

House Earthborn - Stormwing Outskirts

@@The-Master,

Applejack made to reply, then hesitated. Her first instinct was to tell the truth, as she always did, but this was different. While Rainbow might seem open to proposals now, that could change as soon as she knew of her plans, or even worse, she could ally with her and betray that alliance at the most inopportune moment possible.

Mentally, Applejack snorted derisively. "Fortress of Valour," said the name on the side of the Buster. "Naive Relic" would have been better. "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken," went one of the propaganda slogans. "Only because we have too large an army for our enemies to kill," should have been how it finished. The concept of honour and trust in this time was outdated and foolish, yet Applejack insisted that her people adhered to it regardless - she would not become like those Moon & Star bastards, with their backroom dealings, or the shadow of glory that Stormwing seemed to have become, with the laws of courtesy and respect lost forever. Righteousness could endure, she believed, or at least she had at the start of the war. Now, she was not so sure.

Regardless, the Supreme Commander did not see how Rainbow's knowledge of the march on Hoofington would give her an advantage. If need be, she could refuse her aid, and if Rainbow decided to attack anyway she wouldn't know exactly when or where they would be attacking.

"We're not marchin' north," she said "We're marchin' east to Moon & Star territory. The war's come to a standstill, so we're takin' the initiative and strikin' at Hoofington before Moon & Star muster an attack on our own lands."

@@Tricksters Pride@@Steel Accord,

(We can't just wait on Star. This is our own mission. Just us. Our mission is to get to that village's mine and establish surveillance and reconnaissance. Get any information we can before we are ready to steal anything. We don't need Star to do that we can do it on our own. We are going on into the big bad open Equestrian world and soon into Earthborn land. I hope you two are ready.)

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Undercity

Dorado, leading his companions, would approach the large gate connected the city with the city outside of the city. He would tip his hat towards one of the guards and walk on through entering the filthy outer congregation known as the Undercity. Full of many poor souls Dorado couldn't care less about. There were many around the gate trying to enter the city. Dorado would simply shove them aside like you would plants in a large jungle. "¡Muevanse! ¡Fuera del camino!" (Move! Out of the way!) Soon he would be traversing the streets of the Undercity with his companions. He started to hover in the air a couple meters off the ground and look at Gear. "Too bad you don't have wings Gear. Me and Sr. Accord ( Sr. is an abbreviation for señor ) would of been half way there if we were flying. I bet you wish you had wings didn't you? Let's hurry it along you two, it's gonna be a long night of traveling." Dorado then began to fly ahead of the group goings toward the edge of the city outside of the city. 

@@Windbreaker, @@SilverHeart,  

House Moon and Star - Canterlot - The Catacombs

(Time to start getting the inqusistion to do interesting things now heheh. Also I've changed the 'main facility' thing to The Catacombs. The Catacombs are the tunnels below Canterlot where all the secret stuff happens like experiments and stuff. Along with where the prison and interrogation and the headquarters for The Inquisition. On the outside if there are others around you may just refer it as HQ or something as Catacombs would be odd. Now since it seams Cartophile is out I'm just gonna bring Kinetic back and assign him and Silver a new mission. )

Kinetic and Crucible would return to the city and send their target on her way and go into one of the secret entrances to the Catacombs. Their they would report their mission was a success and Crucible will also be on his way. Just after, Kinetic would be notified for another inquisitor that Trixie had another mission for him. Snowy Fields would also be called to do this mission and both were requested at Trixie's office. Once at her office she would be sitting at a swivel chair behind a desk. The chairs back would be facing the entrance though.

Edited by AnonBrony

@@AnonBrony,

​House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle - Catacombs

​"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright," Star Rain in a failed effort to hide the shivers in her voice. She couldn't bear to look back at the damage she had done. I did that? I chopped his horn off with my magic? But I'm an artist! I'm supposed to be an artist! Artists don't maim or kill! She took a couple of deep breaths and continued trailing Eternity while trying to look confident.

"The ends justify the means? Well, in some cases yes and in some cases no," she said, taking the middle ground as usual. "In some cases, the end more than makes up for whatever methods are used, while in other cases, the end doesn't feel like victory at all. To be honest, extremities aren't a good thing."

