Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided - When Harmony is Lost

GreyScholar

House Earthborn - Fillydelphia

@,

Braeburn was honestly surprised that Blueprint had turned down his offer - in his eyes, the majority of Earthborn citizens would have leaped at the chance to serve the House in such an intimate and sensitive matter, but it seemed that some ponies just weren't cut out for that service...

However, the Commander was soon to be proven right in his assumption when the detective mare came rushing back out of her house calling after him, prompting him to turn around with a bright grin on his face "Well, ain't that just the apple in the pie?" he said happily and pushed his hat back off his head again "We'll be headin' to the station now miss. just you stick with us and we'll be at Appleloosa in no time at all." He grinned again, then turned back around to continue towards the station.

@,

Blueprint felt the brim of her own hat. "Sorry, General Braeburn, for that refusal. I had a change of mind." This must be some important matter if they hired an investigator over everypony else. Most of all, they picked me.

"So, you hired an investigator into the office. Must have to do with the other houses, I believe. So what is it? Whitegold? Everfree? Moon and Star? Stormwing?" Blueprint's voice grew louder from excitement until she noticed that she was attracting too much attention. A number of eyes glanced at her, and Blueprint decided to keep her mouth shut. Mentioning other houses would cause too much suspicion.

Blueprint changed the subject. "Excuse me, General Braeburn, but do you know your way around here? I'm just being cautious; there are some places, filled with maniacs, that we shouldn't go to. Especially when you're here, some of these insane ponies might try to...kill you." Blueprint shivered, then continued. "I'm not lying, I've seen one of them before. They're sadistic, they're barbaric, and most of all, unnerving. Thankfully I've never met one directly. I don't dare to imagine what monstrous nightmares they have in their mind."

Edited by Cartophile

@,

House Everfree - Wandering Towards the Forward Scout Camp

(Shadow seems serious and not slightly insane for once.)"Heh 'a long time' eh..... I suppose that everyone has skeletons in their closets nowadays, funny thing is when i came to this side of the forest everything was so nice but something changed and now..... It isn't quite as nice as it used to be..... Erinnert mich von zu Hause." (His cheerfulness looks kinda forced now.) "But lets forget about all that depressing and boring stuff eh? No i've never actually been to a city in equestria. The closest i got was the Fillydelphia Gem Mines and i didn't go there often, all the info i got on the factions came out of..... A whole lot of rather unfortunate, and loud ,soldiers. Oh and the maps that they carried, by now i can honestly say that i'm familiar with almost every place in Equestria. Kinda have to be i couldn't tolerate going into something without being prepared and knowing my way out. Cause if everything goes sideways i don't plan on sticking around, it'll only get me killed. But anyways why do you ask?"

Edited by Tricksters Pride

@

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Undercity

The many policing soldiers of the Whitegold militia saw the approach of the Cultists and immediately left to inform Comander Sassaflash and General Fancy-pants. The inhabitants of the Undercity also fled and shut themselves in the nearest building, because none of them had any desire to become a zany zombie. 

The soldiers that didn't leave began to strategize, while a few... well, fiery and dim ones decided to pull a "Leroy Wingkins" on them.

(OOC: Three militia soldiers armed with axes coming your way! Also, if you get the reference, have a cookie! 

(OOC: I'm too lazy to mention the other players with you, so give them a chance to slice up some soldiers!)

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Southern Mercenary Camp

The observers in the camp saw the inhabitants lock themselves in the buildings and took the sign seriously. The sight of the Cultists approaching just confirmed it all. All the mercenaries were alerted and began taking up arms. The sounds of blades being sharpened and guns getting primed were high in the air as they took position. Many began to strategize and positioned themselves accordingly.

• Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain,

House Moon and Star -  Canterlot Castle - Courtyard

"No, magic doesn't give off waves. At least I don't think they do. That is an interesting concept. Perhaps- oh now isn't the time. Anyway, unicorns have a natural affinity to magic. Especially mages. Very powerful mages maybe be able to sense a source of magical energy nearby. But keep in mind. This is sensing, not predicting. You will be able to sense a magic blast coming at you but by the time you do it would of smack you in the face already. " Eternity then created three orbs of magic and sent them in different directions away from each other.

"I just created three targets made of magic. Your job is to fire a blast at the three of them and hit them, while still having that blindfold on. You are going to have to sense where they are. This is high level stuff. I'm not even a master at it. I just want to see how well you can do. But don't get upset if you do terrible, that's normal.

​(I doubt she can hit em but if you want to you can make it so she does flat out terrible or maybe get's relatively close.)

@@Windbreaker@@SilverHeart,

House Moon and Star - Train from Canterlot to Hoofington

The reverend frowned when Kinetic began to speak of the Cult in Hoofington. "Oh, you were there on that day. How unfortunate. The day the Cult attack Hoofington. I heard it was bloody. I was up in Canterlot so I wouldn't know. I even heard the Archmagister herself had to go down there to settle things because it got so bad. Battle of Hoofington. They Cult did attack Hoofington.) There was a pause then; some silence. But the Crucible put on a smile to help cheer up Kinetic. "Ah but don't worry lad. Cult haven't shown there ugly faces in many years. You'll be fine. It's just like any other city." He took another sip of his drink. "You said you were drafted after the Battle. That was quite some time ago. So that means you've both been in the Inquisition for quite some time.  I'm surprised you two haven't been made inquisition officers yet." He took another sip.

