Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Might not have long to wait" for soundtrack

Senn555

Daniel Ingram posted this on his Twitter earlier today:

"If there were a MLP soundtrack being released for Seasons 1 & 2, you might not have long to wait."

https://twitter.com/dannyimusic/status/398556847843454976

It's about time this materialized - though I'm unsure whether to be excited or not until more details surface. Really hoping it's something the fans will actually want, rather than a hastily-slapped together compilation of just the TV versions of the songs for a quick cash-in for Hasbro.

I also hope it contains a good chunk / highlights of the score by William Anderson and Kristopher Gee.

Excerpt from a post I made here roughly 16 months ago:

Daniel says he does not know anything about Hasbro releasing a soundtrack album for MLP:FiM - or any other TV show / movie he's written songs / music for. He said two different mixes of all of his songs take place in post production - one mix in 5.1 surround that is heard in the final product of the episode, and another mix in stereo that sounds radically different and is meant to be used and heard only in case a soundtrack CD ever materializes. He writes a lot of material that ends up being cut out for the final versions heard in the episodes*, and the mixes made for a possible forthcoming soundtrack album apparently sound far better than their TV counterparts. If a soundtrack CD ever does come out professionally (one that does not slap all of the TV mixes of the songs together as a means of a quick cash-in), not only will a number of songs be heard in full as they were written and intended to be heard by Daniel, but their overall sound will be greatly improved and heard like never before.

*An example of this was the "Piggy Dance" song in season 2, episode 13, "Baby Cakes". It was originally written for the season 1 finale episode but it was cut out due to time constraints.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/26980-senn555s-pony-escapades-and-meetups/

• Brohoof 1