Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Spike Twilight's pet?

Grumpy Enchantress

I do not think Spike is Twilight's pet. She did send him off onto a royal business trip in one of the season 1 episodes. Also the real line between Twilight and Spike is very blurred beyond recognition you could argue that Spike is technically her pet, slave, brother, or in some cases, her child.

Yeah but, Spike is slow and needs to ride Twilight in order to keep up with her. She'd probably never let him ride her otherwise.

Okay,

Lets straight up ask the in show question.

Do you think they'll have spike address twilight as mom?

On episode.  Cause if the answer is no,

technically we can't tell you your wrong. (well they can't, I'm evil I can do it non stop LOL).

observe ^^.

For every answer i give you like "If spike died they'd have a funeral"

you could fire back

"pffff pinkie would have a funeral for gummy."

To which i would say "yeah but that's pinkie."

Do any of the main six have the skills to treat philies, or baby dragons (as flutter shy called him, a baby dragon!, bears repeating)

any different from a pet?

I mean yes there's dragon shy to show how flutter shy would handle kids different from pets,

but i'm not sure the rest would really know the difference.

I'm gonna say something that might force some people to think but,

Does rainbow feel all that different about scootaloe than she does tank?

I mean rainbow might feel their there to make her feel more cool.

I imagine rarity would treat a baby with less regard than Opal (she gives that cat alot of lee way).

Um i've not sat through pinkie baby sitting the cake kids lol.  it's on my to don't list.

But until we know how the main six treat pets from say children we really can't say.  Or rather twilight.

Well then, I guess the entire universe were once a slave to their parents......*facepalm*

You guys are over analyzing this, hes an assistant, an adopted brother, an annoying neighbor but not a pet

• Brohoof 1

Well then, I guess the entire universe were once a slave to their parents......*facepalm*

You guys are over analyzing this, hes an assistant, an adopted brother, an annoying neighbor but not a pet

they had that show already.

it was called operation kids next store.  I think calling spike a pet is under analyzing.  It's a knee jerk reaction if the bear minimal of thought is put into it. 

you know it just occurred to me.

Did twilight teach spike to speak?

I mean even for a super genius like twilight that's a huge thing for a little kid.

Yeah but, Spike is slow and needs to ride Twilight in order to keep up with her. She'd probably never let him ride her otherwise.

Seriously though your a troll man, you frikin created the thread about applejacks parent dieing because you wanted a sad episode.

Spike not a pet because he can make decisions for himself, hell he even left Twilight twice in Spike at your Service and Dragon Quest and she didn't make a big deal out of losing spike as a servent their 

(edited)

Seriously though your a troll man, you frikin created the thread about applejacks parent dieing because you wanted a sad episode.

Yeah, I think it'd work for the show to have a sad episode. If I was a troll I'd say I want it because it'd be funny or something. A mod already locked that thread but, I received no warning points from it so can the troll accusations stop until I actually do something troll-like? (Which I won't do sine I'm not a troll.) sleep.png  

Spike not a pet because he can make decisions for himself, hell he even left Twilight twice in Spike at your Service and Dragon Quest and she didn't make a big deal out of losing spike as a servent their 

Yeah but, Twilight wasn't paying attention to what he was saying in Spike at your Service and in Dragon Quest she only pretended to support him and ended up going to stop him. tongue.png

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress

In Equestria Girls? Yes.

In the regular show? No, not really.

In the show, Spike is more of an assistant to Twilight rather than a pet. It's also safe to assume that Spike thinks of Twilight as a friend, mother, and a possible sister. 

• Brohoof 1

In Equestria Girls? Yes.

In the regular show? No, not really.

In the show, Spike is more of an assistant to Twilight rather than a pet. It's also safe to assume that Spike thinks of Twilight as a friend, mother, and a possible sister. 

Equestria Girls is canon, though so, if it was in that movie it's canon to the show. Meaning that Spike is Twilight's pet in the show too. smile.png Also, it doesn't matter how Spike thinks of Twilight if he's wrong. tongue.png

Equestria Girls is canon, though so, if it was in that movie it's canon to the show. Meaning that Spike is Twilight's pet in the show too. img-1990321-1-smile.png Also, it doesn't matter how Spike thinks of Twilight if he's wrong. img-1990321-2-tongue.png

your being cheeky.