@@Tricksters Pride,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - District of Delights

Dorado laughed a bit at her rant about the arquebus. "You seem to have a grudge against the fine weapon. It is lightweight, pretty strong, accurate and has very good range compared to a hoof cannon and maybe even a crossbow. It was sadly designed only for unicorn use, not for Earthpony nor Pegasi, which is why the trigger system is odd because its operated by magic. As for repeaters... Earthborn have repeater hoof cannons not arquebuses. They don't even own an arquebus. Only Whitegold was smart enough to invent one. You call them morons yet in fact they are quite ingenious for coming up with a design like that, since no pony else had.  (Especially since they didn't even invent the match-lock gun first lol) Anyway, we are here."

Dorado's home. It used to be a small store, until Dorado got involved in an incident and then some ponies died, and then he got blackmailed and long story short, he won it in a card game. The upstairs was were his bedroom was, the main floor was the store part of the building, but he converted it into a living area and, next to the living area was a kitchen. The basement was to be the storage area for the shop, but he keeps all his trophies and valuables down there, including his crossbows. Dorado would open the door for his guest, and gesture her to come inside. "I ask you leave the suspicious machine you call Ironheart outside my home if that is alright. If anything happens I can surely protect you." Once she would step inside she would be greeted by the living area. There wasn't much there, just some tables and chair and a sofa, along with some targets hung on on the wall, and a dartboard, and also some unfinished drinks on the table and an unfinished game of solitaire as well. 

@@AnonBrony,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - District of Delights - Dorado's Home

(Thanks for mentioning that stuff about the Arquebus, it really helped me refine my thoughts on the improved design.)

"Thank you for your hospitality and don't worry, Ironheart is just overprotective he isn't allowed to enter personal homes without my permission. Besides i'm not completely helpless, if i was i would be dead by now wouldn't i?" Gear wipes her hooves off at the door and enters taking a seat on the couch. "Actually that weapon is a result of refined designs from an Earthborn hoof cannon, a brilliant lead scientist, and an attentive leading researcher. Most of the ponies on the research team where not very bright, but the lead scientist was brilliant with good ideas even if the team couldn't implement them because of cost. I saw the original design and it was far more impressive than the result, but even with his leading researcher's help he couldn't reign the stupid ones completely. So the original trigger was scraped for a magically operated one, its range was reduced to crossbow level, and when somepony put forward a design for a better reloading system it was discarded because they didn't have the proper connections. They even continued to use inferior powder, because it currently has non combustible materials i can even sense the metal in it. This causes misfires when there isn't enough combustible materials in it and it could even cause the gun to explode violently, but it could be removed by a proper purification spell and you would see an increase in power, range and accuracy. 'looks at Dorado seriously' Admittedly the current Arquebus is fairly impressive but i could do far better, 'returns to her normal absentmindedness' especially if i had one of those repeaters to play with then i could probably do far more with the design."

(Ironheart is on the rooftop across form Dorado's house, so hes quite visible and not really trying to hide.)

@@AnonBrony,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle

"Oksure..." Star Rain replied uncertainly. Wow, that's it? Geez, for being such an educated arcane scholar who rambles all the time, you aren't providing much information. Now what to do... She readied a magic blast spell and began to use her four senses(since sight obviously wasn't an option at the moment) to try and hit at least one of the magical targets.

For touch, she just waved her forelegs while facing different directions in the air to try and feel some kind of change in air pressure. It didn't work. For hearing, she tried straining her ears while staying still at that same time. It didn't work. For smell, she used her nose(obviously...) to try and sniff them out. It didn't work. For taste, she opened her mouth and tasted the air around her. Wait for it, wait for it...

It didn't work.

UGH! How in the freak am I supposed to sense three freaking targets without much instruction?! Ok, calm down. You have a sort of sixth sense. Intuition, right? Ok... is it there?

With that thought, she turned and fired at what she believed was the first target, but it was a bush that was a few feet away. Star then fired at the second target, but it landed in the grass just inches away from it. As for the third, this was the one she was the most confident about and she fired where she thought it was. Only problem was, it wasn't going anywhere near the target. It was headed straight toward Eternity!

(OOC: >:3 )

@,

Crystal nodded, grabbing some stale bread from her bag. "I guess I'll look there then. I'm honestly...just walking without a purpose...quite sad really." She said, her voice rather bland as she put some butter onto the bread...which she usually liked to save...but she had a guest. "Is that where you're headed?" She asked, using her magic to levitate the bread over to Cascade. "And my stances...well...stop this war. I will do that however I deem best. Of course there are some houses that I'd be unable to join...Stormwing and Earthborn would be two no's for sure..." She sighed. "Let me make some tea." She said, using her magic to get out a pot from her large travel bag, along with a little bit of water.

Factionless - The Lonely Road - Between Ponyville and Golden Pines

Cascade shrugged. "I just need more supplies. I'm on my own, mostly." Her voice sounded tired. "Somepony has to go scavenging in the lake sometimes. Why not me?" She laughed bitterly. "Sometimes I find valuable things down there, things that will put another meal on the table. But it's not all glamour. Usually I don't find treasures down there. Usually it's just somepony else to bury..."

She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I don't enjoy it, but somepony's got to. I've had Earthborns, Whitegolds, and ponies I'd bet my life were Cultists contact me about my work. But so far, I work alone. Why should I work for Whitegold, who just wants me for the money I could make them? Or for Stormwing? They'd rather me be dead, Stormwing would..." She shook her head, and helped herself to some of the tea, ladling some into an old cup she pulled out from a heavily-laden saddlebag she wore under her cloak.

House Earthborn - Ghastly Gorge - Fillydelphia Gem Mine

@

Iron Anvil smirked ruefully "Harsh but true - what else would you call a pony who rapes, pillages and feasts on the bodies of the dead? Nevertheless, I will hear your terms, thought whether I act on them is at my discretion," he looked at one of the Ponies-at-Arms "Hold here in case any of this stallion's friends come down the valley," he said, then motioned over his shoulder to the Caller with a nod "You, walk with me."

