Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

Princess?

Yes, Twilight?

I-isn’t there anything we can do?” the newly crowned alicorn princess whispered in worry.

No, Twilight.  Not at the moment,” the sun princess and ruler of Equestria replied quietly.

But---

My sister…she…this is the third time she has done this.  I’m not sure what I could do with her at this point.  I have seen no changes in the length of the night, have you?

No, Princess.

Thank you for raising the moon for me, Twilight.  Until…Nightmare Moon does anything that could help us find her, there is nothing that we can do.

But what about Discord?

Discord…his statue had disappeared without warning.  I haven’t noticed any disturbances though.

I haven’t either, Princess.  What about the changeling queen?  And King Sombra?

We haven’t heard from the changeling queen since the wedding.  King Sombra was defeated.  We do not know where any of them could be.  Though I’m sure that we can handle them if they were to come back.

As long as they aren’t working together.

Princess Celestia laughed.  “I’m sure their egos are too big for that, Twilight.

Princess Twilight Sparkle smiled, relieved.

It’s funny how the wisest and most knowledgeable of ponies can be the most ignorant…

It’s also a bit funny how a simple feeling can drive four ponies to the most dangerous place in all of Equestria where they would meet their destiny.

I welcome you then, to your destinies.

;;RPCode

;;Character - Moon Princess - Nightmare Moon - Miss Reaper - post-9999-0-66742900-1383870706_thumb.png

;;Character - Spirit of Chaos - Discord -  Cinderscribe - post-9999-0-72955400-1383870691_thumb.png

;;Character - Changeling Queen - Chrysalis - darklord260 - post-9999-0-43058900-1383870676_thumb.png

;;Character - Ruler of Shadows - King Sombra - Midnight-Infernopost-9999-0-01078200-1383870724_thumb.png

;;Character - Nightmare’s Pony - Shadow Flare - Blissful Chaos

;;Character - Dizzy’s Pony - Chamois Vine - Feather Gempost-9999-0-56243800-1383870599_thumb.png

;;Character - Chryssie’s Pony - Gloomfury - Gloomfurypost-9999-0-00819400-1383870635.jpg

;;Character - Sombra’s Pony - Blacklight - Blacklight01post-9999-0-60917000-1388251656_thumb.jpg

;;ExtraLink - OOC and Chat

Edited by Feather Gem

Fading in from the shadows of the mountain cave, from his dark sanctuary, a simple, pitch dark mist moving towards a light blue crystal that lay at the center at no more than the pace of a low speed trot; then slowly but surely the darkness formed into the abnormally large, armoured and tyrannical unicorn known as King Sombra. His heavy silver armour showed no sign of slowing him down as he quickened his pace and when he was close enough, he did nothing more than stop and look down at the crystal shard, it hurt his eyes to see such beauty, however; the more innocent it is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt.

Levitating the shard that lay before him up to eye level, he just stared at it for what seemed like minutes; and then he grinned and using his corruption magic, infused the crystal with the very core of his hate; ending in the blue crystals fate in which it eventually started to darken, more and more until there was not a hint of what it used to be. "I know you others are here for the same reason I am, so why not speak your minds?" asked Sombra, still holding the corrupted shard with his magic.

Edited by Midnight-Inferno

The only smart pony in the entire mountain was already at the table, fumbling her hooves around like a bored foal watching a documentary about birds. It irritated her. She was supposed to be ruling her kingdom, keeping hold of her children and helping them live. But instead? She was stuck here. All because of that wretched one and her over-obsession with love and magic! It made sense for herself; she needed it as supplement. All Cadence done was use it to help ponies. And apparently, it was also what stopped the living ball of black goo aswell! Of course she couldn't show this anger off. Sign of weakness. She would just.... Bottle it up.

"Are we going to continue to stare awkwardly or will we think of something for a change?" Chrysalis finally said, a hint of contempt lingering on her tounge.