If you wanna do the pet thing I could insist Celestial in a principle in addition to a princess.

see what i did there?

I could also insist the main cast is in their teens ( generally think that already cause they kinda act immature).

so forth and so on.

your being cheeky.

If you wanna do the pet thing I could insist Celestial in a principle in addition to a princess.

Spike was a pet in the pony world too. :)

I could also insist the main cast is in their teens ( generally think that already cause they kinda act immature).

so forth and so on.

If they're not teenagers than is Twilight a pedophile for dating Flash or something? wacko.png I say they are teens. happy.png

Celestial was twilights teacher in the pony world as well.

Admit to be celestial is a principle. ^ ~.

Spike was a pet in the pony world too. smile.png

If they're not teenagers than is Twilight a pedophile for dating Flash or something? img-1990494-1-wacko.png I say they are teens. img-1990494-2-happy.png

I always thought the main group was teenagers.  And maybe twilight is getting her shota on.

Gah i hope the friend ship is witch craft people didn't hear that,

LOOK WHAT YOU DID!

Spike can't be Twilight's pet.  He can care for himself in a way that all the other pets can't.  Plus, he's on the same conscious level as his pony friends.  In terms of intelligence, he's able to make decisions for himself and suggest ideas to others.  HOWEVER, he is a baby dragon, and has a lot of maturing to do (see Spike at your Service).  He can't always make practical and rational decisions because is pretty much on par with the CMC in terms of life experiance.  Mind you, he's a different species all together and thus the way of a dragon physical and mental maturity is vastly different from equines in Equestria and thus we can't really compare him fully to ponies.  In terms of his relationship with Twilight, in a practical (and canon way) Twilight is technically his foster mother, since she made him hatch and all.  However, they have more of a little brother/big sister relationship in terms of how they interact and such. 

Nope. mellow.png Spike's Twilight's assistant at worst and more than likely a very close friend if not an adopted little brother to Twilight. Some of the bigger reasons for this? He's given a very important role to deliver letters to Twilight from Celestia that is a high responsibility task. I guess if you wanted to you could group Spike's social status as a slave if you compare him to the cows and sheep that are rounded up and denied their fair say *cough racism cough.* But we're talking about Spike's context and relation to Twilight specifically and yes though he has quite a few "dog" moments and plenty of abuse from her he's had much larger roles that you would expect from a Mane 6 sentient being:

1. Twilight let Spike make the decision to go out on his own on the Dragon Migration in Dragon Quest.

2. He frequently handles currency like gems and bits, something you would NEVER see from a pet.

3. He engages with other sentient characters as an equal.

4. Twilight frequently entrusts Spike to look after the whole Golden Oaks library when she's gone. No not just stand guard like a watchdog, but also do all the tedious chores and supply checks you would expect.

5. Oh and Twilight entrusted Spike to help save the Crystal Empire when she needed help. That's more than can be said of any pet.

Also as much as this may seem adorable I never hope to see this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5yqd3JFvY

Not only is it flat out insulting to the character, but in the context of his romance with Rarity, its just WRONG. There's a lot of undertones for zoophilia here.

I think Spike has more than proven he's an equal to Twilight as a person, and not some pet that needs to be paraded around on a leash and ordered to do tricks. The show in turn should really develop Spike more as a person as they did in the Crystal Empire and maybe even bring back some dragons. Spike's a fierce dragon with the heart of a pony, not some show dog that follows Twilight around and needs to be taken care of. unsure.png

Spike seems to like following orders as revealed in Spike at your Service. So I wouldn't say that he doesn't have his own life and is just a mindless pet. I would however, love to see Spike order around Twilight for once.

Spike seems to like following orders as revealed in Spike at your Service. So I wouldn't say that he doesn't have his own life and is just a mindless pet. I would however, love to see Spike order around Twilight for once.

okay you've peaked my interest.  but how?  I like what your selling but how do we get from point a-b.

I've always thought of him as a little brother/friend/assistant rather than a pet. I mean, he's easily the best pet of the mane 6 if he is a pet. I mean he's a friggen' dragon for one, and he can write directly to Princess Celestia...oh yeah, and he can talk. Let's see Winona talk.