Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Seeking a Song Cover Artist!

Marcato

Hello my friends of many artistic talents! Today I come before you humbled by my lack of a cover image for an upcoming song!

Before I begin I would like to state this: I have rather high standards, and thus I'm not completely against paying an artist for their time-and-effort. (Within reason. There is only so much I can afford as a jobless highschool student.)

I am an orchestral composer, one who strives to provide a story in their pieces. This particular piece that I have been working on for several months now, better translates into an album. This album is called "The Travesty of Nightmare Moon." It revolves around the concept behind Luna's Transformation, and Celestia's struggles with Nightmare Moon.

It is a direct sequel to my previous piece, called "Harmonize."

Harmonize

So, basically the situation is I would rather not use premade art for my piece once more. I have searched and searched and nothing satisfied me. (One reason being I found only images everyone else had already used.) I want something "original" and created specifically for this piece.

I know it is highly unlikely that I'll get any quality art for free, which is why I say I may be willing to pay, however I am making this thread just to see if anyone would bite. (You don't know until you try right?)

I'm looking for someone who can either draw

1. A cover based on what they imagine while listening to the piece (so far completed)
  2. A cover displaying Nightmare Moon and Luna back to back, with Celestia in the middle. (Probably very emotional. Just think movie cover.)

Of course, I am simply the musician. I know little about art, so if you're a very creative and imaginative artist then you'll likely prefer option one. :P

Here is a Preview of the piece:

https://pony.fm/tracks/1660-preview-the-travesty-of-nightmare-moon

And now I will wait nervously. unsure.png

Marcato, I hear you man. I understand your plague, and I know what you're going through. Being jobless must suck, and for this reason, I'll do your album art for free. Man, I already have it done, because Harmonic, Harmonic, man, she delivers.

I hope you like it, please give feedback.

8C1NgyM.png

I'm just glad to be able to help you out.

• 1 month later...

Hello my friends of many artistic talents! Today I come before you humbled by my lack of a cover image for an upcoming song!

Before I begin I would like to state this: I have rather high standards, and thus I'm not completely against paying an artist for their time-and-effort. (Within reason. There is only so much I can afford as a jobless highschool student.)

I am an orchestral composer, one who strives to provide a story in their pieces. This particular piece that I have been working on for several months now, better translates into an album. This album is called "The Travesty of Nightmare Moon." It revolves around the concept behind Luna's Transformation, and Celestia's struggles with Nightmare Moon.

It is a direct sequel to my previous piece, called "Harmonize."

Harmonize

So, basically the situation is I would rather not use premade art for my piece once more. I have searched and searched and nothing satisfied me. (One reason being I found only images everyone else had already used.) I want something "original" and created specifically for this piece.

I know it is highly unlikely that I'll get any quality art for free, which is why I say I may be willing to pay, however I am making this thread just to see if anyone would bite. (You don't know until you try right?)

I'm looking for someone who can either draw

1. A cover based on what they imagine while listening to the piece (so far completed)
  2. A cover displaying Nightmare Moon and Luna back to back, with Celestia in the middle. (Probably very emotional. Just think movie cover.)

Of course, I am simply the musician. I know little about art, so if you're a very creative and imaginative artist then you'll likely prefer option one. :P

Hello, Marcato

I just found this thread and wondered if you are still searching for something.

I'm rather new at this site started drawing only a few weeks ago, but if you like how I draw (just look up my profile) I might give it a shot. (If it is still up to date).

I absolutly love that piece of music btw.

edit: Ok I looked it up on youtube. I guess you have already found your art :)

Edited by Felrora