Chamois Vine stood before the dense forest, her gray-blue hat atop her head as always and her matching saddle bag that doubled as an art file slung across her back.  She stared up at the tall trees, not quite knowing whether or not she should go any further.

It had started out as a normal morning.  She got up, ate breakfast, and tried to finish a sketch she had started the previous evening.  As she had been sketching, she had suddenly gotten a strange feeling deep down inside her, one that whispered to her to go, to get out.  Without quite knowing why, she packed up her bag and made her way out of her home in Ponyville and began to walk.

She followed the feeling in her gut and finally, she had ended up in front of this forest.

At this point, she didn't know if she should continue following this strange feeling.  It suddenly seemed like a rather dangerous thing to do now that she had been led to this forest with who knows what lying inside.

"Come now 'Chrissy! There is more than plenty of time for plotting and... whatever it is that you insects do... Cup of tea?"

Deciding that they had gone long enough without some kind if chaos - the Draconequus grinned widely and faded from sight.

With a loud popping sound a gaudy teapot appeared on the table before the changeling queen. The eyes ruined the disguise somewhat.

"Always so rushed wanting to be doing something right now - patience my dear: good things come to those who wait!" In a cloud of dispersing liquid as its contents remained where they were, the teapot vanished from sight - replaced by the true form of Discord lounging lazily next to Sombra - complete with sunglasses and deckchair. He yawned and stretched out leisurely.

"Although..." He muttered to the Unicorn next to him - loud enough for the rest of the room to hear him clearly. "I suppose that only having a limited number of years does tend to give one a rather... rushed point of view. Wouldn't you agree? I do think so..."

Demence heard the voice. He was used to voices, arguing, talking, whispering in his head. But this voice was different. It was beckoning him, leading him deeper and deeper into the evil forest. The thought of what lied ahead was intriguing, the zebra couldn't ignore that. What could it possibly be, hiding deep in the depths of Everfree. Power. Whatever it was, it was powerful. And Demence wanted all the power he could find.

Goomfury was in a bar in Detrot. On his second glass of Whiskey he started to get a weird feeling. He didn't know what it was, then he started to hear a small voice that told him something, but he couldn't hear it to good. He then got up and payed for his drink and made hi say to the train station. After a long ride, he reaches the place he felt he was meant to go. He makes his way out of the station and to to the dark forest until he reaches the edge of it. He stops and looks up to the mountain. "...Why did I come here?"

@,

The king dropped the crystal and turned to face the Draconequus with a scowl plastered on his face, "You make it sound as though you have never died or lost anything." he turned and started trotting to the table, still speaking.  "What we need to do is to band together, with the powers we all hold Equestria would be in our grasp; the sun would die, chaos would reign free...and those putrid sisters would be gone."  Sombra glanced at the others and said, "As we sit here, Equestria becomes empowered, building military and other fighting forces, we need to grow our forces without them knowing...who's with me?" he sat in a chair, waiting for responses.  

Fire sharp looked upon the massive mountain in front of her. It's peak adorning way above, and the base a forest where Fire now stood. She was only in her military uniform jacket, something she wore all the time. It was better than a saddle bag, holding so many pockets yet still looked stream line when they were all full. The ponies who made the uniform knew how it was out in the battlefield, you can't always carry saddlebags when you go to war. 

But Fire was slightly confused, why was she here? Last she remembered clearly she was back at base doing some reading, everything else was slightly blurry, she couldn't remember it all that clearly. 

Maybe it would come back to her, it wasn't the first time stuff like that happened. 

But well, Fire sharp had no idea where she was, and how she got there. But she had a pretty strong feeling it was something to do with the mountain in front of her. 

With a pout and a cloud of brightly coloured smoke, the chair and glasses vanished from sight - leaving Discord reclining on thin air and flicking through a non-existent book: which he promptly closed with an audible snap and tossed over his shoulder with a splash.