When they got to the door, Star looked up at the door with a slightly frightened expression. It was foreboding and exciting at the same time. Totally mixed up emotions that just couldn't be separated at the moment. How much have I not been told? How much knowledge is here that they never taught in school? ​With a determined look, she turned toward Anon and nodded her head "Yes".

House Moon and Star - Canterlot - The Catacombs (How charming...)

@@AnonBrony

Another mission…Well, can’t be helped. Nothing much I can do but follow orders. I suppose it’s what I’m good at these days.’ Kinetic thought as he approached Grand Inquisitor Trixie’s office. As usual her chair back was turned to them. He spoke in a light-hearted tone, as if he wasn’t taking it seriously anymore. “Oh, Great and Powerful Trixie, I return from the accursed city of Hoofington. And I’m probably going to need therapy for the rest of my life… Regardless, the mission was successful barring a little lapse of sanity on my part.”

House Earthborn

@@The-Master

“I guess, but it’s still stupid. They lied. So what? Does that change the good they did? Anyway, no point arguing about it. Stress just shortens an already short enough life. Anyway… are we there yet?” Poppy asked, trying hard to keep her temper under control. And it was getting harder without her focus on killing. She gritted her teeth and took a deep breath to try and calm down, but she really wanted something to hit or throw, and a decent target to go with it.

@,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Artisan District - Artist's Hospital - Lobby

The praetor pony mare held the doors open for Myopia with a respectful smile. "After you, good sir," she said with a bow.

Once they were inside, they could see many ponies sitting in chairs and sofas, some reading books and magazines(fashion and propaganda), some chatting with others, some looking worried, and some even crying. There were doctors and nurses rushing around, dressed up in their white or blue scrubs. The pair would occasionally see a wounded soldier on a stretcher being pushed into one of the many rooms this hospital had. Considering Whitegold's amount actual combat on the battlefield was rare, it's rather uncommon to see a wounded soldier or two here.

Despite that, the House as a whole is never completely safe from the horrors of the nightmare that is war.

"Alright, we're here," Berry said. She angled her head toward the front desk and began to lead Myopia and the unconscious mare to the front desk. She was going at a slow pace, so Myopia can say a thing or two.

@@MagicalStarRain

​House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle - Catacombs

(Disclaimer: I had Stars consent so I didn't G-Mod her. Now INCOMUNG WALL OF TEXT)

Eternity would nod the the guards standing at the door way and then they would let him and Star in. Again it just led to another hallway. But the rooms in this hallway all had ponies working on secret projects for the house. Eternity lead Star to their designated room and they would go inside the old chamber. It was a decent sized room. Not too big not too small. Within the chamber with six ponies. There was a mage of the sun guild; an expert an manipulating sunlight with magic, a mage of the moon guild; an expert on the arcane and magic itself, a geologist; one who studied mainly crystals, the engineers; stallion twin brothers who were great at building mechanical devices, and lastly, the arcane inventor; the pony known for combining machines and magic, but notably doing that to make weapons.

Eternity would introduce himself along with his student saying she tagged along as a learning experience for her. And maybe she can help too. The inventor mocked Eternity once he realized who he was, along with calling him Twilight's pet and shadow. Then saying the same for Star, stating it was only inevitable till he gained his own. Eternity was slightly angered by this. This pony was only there to see if he can turn their project into a weapon. Twilight must of personally invited him to join them. 

The Sun mage, who was oddly somewhat cheery, would then remind them they should begin. Eternity returning back to reality, cleared his throat, and layed out his papers onto the table in the center of the room. He would then begin explaining his idea in detail. Using arcane terms and writing on a piece of paper to convey his explanation, using symbols and magical terminology as if he were a college professor and they were his pupils. 

He would begin to get his theory across to them, most of them understanding it, mainly the mages, while the brothers just analyzed the poor sketched diagrams Eternity drew. Star Rain would be by his side listening to his lecture. He would stutter at times, but thanks to his time with Star it was a lot easier for him to explain things now that he has some practice. His idea was simple. Have these special crystals absorb sunlight, possibly have the crystals on a large plat or cone surfaces pointed ta the sun. These crystals would turn the sunlight energy in magical energy which can the be used to stare int regular crystals. Creating free magic ponies can use. In real life this would be the equivalent of a solar panel where sunlight is turned into electricity (By the use of crystals too). 

