Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is it that women most desire?

Life Giver

Today during my English class, the teacher asked us what is it that women most desire. 

He asked us this because of a story we are reading about The Canterbury Tales and the part we are on The Wife of the Bath's Tale.

So he told us to go home and ask someone this, so I chose to come here to see what you lovely ponies have to say. 

Any pony can answer.

I'm going to be real cheesy but hey, I guess it's being loved, respected and just be happy. That wasn't as cheesy as I thought it would sound, if I was a woman the thing I would desire the most would be a Lamborghini Aventador but that's just me and probably many women but not most.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 4

Oooh, Canterbury Tales, I remember those. Quite well, in fact.

Tell your teacher this: 

“Wommen desiren to have sovereyntee

As wel over hir housbond as hir love,
And for to been in maistrie hym above.”

And yes, that's the original text.

• Brohoof 1

It would be stupid to say that female people all want the same thing, since everyone is different...

Some want to be famous, some want love, some want money, some want security. It will be different for everyone. Girls are not a programmed machine that mens can use.

• Brohoof 5

Well,

Hey, I can't say I'm a woman.  I'm only 15 but all that I want is to succeed at whatever it is I choose to do in my life and be with someone whom I love and loves me back equally. 

I guess that's not really much though is it?

It would be stupid to say that female people all want the same thing, since everyone is different...

Some want to be famous, some want love, some want money, some want security. It will be different for everyone. Girls are not a programmed machine that mens can use.

I do agree with what you say because I too and I bet many believe that as well. But I don't know if that's what my teacher is going to want. 

Now I'm talking specifically about girls my age. They want a guy with swag and the big D. They think because he has a 6 pack he's going to be successful. NEWSFLASH!! anyone can be physically fit it takes more to be mentally fit.  

post-17764-0-93030100-1383784562_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 12

It's hard to say since it is different for each woman. Each girl has something different that they desire. Some desire love, others money, fame, etc. It depends on the girl. Each human desires something different.

I'm going to be real cheesy but hey, I guess it's being loved, respected and just be happy. That wasn't as cheesy as I though it would sound, if I was a woman the thing I would desire the most would be a Lamborghini Aventador but that's just me and probably many women but not most.

And I would like to add that most men want the exact same thing you just described even if some of them are a bit too macho to admit it. Other than that though as with both men and women everyone is different and everyone has different goals, dreams and priorities. I think that most people man and woman wants to have some meaning and purpose in their lives and I think that is one of the main reasons why there is so much depression today because the culture encourages people to conform to these unrealistic double standards and it makes people try to be someone they are not. You see that with the media encouraging women to be walking stick figures with fake boobs and way too much makeup and by encouraging men to be these knuckle dragging neaderthals fake macho weekend warriors that riot when their favorite sports team dosen't win and by encouraging both to be smart enough to make the levels of society work but dumb enough to not question anything going on around them or focus on the real issues plaguing society. I better end this before I start writing a novel, here Wall O Text Man away (cue cheesy superhero music).

• Brohoof 1

I can't speak for all women but the thing I want most is respect and equality. I want to be looked at as just another person and not a weak female but also someone who deserves respect

• Brohoof 1

Most women can't even answer that question. Honestly, I'd say happiness. How one goes about fulfilling said happiness is another daunting question. Being happy with what I have rather than what I think I want would be nice.

Now I'm talking specifically about girls my age. They want a guy with swag and the big D. They think because he has a 6 pack he's going to be successful. NEWSFLASH!! anyone can be physically fit it takes more to be mentally fit.  

Haha ew. Hope I'm not the only one here that doesn't want a very muscley guy with a 6 pack. I can't even seem to fall for those that a lot of people call "hot", like celebrities. o_e   I guess I have a very different taste.

Anyways! I'm sure others have better answers than me. I personally think in the end, it all comes down to love. Loving, and being loved back. But how one feels loved differ, as I heard there are five love languages. (Very interesting.. And if you haven't heard of it, google it! Or buy the book. o: )  As for me, I desire a family of my own, with the one I love.