Everfree Tribes - Ghastly Gorge - Fillydelphia Gem Mine

Hindsight laughed. "We don't all do that." He seemed oddly calm about the accusations the general was making. In fact, his tone almost sounded like he agreed. 

Upon arriving to a more secure location, Hindsight sat down, and looked Iron Anvil square in the eyes. "The Tribe Leaders of the Old Oaks and Bear's Tooth Tribes send me as their emissary. They believe that we can strike a deal to benefit both of our factions." He nodded towards the outside. "Our Mother has requested some of the gems you produce at your mine. So, the Treeskin and my own Mistress have decided to offer some of Everfree's own natural resources for a fraction of the gems you produce here."

He gulped, then continued, "If you agree to supply the forest with gems, we will allow you to collect timber from a specific patch of land between Bordertown and these very mines." Hindsight felt sure that he need not remind the general that the last time their great Big Macintosh had tried removing trees from the forest at all, he had nearly been removed from this world by a hydra. "We also have to offer certain amenities that can only be provided by my own Tribe, Bear's Tooth. Certain dyes and alchemical ingredients that can only be taken from the herds of the mon- creatures they keep." 

He nodded. "I personally believe that a successful transaction here could possibly lead to renewed ties between our houses. Which would be mutually beneficial, surely." 

Everfree Tribes - Old Moon Castle

The three young witches continued poking and prodding the injured-looking Standoff, and after a short discussion in hushed tones, slathered some sections of his stitchwork in a smelly green paste, and stuffed some herbs in his mouth. "This should put you on the path to recovery," one hissed. "We need you in good condition." "You get to meet the Mother of Us All," the second said. "You should feel truly honored," said the third. "See? She comes now." The three witches bowed their heads and stepped away from Standoff submissively, eyeing a somepony that had evidently trotted up right behind him. 

"So... The Callers who brought you in seem to think you have a lot of spirit. And a lot to say." A yellow hoof caressed one of Standoff's stichlines almost lovingly. "Easy access, too. Shame." The face of Fluttershy came into Standoff's field of vision, smiling sweetly. "Maybe something you have to say can prove that you deserve better than others who wander into our forest."

With a flick of her tail, she shooed away the witches. So she and Standoff were apparently and utterly alone.

@@Marathon,

Cult Of Laughter. Phillydelphia hideout.

Wind squealed with delight before kissing Lila on the lips and doing a back hoof spring towards the door, landing gracefully before stopping and looking back at Lila. "COME ON LILAAAAAA~!" She called. "Goandkill,Wind.Justdoit." She mumbled, speaking quickly. "I know I know, give me some time." She replied to herself, still awaiting Lila at the door as her squad awaited her outside.

@@Tricksters Pride,

House Everfree. da forest.

Violet shrugged. "Just curious." She replied, slithering over a large log as if it was a tiny rock. "I mean...you and I aren't really the type of fighters who'd just go walking around the city...well...slithering in my case." She said, glancing back at her tail before looking forwards again. "Wonder what we'll be doing..." She mumbled as a robin fluttered over and landed on her head...Violet did notice but...she thought nothing of it.

Factionless. A few miles from Ponyville.

@.

Crystal nodded and let Cascade finish as she served herself some tea. "If I may ask...how did you manage to get all the way to the bottom of the lake?" She asked. "And then into the houses...that'd be difficult. You must be one hell of a swimmer." She said, her horn flashing and surrounding her tea before she took a sip. It had turned to slush. "And you never know...maybe there's some group out there willing to...stop this stupid war. I've stayed from all the houses for the same reason to be honest. None of the houses would...really accept me. I'd either become just another soldier. Be used for more dangerous situations like a puppet...or just killed." She shrugged, sipping her tea. "So that's why I just...wander."

((Sorry about the crappyness of all these posts...I gotta sleep.))

Edited by ~Crystal Fire~

Kinetic stared into his drink. He was feeling a little better, but he wasn't sure if that was the alcohol or Reverend Crucible's words.

"In my case, I've refused to go into the field for many years. The reason being the aforementioned Battle of Hoofington. And I'm loathe to give up science, though I believe the slaves will rejoice if ever I no longer perform experiments on them. I suppose they have some...less than kind words to say about me," Kinetic said in a half-joking manner. He took another sip of his drink, slowly realizing that he didn't even like that specific drink and was just drinking to take his mind off the terror he had to deal with. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, since if he was in a constant panic, he was no use to anypony and if he were drunk, he was still no use. "Have either of you fine gentlecolts got any advice on dealing with crippling fright? Because drinking myself into a stupor would be less than efficient."

FACTIONLESS, EVERFREE FOREST SOUTHERN QUADRANT, 0936 HOURS, STANDOFF

"Oh, this is gonna be fun. 'All I need is a sheet of paper and something to write with, and then I can turn the world upside down.' You want the locations of Diamond Dog tunnels? How about battle plans, accurate a week in advance? Troop counts? Troop transfers? For instance, this first one's free, I know for a fact that Moon and Star is getting more paranoid every day. They're arresting ponies in the streets on the grounds of being "spies" and just tossing them to Trixie, and the Big Cheese herself doesn't seem to care. Wouldn't take a whole lot of trying on that front to maybe cause a turnover. You follow?" Standoff smacked his lips. Those herbs had tasted weird. "Anyway. I'm worth more alive than dead. And I'm not really receptive to torture, having been flayed to within an inch of my life and then sewed up again in the same day, so keep that in mind. No, I'm serious. Don't take it as a challenge, it's just a fact. I have been shot, stabbed, smashed, bitten, snapped, poisoned, sprayed with acid, electrified, and beaten. There's nothing you can do that hasn't already been done. Again, don't take this as a challenge. Even before I turned into a walking Raggedy Ann, I wasn't much to look at... So there's my two bits."