Eternity wasn't an engineer, so his original design wasn't the best nor fully thought out. In consisted of a cone where the sunlight would gather and crystal all on the cone. The magical energy from the crystals would then flow from them into a collection chamber when it be stored into other crystals. The experts immediately saw flaws in the plan. The each one would start to present ideas of their own. And thus the Design Loop would begin. 

The eight ponies would discuss on different ways on how to do it. Usually each thinking of ideas and solutions to the problem. The another would see flaws and possible fixes. Sometimes they may scrap an entire idea and design. They each tried not to argue too much, they were all expert after all and knew what they were talking about. Eternity and Star Rain would also try to convey their ideas though because of their nature Star and sometimes even Eternity would be outspoken. After over an hours of planning, drawing, and a little research some bickering began to ensue. That was until Star suggested that they should magnify the sunlight. They each paused, realizing that could work, their others surprised the 'non-expert' thought of this and they didn't. The Sun mage agreed they should do it. Then the Inventor said they could use something like the Sunray Cannon. After all it was mainly just one big fancy magnifying glass. 

After another two hours of care planning, drawing, and designing, they believed they had the blueprints to the perfect machine. It was tall mainly cylindrical. The top was that of a convex lens to focus the sunlight into one area. The sunlight would be magnified and focused down inter a chamber much like that of a Sunray Cannon, the sent down the cylinder where it would continued to be magnified and magnified and magnified until the sunlight would be a continuous beam, again much like the Sunray Cannon. The beam would then hit the special crystal. All that focused sunlight would help covert it to magic quickly and you wouldn't need many crystals, which is good because they were very rare. Magical energy would be shot out the opposite end of the crystal into another one filling it up with artificially made magic. 

Now to test it. This would take the longest.  They couldn't make a full sized one. But they did have the supplies to make a smaller prototype. Well most of them. Hours would pass by. Experimentation, construction, and failure. Along with taking a break to eat and get the other supplies they needed. Mainly the engineers and the inventor built it. Everyone else would assist and make sure things are right. All the while the inventor was think of ways to weaponize it though that was fairly easy. They could use to crystal as magic batteries and possibly even overcharge them to make bombs.

It was the middle of the night when they finally had a success. Using fake sunlight the sun mage conjured up they were able to gather that and turn it into magic storing it within a crystal. They didn't create a lot however, even if it was small prototype. On the larger scale they realized they are going to need money of these collectors to collect a significant amount. They began to all say there goodbyes, the engineers saying they will begin construction on a full one tomorrow. Eternity would lead Star out of the Catacombs and back not the castle where they would say goodnight to each other an return to their residences to sleep.

(TL;DR version: Magic Stuff happens)

Edited by AnonBrony

@@Windbreaker,@@AnonBrony,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle - Catacombs  

Snowy Fields walked down the corridor towards The Grand Inquisitor's Office. He smiled, it felt like it had been far too long since he had been given a mission. It didn't help much that he had been summoned back to Canterlot before they had even arrived in Hoofington. Hopefully, whatever mission the Grand Inquisitor had for him would go differently. Turning a corner, he spotted Kinetic Energy entering Trixie's office. 

Snowy Fields used his magic to open the doors. As he walked through, he couldn't help but hear the mocking tone that Kinetic had used when speaking to Trixie. He took his place next to Kinetic, Keeping his voice relatively low he spoke, "Mr. Energy, I advise that you don't take that tone with Her Holiness again. Some ponies would say that lack of respect for your superiors might be seen as a sign of Heresy." He said, giving Kinetic a cold look.

Clearing his throat, he turned his head to face the back of the Grand Inquisitor's chair, waiting for her to give him his orders.

@@Snowy Storm, @@Spell Shock
First Refuge Camp, Near a Lake
"Well on our return, once this mission is completed and it is decided what will become of you I am certain we can find you those willing to teach you such," Golden assured Regal while also suggesting his position in all this is not completely certain. If question it seemed reasonable the pegasus would be willing to explain what he meant but at this time stallion seemed like he was ready to continue on to the town as is. He did seem to consider and says, "We may just need to make sure that we are not perceived as a danger to those at the camp, make sure we can convince those we meet that we hold no alliance with the Houses. Apart from that and the disguise you have now given us there is not much else we can do."