"You never were any fun... Fine! I didn't have anything better to do anyway." The reality warped chuckled as he continued to lounge, pulling out a pocket watch from nowhere in particular and checking it with a bored look.

"Always so serious: both of you!" He continued to ramble on - mostly to himself. "At least Luna enjoys what she does. Well... perhaps not the whole stranded-on-the-moon-for-a-thousand-years-by-her-dearest-sister fiasco but as a general rule..."

@,

Chrysalis didn't smile or nod her head or anything; rather she gave a smug grin. "And I suppose you have a plan? or do you just want to lose to another baby dragon? Because that sounds like a better plan than to agree with you." She leaned back in her chair, her smile broadening.

@

Sombra looked into the eyes of the queen with fury, small trails of a dark purple smoke flowing from his eyes and off to the side.  His once white scleras turning a bright green as he pushed himself up onto the table and started slowly trotting towards the insect.  "And so i'm suppose to think that you have a better, more devious plan?" his voice was low and menacing, with concern hidden inside somewhere, "Fear is my domain, and I can already see yours; a life with out love, your entire 'hive' is dead, and as you start to take your final breath, you realize your malnutrition of love would never be replenished.  You fear death and failure."  

As he kept on ranting, he started to feel something outside of the forest, a presence-no the presence of four, he started to calm down a little but at the same time get more and more malicious by the second.  He looked away from the queen, there was no use arguing over trivial manners; there was work to do.  

Edited by Midnight-Inferno

Nightmare Moon unfurled her large wings partway, flicking them gently and allowing the sleek black feathers to settle perfectly into place before she folded her wings upon her sides. As she was mildly annoyed, she could feel the nearby shadows rise and fall ever so slightly with the motion. The darkness... it was comforting and alluring all at once. That hardly made it any easier to accept with whom she was currently in the room with, especially as their conversation went on without her input for some time.

Speaking against Discord and somewhat in agreement with Sombra and Chrysalis, the dark alicorn said, "Well, while timing is certainly important, we shouldn't be sitting here doing nothing. Planning is key in any grand scheme." When she heard what Sombra had to say next, however, she turned on him. "Pardon me? Have you forgotten that you are in the presence of one of the so-called putrid sisters? My elder sister and her accomplices are the ones responsible for our plight, not I!"

Aside from her words, she restrained from showing any outward sign of impatience or annoyance; she had to keep at least a little of her grace. And either way, the training she once had as a princess to keep one's emotions under control still lingered somewhat, somewhere in her subconsciousness, whether she wanted it to or not. All the while, however, she was still acutely aware of the shadows and darkness in the immediate area, and how she could easily manipulate it with little concentration.

The vertical pupils in her bright turquoise eyes narrowed almost into a thin line when Discord mentioned her banishment to the moon. But this time, she restrained herself from any more verbal outbursts for the moment, determined to not let herself fall to the bickering that had seemed to overtaken the group. It was a mostly futile task, though; she and the others were so vastly different, in spite of their one common goal.

Chamois glanced around the edge of the forest, seeking help despite that she would never accept it if she did find it.  She then turned back to the forest and took a small step forward.  Her hoof was placed directly on a dead, brown leaf, making that satisfying crunch sound that Chamois couldn't help but enjoy.  But at this moment, all it did was make her jerk back.

Now she was upset with herself.  She was such a coward.  She could not let this fear stand in the way.  With more determination, Chamois went towards the forest.

@,

The queen stopped trying to argue, and leaned back in her chair; mumbling a short curse under her breath. He had a fair point, she would probably be dead within a week. The best she could do was hope that by some miracle, a couple would just come along and pour their hearts out right in front of the mountain. But that was never going to happen, so she would just have to stick with these 3 idiots.

Worked for her.

@@Feather Gem,

Gloomfury that that while we was here he might as well head towards the mountain. He takes his first steps into the forest and felt like something was making him go closer to the mountain, but he didn't know what. Half way in the forest he hears someone walk not too far from him. He looks over to where he heard the sound and sees a mare heading the same why he is. 'I thought I was the only one here.' He heads towards the mare. "Afternoon, I thought I was the only one out here, but I guess not."