Edited by Monsieur Buttmad

Factionless. A few miles from Ponyville.

@.

Crystal nodded and let Cascade finish as she served herself some tea. "If I may ask...how did you manage to get all the way to the bottom of the lake?" She asked. "And then into the houses...that'd be difficult. You must be one hell of a swimmer." She said, her horn flashing and surrounding her tea before she took a sip. It had turned to slush. "And you never know...maybe there's some group out there willing to...stop this stupid war. I've stayed from all the houses for the same reason to be honest. None of the houses would...really accept me. I'd either become just another soldier. Be used for more dangerous situations like a puppet...or just killed." She shrugged, sipping her tea. "So that's why I just...wander."

((Sorry about the crappyness of all these posts...I gotta sleep.))

Factionless - The Lonely Road - Between Ponyville and Golden Pines

Cascade chuckled nervously. "Yeah... Swimming's pretty much the only thing I'm good at." She shrugged, and rustled her wings uncomfortably, causing her cloak to ripple mysteriously. She hastily changed the subject, locking her wings to her sides. "I don't know, though. I've been thinking about it a bit. Maybe if I were to join a house, I'd actually be safer, because then I'd actually have allies. Lots of friends to watch my back, you know?" She sighed. "Because I don't see this war ending anytime soon." She gazed at the fire a little gloomily as she sipped more tea.

FACTIONLESS, EVERFREE FOREST SOUTHERN QUADRANT, 0936 HOURS, STANDOFF

"Oh, this is gonna be fun. 'All I need is a sheet of paper and something to write with, and then I can turn the world upside down.' You want the locations of Diamond Dog tunnels? How about battle plans, accurate a week in advance? Troop counts? Troop transfers? For instance, this first one's free, I know for a fact that Moon and Star is getting more paranoid every day. They're arresting ponies in the streets on the grounds of being "spies" and just tossing them to Trixie, and the Big Cheese herself doesn't seem to care. Wouldn't take a whole lot of trying on that front to maybe cause a turnover. You follow?" Standoff smacked his lips. Those herbs had tasted weird. "Anyway. I'm worth more alive than dead. And I'm not really receptive to torture, having been flayed to within an inch of my life and then sewed up again in the same day, so keep that in mind. No, I'm serious. Don't take it as a challenge, it's just a fact. I have been shot, stabbed, smashed, bitten, snapped, poisoned, sprayed with acid, electrified, and beaten. There's nothing you can do that hasn't already been done. Again, don't take this as a challenge. Even before I turned into a walking Raggedy Ann, I wasn't much to look at... So there's my two bits."

Everfree Tribes - Old Moon Castle

Fluttershy gazed thoughtfully at Standoff for a few moments longer, and for the briefest second, she looked sad at the thought of her friend, and who she had become. But then the weakness was gone, and Fluttershy looked contemplative again. "You make a convincing argument, Standoff. I think we can make a deal." She looked him in the eyes. "You can stay in the forest, safe from those who would hunt you. You get time to recover from your injuries. In exchange, I need you to pledge to the United Tribes of Everfree, provide whatever information you might have, and serve once you're in a fit state to do so." She nodded at him. "You know the outside. We need your connections."

And with a charming, innocent smile, Fluttershy asked, "You can start by telling me about any diamond dog tunnels that run near the Forest."

Edited by Dez

HOUSE EVERFREE, EVERFREE FOREST SOUTHERN QUADRANT, 0936 HOURS, STANDOFF

"Sounds good. I've got a map." Said map was procured and rolled out on the floor (it looked like it has been made by several ponies of varying talents, and some parts had been scribbled out or written over in the same small, precise hoofwriting), and then Standoff got to work.

"Okay, so one of the closest ones goes through Dragonpoint Outpost and terminates a couple of kilometres inside the border of Froggy Bottom Bog, as you can see here. There's a load of them around Lake Ponyville, but I don't know if those are flooded or not. Nobody's been down to have a look that I know of, and none of my contacts have the tech to get down there long enough to see. So, those tunnels have been deemed 'Assumed flooded', seen here. But here's the kicker. You ready?" Standoff was sitting so that most of the map was covered, the only part visible being the area around the Everfree Forest. "You see this line here? That's a tunnel that goes straight to..." Standoff traced the obviously drawn on dotted line with his hoof. It wound around some, kinked a couple of times, and stopped right at the Royal Castle Ruins. "Here. And that's not even the best part! There's another that goes from Dragonpoint to Tree-Tops." Standoff expertly folded the map and put it back in his bag. "What do you think of that, eh? Dog tunnels going right to your city centers? The map's accurate, by the way, even though it doesn't look it. Had some of the best Inter-House espionage workers make it. And I'm always keeping an ear out."

Edited by Monsieur Buttmad

@@MagicalStarRain,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle

Eternity began to laugh to himself, now trying to laugh loudly, as he watched Star try to use other senses. It was enjoyable to watch, until he saw she fired a blast straight at him. Eternity instinctively put up a small barrier in front of him to block the blast. It was quite a surprise. 

"Eh... you didn't do completely terrible! You almost got two of the targets... one of them being me... but umm, I noticed you were trying to use your other senses. You aren't really suppose to do that. You are supposed to be able to just tell where they are. Sort of like a gut-feeling, but at the same time it isn't. It's difficult to explain. Now just try again. Concentrate and focus, you have to feel where they are are. sense where they are. Picture the area in your mind."

(You will probably still fail, maybe getting better.)