What I want would be generosity and loyalty. And honesty. You know what? Let's just say I want all the Elements of Harmony rolled up into one guy.

But, if all else fails, then a guy with a good sense of humour will do. :P

It's different per lady.

I personally, want to achieve in life. At the moment all I want to do is become successful, get to somewhere that I am happy in life.

A relationship isn't what I need at the moment, so I don't quite care about it. But it's always nice to have someone love you.

Edited by Aquais
  • Brohoof 1

For me, of course, like others have said, We can't speak for everyone.... but for me. I desire commitment. Now that doesn't mean I expect a ring on my finger anytime soon... it means I want to know I don't have to worry about my boyfriend, up and leaving me one day out of the blue. I want him to be as serious as I am. I want communication. If something is wrong, I want to talk about it. Not give up and be done with everything. And I want love. As a best friend and a lover.

And so far I have them all. And I'm a very happy girl.

I desire a hot british man or a scottish one, I wont be picky :P But Yea I want a little flat in england and I want to wake up every morning and go to different planets and practice magic, and watch tv :) Yay for Harry Potter and Doctor who reference in one post :P

Women want the same thing men want:

1. Money

2. Control

3. To see people they hate suffer.

4. Prestige

5. Chocolate.

Other stuff gets more specific to each woman, but these things are universals, and they are also the primary motivations for people.

Women want the same thing men want:

1. Money

2. Control

3. To see people they hate suffer.

4. Prestige

5. Chocolate.

Other stuff gets more specific to each woman, but these things are universals, and they are also the primary motivations for people.

Uhmmm I don't care for control and I don't want the people I hate to suffer :/ I do love chocolate though :) But still you shouldn't say they are universal because you never know what people think :)

Go back to class and shrug your shoulders at him. Women are not a robotic hive mind and human desires in general are neither set in stone or easy to pin down in the first place. It's all fickleness and subjectivity so the only legitimate answer is a shrug.

• Brohoof 3

Uhmmm I don't care for control and I don't want the people I hate to suffer :/ I do love chocolate though smile.png But still you shouldn't say they are universal because you never know what people think smile.png

I judge people by their behavior, not their words. From my experience and everything I've seen in media, books, etc. I gather that these are universals. Of course, no one would say they want this, and they probably do not even acknowledge it, but this motivation is clear from behavior.

I judge people by their behavior, not their words. From my experience and everything I've seen in media, books, etc. I gather that these are universals. Of course, no one would say they want this, and they probably do not even acknowledge it, but this motivation is clear from behavior.

I'm sorry but it just can't be, love thy enemies, I don't want anyone to get hurt and if I could choose I'd rather have someone set up my whole life and not have any control over it, I don't care for control and I know that I would never want anyone I hate to get hurt, I'd feel really bad if they did.

I'm sorry but it just can't be, love thy enemies, I don't want anyone to get hurt and if I could choose I'd rather have someone set up my whole life and not have any control over it, I don't care for control and I know that I would never want anyone I hate to get hurt, I'd feel really bad if they did.

Maybe, maybe not. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, so I could never be sure either way. You do seem quite nice. Anyway, this is probably me being psychotic like always.

Maybe, maybe not. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, so I could never be sure either way. You do seem quite nice. Anyway, this is probably me being psychotic like always.

Oh well I don't think you are psychotic at all :) I just don't see how certain things can be universal it just doesn't make sense I mean it's like ponies, everyone likes different ponies and there will always be group that like the same ones :) so

Oooh, Canterbury Tales, I remember those. Quite well, in fact.

Tell your teacher this: 

“Wommen desiren to have sovereyntee

As wel over hir housbond as hir love,

And for to been in maistrie hym above.”

And yes, that's the original text.

I wanted to say that! God, this brings back memories of my HS english classes. I even got to make a video of the manciple's tale. Ah... nostalgia.

• Brohoof 1