Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

@@Feather Gem@@aRegularPony,@@Gloomfury,

Fire looked at the all the different ponies that were with her, one of them walking towards the mountain. The other two were stallions, though not one of them were a pegasus. Fire was trained to pick up on these kind of things, and surely a pegasus wouldn't walk to a mountain, they would fly now wouldn't they? 

Fire thought about it for a second, there only seemed to be just three other ponies, and neither of them were a pegasus. And it wasn't like they all got here by their own will either. The earth stallion did say that they were drawn here. But then, Fire felt slightly weird again, as though it was fogging up. She shook her head to clear it and then it did, though she thought that strange. And the fact that it was still there slightly. 

But Fire looked at the earth pony and the zebra, hoping to silently get eye contact and telling them that way that she was going to follow the other mare. She didn't feel the need to speak, it didn't feel right here. 

Discord yawned theatrically and appeared standing upright on the ground - this was going nowhere quickly, even Luna was no fun anymore and she had been the most entertaining of the three. The seeds had been down and the bickering had started again, but it was too easy to manipulate anger against itself. Not to mention that something was very wrong when Sombra was the closest thing to good humour - this just wouldn't do at all.

The trickster thought for a moment as he stood over the table with a wry smile on his face: there had to be a way of making them come around to a more entertaining point of view that didn't involve ruining what was left of their minds.

'Or...' He thought silently as his smile slowly widened. '... perhaps I could simply find a pony that is more entertaining to replace them...?'

The pink pony - she would have been perfect had she not been the carrier of one of those damned elements. No, it would have to be someone else. Somepony just a little over the boundary of stability, who he could shape as he needed... and with a distinct appreciation of chaos.

Thankfully, being imprisoned in stone for so long had given him ample time to consider every eventuality: his plan was already in motion - it had been even before they had arrived at the mountain. Soon he would have a new guest with the potential he needed...

He just had to wait for them to draw closer. Good things came to those who waited.

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@Feather Gem,@, @@aRegularPony,

Gloomfury starts walking as well and watches the mare who just showed up who didn't answer him. 'No reason to be rude.' He thought. He just sighs and takes out a pack of cigarettes , puts one in his mouth and lights it with a copper colored  lighter and puts them back in his bag. Then his eyes got to the strange looking zebra ahead. "So, what's your name?" He asks cause he never was a fan of silence.

@, @@Gloomfury, @@aRegularPony,

Chamois looked over her should to see the ponies seemed to be following her.  She turned back away and gave an inaudible sigh.  She continued through the forest, trotting across the grass, dirt, leaves, rocks, and sticks.  She kept going towards the mountain.  It simply felt right.

After a very long time, Chamois found herself at the base of the mountain, breathing slightly raggedly in exhaustion.  She stared up at the top of the mountain, wondering how the heck she was supposed to get up there.  She knew that she had to go up...but...how?

"Well, this is stupid," Chamois said aloud, upset.

@, @@Miss Reaper, @, @,

@,@, @@Miss Reaper, @@Feather Gem,  

The amazing and glorious darklord260 changeling queen was kind of bored in her current position. There were no plans, there were no ideas. She was still starving and they weren't helping her! If only there was...

But there was something. vague, but there. There was another entity. Perhaps multiple but that was hard to tell; what with this already being hard to tell. Looking at the faces of Sombra and princess fru-fru, she wasn't the first to realize.

"You can tell too can't you? that we're not alone?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Gloomfury
"Demence". The zebra didn't even bother making eye contact with whoever was talking to him. He was too interested at the mountain ahead of him. This was what was calling him. And he had found it. Now, the only problem was how to get to the top. Unless there was something inside. Something hidden behind dirt and stone. Demence could only imagine what he would find.