@@Windbreaker,

The Reverend noticed the stallion seemed very worried and tense. "Just relax. You have nothing to fear. Like I've said there hasn't been much Cult activity in the Hoofington lately. I highly doubt you will see one cultist. You'll be fine once you've calmed down." The Reverend seemed to be doubtful of his companions now. Is he up for the Job? I hope he'll be Okay. What about the other one? "What about you... Fields was it? I sure hope you don't have a crippling fear of Hoofington too."

@@Tricksters Pride,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - District of Delights - La Casa del Dorado. 

As Gear continued to rant about the gun, Dorado stepped into his kitchen and got some wine. He poured himself a glass and offered her a glass while she was talking. He listened to her just to please her, as he didn't really wanted to hear about it, but one thing did catch his ears. "Not great range? Maybe you just haven't seen an arquebus in action. They have very superior range and accuracy. (As stated by Yoorik) They just don't do much damage. From a distance unless you hit the head you probably aren't going to kill the pony. (As with real life muskets and and older guns.) But you will possible piece some armor and break some bones heh heh. Of course it will kill up close too."

As he drank his wine he realized he was supposed to be showing him his collection. "Oh that is right. Mi ballestas are in the basement. Vámonos." He would lead her to a door and open it, leading to a stair way. At the bottom of the stairway she would see crates and chests full of who knows what, but int the back of the basement, she would see them. A wide assortment of weapons, not just crossbows, hung along the well. Some were just regular bows, and there were swords and even pikes too. Some were clearly ornamental and for decoration. There were plenty of crossbows though, some very large made of metal and some small.  In the center of the wall of weapons was a glass case with golden armor hanging on a stand within. To the side of the rooms were selves full of trinkets and pieces of armor as well, that didn't seem to belong to him. Lastly above the center glass case with the armor was very large golden crossbow.  

Edited by AnonBrony

@,

"Well, I ain't really sure about the case file yet, we've got some people woking on evidence now but the Board needed someone to take a look at and assess everything," said Braeburn "I've heard that the boys think the murder couldn't have been done physically, so that leave only... Magic."

He spat the last word with considerable venom, and once again the almost perpetual smile on his face vanished for a moment. However, it was quickly replaced as he continued "Anyhow, now that you're with us, things should get on at a merry pace."

They continued to trot along, and the train station came into view as Blueprint brought up the subject of the less savoury types harboured within Ponyville. In response, he shot her a reassuring smile "I wouldn't worry none right now about those folks. They wanna skulk in the shadows, that's fine, but soon as they surface we'll bring 'em down. We of truth on our side, miss."

He stopped in front of the turnstile and leaned through to talk to the ticket stallion on the other side "She's with me," he said, nodding in Blueprints direction, and the stallion nodded.

Braeburn stood aside to allow Blueprint through "Mares first, miss," he smiled.

House Earthborn - Ghastly Gorge - Fillydelphia Gem Mines

@,

The captain nodded with a small "uh-huh" of acknowledgement, then stared at the floor for a short while, thinking. After a minute or so, he looked back up at the Caller, this time serious.

"An interesting offer, though I'd like to clarify some things first, savage. First of all, how many gems are we talking here?"

House Earthborn - New Ponyville - Military Assembly Ground

@@The-Master,

@@Windbreaker,

At the head of the assembled regiments, General Big Mac waited for the registration period to end with a stoic and unmoving facial expression. His eyes stared into the midde distance without a care, until finally the last horn sounded from the companies to verify that all were present.

Big Macintosh's own company of 200 stallions assembled around him. They were all veteran juggernauts, hand picked by the General himself, and their armour plates could tell stories by themselves, a gouge here, a claw mark there, a worn and rusted decorative badge that had emblazoned a chestpate since the first year of war. All of these things were testament to the hell these stallions had gone through to fight with and as the best.

"Command company! Forward facing!" he cried, although that was only in reference to his own men "Foot and Siege regiments! Marching in triple column formation, rank order - three companies abreast, Siege companies in rear! We march for the east gate! Forward - march!"

The standard bearer to his right brought a warhorn to his lips and blew, and the drummer at the formation's rear began a steady marching beat.

Slowly but surely, the companies began to march forward as the command to march made its way down through the companies, and the Earthborn warmachine came to life...

House Earthborn - Cloudsdale Outskirts

@@The-Master,

The Buster rolled to a stop, and Applejack woke from her small snooze as the axles ground and screeched against the breaks. Well, woke up was, strictly speaking, incorrect - the Supreme Commander had not been asleep, merely thinking. Sleep was difficult for her now, and required a concentrated effort. Sinking into a stupor, though? That she could do.

The cold was what hit Applejack first as she stepped out into the sun. Up here in Equestria's more northern reaches, the weather was more prone to chills and even snow. Such things had never been the Supreme Commander's favourite conditions, due to both her upbrining in warmer climes and her farmer's instincts; crops did not grow in the snow, funnily enough.

Her retinue stepped out and formed a shield wall around her as she stood at the foot of the Buster's ramp. Squinting, she looked up at the majestic cloud city floating above her. She wondered if anyone would have the common bucking courtesy to greet her.

@

House Everfree - Wandering Towards the Forward Scout Camp

'Grins eerily' "Heh yah there's a certain ghost town that would disagree with your assessment. I hide in cities well after dark, after all my coat is black enough to blend and a little dark powder and so is my tail. I mean i haven't been in any of Equestria's cities but i could adapt given time, i wasn't an expert in ambushes and covert ops for nothing. Anyways that's a good question... But i have no idea. Maybe the druid knows, i'm willing to bet that she knows more than most. So why not try asking her maybe even get to know her a little, after all we where singled out so i bet that we will be working together. 'Smiles apologetically ' And umm i really hate to be rude but eh i'm a wraith and because i restrain myself i tend to get.... Antsy. So i really need to hunt something right now, one of the sacrifices was a little..... Um yah sorry but i really need to let off some steam. So ill be nearby but (sigh) sorry again."