Turning to the young mare, the pegasus asks, "perhaps you have something else we can be used? While I and others may not show it your options and ideas could be useful. I am willing to consider anything you might suggest Spell Shock." He noticed she had kept to herself during all this time and he knew that she would need to learn to work with and interact with others if she was to be at her best. It was something all members of the Guardians had to learn at some point and perhaps this mission is what would help the young mare to grow more then she has since joining.

@@SilverHeart@@Windbreaker,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot - The Catacombs (Yes a charming name for a charming House.)

Trixie turned her chair around to face the two stallions. "Ah finally you two are here. Trixie was thinking she might have to assign different ponies this mission. Look's like Trixie doesn't have to. Trixie is also glad to hear you mission was a success Energy but she doesn't like the complaints Energy. Perhaps Trixie should send you on more missions to Hoofington  so that you can lose that stupid fear you have of it." She said wit a slight smirk indicating she would enjoy seeing him suffer in Hoofington again.

"Now the mission is very simple, and you don't even have to leave the city. Lately there has been this heretic on the loose. He has been running around preaching blasphemy all over the city. Saying ill things about our House, the war, and insulting our great Archmagister!" Trixie stood out of her chair in rage. "He has even said falsities about me! He's spreading lies, I tell you! Trixie does not have a crush on Sparkle!" Trixie silenced herself and blushed, then sat back down into her chair. "Y-Yes... lies. Lies! He is a heretic and must be stopped. We have had difficulty obtaining him. He's crafty. But if The Great and Power Trrrixie was out there Trixie would of definitely caught him! Now the criminal has foolishly told us by letter he would make an appearance in town square tomorrow morning. We don't know if it is a trick or not but Trixie is sending you two to apprehend him if he does show up. You two shall stake out the square tomorrow in case he makes an appearance. Here" Trixie levitated over a small bag. "In there are two rings that silence magic when placed on a pony's horn, some rope, a picture of the heretic along with cutie mark, and finally a crystal charged with a teleportation spell. Point it at him and it will fired a beam and teleport him here. It only has one use... so don't miss." She said sternly. "You two may get some rest seeing as it is late and meet in the square. Dismissed."

@@MagicalStarRain,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle

-4 Days Later-

(The events Star and Eternity went through happened four days prior to when the Inquisition members at at town square. Meaning now they will be caught up and the morning Eternity and Star are currently at would be the same morning the Inquisition members are on their mission. Basically they will be at the same day.)

Knock Knock Knock. "Star?" Eternity knocked on Star's door and awaited for her response. It was early in the morning and it has been four days since they finished their project and Eternity had somethings to tell her. He knocked again. "Star you awake?" 

Edited by AnonBrony

@@AnonBrony,

The prisoner's maiming, done by her own magic, still haunted Star Rain in her dreams even after these four days. It was relatively uncommon for her to dream, but she did dream and they were violent dreams. Violent dreams involving her, Eternity, Ginseng, and strangely enough, the Archmagister. And countless others, all of whom spilled out innocent life blood.

This one however, involved a pretty rude awakening in her opinion. She tumbled out of bed while cursing out loud, having the typical bed hair one would have early in the morning. She then jumped at the sound of knocking and Eternity's voice asking if she was awake. What the heck…? She got up tiredly, went to the door, and opened the door with magic to see Eternity himself standing there.

"Hey Eternity, what's up?" she said while leaning on the door frame with a very tired, lopsided smile.  If he looked closely, he would see that there is a small bruise on her left "wrist".  She blinked a little rapidly, as if trying not to fall back asleep again. 

@@Snowy Storm,@@EquestrianScholar,

Spell who was still channeling magic from before, would blink as she snapped from the trance, letting a small crystal take the energy she condensed. The small piece of ice she kept frozen, would start shine, releasing low impulses of eerie power, it had a potential of making some uncomfortable. The power couldn’t be stored that way for long and if it was to be released impropriety, would for sure signal any unicorn for a mile around.

-“Oh, I’m sorry, I was… dreaming.” – She replied and looked at her horn “Why… why do you bother?”

With a simple smile she would start using a spell, her hair lighting up a bit as she used a hairdo spell, her hair aligning itself in a fascinating hairstyle, which quite conveniently – covered her horn, which wasn’t that big, so it worked out quite nicely and natural.

She when would do another spell, the one which she used to glue the crystals in her lab space to walls, it was… somewhat of a glue spell, which made the hair a bit sticky around her horn. It would only be noticeable if she hangs upside down, otherwise the hair would cover her horn.