@

Sombra glanced at the queen, she felt it as well, "Yes, the presence of four, good thing that it's not six." he then turned his attention to the Draco lounging around the room, "Can you feel the same thing?"  His voice was curious but still held a firm tone, he had a plan in mind; he wasn't going to reveal it right now for he still had to figure out how everything was going to work.  He trotted away from his position and headed down a narrow flight of stairs, torches lighting the way to his destination with their bright, flickering glow.  It took him a while until he came to a large, solid-steel door and with a flick of magic from his horn the door opened to reveal a chamber that looked ever so slightly like a prison; the room consisting of one chair, a dimly lit lantern dangling from a short chain above the ground and a cage with solid bars mixed with a special magic that he put together.  "This is going to be perfect..."  the dark unicorn said as he strode into the room, shutting the door behind him.

@@Feather Gem,@@Gloomfury, @@aRegularPony,  

Fire was standing a little bit behind the other unicorn, while the zebra was staring at the mountain a little bit to her right, they were all in fact staring at it.

None of them were pegasi, so none could fly up. But Fire looked at the face of the mountain, she knew from experience that mountains held more than what they seemed, she'd been stuck in a mountain once or twice before and knew of the magic they used to hold. 

She studied the rock face, looking for anything that may help. Until she saw something, it looked like a crack in the wall, something you would expect to see on something like that. 

But something was off about it, it was like an illusion or something, Fire's brain was picking up on it and it was reaching the surface. She took a step towards the wall and placed her hoof where the crack was, and half of her hoof tilted as there wasn't anything there. 

A natural illusion! It was something like you would see in mazes and such, it looked solid from most angles but until you touched it or saw it at the right angle you could actually see it. 

"It ain't stupid, you just gotta look for things thats all. See, this crack is really a bit of a gap here."

Fire poked her head in slightly in the gap, and she cold see some sort of natural staircase going up, and some light up near the top.

"Seems to be a bit of a natural stairway, I bet it goes pretty far up this mountain. I reckon about halfway to three quarters. Our way to get to the top."

@,@@aRegularPony, @@Feather Gem,

Gloomfury walks to where the serious looking mare found the gap. He Looks into it as well. "Aye, you're right. Now at least we don't have to climb this bastard of a mountain. Plus it's take lest time." He pulls his head back out the gap and looks at the other ponies."So, who gets to lead? I think I should cause if we run into anything hostile, I'm very good at close quarters combat so I can hold it off while you guys can get out of there."

@,

This information was new to chrysalis. "there are four of them? hmpf." This was new information to her. She must have been weaker than she thought if that smug unicorn could detect all four of them. Or there could be six and he was also flawed. She was really screwed either way.

"Yes... I can sense them," Nightmare Moon murmured. And while she wasn't quite able to discern the individual presences from one another, she knew for certain that their visitors[/color] were not the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony. Having had said Elements used against her twice, she had a certain kind of connection to them - now, the mere presence of the Bearers of the Elements or the Elements themselves struck her with an overwhelmingly uneasy feeling that crept its way down into the deepest parts of her darkened soul.

She didn't know what kinds of ponies were out there, drawing nearer. But she could almost sense that this was meant to be. Four little ponies, maybe more, maybe less, but likely innocent ones all the same. The alicorn briefly flashed her sharp fangs in a smile before she resumed a more neutral expression. She could imagine the shadows, under her control, slipping into their very being, turning what was once pure into something beautifully dark.

Already, she started scheming, thinking of all the ways she could lure one of those four souls into the wonderful, wonderful darkness. Though all the while, she did not reveal what was on her mind. Not yet.

"And I thought that you were never going to catch on." Grinned Discord with a chuckle - leering at the other three as he swept through the room.

"Yes, indeed we do have guests to, ahem, attend to..." He said in a tone that suggested considerably less boredom than previously - it sounded excited even. "... and now I would like to propose... a little game of sorts. It's one you'll enjoy I assure you - yes, even you Sombra!"