(Shadow kinda lives up to his name and seems to blend in to the forest as he slinks away, so almost immediately blends into the forest after he starts to leave. (Yah hes hunting so you wont see him unless he attacks or lets you see him.) @,

Also Dez it would be most appreciated if he found something to hunt, maybe even sentient?)

@@AnonBrony

'Upon receiving the wine she politely declines stating' "Sorry but i need to be attentive today, i plan on finishing the Guardian. Maybe some other time. Oh and i plan on going to see the latest performance with Vickers, i'm rather fond of Whitegold's music its relaxing."  'She then gets up and follows Dorado' "Yes but they would have been able to have a longer barrel if they had used the original reloading..... Wow that is an impressive arsenal, 'Glances respectfully at Dorado before returning her attention to the weapons.'  i hadn't thought that you would have pikes too. 'notices a particular pike' Especially this one this looks like something that Germane line infantry would use, its even made out of proper steel." 'Her gaze finally rests upon the golden armor and crossbow.' "Am i correct to assume that those are ceremonial or are they made out of more than just gold, as its a rather soft metal? Still though the craftsponyship is most impressive, dose it have a purpose other than looking nice?" 

(I know that you may have expected her to only be interested in the crossbows, but Gear is from Germaney and one of their smiths too so she likes all weapons and armor.)

@,  @@Marathon@,

Fillydelphia Hideout- Central Chamber

Ditzy's smile came back from Red's sudden outburst. "Indeed I am, Lautrec. And, although he hasn't said so, I believe that the High Prophet himself is coming to our party. Isn't it exciting?"

The Harl-equine squad leader- adorned with a slightly bigger unicycle- glanced over to the door, where Black Frost came in, clutching a hastily packed suitcase. At this, Ditzy's smile grew even more. "Ah, Black Frost. Come have a cup of tea and perhaps a muffin before we leave."

Black Frost bowed and drew closer, carefully picking up a filled teacup.

@@Grand_Finale@@MagicalStarRain,

On the road to- Southern Mercenary Camp

Lemon Heart's grin grew as she looked out over the proceedings. "Well, not always. But there always is a party going along somewhere and, well, We're the life of it."

As a few axe guards began to pull a suicidal rush, one of the was mauled by a small group of laughing dead, a second was zapped by Lemon Heart, and the third tripped and- unfortunately- landed directly in front of the Grinning Worm. It regarded him for a second before grabbing him and, with the unfortunate pony's screams, retracted back into his box. He came out without the pony and continued to pull.

As the group approached, Lemon Heart turned to Tarot. "Are you ready for the real party to start, dear apprentice?" Still smiling, she levitated out from a box a corpse- looking like it used to belong to a filly. Maybe a few months ago. "Now, my dear, as you are an Earth Pony, necromancy will be slightly more difficult, but the basic concepts are the same. Just cast the spells taht you have been studying. Try to focus your energy through your hooves, as that is where your magic comes from." She zapped the filly and set it down on the ground off the truck, where it slowly stood up and joined the rest, giggling in a higher-pitched tones as the others were. "And wash, rinse, and repeat." She quickly animated one or two more before turning to Tarot. "Now, go ahead dear. You try. And don't worry if you can't do it. It's only your first try."

((I'm going to wait until they get closer to the town before I make my move, Dez.))

Edited by Magos Amphrose

Cult Of Laughter- Manehattan Mercenary Camp

@

Tarots smile faded slightly, though she didnt let it show. She watched the pony scream in terror as he was pulled into the box right in front of her. It was in this moment she realized her dire position. She could either continue to act as though this wasnt absolutely horrendous, and attempt to perform a necromancing to please her teacher, or she could run. She could run and hope she wasnt caught.

She turned back to Lemon Heart. "I... I guess I can try" She said, the smile on her face now sickeningly fake. She had always ignored these brutal acts, but now she had to cause them. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She ran the spells through her head repeatedly, though intentionally missing a word or a beat, so it didnt work.

She opened one eye to see Lemon heart watching her. What would she do if She failed? she might hit me, or lock me away, or... Tarot shut her eye again "No Tarot, thats in the past, this doesnt happen here" she thought to herself. "But just to be safe" finally, Tarot performed the spell, accurately, and she could feel it working, a spark slowly travelling to her hooves. It was so close and... It fizzled. Tarot couldnt do it, she couldnt bring herself to cause such torment.

"I-I guess I still need more practice" Tarot said sheepishly, passing off her failure as a lack of experience rather than her own fear. "I'll have to do more studying when I get home" She said, the screams of terrorized ponies echoing through her ears like a terrible reminder of what she's gotten herself into

Edited by Grand_Finale

(OOC: Posting from my phone. Sorry it took me so long. We seem to be having so e problems with the cable company.)

Snowy Fields sat in silence as the other two talked, every now and then he would listen in. Once every couple if minutes he would take a sip of his drink. Personally he found the patience that the good reverend showed with Kinetic Energy's fear a rather remarkable feat. Fear and cowardliness do not fit a servant of the Sisters.

"Hmm? No, not at all. Hoofington is a fine city. I personally prefer Canterlot but it has it's own charms. I heard it has changed over the last few years though. Possibly for the better..." Snowy paused in thought for a few moments wondering if there was anything else he should add. After pondering he decided a change of topic may be better for Kinetic.

"So what do we know about this Astrolabe? Obviously she's a unicorn that has been gifted with intelligence. Any thing we should know going in?" He asked as he downed the rest of the alcohol.

House Earthborn - Fillydelphia@,

"Well, I ain't really sure about the case file yet, we've got some people working on evidence now but the Board needed someone to take a look at and assess everything," said Braeburn "I've heard that the boys think the murder couldn't have been done physically, so that leave only... Magic."

