Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever cried during an episode?

SveciaDash

Nope, never. MLP is just not that sad. Probably the most bittersweet moment that could shed tears was Luna coming back into the world, but never have I come close to shedding a tear. Yep, i'm a party-pooper. :P

Yep, i'm a party-pooper.

No, you're not.  From the comments I've seen here and elsewhere, MLP seems to draw more tears from guys than the gals.  It's one of the oddest things and it seems so counterintuitive. Go figure. 

No, you're not.  From the comments I've seen here and elsewhere, MLP seems to draw more tears from guys than the gals.  It's one of the oddest things and it seems so counterintuitive. Go figure. 

Wow, i'm actually surprised, and I shouldn't be considering the whole brony phenomenon. Were most of you guys actually manly before MLP? Or was that some kinda masking act to hide your emotional femininity? Naw, just kidd'in. tongue.png

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

I've come close during a number of moments in "Magical Mystery Cure", especially the first time I watched it.  "True, True Friend", Celestia's song, Twilight's speech, all real tearjerker moments, though I cannot say that the waterworks ever really got going at any point.  Sometimes if I'm watching a really memorable episode as well I'll get a bit emotional, but not to the point of crying.  I might cry when the show finally ends during the series finale, whenever that is.  Hopefully that's not for quite some time, but who knows?

• Brohoof 2

Not really, but I was kind of getting misty eyed in MAgical Mystery Cure when TWilight got her wings. My eyes were watering when she spread her wings the first time, and I was just thinking about how much she has grown since the begginging. Really beautiful!

25b.jpg

Celestia's Ballad for sure. Doesn't matter how many times I see it, it always gets to me. Same for when Twilight sings I've Got to Find a Way.

Canterlot Wedding part 2, when Shining Armor and Cadence unite to defeat Chrysalis. I'm not sure why, but that brings a tear to my eye alsotongue.png 

Then there's Sleepless in Ponyville. When Dash decides to act as a big sister to Scootaloo, and lets her fly with her. So many tears were shed with that one. 

I have not cried while watching this show (yet), but that does not mean the series has not made me feel strongly. During any scene where any character feels completely abandoned or helpless, my throat knots up. When they achieve great accomplishments that make everyone around them proud, my spine tingles. I guess that's my personal experience.

No, frankly i haven't not even during MLD. I just don't cry very often.

And frankly i kind of feel like a heartless person for it, i like to have feelings and think people should not worry about crying and stuff, yet i really don't cry much. 

I dunno why really. Most of the times i cry are during frustration or embarrassment, not sadness.

So yeah, i haven't cried during an episode, i've felt bad, and i got the closest at the season 3 finale, but i never did. 

The only times I've come close to crying was during Celestia's Ballad and a few parts in Hurricane Fluttershy, but it was more of my eyes watering up.

I usually only cry if I'm angry or laughing too hard, so I'm not really surprised I haven't cried during the show yet.  

Hmm... not yet...but I'm gonna guess it's bound to happen. If there is a theoretical episode of where Twilight and all her friends die (refer to Deus Gear Friendship was Magic), then just go running to my channel because I will be on full rant mode for like 3 months with like 400 videos about it.

I've been known to cry during animated films, bit FiM has had more touching moments than tearjerkers. I've cried for reasons other than sadness over the death of cartoon turtles or personal trauma maybe once or twice in my life.

There have been a few instances where I got teary eyed during an episode, but didn't actually cry.

A couple of these instances include:

* Rarity and Sweetie Belle fighting in Sisterhooves Social. This particular moment reminded me of my childhood and my siblings.
* Fluttershy bawling her eyes out in Hurricane Fluttershy.
* Twilight being in tears and crying on the stairs after being blasted by Princess Celestia in the Canterlot Wedding episode.
* Twilight breaking down in the season three premiere episode.

* Scootaloo being on the verge of tears apologising to Rainbow Dash in Sleepless in Ponyville. 

But the one episode that made me bawl my eyes out was none other than Magical Mystery Cure with the Celestia's Ballad song.

That song actually got me to break down down and start crying, which up to that point was never done in 21 years. The last time this happened was when I watched The Muppets take Manhattan back in 1992 on television and I ended up in an emotional mess at the end by watching the ending scene and was moved by how well it was made.

I haven't, no, but I may in the future, we will see, but there really hasn't been anything depressing or sad to go on to make me feel to cry, but then again I am quite hard to get to cry when it comes to fictional things, maybe something has happened, and I haven't picked up on it.

Edited by Sapphire Quill

A Canterlot Wedding both parts. I felt really bad when everyone just abandoned Twilight like that at the end of the first. The second part, I was just so happy for Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, and even Twilight. The worst thing about the second part was that I was at school minutes before any classes started. 

I don't typically show any emotion while watching something.  Even laughter is relatively rare, especially if I'm alone.  However, I couldn't help it when Scootaloo broke down in front of Rainbow Dash in Sleepless In Ponyville.  Just the way that they were building up to it throughout the whole episode, and you know that she eventually has to tell Dash but you're almost as afraid to see it as she is.  Then when the moment comes it's executed perfectly.  Before that moment, it's a pretty good episode, but that 2-3 minute scene (for me) makes it the best episode.  I couldn't help but shed a couple of tears.

I know I did, but I can't remember which episodes...I think one of them was return of harmony 2 when twilight "gave up." Not sure though. :/

Well, I have yet to actually cry during an episode, but I've been on the verge of tears a couple times. Probably the most notable was when Twilight was Discorded near the end of The Return of Harmony. That look on her face when she gives up is just heartbreaking, and the way Discord just laughs it off makes it even moreso :c