Of course, whether they played by the rules or not, they were going to play. He could see it in their eyes: they were planning it themselves, in a roundabout way. Four ponies, four of them - it couldn't have worked out better.

"I must admit that you are all nearly as tedious to be around as that blasted Twilight Sparkle and her little friends, and I find myself in need of more... entertaining company. I'm sorry Luna but its true: your all business now - no fun at all! But I digress, the game is simple: you take a pony, and you twist their little sweet mind into something more agreeable! Doesn't that sound like fun? Come now Chrissy, don't lie: this is your kind of game is it not?"

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@Gloomfury,@@aRegularPony, @@Feather Gem,

Fire looked towards the earth stallion who came up, slightly surprised that his words felt as though he was being noble. Something Fire didn't usually see as much, yeah some ponies were still noble-isk and held up standards, while other were either just normal or just didn't care for the life of them.  

"Sir, if you don't mind. I'm actually an officer of the equestrian military, if anything I should be the one protecting all you folks, it is partly my job anyhow. And as well, the mountain were standing before here is probably known to have dangerous things lurking inside. I know that from experience, as well my magic is a pretty good shield. "

Even though Fire still had only met the ponies she would still protect them, it was engraved in her trained mind and well into her being as well. 

@@@Gloomfury, @@aRegularPony,

Chamois stood there and watched everything play out in complete silence.  She wasn't too thrilled about the idea of going into some strange mountain that a group of four ponies had been mysteriously drawn to.  What were the odds?  No, there was something darker at work here, and she could feel it.

Chamois turned to look up at the sky, narrowing her eyes at the cloudless sky as if to glare at whatever was causing this occurrence even if she was unsure whether if was real or not.

Finally, she sighed quietly and lowered her head back down.  She chose not to enter the conversation that Gloomfury and the unicorn were now having.

@,@@Feather Gem,  @@aRegularPony,

Gloomfury chuckles. "I can tell that you're strong lass. But I'm sure I got more experience then you. I was a military dog myself a while back. And trust me, I don't need protecting. Plus to be frank, the equestrian military don't really train their guards to kill. Mostly to subdue. And I'm sure anything though there might try to kill us.  So I'll just kill them first." He heads inside.

@@Gloomfury,@@Feather Gem, @@aRegularPony,

Fire half snorted, half trapped chuckle, a small enough sound coming from her throat really. The stallion thought she was a guard? Dear Celestia, the others at her base would have laughed their asses off into the nith and the next day, a mare like her a guard, something ridiculous. 

"No we don't train the guards all that well, considering they're just show ponies for the public. I don't think we've properly introduced, I'm Commanding General Fire Sharp of the Special ops; First Edition. Nice to meet an old veteran, I can't exactly retire from my position but its good to see others have a life out of the arms. "

She waited for him to turn around though before she spoke next, 

"And mate, things I've fought can't be killed by just hack and slashing your way through them. Many things that are actually dangerous don't like to fight with their bare hooves, or other things, for the most part anyway. They like to be sneaky and play a couple of games with you before they slice your throat open. And I tell you know, most love the mountains, evil has a thing for natural magic. If you're going first, watch out for the traps so the rest of us don't get trapped by them, I don't want to be hanging from the wall like a trophy."

Edited by rascal61

@, @@Feather Gem, @@aRegularPony

A half smile grows on Gloomfurys face and he dose a light bow. "Pardon me, lass. Glad to meet someone who's earn respect." He gives her a salute." Gloomfury of the first class special unit of the griffin military ground forces. " He puts his hoof down and and gives a sharp tooth grin." A real pleasure to meet ya.  And trust me lass, I've fought my fair shear of scum so don't worry." 

Edited by Gloomfury

@,

The queen thought over it for a while. It did sound fun... Maybe she could. Yeah. Yeah she could! chrysalis grinned ear to ear; before leaning back in her chair and putting her back hooves up.

"Alright Discord. I'll play you're game. But I'm going to choose so I have the best chance of winning."

