Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Twilight will be treated the same?

lightning_flash

She will most likely be bowed for that I'm certain of but I'm also certain that she won't like that and with time ponies will stop doing it. I think she will pretty much be the same, she'll still be the most powerful uni... One of the most powerful alicorns in Equestria. I don't think everything will be the same but not so different that we won't like it.

I think as we get used to her being a princess and alicorn that we won't see the difference. I like her with wings, well a little I would have prefered that she had pegasi wings not alicorn wings. They're just a bit too big in my opinion, but hey that's just my opinion. I look forward to seeing how things will turn out and how things will be differently if there will be any difference.

So yeah it will be fun and most likely same as we're used to.

I guess like most alicorns she'll probably constantly have wingboner problems, lol. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I don't think her friends will treat her much differently, at least I hope not, but I'm sure other random ponies will bow or treat her like the princess she is; however since she's not used to it, she'll probably try to convince everyone to treat her the same. Definitely going to be a conflict in one of the episodes

• Brohoof 2

I think the writers already said that don't plan to change her role and way she interacts in the show due to all this, which presents a good message abut not letting authority/power go to your head. 

I bet she might feel abit awkward giving orders to Guard Ponies. Her friends would question her decisions if they thought they were bad but would the guardsponies would follow her orders without question unless they were perhaps the rank of captain.

Just one of the many new responsiblities Twilight will have to adjust to.

The script preview already showed Applejack calling her Princess and Twilight saying she didn't have to do that, but we weren't shown Applejack's reply and Applejack is more prone to using nicknames as it is. In addition, the two books made a lot, more than they should have, on how other ponies reacted to her status and her own discomfort from that reaction.

I do expect it to come up and, if done well, her being shown respect isn't an issue. At a certain point, not accepting ponies well intended signs of respect would be an insult to them.

Edited by Nature Spell

For the most part her friends will probably treat her the same but there will be plenty of ponies bowing to her and it is likely she will have to deal with her fair share of flank kissers trying to get in good with her.

Her friends will treat her the same way as before, no need for special treatment. There will be a lot of ponies bowing to her presence, and others who will do anything to get on her good side.

I sure hope not, but she probably will be treated differently.  She's princess now, so I can't really see her just carrying on in Ponyville as she usually does.  That would be weird, too.

Well, considering how the Mane 6 are all HEROES that have saved Equestria on more than one occasion and yet are able to continue living seemingly ordinary lives in Ponyville, I suppose a degree of "normalcy" will be maintained for Princess Twilight also.  :)

The beautiful thing about Ponyville is that it's not Canterlot or Manehatten.  Most ponies there treat each other there the way they want to be treated:  Respectfully but without going over the top.  Considering they already have had six ponies who should be celebrities in their midst for some time now, maybe even an official princess won't change things much more?  :/

• Brohoof 1

I think her friends in Ponyville will treat her the same. I do bet that a couple of the mane six (I'm looking at you, Rainbow and Applejack!) will call her Princess as a form of friendly teasing since Twilight is clearly uncomfortable with the title.

• Brohoof 1

NNNNNNOPE IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!!

Since she's an alicorn she lives forever, right? Which means that eventually her friends will die and be alone. But if thisis true, then that means that Cadence will be lonely when Shining eventually dies. So long story short. NNNNNNope.

I can totally see an episode showing where Twilight lets her new power as a princess go to head, and the other ponies have to bring her down a few notches.

She can't just go on like she did before and ignore the fact that she's a princess, but after an event like that (or something along those lines), Celestia might decide it's best if she just goes back home to be the Mare of Ponyville or something. If that happens, we're pretty much back where we were before she became an alicorn, but with a good excuse and a good hook for future plot lines.

Edited by skylights

Nothing's going to change really. Her friends will treat her the same, and she'll act the same. I can't see her being a princess playing that huge of a role in the show. I can see her wings being more important, because even if she's just casually flying to some random place, she's still doing something she couldn't do before. Also, she has to learn to deal with those wingboners at night. derpy_emoticon2.png

I don't know about this. I think Megan McCarthy tweeted that nothing is going to change for Twilight and I think the idea of change made more people upset than the idea of just giving her wings. 

It probably also screwed up a lot of people's headcanons

Anyway, I don't think that they're going to treat Twilight much differently. Maybe Ponyville citizens will treat her with more respect but I highly doubt they'll make her friends bow to her every time she walks into a room. It would just feel like the producers are showing favoritism and we all know how Lauren felt about having a favorite pony. If you never caught it (I think I saw it in an interview), when she was asked who her favorite pony was, she pretty much said it would be like picking a favorite child and that she had no favorites because she loved them all equally. 

Now sure, Lauren doesn't work on the show anymore, but I'm sure she can still have an influence nonetheless. If only Hasbro wasn't a corporation that cares only about the betterment of its stockholders' portfolios (and yes, it may sound greedy, but it is the nature of business...people don't go into business expecting to incur losses unless it was part of a plan to get greater profits in the long run), then I'm sure Lauren would still be on the team. 

But I'm pretty sure that Twilight will get an overall same treatment. I think one reason (besides Hasbro pushing them to do it) they went for a Twilicorn was because it sort of does afford them some greater flexibility in new stories. And I'm pretty sure they can come up with something that would allow her to get her wings removed. Or maybe she decides she doesn't want to be a princess anymore at the end of Season 4. I don't know. But I don't think the show is going to go to crap just because Twilight is a princess now. 

Good grief...y'all need to get a grip, though. I'm sure the show will be equally good. And if it's not, well it had a pretty good run. I would hope this show could run as long as The Simpsons. But only time will tell if that happens. Just like with if the show stays good with Princess Twilight. Time will tell if that was a good thing. And if it wasn't I'm sure they'll come up with something to take it back. I'm sure we can piss and moan enough to make them make he a unicorn again.

Now Season 4 is only 6 days away. So let's just quit griping about this and see what Twilicorn has to offer!

Well, I think there will be some changes by the way strangers treat her and ponies she knows a bit less treat her. But definitely not her friends. Bonds are stronger than titles :). Also, I can see villains and antagonists taking her a bit more seriously and viewing her as a bigger threat from now on. 

I think they will use the change as a basis for some episodes. I could see other ponies giving Twilight special treatment and her friends feel left out or ignored. But I don't think the actual friendship of the Mane 6 will change, there might be some episodes this season that test that though cause change takes getting used to, and I just can't see them not using the change to write some conflict plots.

• Brohoof 1

Well from the premier episode, she is treated mostly the same by her friends. however they are having some points where they have to adjust and stuff, so i think theres going to be a period of time where they have to adjust to it.

I also think that maybe other ponies may think of her more highly, or come to her for different things.

And obviously the guards now treat her as royalty, so theres that.

But i think it won't be drastically different, especially when her and her friends and everyone else settles into the idea.

Well, her friends have shown that they treat her different, much to Teilight's displeasure. I think they'll probably lighten up about that within the next few episodes. I think the biggest issue Teilight will find is trying to not get ponies who bow to her everytime she enters a room.