He spat the last word with considerable venom, and once again the almost perpetual smile on his face vanished for a moment. However, it was quickly replaced as he continued "Anyhow, now that you're with us, things should get on at a merry pace."

They continued to trot along, and the train station came into view as Blueprint brought up the subject of the less savoury types harboured within Ponyville. In response, he shot her a reassuring smile "I wouldn't worry none right now about those folks. They wanna skulk in the shadows, that's fine, but soon as they surface we'll bring 'em down. We of truth on our side, miss."

He stopped in front of the turnstile and leaned through to talk to the ticket stallion on the other side "She's with me," he said, nodding in Blueprints direction, and the stallion nodded.

Braeburn stood aside to allow Blueprint through "Mares first, miss," he smiled.

@,

Blueprint laughed at Braeburn's conclusion, and when the moment passed, she reorganized her suit and hat. "My apologies, General Braeburn, but as an investigator, assumptions are something all of us evildoers refrain from. And I have seem several genocide autopsy reports that magic is not the only factor for one's death.

"For example, it could have been caused by focused electrical shock, which would have been as simple as throwing a cord into the water. Or suffocation. Or poisoning," Blueprint listed, her voice dozing off.

"They are many possibilities for non-physical causes of death. I haven't observed the scene yet, but it's best we shouldn't jump into conclusions here," Blueprint reasoned.

Blueprint bit her lip as he replied to her mention of the insane ponies. "The problem is, General Braeburn, they've lost their minds. They're not going to care about anything, even their lives. The ponies here fear them. And it's not just here. They seem to be part of some organization of theirs, no, a cult," Blueprint explained. "All of them seem to worship their own personal god, only I don't know what it is."

Blueprint opened the case, which held the golden watch. Blueprint looked around, almost if she wanted no one to see it, then closed the case shut, and entered the train. The train was filled with ponies, or rather, earth ponies and a small number of pegasi. "I don't believe in any god anymore," she said in a somewhat angered manner. "The Princesses were a fraud, and we've been following them like ignorant slaves. It was about time they disappear for good.

The station bell rang, and all the train doors slid in a rightward motion, closing it. The noise outside became muffled, and Blueprint continued. "After all, this is a new age. No more tyranny. Just us. Maybe we create a new, free Equestria." Blueprint chuckled. "I'm even sick of the word 'princess' now. We should be free. Right?"

The train began to slowly move, and Blueprint's voice was masked by the whistle.

@@Tricksters Pride,

"Ah si, esta lanza." Dorado replied. "That pike you see, I won it in a duel with another mercenary. I guess he could have been from Germaney... y no, that suit of armor and cross are not decoration. That suit of armor is what I wear all the time on Jobs, unless it something stealthy, or I may wear it on special occasions, but it is very good armor. Strongest gold there is. very dense, and is worth a lot." He is lying its actually regular steel armor painted gold, and its actually not that strong because it is very light. (It fits his personality quite nice.) And that crossbow is the same, though I rarely use it. For it is my most powerful weapon and most most prized possession. Her name is, Mi Hermana Preciosa." Dorado began to have memories of his Sister. He looked downward to the ground in sorrow and was silent for a moment. He then pushed away the sadness and glanced Gear. He knew his chance was near. He decided to distract her. "So would you like to check out one of these crossbows in action? How about this big one?" He flew up and grabbed a rather large crossbow with a metal bow along with a crank. "I call this one Margarita!"

@@SilverHeart, @@Windbreaker,

The Reverend pondered on Snowy's question for a moment. "Hmm well we no she doesn't have much fighting skills. But she may resist us. So we might have to use force to bring her in. Hopefully you two will be able to convince her. The Archmagister doesn't want her harmed or dead. I think that is all. Oh we are also allowed to take any of her belongings if necessary. She may have useful equipment."

Crucible continued to drink his beverage but then an odd thought occurred in his mind. He wasn't sure where it came from but he thought he should share it with the others. "Hey, I just had an odd thought... what do you two think would happen is Moon and Star annexed Foaledo? The neutral city to the south of us."

@@AnonBrony,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - District of Delights - La Casa del Dorado

(I know that i'm only going to get cryptic hints but ill bite. Chance?)

Gear inspects the armor for a few seconds before answering. 'Hes obviously lieing not only can he sense the steel in there but you cant densify gold enough to make decent armor. Especially since hes a Pegisis the weight of densified gold would practically crush him, hmm it would probably be too much for even large Earth Ponies. On another note it would seem that his soul wavers very faintly when he lies, i'll be sure to watch out for that. But he isn't lieing about the crossbow it is a powerful weapon, painted gold as well but that certainly wont retract from its power.' Upon hearing about firing a crossbow she stops and returns her gaze to Dorado. "Sure do you have a target in mind. Because i'm sure that Ironheart wouldn't mind placing this upon a nearby rooftop." After stating this Gear reshapes the metal that she had gotten from Vickers into a shield sized target. (She had been wearing it on her right fore-leg up until now, in a similar manner to plate armor. (Metal dose not have weight to Gear anymore due to her constant use of it.))

@@AnonBrony, @@SilverHeart

Kinetic was grateful for the change of topic. Talking about Hoofington just seemed to make his situation worse, but Foaledo was a place he wanted to see. He drained his glass and reached into his pocket, drawing out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes, only realising it was empty when he attempted to extract one.

"Drat. I forgot to pick up a fresh packet... In case either of you are wondering, I usually don't smoke. Only when I panic like this. Anyway, Foaledo... I've never been there, but I'd like to. If Moon and Star annexed it, we could likely use Inquisitor privileges to go there and maybe take a day off. After we've cleared it of heretics and convinced the locals to join Moon and Star. Unicorn Superiority and all that," Kinetic said, checking his other pockets to see if he had another packet. Eventually he gave up and his thoughts drifted to something else, thankfully having nothing to do with the Cult or his irrational fear of Hoofington.