@@Gloomfury,

Chamois gave a tiny squeak of surprise.  One of her weakness was squeaking when surprised.  She absolutely hated it.  Chamois looked over her shoulder to see the pony with the black mane that had addressed her.  She paused for a moment to look him over.  The scar on his face didn't do well for her and she narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him.

"I had thought the same," she said.

@@Feather Gem,

"Aye. I don't know why but for some reason I felt like I was drawn here. It's weird cause I've never been to this part of Equestria before." He looks around a bit  then looks back up to the mountain he stares at it for a bit then blinks. "Oh sorry, I spaced out for a sec." He holds out a hoof. "I'm Gloomfury, and sorry I spooked ya."

@@Gloomfury,

Chamois pursed her lips together.  If he was telling her the truth, then he had come to this forest for the very same reason she had.  She very much doubted that it could just be a coincidence either.  She didn't believe in chance.  Now though, she was a bit frightened by what was happening.

Chamois took his outstretched hoof.  "I'm Chamois Vine," she said.  "It's fine.  I wasn't paying enough attention."  This was all she said.

@@Feather Gem,

Gloomfury shakes her hoof and then lets go. "Aye, I know what you mean. For some reason my mind feel kinda fuzzy. Like I can't think too straight. Plus I got a feeling that we ain't the only two out here." He looks around.again and he sniffs the air. "I can smell a lot of magic in the air. And there's a sent that's not too far from us."

((@, That would be you.))

((Thank you))

Fire Sharp wasn't far into the forest, she could still barely see the outside of it. Though she was dedicated now to find what that pull was, and why she got here. 

The how wasn't too hard to figure out, she had felt more tired than usual, and in her legs no doubt. She must have walked the entire way here from canterlot, though a missing officer would have been reported, and people would have reported her walking about. She was still in her military uniform, so she must have taken shortcuts and back water roads. 

But right now, she was using her magic to move some vines that couldn't be avoided. And she didn't want to accidently get herself poisoned or anything like that. 

But when she finally got past the vines and logs that had fallen in her path, she saw two other ponies there. 

@@Gloomfury,@@Feather Gem,  

@@Gloomfury, @,

Chamois stepped back when Gloomfury sniffed at the air.  Gee, this is great.  Can it get any better? she thought to herself.  Chamois's ear gave a tiny, involuntary twitch as she heard quiet hoofsteps and the slight rustle of branches and bushes.  She turned to see another pony had appeared.  It got better.

Chamois begun to sigh when she noticed a white figure through the trees.  She raised her head.  "Well then.  I see that there are four of us," she said, gesturing over to the zebra quite a few feet away.  She said the word us as if it were a dirty word that shouldn't be spoken in public.  But she did say it.

@@aRegularPony,

@@Feather Gem,@, ((You're welcome)) @@aRegularPony

Gloomfury terns his head where Chamois was looking and notices the white pony a bit way from them. "I guess there is." But his attention goes back to the unicorn mare he sniffed out earlier. "Evening lass, looks like we ain't the only ones who were drawn here for some reason."

Demence turned to find three ponies behind him. One, Apparently his presence had made him 'one of them'. Did they hear them too? The voices? Were they there for whatever was calling him? They had to have a reason for being here. And he highly doubted they were just going for a stroll.

Edited by aRegularPony

@, @@aRegularPony, @@Gloomfury,

After a moment, Chamois sighed.  "Well, I'm moving on," she said. 

She never said that they could follow her, and never said that they couldn't.  She simply started to trot away, following the strange feeling towards a mountain looming in the distance.  This could take a while.  She sometimes wished that she were a pegasus so that she could get around faster.

(we better speed this up so that those antagonists of ours don't abandon us completely.  Cx)