Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Opinion on Youtube's newest feature on the comment section

Skeleton Kin

right recently if you're a common YouTube user then you would of noticed the new YouTube comment layout

personally I think its YouTube's biggest fuck up since removing video responses and will remain that way for a long time

so, what is your thought on the change?

I think they should leave Youtube in someone else's hands....I really miss the old YT. I miss the lay outs, I miss the pure awesomeness. Now it's like an online democracy filled with pure default crap. We want the old YT back, is that too much to ask?
They should've left it alone in the first place.

**** you Google+. Just **** you. KUbAnTY.png

Edited by weirdokitterz
  • Brohoof 7

I really think Google needs to go. They have been doing nothing but screwing up the site. Youtube had potential to be something great, but Google decided to stick their grubby hands where they didn't belong and now Youtube is getting worse and worse as time goes by. The part that really disturbs me is that it will only get worse. Google doesn't care what we think.

• Brohoof 3

i hate it why does everything have to be integrated with google plus its so pointless i took google plus of my channel but now i have to put it on just to comment its bucking bull

It's called being desperate. No body wanted anything to do with Google +, so I guess they got drunk on power while riding their high horses one day and just thought, "Hey, how about we buy YT and force people into getting Google + accounts and be complete douchebags HUEHUEHEUHE."angry.png 

In case you haven't noticed, I am really unhappy with the changes.blush.png

Edited by weirdokitterz
  • Brohoof 2

I hate it. And most of it is googles fault. Now i have to connection my account just to comment! I miss my old channel lay out, i miss video responses, and i miss the old comments! And plus, the youtube awards were TERRIBLE

• Brohoof 1

Like just about everyone else, I don't like it. I mean, I don't particularly care about leaving comments on videos in general, but the layout's just unappealing and I kinda miss the top comments section (yes, I do like to read the funny comments relevant to the video that come once in a blue moon).

• Brohoof 2

I hate it. And most of it is googles fault. Now i have to connection my account just to comment! I miss my old channel lay out, i miss video responses, and i miss the old comments! And plus, the youtube awards were TERRIBLE

yea i didn't see a single youtuber win the youtube music awards just musicians who have a vevo channel it pisses me of its became one of the best things to the worst possible thing 

• Brohoof 1

There comments that are under a video. How do you mess that up? It's probably the simplest thing that you can't possibly mess up. But leave it too Google too find a way. 

I wish Jawed, Chris, and Steve didn't sell YT. Once a company gets a popular site it starts going downhill ever since that whole Viacom thing... It's just a matter of time until everyone moves too a different video sharing site I wonder nobody has done it yet. 

Yeah, the commenting mechanic is complete bull, and it seems to be turning Youtube into Twitter, kinda.

I originally deleted my connection to Google+ so I could get to my Youtube inbox a little easier, but the notification to change kept coming up... No one wants G+!

YouTube was originally a site meant for independent content producers, and due to its success, Google thought it was easy money to take it and forcefully try to use it to promote their rubbish Facebook alternative. Even if they make it so Google+ is required to do anything, we're all going to be in it for nothing but YouTube.

A petition on change.org even started asking them to revert the comment layout, and I apparently heard that Google has been suspending any YouTube account that shares it. If that's true, they're just plain evil.

YouTube was originally a site meant for independent content producers, and due to its success, Google thought it was easy money to take it and forcefully try to use it to promote their rubbish Facebook alternative. Even if they make it so Google+ is required to do anything, we're all going to be in it for nothing but YouTube.

A petition on change.org even started asking them to revert the comment layout, and I apparently heard that Google has been suspending any YouTube account that shares it. If that's true, they're just plain evil.

buck google removing accounts because no one gives a sh*t about their sh*tty social networking google can go to bucking hell

My opinion.

IT'S BULLSHIT!!!

I'm not into social networking, and Google+ is no exception. For several months, YouTube has been pestering me to change my handle and connect my Google+ (which I don't use anymore due to its convoluted layout and lack of privacy), and each time, I reject it. I don't appreciate being forced to connect my real life with my online life, especially the concept of putting my real name out there. Now YouTube is MANDATING me to go ahead and support such a bogus system that I want no business of. As a result, I can't comment (whether it's on someone else's videos or my own) or like a comment.

However, it gets much worse. This post offsite is why I hate this change entirely. (The thread has foul, angry language.) :angry:

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Thanks to these changes made by the assholes over at Google, my trolling days are officially over!

The Führer does not take kindly to these changes!

Edited by Master of Antics
  • Brohoof 2

I think it's terrible. Ever since Google bought out YouTube, every layout design makes the previous one look better. Didn't effect me that much since I already had a google + account but I know it does a lot of people

also they're saying that this will help cut down on trolling and spam if anything this is causing more. I have seen so much spam already that people could easily troll that way or link you to a site that gives you a virus

Other notes is that I think Google wants YouTube to be like Facebook. It's a video hosting site not a social networking site. I mean seriously look at the comments layout and tell me that does not look similar to the Facebook comment layout. I mean you can even put freaking hash tags and tag people. What's next, YouTube relationship statuses?

• Brohoof 1

GoogleTube has been known for ignoring almost every single piece of feedback and always brushed it off. I've been roaming their feedback forums ever since 2011 and they never acknowledge a single piece of feedback. Right now it's a complete mess there. People have even been threatening to kill the staff members because of how much they hate it. 

I think the new layout is just downright horrible. Anyone who hates it just as much as I do please sign this petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/google-inc-allow-youtube-comments-to-reply-without-google#

It's bad enough that some people have to have Google+ accounts to access Youtube, but that they constantly change Youtube's layout even when it is not needed. Youtube played the trolling card to mess with us, the thing is the layout was fine before when we had the old Youtube instead they are not consistent on picking a layout.

I can feel the anger of so many YouTube users about this sort of thing and I agree on it mostly. Google+ could reconsider on the feedback it was given after some time has passed.

The only thing I find good about it is to stop flame wars in some YouTube videos I watch nowadays. But that's my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Since I already had my YouTube account linked with Google + I know how you can get to your inbox. Just click on the drop down click on video manager then you'll see inbox as one of the options

That's the thing, though. Getting to the inbox without Google+ was a lot smoother and simpler. It separated everything into sections like they needed to be, unlike G+. (I've used both versions.)

• Brohoof 1

That's the thing, though. Getting to the inbox without Google+ was a lot smoother and simpler. It separated everything into sections like they needed to be, unlike G+. (I've used both versions.)

i agree with that. When I did link the two up I regretted it since i couldn't find my inbox. It actually took me a while to actually find it.

• Brohoof 1

I have used YouTube since the glory days of 2006, just weeks after Google bought it (my mistake - I thought it was on 11/30, I joined 11/28) and have seen YouTube descend from something great into another advertising platform for Google, and now they've done this. I, like many other YouTube users, have no desire to use Google+, and now that I'm being forced to use it just to use YouTube as it was intended to be used is not only fair, but immoral. A business shouldn't need to force something upon people to get them to use it. Then there's the fact that Google is banning users who urge people to sign a Change.org petition to make them reverse the integration of Google+ into YouTube... that just makes the situation a whole lot worse and gives even more proof that Google doesn't value its own corporate motto, "Don't be evil."

I'm really, really disappointed Google, and I refuse to post any further comments on YouTube until you reverse this change. gg no re.