Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why must things without pupils be so creepy (new WIP)

lomk

So I'm in the middle of drawing one of my favorite ponies when I got to the eyes. (by the way, whoever guesses who it is based on the drawing gets a FREE COOKIE!)

I've drawn in the eyes.

I have not drawn in the pupils

I got this vibe when I was drawing Fluttershy the other day but I didn't scan her with no pupils. 

I look at this pony and I see a void. Like there's no soul.

I swear it's the creepiest damn thing I've ever seen! laugh.png

post-6322-0-10873200-1383952811_thumb.jpg

Anyway she's still a WIP. I know there are a lot of stray pencil marks and things that need to be cleaned up. I'll have her finished within the next few hours or, at least, by tomorrow. :) She's my third favorite but I don't love her any less than Luna and Fluttershy :)

So if I don't have her posted by later tonight I'll have her up tomorrow when I can get around to finishing her. For now, have fun planning on not sleeping after seeing this creepy thing! laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

It's twilight.

That is the creepiest thing... Why did I have to see that? How every time I draw a pony I will have to draw an eye, then the pupil and move on to the next eye, just so that I never have to see things like that again.

also, this is a really good drawing so far. laugh.png

Edited by CombustibleSoda
  • Brohoof 1

Just kinda FYI, the reason it looks so creepy is called the Uncanny Valley hypothesis. The more human something looks, the easier it is to tell if something isn't right, and it causes things to be well...icky. Kind of a neat theory though.

Anyways, looks good, except you know...the vacant stare.

• Brohoof 1

Well, there is a saying that eyes (pupils work as well) are the windows to the soul, so that may be a reason. I think eyes show the most emotion, and if you don't have eyes; it's impossible to show emotion through them, and emotions are associated with life/souls.

As for the drawing itself; it looks pretty good so far. Good luck with the rest of it! :)

• Brohoof 1

TWIIIIIIILIIIIIIIIIIIGHT and most thing without pupils are creepy but i read HOMESTUCK and when the trolls die their pupils are gone http://breukelenwealth.com/wp-content/uploads/homestuck-trolls-list-488.jpg  http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/281/0/a/homestuck___hivebent_by_dmscv-d30bkj0.jpg  

EDIT:twilight god mode has no pupils

Edited by ~neutral melon-cat~
  • Brohoof 1

There's a similar thing in Minecraft like that called herobrine. Legend has it he hides in the caves near diamonds perhaps just...waiting...

So I shall call it Twibrine :)

Edited by DaFlash