-“Horns always have a peculiar fashion of sticking out and earth ponies have a thing for weird hair.” – she replied – “And it is a custom to take the hat off in front of your superior, is it not?”

(I am sorry for long wait, also i hope this was fine) 

(Some earth ponies have ridicolously big hair and unicorns would try to use hats to cover horns for generations now, it would be a practice or a custom to take a hut off... and you dont need one inside the building, which would draw suspicion. Optical illusions are hard and can be noticed on any reflectable surface, so - hairdo!)

Edited by Spell Shock

House Moon and Star – Canterlot – the Catacombs (Stop stealing my joke, Anon)

“Not to worry, Your Holiness. We shall apprehend the villain posthaste. It should be a fun little game to aid in a speedy recovery.” Kinetic said, oddly cheerful about this when a while ago he’d been cowering in his seat after a really glum morning. He bowed and stopped in the middle of turning to leave, having thought of something he wished to discuss. “Oh, and Grand Inquisitor, I’d like to request a personal slave for the purposes of assisting me in my experiments. Having somepony to talk to on long working nights might do wonders for my shocking mental health, as well. I shall fill out the necessary paperwork as soon as I am able.”

Kinetic was conflicted at heart. He’d never get the resources that Moon and Star offered, but his heart wasn’t completely in it like the others, though he believed that his lack of zealotry was the reason they wouldn't let him go. Once a scientist, and now an Inquisitor. Archmagister Sparkle’s secret police, as it were. Still, he was resigned to his fate, no matter how cruel it may be. 'What was that old phrase? C'est la vie?'

@@EquestrianScholar

Regal lifted his hoof to his head and look around.
"Well I'll try to keep us hidden for as long as possible and if things get dire and my magic is failing me I could try out some rune magic" When he talked about rune magic his face cringed a little, but quickly shook his mane and his normal face returned. He looked towards the town. He never really thought about death. He told himself once on his travels he was ready to die, but now with one slip up he could die. He wasn't afraid of death, but did fear how this war may end. Sighing, he looked back at Golden.

"So how long do we plan on being there?" he said as he made sure the belt that held his rapier was secured into place. When a thought accord to him. "I'm going to have to leave the rapier, won't I?" It would be strange to see a poor pony carrying about a rapier as well crafted as his.Heck any rapier would be out of place outside the walls of Manehatten.  He didn't hope he would have to, but he was willing to part with it for a time if needed.

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

"We have a good way to travel, I only hope the that time passes a bit faster..."

(OOC: Archi, if you get the chance we need to speed up the events with force heading towards Hoofington. Our characters have been idle for some time.)

House Stormwing @

To be completely honest Dash had no small love for these kinds of talks,especially whet he point was dragged on or avoided completely. She'd seen enough dancing around the truth, if Applejack was here for something she better bloody well say it before she loses patience. There were plenty of matters requiring her attention, all of which she'd rather be doing if not simply to get away from Applejack.

"None of this explains why you're here." She pointed her hoof straight at her chest. "If you're not here to threaten us or kill me then what do you want?" However, out of the corner of her eye she managed to see a chariot descending through the cloud layer. Looks like the investigation team was ready on time, despite obvious delays. Dash looked back to Applejack, narrowing her gaze as she did so. "You have five minutes. I'd speak quickly if I were you."

@@MagicalStarRain,

Eternity was confused at the sight of a sleepy Star. "You look as if you just woke up. Didn't you get my letter? The one dictating we are going with Twilight to Foaledo?" (It is up to you whether you forgot about the letter or that you didn't get it) He sighed. "I told you to get up early to get ready and so that we may do a couple things before we leave. Don't tell me you didn't pack..." He sighed again. "Oh well, you can pack latter I suppose. Make yourself look decent. Get some coffee or tea or something to wake you up. We're going into town to get some things. If that is alright with you of course."

@@Windbreaker@@Silver Heart,

House Moon and Star – Canterlot – the Catacombs (Make me :comeatus: )

"Hmph. Trixie cannot help you acquire a slave. You are going to need to go down to the slave domes and purchase one yourself." Trixie spun her chair around so that it wasn't facing them. "Now off you two. Trixie is a very busy mare."

(If your business is done with Trixie I suggest you two Time Skip to the next day and meet at Town square. You guys can now post on you own now with the need to wait for me for a bit. If things are ready Kinetic and Snowy can chat until their target comes.)

