Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Homura Akemi drawing

TheInsaneShane

Okay, so this is different from the pony drawings I usually upload. I really love anime, it's just an amazing type of storytelling. So, I decided to draw Homura Akemi, a character from one of my favorite animes; Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Hope you all like it!!!!

post-17743-0-42847300-1384137217_thumb.jpg

post-17743-0-77303400-1384137276_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 8

Wow, that's pretty good!  :)  I just recently started watching that anime.  Homura is so bad ass and she doesn't sugarcoat anything.  She makes Seto Kaiba seem like a sweet teddy bear by comparison. 

• Brohoof 2

Wow, that's pretty good!  :)  I just recently started watching that anime.  Homura is so bad ass and she doesn't sugarcoat anything.  She makes Seto Kaiba seem like a sweet teddy bear by comparison.

D: Wingnut watches Madoka? I just started it two days ago. Tried reading the manga for awhile but got SOO confused i stopped.
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

D: Wingnut watches Madoka? I just started it two days ago. Tried reading the manga for awhile but got SOO confused i stopped.

You need to read the manga a few times over to let it fully sink in. One notable (infamous example) is The Different Story (also a Madoka Magica manga). But the overall style remains the same; you get a slightly different set of feels because of the whole...

...multiple timeline thing. It's most profound in the original as it deals with Homura's story and some key lines like "what did you wish for, Homura?" early on essentially socks you in the stomach during a re-read.

Then again, reading manga takes practice of its own. The black-and-white purity of the format can be hard to follow at times than, say, fully-animated works.

You need to read the manga a few times over to let it fully sink in. One notable (infamous example) is The Different Story (also a Madoka Magica manga). But the overall style remains the same; you get a slightly different set of feels because of the whole... Then again, reading manga takes practice of its own. The black-and-white purity of the format can be hard to follow at times than, say, fully-animated works.

I haven't picked up a manga in a long time.  Usually I only read those borrowed by my friends but I'm already accustomed to the black and white art and right to left layout. 

Please don't spoil it here but I never did find out what Humora's wish was for.  The 12 part animated series didn't say. 

I haven't picked up a manga in a long time.  Usually I only read those borrowed by my friends but I'm already accustomed to the black and white art and right to left layout. 

Please don't spoil it here but I never did find out what Humora's wish was for.  The 12 part animated series didn't say. 

I put the thing in the spoiler in case you hadn't finished it (or get to that point). The TV series is very, very easy to re-watch after one lap, though. The movies aren't as hooking because there's pretty much a wham line at the end of every episode and the lack of pauses in the films negate that, somewhat.