House Earthborn - New Ponyville - Military Assembly Grounds
@,

Poppy abandoned the conversation that never happened and marched in time with the others, a sadistic smile slowly forming on her face. As long as she followed orders, behaved like a soldier should and remembered what her CO had taught her, she could kill as many Unicorns as she wanted. As many Unicorns as it took to make her feel better...

@@Spell Shock
Guardians of Harmony – Mountain Base near Old Ponyville

The stallion paid attention to the filly's reaction, considering her as Spell listened to his explanation of how he knew her and mentions she did not remember Pony she just met once. This told Golden that perhaps he should have paid more attention to her and wondered if anypony had offered her friendship or if she had just spnt her time in research.

On her question he shook his head and answered bring her the written briefing, "I don't know completely myself but if you go to read it you may." With such Golden hoofed the paper to Spell and when she read it she will find the words:

'Golden Dawn, you will go to the research district and find a filly by the name of Spell Shock. She has been doing research involving the study of crystal magic and notice has been given of a storm that seems to be growing. It has been learned that this storm will reach its greatest size within 5 days.

It has been has deemed necessary the Spell Shock makes the trip to this storm and yet it is felt she cannot take this journey alone.

Golden Dawn we need you to company her and also find one of the mercenaries trusted to help.

Spell Shock we will trust that you keep yourself safe and that you will know what to do when you arrive at the storm.

Good luck to both of you'

The paper was signed with the signature of both Lady Nyx and Spell Nexus

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Factionless - The Lonely Road - Between Ponyville and Golden Pines   Cascade chuckled nervously. "Yeah... Swimming's pretty much the only thing I'm good at." She shrugged, and rustled her wings uncomfortably, causing her cloak to ripple mysteriously. She hastily changed the subject, locking her wings to her sides. "I don't know, though. I've been thinking about it a bit. Maybe if I were to join a house, I'd actually be safer, because then I'd actually have allies. Lots of friends to watch my back, you know?" She sighed. "Because I don't see this war ending anytime soon." She gazed at the fire a little gloomily as she sipped more tea.

@,

Crystal nodded. "I can understand that...though...I honestly don't trust any of the houses. I've been back stabbed once or twice in my traveling and...I'd rather not have it happen again. I agree with you but I also disagree in a sense...keep your friends close and your enemies closer right?" She shrugged and sipped her slushy tea. "So...any recent news you've heard? Forgive me if I already asked that but...thought I'd figure out what I can." She said, placing her cup down next to the log she sat upon.

House Everfree - Wandering Towards the Forward Scout Camp   'Grins eerily' "Heh yah there's a certain ghost town that would disagree with your assessment. I hide in cities well after dark, after all my coat is black enough to blend and a little dark powder and so is my tail. I mean i haven't been in any of Equestria's cities but i could adapt given time, i wasn't an expert in ambushes and covert ops for nothing. Anyways that's a good question... But i have no idea. Maybe the druid knows, i'm willing to bet that she knows more than most. So why not try asking her maybe even get to know her a little, after all we where singled out so i bet that we will be working together. 'Smiles apologetically ' And umm i really hate to be rude but eh i'm a wraith and because i restrain myself i tend to get.... Antsy. So i really need to hunt something right now, one of the sacrifices was a little..... Um yah sorry but i really need to let off some steam. So ill be nearby but (sigh) sorry again."   (Shadow kinda lives up to his name and seems to blend in to the forest as he slinks away, so almost immediately blends into the forest after he starts to leave. (Yah hes hunting so you wont see him unless he attacks or lets you see him.) @Dez,   Also Dez it would be most appreciated if he found something to hunt, maybe even sentient?)

Violet just nodded at Shadow before looking ahead at Eve. She slithered a little quicker until she came up to the mare a few feet away. "Hey..." She said, giving Eve a small wave before continuing. "I was just curious to know if you had any idea what we'd be doing at the forward scout camp...I'm just a little curious since...well...we didn't get much information before hoof so." She shrugged. "I'm Violet by the way." She said, giving Eve a small smile. "Sorry for being so...disapproving back there..." She said, thinking back to the feast before shaking her head. "Just got agitated." She said.

@Dez,@@The-Master

House Stormwing

Terra was a bit annoyed by the journey in Cloudsdale. Their transportation, the spell required for them to walk on clouds... they were wasting time when they should have arrived to their destination ages ago! By the maker he didn't think ascending into the sky would take as long as crossing half of Trottingham! They were going to be late this way... and the wrong impression could cost them a lot, afterall there were others that would lung at the opportunity to take their positions once they had been dishonored. This was something that Terra refused to allow.

Selune on the other hand jumped at the opportunity to examine the engines of their transportation balloon upon Cloudsdale. She had been practicing the "Cloudwalking" spell from the moment they received the letter and was glad to be finally able to put it into good use. She kept admiring the city sub-consiously following Terra who seemed annoyed with her inability to focus upon the task at hoof. It took them some time but they finally arrived at the 
Cloudsdale Caserma.

Seeing their superiors in front of them seemed to remind both of their place amongst the House. Both Selune and Terra bowed next to each other, the former removing her hood used to protect her against the fierce winds, the latter removing his helmet-placing it below his left hoof bowing in acknowledgement of their superior's authority. When finally they rose up once again Terra spoke first.

Terra-"Excuse us for our late arrival... our transportation in here was a bit... problematic."

Selune-"We did the best we could... your letter seemed urget." 

Edited by nioniosbbbb