Edited by AnonBrony

@@AnonBrony,

Star Rain looked confused at the mention of a letter that was supposedly sent to her from Eternity.  "I don't remember ever getting a letter," she said, a little bit more awake than she was a few seconds ago.  "Well regardless, I'll come along. Just give me some time, alright?"  she said, shutting the door quickly without a response.  In the quickened span of fifteen minutes, she had washed her face, brushed her teeth, combed her mane and tail out, and had put her mane up in a ponytail like usual.  

She stepped out with her saddlebags on, which had her sketchbook, pencils, money, and a book and scroll on spells or two in it.  "I just have this stuff just in case we decide to train or study, or both, at some point today.  So where would you like to go to get coffee?" she asked euphorically. "And what do you have to get at Foaledo?  Books and stuff? Or additional things for-" she lowered her voice so that nopony-else would hear. "- that project we did four days ago?"  She felt that she shouldn't go around telling every pony about it.

Steel trotted through the crowds of the Undercity. The herds trying to get into Manehatten proper. He wished he could tell them they were going about it the wrong way. To say they need to learn a trade and save money, but he knew just telling them to "GET A JOB!" slightly more politely was the last thing they needed to hear.

Steel remembered a time . . . when he was very young, when Manehatten was a place of giving. A place where everypony had plenty to give. That was not the time in which he was currently living.

*Generosity reprise

"Oh Manehatten

What you do to us,

The city of goooold and rust.

And all of these lost souls,

Are leeeeeft tooooo paaaay the priiiiiiice

Of ouuuuuuuur haaaaapy liiiiiiiiiives

Princess bless the ooooooutcasts,

Princess bless the oooooootcasts . . . . .

Dorado's disparaging comments to those who Steel felt pity for did not go unnoticed, but they had been delayed enough that Steel didn't have time to admonish him for it. The mercenary's further comments about Gaige's earthbound state were where he drew the line however.

"IF you are quite done, good sir. I suggest we proceed onward." Steel shot a look back to Gaige in apologies for Dorado's words. It was bad enough she had to disguise herself as an earth pony. 

Edited by Steel Accord

@@MagicalStarRain,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Artisan District - Artist's Hospital - Lobby

Nodding his head at Ms Berry and politely saying "Thank you" as he entered the hospital, Myopia took a moment to look around as they carefully moved towards the front desk in order to keep any possible head injuries to a minimum. He honestly didn't really want to have to say anything to the mare as they walked, simply because now didn't really seem to be the time for such idle conversation. Hospitals, even quiet, non busy ones tended to give off an aura of having far to much work to do and not enough hooves to do it without idle chatter making things harder for them.

Still, he quietly spoke as they walked, politely inquiring "Are you often one of the few brave ponies tasked with protecting Lady Belle Ms Berry? Between any possible assassination attempts and the no doubt utterly daunting task of fending off all the possible suitors trying to get a leg up either on the political stage or just on a talented, beautiful mare, it seems like the kind of task that only a select few would be entrusted with." 

@@Snowy Storm, @@Spell Shock

Golden Dawn stared the young unicorn in mild shock before giving a small smile and saying with a nod, “now will you look at that, I was making this more complicated then it needed to be. Your answer is much simpler… though there is the question of whether Regal’s mane is long enough to do the same thing as your mane Spell.” Her answer seemed so obvious now, no need to magic. Perhaps because of the company he had kept among the Guardians he can come see more complex answers when it came to magic, or believe bigger things were possible because of some.

With such the Pegasus turned to their other traveling companion and says considering the stallion’s mane to ask, “So what do you think, is your mane long enough?” Even now his smile was still on his face as he was pleased the filly’s answer, though he wasn’t the sort to give much praise. He also wanted to make sure Regal was in agreement of the filly's answer to their 'being a unicorn' problem and how others would likely react.

