Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever cried during an episode?

SveciaDash

When Twilight had given her speech at the end of Magical Mystery Cure, I almost cried, but...you know...my dad was sitting right there watching with me...so I managed to hold it in.

But...it was such a beautiful moment.  I do like how Twilight became a Princess, how she became an alicorn...because I love how I got the chance to watch Twilight grow from a pony who didn't want any friends or anything to this...this pony who...was so powerful and happy because of the friends she made and the experiences we got to see her go through.

It...it really shows that...at least in this show...

Friendship is magic.

(dude, I'm so cheesy)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thank CELESTIA for this thread...

I thought I was the only one!

There are SO many beautiful moments in this series...

I feel also I should point out, that a bunch of it is due to Daniel Ingram's beautiful sound work...

Some of his songs just kill me every time! (I also find the "crying" point is usually during a song's climax, or 

when a character hits a super emotional high note...celestia's song for example...gosh...celestia's song...

I just can't watch that scene without tearing up! Same with Cadence and Shining Armour finishing off chrysalis in "a canterlot

wedding!" The music gets to that special climax and then...boom. It hits you. 

Another noteable example is the cranky doodle episode. The end of that episode brings so much feels...

Tears of beauty...it's a thing...like liquid pride, only better...

No, I've never actually cried while watching MLP. Call me insensitive if you will, but I've never even come close. There've been a few moments where I felt a little bit of sadness and pain for the characters, namely Twilight during her BBBFF song and Fluttershy's crying in Hurricane Fluttershy, but that's about it. I know I cried inside when Applejack revealed to her friends that she failed to win any blue ribbons at the rodeo, but no actual tears were shed I'm afraid. :(

That's okay though. There's a first time for everything. I've been holding back my tears for (hopefully) an episode about Applejack's deceased parents. If Hey Arnold and the Rugrats could get me to cry like a baby over that kind of subject matter, MLP should have no problem. smile.png

Edited by Sugar Cube

To be honest yes. It was in the scene of ''Putting Your Hoof Down'' when Fluttershy was teasing Pinkie and Rare. I culdn't help feeling sorry for them even though it isn't Fluttershy's fault for being mean.

Season One Episode Two. Every single time I watch that episode, I cry, and I watch it often. I still cry every single time without fail. Only time I didn't cry was the first time I watched it, before I was a brony proper.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't quite cried at the show yet (I'm surprised as I normally cry really easily!). I'm sure I will one of these days! But meantime, two moments stand out as very nearly making me burst into tears, both from magical mystery cure:

I've Got To Find A Way always makes me well up. Seeing the mane six all so sad, oh my.

There's a bit during Celestia's song where Twilight just looks SO touched and amazed, and wide eyed with wonder, that I start choking up every time. I'm not even that big of a Twilicorn supporter (I tend to lean the other way really), but at that moment she could have been replacing both Celestia and Luna (is best princess) and I wouldn't have cared.

• Brohoof 1

Yes I did, but its due to that it relates to my current situation, it was the Canterlot Wedding episode, where Cadence is singing her song along with the villian. I cried because it occurred to me what if that were to happen between me and my fiance? That someone would try to take him away from me? Not that anypony would lol, but lets just say that one liner in her song,

"Must escape before its too late, find a way to save the day! Hope? I'll be lying if I say! I will fear that I may lose him to someone who wants to use him! Not care for him or cherish him each day!

For I also love the Groom, all my thoughts, he does consume!

Oh Shining Armor! I'll be there very soon!

Oh the Wedding we won't make, he'll end up marrying a fake!"

Made me goosebump and cry, I can't imagine losing my fiance sad.png

Yeah there were one or two episodes that made me shed a few tears. 

Sleepless in Ponyville - After Dash saved scootaloo from the river. 

Magical Mystery Cure - Celestia's Ballad and Twilights speech after her coronation.

The Crystal Empire - When Spike and Twilight saw there worst fears.

I almost did in the ending of second season's finale. It was so beautiful. That end just made me realize all the fun I had thanks to this show and fandom. Dem it was great!

So I almost did once but no, never cried.

Edited by Hecarim

I cried in Putting Your Hoof Down when fluttershy realizes that she has become a monster and the sad music plays... Ugh.. Gets me every time. also when twilight became "Discorded". So sad to see their morale go to a low.

• 4 months later...

I'll Just revive this thread a bit...

I cried during he episode "Hearths Warming Eve". Can't tell you why, I just thought it was so beatiful  :(

no not really.....came really close when i saw AJ in tears during true true friend though....pinkie's rap made me wanna cry simply because it reminded me of being a kid in the 90's.

I was watching Pinkie Pride for the first time and I came close to crying when Pinkie's friends ignored Pinkie and she was singing her lament. IMHO, the other Mane Five were even more of antagonists than Cheese.