@Feather Gem@aRegularPony,@@Gloomfury,

"A stallion from the Griffon ground? I would guess that you would have to deal with some scum. Well if you truly want to you can take the lead."

Fire sharp had offered the lead to Gloomfury, really because she wanted to chat with the other two. What were the chances that two other their party would be military, and most probably two civilians? 

Fire turned around to include the other two ponies, the mare inpectictual.

"Mind me asking who you are Ma'am?"

@@aRegularPony, @@Gloomfury, @,

Chamois gave the unicorn mare a nod.  "I'm Chamois Vine," she said.  "Not in any special military.  Just your regular ol' pony following the feeling in her gut despite it leading her to a strange mountain."

As soon as she finished saying this, she realized that she could have simply said her name and left it at that.  She wasn't quite sure whether or not she had been rude, or just annoying.  Either way, she lowered her head slightly.  "And...your name...?"

@,@@Feather Gem,  @@aRegularPony

"We alright then, every one stay in a line. It make it easier to walk in close spaces and and to help is get out faster if we need too." With that Gloomfury took lead though the mountain staircase while keeping his foreleg tens to draw his knife, just in case something dose attack them.

Edited by Gloomfury

Nightmare Moon's ears, which had been folded back in her irritation, instinctively perked as Discord's mention of a 'game' lured her interest. It was something in the draconequus's change in tone when he brought it up; chaos was the one thing that truly amused Discord, and the fact that she suddenly heard excitement in his voice made her curious. And whether she would openly admit it or not, she had a sense that the darkest parts of her soul, that which craved everlasting darkness, would welcome whatever it was that the spirit of chaos itself had in mind.

She listened quietly, bristling internally only for a moment when she and the others were likened to the cursed ponies that inflicted upon each one of beings in the room the utter humiliation of defeat. Her demeanor had remained mostly neutral all this time, excepting a few moments where she expressed what was on her mind... but she smiled when the details of the game were revealed.

"I must admit," she said, "I actually do like the way you think sometimes." Though she said this mostly because her own train of thought had already been on a similar course. She actually let out a soft, brief laugh as she continued, "Indeed, I shall participate in this little game of yours."

@,

Once his business was completed, Sombra faded through the slit under the door, once again in his for of a dark mist sporting his deep red eyes, his crimson tipped horn and his sinister smile.  As he slithered oily up the lit staircase, he over head Discord mentioning a plan to the Queen and the former Princess and as soon as the King reached the top of the stairs his shadows morphed into his pony self; and he had a sadistic smile on his face.  "Well done..." his former highness said, "I agree with this plan or game as you so nicely put it.  It fits with our goal too; twist their minds, reveal their fears or do what ever it takes for those rats to become one of us and fight for us.  Once that quattro converted, we will try to find a way for more power; first Canterlot then ALL OF OF EQUESTRIA!"  

The king laughed like a mad man, his vocals were deep and menacing, this continued for only about 4 seconds and then he took a deep breath and asked, "When do we strike?"

@,

@@Miss Reaper,

@,

"Of course..." Smirked the trickster with a sweeping bow towards the changeling queen.

Things were finally getting interesting again - perhaps these three might prove more entertaining than he had thought. Floating lazily towards the exit to the room they were in, he motioned towards the passage that would head deeper into the mountain - into the labyrinth of tunnels and halls which would eventually allow them to reach any point they desired.

"Shall we?" He said in good humor with a flick of a talon. "We have guests to greet..."

Edited by Cinderscribe

@

Trotting towards the exit of the room, his former highness spoke, "We shall.."  as he exited the room the King continued into a large and long corridor like cavern, lit with hanging lanterns and a few torches that lined the walls, spread out along the walls were tunnels that branched off and would lead them anywhere they wanted.  Turning his head to the floating Draco, he asked "So, this is your plan after all, Discord.  Where do we go from here?"