House Moon and Star – Canterlot

The Next Day

Kinetic was sitting on a bench at their determined meeting place, absent-mindedly tapping his hoof  on the ground and levitating a new and unopened packet of cigarettes out of his pockets along with his lighter. Here he was to await Snowy Fields, go over the intel that Trixie had given them and hope like crazy they could find and apprehend this so-called heretic. He took out a cigarette and lit it, coughing slightly at the smoke. ‘All this because he said Grand Inquisitor Trixie had a crush on the Archmagister? Either there’s more to it, or Trixie is just insulting us with a ridiculous mission. I’m not sure which it is, though. I almost miss that hellish day in Hoofington. At least it was exciting, in a way. I could be in my lab right now, working on…on something. Anything really. But here I am, sitting on this bench waiting for Inquisitor Snowy… How grand my life is…

After a while, he dozed off. He saw life before the Princesses vanished, vibrant colour and happy smiles he never understood. Then after… misery and false happiness. The pain of thousands screaming out for guidance. Answers. Salvation. ‘Is there such a thing anymore? Does this ‘salvation’ exist?

@@MagicalStarRain

Eternity smiled at her hush comment on their project. "You don't need to be quiet about that anymore Star. Soon the whole house will know about it and many already do. Several of the full things have been made and are at the edge of Canterlot. However an abundance of them are being constructed at the slave domes was we speak. That's one of the things I wished to inform you about." He began to lead her through the castle. "I'm surprised you didn't get my letter.We were going to get things for that project though. Experiment with it further. But we aren't going to Foaledo to for that. We are going there with Twilight and some Diplomatic thing. We are meeting with their Mayor."

@@Steel Accord@@Tricksters Pride,

Dorado looked back at Steel for a moment. He was a bit surprised by his attitude. "Did I say something wrong? Hmph well I am proceeding. Don't need to get upset. Even if we have to walk because of Gear we will still get there soon. It's not like we have to travel to Struttgart." Dorado continued to hover in the air. In front of the group. Eventually they reached the edge of the undercity and were at a road. Dorado paused for a moment to think. "We shall take the road to fillydelphia.. May be suspicious if somepony catches us off it." He continued onward. "Gear... for your next machine, I suggest building a flying. Like with wings maybe. That would be useful no?"

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

House Earthborn - Whitetail Woods

(OOC: Sorry guys, I wasn't sure how long you were intending on chatting for.)

The Earthborn army continued its march for quite some time. Morning turned to noon as the harsh sun of the dusty plains beat down on the 4,000 Earthborn infantry, and the weather took its toll. Even among the toughest Juggernauts there were casualties to the cruel gaze of the sun - thick plate armour did nothing to protect against heatstroke. The stars were merciful, however, for as the great Earthborn host continued east past the Fillydelphia River clouds shielded the soldiers from the sun. Only as twilight began to fall did the clouds clear, and by that time the host had finally reached the Whitetail woods.

Out of the five armies, Big Macintosh's was the last to arrive. The hosts of Generals Bountiful, War Maiden, Smoking Barrel and Sentinel had already set up camp to the west of the woods, and Big Mac gave the order to merge with the other armies and set up their own accommodations.

Captain Iron Scales, the leader of Long Stride and Poppy Seed's company, ordered the company to disperse. He had not heard the treacherous talk going on between the two ponies, so set off to make his own tent as the rest of the company mingled with the other hosts.

Big Mac was halfway across the camp from the camps of his own stallions by this point, in the command tent. In the centre of the tent was a rather hastily constructed table, upon which was a map of the immediate area. Five model stallions made of cast iron were to the west of Whitetail woods, and a copper model of a unicorn stood in Hoofington.

General Bountiful turned his fierce gaze over to Big Mac. The stallion had a brown coat and wore an officer's uniform; black, woollen trench coat and cap, with a horseshoe badge pin. it was not, in Big Mac's opinion, the sort of clothing a warrior ought to wear.

"You are late, General Big Macintosh," he said "Please explain to us why the rest of us managed to arrive in good time whereas you lagged behind."

Big Mac turned his head slowly to face the other General. Bountiful did not flinch. Pompous ass, thought Big Mac. Bountiful was not like most of the other Generals. Bountiful had been a wealthy landlord before the war, making a living by exploiting the workers and peasants. Applejack and himself had been of a mind to banish the bastard, but Bountiful had demonstrated a great capacity for organisation and strategy. Still, just because he was effective did not mean that Big Mac had to enjoy his company.

"Ah am late, General Bountiful, because Ah have just trekked across a dusty desert in thirty-plus heat," he said slowly "Ah have not lost several good stallions to the motherbuckin' sun, so you can bitch at me. Is that damn well understood?"

He continued to stare at the other General, staring at the defiant look on his face, the way he held himself. I am better than you can ever be, commoner, it said, Cease to bother me and go and roll in the dirt.

You insolent bastard. I could crush you right here and right now.

"Of course, Big Macintosh," said Bountiful after a few tense seconds of staring.

"Thank ya kindly," said Big Mac through gritted teeth, before turning his attention back to the map "Now, ta business."

He started by gesturing towards the copper unicorn in Hoofington "We have little to no knowledge of the distribution or make up of Moon & Star forces. Since Hoofington is a major source of trade for the House and its one bastion between the Great Plains and their core territories, Ah think it's safe to assume that resistance will be high."

"I think we'll be dealing with a little more than slave warriors in this offensive, General," said General Smoking Barrel, adjusting his goggles. He too wore the black officer's uniform of the Siege Corps, though he always wore a set of goggles, which was perfectly justified since he spent a great deal of time around various shrapnel-spewing contraptions "I would expect a high number of professional Legionaries, with Knights forming a solid core and Seraphs giving air support. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see an Inquisitor or two."

"Has the Master Engineer made any progress in the void field designs?" asked General War Maiden, the only female member of the General Board apart from the Supreme Commander herself.

Big Mac shook his head slightly "Applebloom's prospective assistant in the search for a device to power such a machine was unable to accompany her. As such, she has returned to Appleloosa for now, but last Ah heard she was making ready to head north with a personal retinue," he looked up from the map at the rest of the Generals "Anyhow, we don't need no fancy anti-magic ta send these bastards to their false gods; that we survive is evidence of that."

"Unbowed, unbent, unbroken," intoned General Sentinel in one of the House's many mottoes, and the others followed suit, including Big Mac himself.

"We should send out a scouting party," said Bountiful. He reached into a pouch hanging from the edge of the table and picked out a smaller cast iron figurine, placing it at the border of the Whitetail Woods. "A small force should be able to conduct reconnaissance without giving away our presence."

Big Mac looked back to Bountiful, who was staring intently at the map "Ah agree with General Bountiful. While we've all marched far, we need to know what we're up against."

"But what if we are discovered?" asked War Maiden "What then?"

"We reinforce our position and entrench ourselves here," said Bountiful before Big Mac could get a word in "The unicorns will break themselves on our pike and shield walls, and then we can withdraw and reinforce at New Ponyville or prepare to assault the walls."

Big Mac nodded in approval, as did the other Generals "Ah'll send someone out ta select some troops for scouting duties. In the meantime, see to your stallions. Go forth, for truth and honour," he said and saluted. 

"For truth and honour," the others replied, returning the salute, and left the tent.

House Earthborn - Cloudsdale Outskirts

Applejack made to reply, the hesitated. This was it; the moment of truth; time to see if Rainbow was the mare Applejack thought she was, or the mare she feared she may have become.

She licked her lips, then slowly looked at the other Commander "Ah'm here to request a formal alliance between our peoples. A solemn oath to aid one another in military and, if y'all so wish, domestic matters. Your House is a House of honour, at least that's what you say, and Ah know mah people have no stains on their honours, either. This war's been going nowhere; it's time that changed, and the best way to do that is to join our strength."

She hesitated again, considering doing something she hadn't done in a long time. Throwing all inhibitions to the wind, she lifted her hoof, spat, and extended it towards Rainbow Dash.

"Well? Ah ain't got all day," she said with a wry grin.

Edited by Archi the Sandworm

House Stormwing @,

"Cazzo, solo aspettare." So that was her intension. That was why she played the role of the nice mare. Applejack sought nothing less than a full alliance. Rainbow remained silent for a good while, her good eye starring her down as she pieced together the words in her head.

“Applejack,” Her tone was less of an accusation at this point, pushing aside her outstretched hoof as if to refuse. “You obviously have a different way of dealing with these matters, one that even we could call barbaric. If you want your answer then you’ll have to wait. My position does not grand me divine influence over every branch of government, this is a matter for the senate to decide.” While this was true Dash knew that she was biding her time.

But Rainbow knew that no deal would go ahead while Earthborn remained within the city’s reaches. “Call back your forces. Withdraw from Stormwing territory before any more trouble is stirred. You’ll have your answer when the senate reaches its decision and I approve of it.” She put a great deal of emphasis on the last few words. “E non ho dimenticato i tuoi atti di hubris.” She muttered under her breath.